Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Guest liezle

:D

hey frances and bb, saw these posted in KOB. you might want to add this in your blog entry regarding yong joon's thighs and legs ;) if my memory is correct, haven't seen these photos there :)

on34.jpg

byong2.jpg

on001.jpg

Guest happiebb

:D

hey frances and bb, saw these posted in KOB. you might want to add this in your blog entry regarding yong joon's thighs and legs ;) if my memory is correct, haven't seen these photos there :)

http://myhome.hanafos.com/~gaulyeoja/on34.jpg

http://myhome.hanafos.com/~gaulyeoja/byong2.jpg

http://myhome.hanafos.com/~gaulyeoja/on001.jpg

haha, maybe one of us can start a 'hairy calves' blog post with these pics B)

Guest liezle

wow, another helping hand :D thanks bb and sashimi for this article.

[Trans] I Did Talk to BYJ

Reposted from: http://www.happiebb.blogspot.com

bb: fellow fans can be such sweet people sometimes...

having seen how some of us do translation and share stuff like pictures and VODs,

we've managed to get other fans to open up and share too.

yes, just like how our sweet sister has been translating for us,

i found a piece of translation work from yet another sister in my inbox today!

yea, we've got another fellow fan who has translated more news for us!

and... her ID is.... sashimi!

[she's making me hungry, hee!]

our dear sashimi's 'debut work' is an article

found in Korean Drama Now, Vol. 9 which rosiebaba posted on 31 july 2006.

thanks rosiebaba! and of course, thanks sashimi!

Original in Japanese: Korean Drama Now Vol. 9

Scanned by: Rosiebaba / joonsfamily

Translated into English: Sashimi / bb's blog

Exclusive: I DID talk to Bae Yong Joon

Kim Jae-Peom from ‘GoodDay’ got through to Yonsama

who is getting ready to start filming GKFG

[bb: just in case you didn’t know, GoodDay is an online newspaper from Korea,

and Kim is supposedly one of the reporters whom YJ is on closer terms with.

And please note although the magazine is just out,

this telephone interview took place in early July.]

64322744nltehgoukoreadramanowlo1.jpg64323158gimilc2o1fs1.jpg

A minor injury during the practice for the drama,

a breakdown, a small fire from the newly moved-in apartment,

BYJ has met with accidents quite frequently in the first half of the year.

His fans have been worried about him since he doesn’t show up in public lately.

It is not easy to catch him on the phone nowadays,

even for the staff in his agency.

He usually doesn’t to carry the cellphone with him.

Moreover, he rarely picks up calls himself recently.

The business calls are passed through his manager who is with him.

In early July, GKFG filming schedule was announced,

and I was finally able to talk to BYJ over the phone finally

after numerous attempts to contact him.

‘I have devoted all my energies to the preparation for the drama,’

said in cheerful voice.

His voice had strong and positive sound compared to that in May

during which time the gossip about his insomnia came out.

He shared more, ‘I am little nervous, but I feel great.

The shooting (GKFG ) is just around the corner.

I’ve waited for long.’

He explained, ‘That is the reason I don’t pick up the calls.

I don’t want to be distracted.’

According to him, he had done test shooting once

as well reading through a script together [with others].

He [also] had costume fitting recently.

Well, I asked him about aftermath of the fire [in his apartment].

‘The room is under renovation now.

Things are messy. I cannot settle down.

People say I should stay at a hotel,

but I wouldn’t want to give trouble to anyone.

Also, I feel uncomfortable [staying in a hotel].

So it ended up that I still stay in the apartment.

Vinyl partition has been put up temporarily

between the living room and the room that caught fire.’ He laughed.

I guess he is very energetic and ready to go for GKFG.

Guest liezle

Lotte Duty Free Photos

By style

Not sure if these photo can also be found in Jamsil Subway Station.

Geez, the piece of skin in his chest makes me :blush:

lo1ff1.jpg

dscn3654shn2.jpg

dscn3716nq9.jpg

dscn3653zf7.jpg

Guest liezle

GKFG construction site in Jeju

posted by hyejun

i don't know when was these taken but it's nice to see the progress of the site :D

a0100044_7_jeju0001.jpg

a0100044_7_jeju0002.jpg

a0100044_7_jeju0003.jpg

Yong Joon at 24TV

by kirio

is this from his last visit to japan? there's a vod too but i think it's congested i can't download it. :crazy:

24tvkizunasq0.jpg

Guest happiebb

[VOD] 24시간TV 

posted by pola in www.byj.co.kr

i think that the link is congested at the moment. been trying to d/l since it was posted :wacko:

http://joon.sakura.ne.jp/tv/24TVkizuna.wmv

i think that the original vod came from the blog of mihiro "My Precious"

i think something's wrong with the clip,

i managed to download it, but it's just a flash of image,

and the indicated length of the vod is 0:00!

the image is the exact one of the screencap you captured.

anyhow my guess is it's just a trailer for the 24-hr charity program,

possibly yong joon's segment will be aired 26/27 aug...

he did something similar for the program last year too, remember?

click here for the clip from last year that tomato posted.

Guest liezle

thanks bb for the info. i still cannot d/l it :) anyway, it is nice to see another "new" photo of yong joon. miss him terribly. i know you do also ;)

joanne is back and she's translating news again. here's 1st of her translation. it's a news which came out aug 1.

Gaeulyeoja posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

Korean to English translation by Joanne

BYJ's fans, donated 5 million won flood relief fund

[star News] 8/1/06

Following BYJ who gladly donated 200 million won for helping flood victims, his fans also participated in donation.

BYJ's fans prepared about 5 million won by collecting voluntarily in name of ‘2006 BYJ family aide for flood victims' from 24 to 31 last month, and delivered to the World Vision.

They delivered 5 million won flood relief fund to the World Vision in the afternoon on 31st in the name of 'BYJ Family' and they showed warm appearance of fans joining in good deed of their star.

On the other hand, BYJ has been doing persistent donation activities including donation of 300 million won to the World Vision, international relief organization for the recovery of damage from earthquake-tsunami in the South Asian region in January last year, and 200 million won to Social Welfare Joint Fund Organization for domestic childhood cancer patients and for welfare of women, etc.

Reported by Lee Kyuchang,ryan@mtstarnews.com

Copyright © Money Today Star News

Guest liezle

Gaeulyeoja posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

Korean to English translation by Joanne

[News] To install direction signs for Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi sets

[Newsis]8/1/06 12:01

City of Jeju announced on 1st that as tourists visiting the sets of the Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi increased rapidly, it will install direction signs along major roads leading to sets.

The direction signs to be set up at this time are for 20 places along the Joong Mountain road and it will cost 37 million won business expense, and they plan to install additionally along the road around the island and 5.16 road as they grasp the future needs.

The sets for Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi are built as the first set in the size of 60,000 pyeong inside Myusanbong Tourists Area in Deokcheon-Ri, Koogya-Eup, Jeju-City, and the second set around Seongbooloreum in Koogya-Eup and they are undergoing touch up construction at this time.

The Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi with the Great King Kwang-gae-to in Kogooryeo as its subject has Korean Current star BYJ as its starring role, and many tourists from Japan and Taiwan, etc. are flocking in.

Before this, the Jeju Special Self-Administrating Province set up new entrance road for the convenience for the tournsts who visit Myosanbong set.

Reported from Jeju, Kang Jeonghyo,jhkang@newsis.com

Copyright © Newsis

Guest liezle

another nice work from koshuka, thanks frances for posting. love all her drawings. hee, it seems that there's is not a day that we don't post drawings/sketches from baesisters. so many talented artists in the family. and i'm so happy that they share them with us.

got to go now :) seeya later guys...ciao!

Guest s3rene

That is a really nice drawing by koshuka. I am surprised to see someone draw BYJ that well with such clear details. Great job. :)

Guest liezle

(Trans.) BYJ Mail Magazine (from IMX) 7.29.2006 Issue

Japanese to English translation by Myonne

Posted in BYJ's Quilt

BYJ Mail Magazine for You! (July 29, 2006 Issue)

BYJ families, hello! We feel summer in sunlight day by day. How have you all been getting along? This month, I will introduce the latest information on BYJ’s visit to Japan. Please enjoy.

++++++++++++++++++

◆BYJ attended the opening press release of a Korean cuisine高矢禮(Gosireh).

On July 23, 2006 (Sunday) a Korean Cuisine ‘高矢禮’(Gosireh) opening press conference was held at Gosireh. BYJ, who attended this ceremony, told his thought on ‘Gosireh’ like this:

“Dear everyone, this is Bae Yongjoon.

I am really glad that I can say hello to you all after a long absence. I heartily thank you that you always take much interest like this.

I think it will be really significant if ‘Goshireh’ which I introduce to you here for the first time becomes a good leading place for cultural exchange of Asia.

‘Goshireh’ is a little starting point to tell you about the food culture of our basic food, clothing, and shelter culture. It is said that the act of offering the first mouthful of a meal to the existence which brings us a longed-for rainfall indispensable for agricultural products was called ‘Goshireh’ in olden days with their thanks and prayers.

I would like to introduce the taste and charm of Korean cuisine together with such thankful heart and sincerity to you.

In this way I would like to continue to introduce good Korean culture and at the same time to introduce good Japanese culture to Korea as well.

Furthermore, I want to do what will benefit the Asian cultural exchange continuously in future.

I feel really sorry that I cannot greet you, my family, who are always encouraging and supporting me in person this time. I will show my good figure through my work, so please be patient and wait.

Once again, I would like to thank you who took trouble to come here today. I always wish your good health and happiness.”

byj72zp8.jpg

Now this time, I will send you, subscribers of BYJ Mail Magazine, the special features of ‘Gosireh’ to be finally opened on August 10th, 2006.

To begin with, from the cuisine menu to be interested most・・・

Based on a philosophy of “医食同源(medicine & food are from the same source) and “ a heart of welcoming reception”, they divide the traditional Korean cuisine into some concepts, and reproduce them into two kinds of lunch courses , and four kinds of dinner courses.

<Lunch> (All tax/service charge excluded)

*Sachalsang(寺刹床)lunch 3,500 yen

A course we usually eat at temples, good for clear mind cultivation.

*Yaksonsang(薬膳床)lunch 5,500yen

A course mainly consisting of dishes good for the body with some Chinese medical dieting employed

<Dinner>

*Pangasang(班家床)10,000yen

A high-quality course that yangpan(両班:Korean aristocracy) people used to eat

*Chanchisang(祝宴床) 15,000 yen(2nd pic.)

A luxurious course of a great variety of dishes rich to the eye and the heart.

Suitable for sharing celebration and pleasure and its meaning.

*Chuansang(酒宴床) 20,000yen

A course of dishes good for your body and health while enjoying drinking ‘sake’(liquer).

*Gosisang(高矢床) 50,000yen

A special course served to Kings as the utmost honor.

byjtsushin72zk5.jpg

And continuing on, I will show you the interior of ‘Gosireh’. When eating meals, it is important to enjoy the atmosphere as well as the taste. In ‘Gosireh’, they revivified good old Korean tradition and culture in its interior quite beautifully.

<The exterior of ‘Gosireh’>

The white reliefs which cover up the whole building above the door are modern reproduction of ‘kossal’ , Korean traditional crosspieces.

‘Gosireh’ is luxuriously decorated with the reliefs of ‘kossal’ of peony, the Queen of flowers as a motif. You may enjoy a sound of wind and a song of birds through these ‘kossal’.

<Entrance>

They put up ‘sotte’ on the side of stairs. Sotte is a long stick put up at the entrance of a village for peace and prayer of a good harvest in olden times. In ‘Gosireh’ they were put up for praying their guest will have a good time peacefully and that the noise of the outside world will not come into their hearts.

byjtsushin73hs7.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

◆Handprint of BYJ will be exhibited in Brokoreland◆

BYJ left his handprint for his families as a present in his visit to Japan this time!

On the 4th day of his visit, past 6 o’clock in the evening, just finishing the first shooing, BYJ, with all his jam-packed working schedule in this visit, ・・・・was to start the 2nd shooting from 7 o’clock. In such a small intermission, BYJ, who felt very sorry for not being able to say hello to his fans, said voluntarily to us, “Let’s do a handprinting for our families.”

The staff who had stood by all the time unknowingly when to take time for it, prepared the clay for handprinting with looks of strain. BYJ steadily forced his palm on it, saying ‘ this clay is harder than I thought.’ His long fingers and well-shaped hand were very impressive.

BYJ’s handprint will be exhibited from August 1st, 2006, in Brokoreland. Please don’t fail to take a look at his precious handprint BYJ left for you, families.

byj79qc1.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Staff Diary

The restaurant ‘Gosireh’ which BYJ has produced will be finally opened next month.

I asked him in secret which part is his most favorite in this restaurant,・・・・

he told me it is the sculptural lattice called ‘kossal’ which covers the exterior and also used for decorating the ceiling of the interior.

I hope you will see it directly by all means and thoroughly enjoy the elegant atmosphere of its design of beautiful sculptural peonies. We are heartily waiting for you to visit this restaurant.

Copyright © 2006 IMX, Inc. All rights reserved.

Guest liezle

thanks to bb and koshuka :D

Another drawing by Koshuka :D

343aj6.jpg

and i got this info from bb's blog

bb wrote ~

that word in the first picture is 'happy' and the word in the last picture is 'annoyed'... so, in the first picture, wuri yong joon was quite happy, then it's mr sohn's turn to be pleased in the second picture as yong joon's s fighting off the irritant. then in the last picture, hee... wuri yong joon's getting a tad annoyed!

can you remember where this scene is from? yea, this is from the gosireh gosa event on 23rd july, and this program was aired in japan on 24th july. hehe, up to now, i still can't figure out if the boys were trying to wave an irritating fly away, or were they just waving off the remaining ash from the gosa ceremony... does anyone know?

if you haven't seen the clip, you just have to! click here to download.

bb, i think it was the ash that they were trying to get rid off :D it was actually a cute scene :)

Have you seen this?

On August 20th, 2005, Michael He joined IMX officially. Remember him? Michael is the Taiwanese star that greeted Yong Joon on stage and presented Yong Joon with a bouquet of flowers. Later, Yong Joon dined with him and others. Yong Joon was seen eating and peeling prawns too..ha!

Well, there was a press and celebration party to officially welcome Michael into IMX held in Taiwan. During this event, Yong Joon recorded a short clip to welcome him into IMX. He was wearing a low V-neck shirt. According to the news, Yong Joon presented Michael with a LV bag. Michael really liked the bag and said it was his first LV bag (this is from another news clip). When asked what he thought about Yong Joon, he said Yong Joon has a well-proportioned body, muscular and has the best smile around! Mr. Sohn was also there at the event.

View the news clip that has Yong Joon's greeting here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-86lXtxgPWw