Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Guest liezle

Gaeulyeoja posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

Korean to English translation by Joanne

"Regret for not meeing fans", BYJ participated opening event for 'Gosireh', Tokyo

[Good Day]7/24/06

200607241232012100_2.jpg

BYJ attended 'Gosireh' even.

Top star BYJ, on a visit to Japan, attended an opening ceremony of fusion Korean restaurant he is newly opening in Tokyo.

BYJ, attending an opening ceremony of Korean restaurant 'Gosireh', being opened by Smart Kitchen he invested, in Shirokane, Tokyo in afternoon on 23, exchanged greetings with local media and celebrities from various fields.

In his greeting on that day, BYJ told, "I wish that the 'Gosireh, we are opening in this time, to inform good culture of Korea and to become a starting point for exchanging food cultures," and "I will put efforts to become helpful for cultural exchange of Asia further more in the future."

Continuing on, for fans who came at the time of his entrance to airport, and have been waiting for him encamping around the 'Gosireh' since then, he asked for understanding saying, "I have regrettable heart as I cannot have the chance to meet fans while visiting Japan at this time. In the future, I will show good appearance through my work and also will have a chance to meet (fans) personally."

At the opening ceremony of the 'Gosireh' on that day, celebrities from various fields in Japan have attended including Nagashima Shigeo, baseball hero in Japan, who was a manager of the Yomiuri Giants.

BYJ, having devoting entirely to preparation for the drama 'Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi' all the while, left Korea in utmost secret for Japan on 20 to shoot CF and to attend opening event of the 'Gosireh'(Reported by Good Day on July 20), and Japanese fans flocked in to airport and 'Gosireh' upon hearing his coming (to Japan).

Then, IMX, management company in Japan, worrying if undesirable incident might occur as fans flocked in suddenly, asked for restraint to fans on its urgent public notice, and in that process, the worry, "If this situation continues, he can go back home shortening his schedule" as noted in the public notice, was rumored as 'early return home story' in Korea.

On the other hand, BYJ plans to come home right away after finishing shooting for remaining one CF in Japan following his participation in the 'Gosireh' event.

Reported by Kim Jaebeom,oldfield@gooddayi.com

Copyrights ¨Ï Good Day

Guest liezle

More photos from “Gosireh” Gosa in Japan 07.23.06

Source : www.brokore.com

Posted by Joanne in BYJ’s Quilt

byj02.jpgbyj04.jpg

byj03.jpgbyj05.jpg

byj01.jpg

Sorry Liezle... this is a double post. Just saw your posting of the same article at the previous page, I should have checked first.

---------------------------------

July 24, 2006 08:17 KST

Bae Yong-joon, Businessman Extraordinaire

200607240005_00.jpg

Everyone's favorite son-in-law Bae Yong-joon should soon have the letters CEO on his name card. He is already regarded as something of an entertainment magnate as the largest shareholder of a Kosdaq-listed company and runs three restaurants at home and abroad.

The actor is the major shareholder of entertainment firm Keyeast with a 42.2 percent stake worth more than W50 billion (US$1=W950) at Friday's closing price. Bae bought Keyeast in March when it came close to being de-listed, changing its name from Ottowintech. He is believed to be managing some W80 billion, including his investments in restaurants and his Japanese agency.

Bae paid W7 billion in taxes last year. Softbank Korea, Bae's co-investor in Keyeast, says the investment decision came at the actor's proposal, who therefore "naturally" owns the largest stake. However, Bae will not directly take part in management, Softbank Korea President Greg Moon said.

But unlike other celebrities who just lend their name to business companies for promotion effects, Bae does now take a key part in the company's management. Most Keyeast executives including CEO Bae Sung-woong are the actor's former managers and have worked with him for some 10 years. For two or three years, Bae had been telling them he wants to start his own business to promote cooperation with entertainment companies of other Asian countries and thus sustain the Korean pop culture boom abroad.

Bae is also expanding his restaurant business. He established restaurants and cafes capitalizing on the well-being trend since opening a restaurant called Smart Kitchen last year. Then came the traditional Korean room Tea Loft at the main branch of Lotte Department Store and health food restaurant Gorilla In the Kitchen in Shinsa-dong in Gangnam, Seoul this April. A high-end Korean restaurant is scheduled to open in Tokyo next month.

Known as a perfectionist, the actor underlines and annotates his screenplays until they fall to pieces. Photographers who worked with him praise this skill at striking the perfect pose in every picture, none going to waste. Another business talent is his ability to make friends with anyone. People close to the actor say he is also good at spotting a lucrative opportunity.

Yet there are voices saying it is premature to conclude Bae is a leading business talent. The head of a management company admits that Bae has so far been successful in everything he has touched, but cautions it remains to be seen that was due to talent or the allure of his fame.

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Source: http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0607240005.html

Guest frances

Gaeulyeoja posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home

translated from korean to english by joanne

posted in quilt

joanne wrote ~

Although this was explained in Japanese OB notice as translated by Myonne, I also added Gaeulyeoja's posting.

Because there are difficult ancient words, my translation was the closest approximation of the meanings ~

Meaning of the 'Gosireh'

By Gaeulyeoja

As I was curious about the etymology of the 'Gosireh', (a restaurant Yongjoon-nim opened in Tokyo), I looked it up..^^

gosi3.jpg

k1.jpg

Any acts based on faith, there exist object of the faith, ceremonial rite, people who perform the ceremonial rite, and fable that explains the legitimacy of that act. One example of that is Dangsan Gods, Dangsansacrificial rites, and the person who officiates the rites & Dang myth in the Dangsan ceremonial rites that is performed by praying & wishing for peace of village and blessing of individuals. Like that, in faiths that are handed down in our lives, there co-exist object of the faith, ceremonial rite, people who perform the faith, and a legend with the faith as their base.

However, as time passes, there are cases that only the acts(ceremonial rites) remain not knowing the reason for (doing) it while the faith and fable have disappeared or there are cases that only the fables stay after the acts have disappeared. There are also cases that either the object of the faith would change or new fable about the act are created.

As one of those acts of faith, there is Gosireh, and a folk faith of shouting 'Gosooreh' while throwing the food into air, after taking off a bit of food & before they eat food out in a field is called 'Gosooreh' or 'Gosirae' , 'Gosireh". The 'Gosooreh" can be a word for the sound they say while they throw food into air, or for the entire act of saying the word of 'Gosooreh' while throwing off food. Also, it is also a word calling an object itself which gets the food.

~~ hmmm, quite difficult to comprehend :blink: yong joon has a unique way of choosing the names of his businesses :)

Guest liezle

hi rubie! it's ok no problem. thanks for posting the news here and at the news thead :D

<Trans> Details of Press Conference on July 23

From Brokore Entertainment Information

Japanese to English translation by flowerbossa

On July 23, a press conference announcing the opening of the traditional Korean cuisine restaurant “Gosireh” (location- Siroganedai, Minato-ku, Tokyo, scheduled for opening on August 10) was held, attracting the keen attention of 60 people from the press. A “kosa” ceremony praying for the safety and success of the restaurant was also held on this day with the attendance of Bae Yong Joon-san.

A little after 4 p.m. the press conference began with Kim Tei-san (note: IMX artist and MC at the “April Snow” Reunion event) acting as MC.

First, Sohn Il Hyong, President of IMX, made a speech saying, “I hope “Gosireh” will come to be recognized as the finest restaurant that serves Korean cuisine in Japan. Your support will be appreciated.”

Following this, the President of Smart Kitchen and Director of A-Kitchen (operating body of “Gosireh”), Chung Kyeon Geon explained the concept of the restaurant, “the spirit of hospitality” and Professor Han Bok Jin who served as food advisor offered his explanation on the menu.

According to President Sohn, the staff held many tasting events and spent a year before the menu was finalized. The food does not contain artificial ingredients of any kind such as MSG and this is a point Bae Yong Joon-san who participated in the project from the development of the concept strongly insisted on. They offer food which includes ingredients which is gentle to the body such as Platycodi Radix and Codonopsis lanceolata (translator’s note; don’t quote me on these names!!!!) – wild vegetables and traditional Chinese medicine unique to Korea which can rarely be obtained in Japanese supermarkets.

When asked whether Bae Yong Joon-san plans to visit the restaurant regularly, the president answered, “He would probably like to, but because it would cause unpleasantness for the neighbors in the vicinity if his visits cause confusion, I hope that he would limit his visits to about once a year. I will do my best to report on how it is doing as frequently as possible.” On this day too, there were many fans crowing the vicinity even though his visit was not announced.

When Bae Yong Joon-san appeared in front of the guests to perform the “kosa” praying for the safety and success of the restaurant, the flash from the cameras of the press went off at once, and the air was charged with a certain amount of excitement although the atmosphere was solemn.

Bae Yong Joon-san was dressed in a black suit with a white tie, wore rimless glasses and had his hair tied in a loose ponytail. His appearance gave the impression of being a bit sharper than the time he visited Japan last August. With the unchanging gentle smile of his, he gave the following speech.

“Hello, everyone. I am Bae Yong Joon.

It has been a while since the last time I have seen you, and I am very pleased to be given the opportunity to say hello to you on this occasion. I am very grateful that all of you are showing such strong interest in this restaurant.

I would be most happy if “Gosireh”, which I have the pleasure of introducing to you today, will serve as a place for cultural exchange in Asia through the introduction of Korean culture.

“Gosireh” is a small starting point in introducing the food culture which is a part of our basic clothing, food and housing culture. The word “Gosireh” indicates the act which was performed in the old days to express appreciation towards God who gave his blessings with rain which is so essential for the crops, and also the act of offering the first bite of the meal. It was my wish to introduce to you the taste and flavor of Korean cuisine with the same feelings of appreciation and sincerity.

I hope to continue to introduce Korean culture to Japan, and the wonderful culture of Japan to Korea in a similar fashion. Moreover, it is my intention to make continuous efforts in participating in projects which will have a positive influence on cultural exchange in Asia. During this trip, I am very sorry for not being able to meet with my family who always show me such support and affection. I will present myself in my best form through my work, so I would like to ask you to wait. Again, I would like to express my appreciation towards everyone who kindly came to this event. I wish you all of you much happiness and good health.”

After the speech, the “kosa” for the safety and success of “Gosireh” was performed.

Placed in front of a pedestal holding rice, azuki bean cake, fish (dried cod), pork, water, rice, apples, persimmons, jujube, chestnuts, and pears, is a container holding rice with a pine leaf standing in it and a pot containing liquor. The person performing the ritual bows twice on the mat in front of the pedestal, pressing his forehead on the ground.

A “kosa” is a common ceremony in Korea, performed in such occasions as the start of the filming of a movie or drama by all members of staff and cast participating in the work.

At the photo session after the ceremony, Bae Yong Joon-san gave the brightest of his smiles as if he was relieved that he was able to perform the ceremony smoothly.

Though the time was short, the soft and warm aura of Bae Yong Joon-san enveloped the venue, and with his aura still lingering in the air, the ceremony came to a close. “Gosireh” the traditional Korean cuisine restaurant in which Bae Yong Joon-san served as the general advisor is scheduled for opening on August 10! How about going to the restaurant yourself to taste the Korean food that he feels so passionately about?

Guest liezle

can someone please tell me if there are other baesisters having a hard time accessing kob? i can't seem to get through. been trying to access for almost 4 hrs now. now sure if the problem is my server.

Guest TY_KSW

More photos from “Gosireh” Gosa in Japan 07.23.06

Source : www.brokore.com

Posted by Joanne in BYJ’s Quilt

byj03.jpg

Dear Liezle.. do ya haf the pix large size?? i luv to laminate one more Yong Jun pix for my room !!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest liezle

Dear Liezle.. do ya haf the pix large size?? i luv to laminate one more Yong Jun pix for my room !!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

hhmm, TY sorry i don't can't find a bigger version of that particular photo but i found bigger version of this...

Gosireh2.jpg

from www.foreverbyj.com

and this...

en200607241214401001_0.jpg

11_9_16.gif

btw, i'm watching only now the vods and i'm surprised to see yong joon's long hair :D

Guest liezle

ok, i'm surprised to see just now a thread for "Untold Scandal" for those interested and would like to post what they thought about the movie it's in page 1 [it just surfaced :)]

just in case it goes to page 2 right away, here's the link http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60391

hee, this gave me the chance to post the screepcaps from untold by tiggermom :D

Guest frances

ok, i'm surprised to see just now a thread for "Untold Scandal" for those interested and would like to post what they thought about the movie it's in page 1 [it just surfaced :)]

just in case it goes to page 2 right away, here's the link http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60391

i also didn't know that there's a thread for Untold :blush:

this will also give me an excuse to post a lot of great film reviews for the film :P

Guest liezle

got to go now baesisters. it's raining again here and no classes again tomorrow for all levels. i envy the students! anyway, before i go to bed let me post first laki's artwork which i got from bb's blog :) it's a compilation of photos of yong joon's dogs clipper [rottweiler] and general [golden retriever].

lakiob8.jpg

i think this is clipper a few months ago...

clipper2wb9.jpg

and general...

gen2dm1.jpg

gen3ys4.jpg

btw, i think general would be much bigger now than the photos above. :D

these photos were actually posted in kob but since i do not understand the words written i didn't post them :) good thing that bb posted this in her blog [http://www.happiebb.blogspot.com] ;) thanks bb!

if you want to read about these dogs and the owner :D please read this post of bb in quilt. click here

Guest s3rene

I noticed that BYJ has been wearing black a lot recently and he looks great. However, I think some colors would brighten up his looks even better. :)

Guest liezle

poor mr. sohn :( frankly i believe that IMX is doing a very good job. though mr. sohn may not look tough doing business, i think he's capable. otherwise yong joon will not trust him. he's even approachable and communicates with fans. where can you see a president posting in his talent's official board? i just hope that fans will be more understanding. mr. sohn is only one amongst the thousands of fans of byj. oh well, there are always critics and critics are good. i hope that mr. sohn will be one tough cookie in dealing with this kind of stuff.

(Trans.) From :JOB Freeboard: President Sohn's Posting on 7/23 deep night

Japanese to Korean translation by myonne

myonne wrote ~

this is again a trans. of President Sohn's posting on JOB deep in the night of 7/23.

(actually on 24th), after the press release of 'Gosireh'.

From: JOB Freeboard No.65773 Dear BYJ families, good evening.

Contributor : sohn

Date : 2006/7/24/ 02:11:21

Content:

It had already been yesterday, but today's press release (of Gosireh) was successfully finished thanks to your cooperation.

When our car was about to leave the venue, some people who had been waiting outside stepped out on the road, but fortunately no accident happened. I thought it lucky, but because it was too dangerous a scene to my eyes, I still cannot compose myself.

There are some people who say it is odd for BYJ to turn up fairly and our management company is not good enough. I myself also would not like him to sit on the backseat of the car whose window cannot be open.

I also feel sorry for BYJ that he has to change his car in the middle of the transportation.

But, if someone should get injured, who would take the responsibility for it?

I am awfully sorry to say, but the current reality is that he cannot conduct openly, and I cannot find the way which enables him to do such for now.

BYJ conducts himself in his own place to his best possible while thinking of you, and we do our every possible thing as well. It may be insufficient, but I would like you to understand it.

Lastly, I sincerely would like to say our thanks to you, BYJ families who always believe us unchangingly, and the police & security people who had a hard time in such a bad weather.

YJ families, good night.

Guest liezle

Photos during the Gosireh Gosa 07.23.06

posted in KOB

i know that this one is already posted ;)

060723_3.jpg

and this one i believe is new :)

byj06.jpg

Guest frances

good morning :)

News Article from the 60th Edinburgh Intl Film Festival (Aug 14-27, 2006)

BENEATH THE RADAR: APRIL SNOW

by Colan Mehaffey

115.jpg

Director Hur Jin-ho's third feature is a bittersweet melodrama that will cast a spell over audiences. The South Korean director has yet again managed to craft a simple yet beautiful and emotive film, following Christmas in August and One Fine Spring Day.

In-su (Bae Yong-joon) and Seo-young (Son Ye-jin) meet at a hospital in the wake of a car accident involving their spouses, who are in a coma. They discover that their critically ill partners were conducting an affair and begin to seek solace in each other, growing slowly closer. Their relationship comes under threat with the imminent awakening of one spouse and deteriorating health of the other.

Whilst the plot is not startlingly original, Hur Jin-ho slowly and subtly draws a tremendous amount of emotional tension from a straightforward narrative with minimal dialogue. He’s greatly assisted by Korean heartthrob Bae Yong-joon and Son Ye-jin, who deliver terrifically understated performances that perfectly match the film’s mood. There’s no clumsy handling of the serendipitous situation either, the events being played out at a perfect pace, allowing the audience to be progressively drawn into the drama.

Only the hardest of hearts could be resistant to this film, a patiently told and thoroughly involving melodrama.

April Snow is showing on 17 and 19 August at Filmhouse.

source ~ http://www.edfilmfest.org.uk/news/articles/detail/115

Guest Jesw_21

Hi again ginnie! Tea Loft is at the 14th floor of Lotte Duty Free Shop. Not sure though if it’s the highest floor. Here are photos by jesswee posted at the first few pages of this thread.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8729/tealoft1112qp0.jpg

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9474/tealoft2760hi0.jpg

please do not repost above photos without permission

Hi Liezle !

thks for posting my Tea Loft pics again.....make me miss the place again.....

Hi Ginnie,

Tea Loft is on 14th Floor and seem to be on highest floor.....(if i didnt remember wrongly)cos i took lift to level 12 and took escalator up to 13th floor then took Tea Loft 's exclusive glass lift up to the cafe.....and eerrrrr ... pls don't call Tea Loft 'high-class Kopitiam' or compare them ......it's really can be considered a high-class cafe/restaurant judging by the interior decor and ambience, calling it 'Kopitiam' is doing it disservice and like giving ppl impression that the place is like Starbucks/Coffeebean's feel. i like the ambience cos it's really quiet and relaxed to dine there. The cafe is 'isolated' like in a attic and away from crowds..... so i think Tea Loft really mean LOFT/ATTIC...

do go there and have a nice time if you have a chance to tour Korea......sure you will have a unforgettable experience there. The staffs are also very nice and friendly,they do speak English....and you can ask them what our BYJ oppa had when he was there and they will recommend you the items....this was what we did when we saw pics of our Oppa having the drink and desserts in the cafe.....what i can say that our Oppa dont have sweeth tooth(for sweet stuffs).....in fact his taste is a wee bit 'extraordinary'...... :blush:

cheers!

jessica