Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Guest liezle

ginnie thanks for the youtube link. first time i'm seeing it :) the photo of yong joon peeling the prawn is so cute. love that!

hey sara! yeah remember reading that somewhere ;)

frances, thanks again for the sketches. :)

willenette, it amazes me to see how yong joon can easily diet. last march we saw him chubby, in may he trimmed down a bit but he looks buff. and then just last month he looks kinda thin even thinner when he did AS. anyway, but one thing for sure is that he's fit to be the great king.

hi himeno! i love yong joon's voice as well. it so velvety :wub:

Guest liezle

news: BYJ to join 24hours TV charity program in Japan

Source: Nikkan Sports

Time: 6:25am 4 August 2006

posted by tomato99 in byj's quilt

screencap courtesy of mihoro

24tvkizunaof0.jpg

Yon-sama to cooperate with “24 hours TV” again

It has been revealed on 8/3, Korean actor Bae Yong Joon will join this year’s Nippon TV’s charity program“24 hours TV,” (26 – 27 August) .

Yon-sama sent 2minutes video message and donated 20million yen to victims of Niigata Chuetsu earthquake last year.

He has supported this year’s theme and has already recorded a video to call for charity.

Before the event on 26-27 August, there will be a related TV program scheduled on 13 Aug 3:30pm, which BYJ will appear by video.

According to the TV station, BYJ has been informed about the activities of welfare vehicles he has sent, and he has send hearty cheers to the people who are involved in recovery.

BYJ has also sent comments to Japanese family (fans) to cooperate in this years 24 hours TV.

tomato: this years theme is “絆(kizuna), BOND.”

“BOND, what can we do now?”

last year’s theme was “生きる(ikiru), LIVE,”

so many people were caught in natural and human disasters and struggling to live.

Taking one step forward from last year, this year's will be “what are we living for?”

There is some things that are essential for our lives, it is BOND;

bond as a family, community bond, bond of trust….

Guest vignette

frances, thanks for posting all those wonderful artwork especially that last one from hiyonn. How I wish I have their talent for creating such wonderful works of art.

Guest liezle

hey everyone... am wondering...

is it just me, or is soompi terribly slow the whole week huh?

hi there bb! soompi is ok from my end. though there are times that it is slow. but so far it's ok.

8 Angels Jacket

do you remember the angel jacket that yong joon wore in taiwan, the one mentioned by flowerbossa in her translation of satovic's account when she saw yong joon? anyway, if you don't remember click the following links

Satovic Meets BYJ Part 1 of Chapter 1

Supplement photos from happiebb

Satovic Meets BYJ Part 2 of Chapter 1

below are additional photos from bb's blog which she shared. thanks bb!

in the photos you can clearly see in the jacket angels. pretty don't you think? there are more at the back of the jacket.

angel201fv5.jpg

angel202hp3.jpg

from bb's blog she wrote ~

satovic wrote about the white jacket wuri yong joon wore when he left taipei. that's one of my faves too. and yea, that was what i had thought as well... the interesting detail at the back of the jacket... you see, several angels were sewn on the jacket, and in particular, there's a headless one right at the collar at the back. so wuri yong joon's head rose naturally from there and it sure made people think, ah! he's the missing angel!

Yong Joon is the 8th Angel :)

now, soompi is slow :crazy:

Guest liezle

Polaris posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

Korean to English translation by Joanne

[NEWS] We can't live due to 'Yon-sama restaurant'!

[JES]8/3/06

Evening Fuji, a sports newspaper in Japan reported on the 3rd that 'Gosireh' high class Korean restaurant BYJ is to open on 10 in Shirakane, Tokyo, gets complaints from neighboring residents due to swarming fans.

The 'Gosireh' BYJ is opening saying 'I would like to introduce genuine Korean gourmet culture' in Tokyo, following the 'Gorilla in the Kitchen', health food restaurant in Cheongdam-Dong, Seoul, is boasting hot popularity to extent that number of people who made reservation is already over 4,000 in the end of last month, 10 days before its opening, and the Evening Fuji insists that side reaction from the high popularity is not a small matter.

The newspaper reported the 'protests' from neighboring residents such as "On July 23 when opening reception was held, fans began gathering from 11 PM in previous night and talked loudly all night," "On the opening day, over 300 fans jammed the sidewalks around the restaurants and stood in our way," "It was inconvenient as living space for residents was teeming with fans."

A male residents expressed his discontent saying, "Probably because there is something to watch, contact accidents due to driving with rubber neck occur frequently. It occured no less than 3 times in this road just recently."

In contrast, a lady fans who appeared around it protested, "Although I do not think that I can meet BYJ by coming in front of this restaurant, I came here three times despite of that. Although there could me ill-mannered fans, what problem is there for people who only watch it quietly."

The position of the 'Gosireh' is "There is no plan for BYJ to visit this restaurant for the time being" including the very day of opening. Considering that there were resident who continued complaints damage due to swarming tourists at the 'Joonsahng's home' in city of Chooncheon, which was known as BYJ's home in drama 'WLS' domestically also, the 'nuisance to the people' due to popularity is an unavoidable byproduct. City of Chooncheon paid supplemental money to the residents at the time.

On the other hand, BYJ decided to participate with video message in '24 Hour TV', charity program by Nipon TV in Japan to be aired on coming 26 adn 27 . Last year also, BYJ appealed to viewers to help by sending about 2 minutes-long video message, and he himself also donated 20 million yen(about 170 million won) for earthquake victims in Niigata Prefecture in Japan.

They plan to make public BYJ's video message in part in a related program in the afternoon on 13.

Reported by Song Wonseop,five@jesnews.co.kr

Copyright © Joongang Entertainment & Sports (JES)

Guest happiebb

hi there bb! soompi is ok from my end. though there are times that it is slow. but so far it's ok.

mmm.... wonder what's wrong,

it's been terribly slow at my end the whole week...

sometimes it takes so long just to open up a page, so long that i wanna give up waiting :sweatingbullets:

Guest liezle

oh i hope nothing serious is wrong again with soompi. it's weekend, i hope the site won't be unaccessible in the coming days.

A Must Read :D

[Trans]Satovic meets BYJ Chapter Two – Part 2

Chapter Two Part 2

When the “fasten your seat belt” sign in the cabin went off, many passengers stood up to get Yong Joon’s autograph, so then, he quickly put on his sun glasses with dark brown lenses.

Perhaps, that is his ritual when he goes in to the work mode.

Unfortunately, with his sunglasses on, I could not read even half of his expression.

The gentle smile he shows when he is wearing his glasses is nice too of course, but the penetrating beauty, the cool marble like beauty and the depth of his features when he is not wearing them are beyond words.

It occurred to me than, that if Lotte had wanted to bring out Yong Joon’s beauty when he is not smiling, perhaps they should have shot the Flavono gum commercials without glasses. I guess there are many many more possibilities waiting to be discovered in the actor Yong Joon.

When he is signing autographs, he has the face of a professional.

So, he can’t even relax when he is on the plane…

Any one who met their idol Yong Joon in a situation such as this would surely want a souvenir to remember it by I suppose Yong Joon answers the request of each one of them so sincerely, because he understands the feelings of the people who come to him.

Among these people, there was a man who was obviously not his fan, probably a pro of some sort. Although we were asked not to take photos, he was snapping away when the manager was not looking.

Because I wanted him to relax at least during this flight, I did not ask for his autograph. I had actually prepared a book and a translation of it that I was hoping to give him if I had the luck of seeing him some where, but I was having second thoughts about handing it to him, too. I didn’t feel like bothering him.

The manger eventually started to ask the people to refrain from going to him, and so his job was finally over. Just then, when I saw the title of the book he took up again, I realized that it was not something he was reading for pleasure. Well, if that was the case, I thought that maybe I could do something to make him relax a little, and decided to go over to him to give him my book. I did not want to receive anything for him, but I wanted to do something FOR him. I wanted to entertain him, make him happy, and make him laugh.

I walked over to his seat, said hello, and gave him a file which contained a print out of the website of the charity exhibit we held - it had pictures of works of art that the Japanese family made from their bottom of their hearts, such as drawings and embroidery of Joon. I could not read his expression because of the large sunglasses, but when he took the file in his hands, he started to look through each page carefully. I wanted to let him know how the Japanese fans loved him, enjoyed getting together, and was having fun.

Included in these photos: the fans in Aomori were celebrating by wearing red towels, and shaking their fists in the air imitating “The Image” team when they had completed their project; the happy faces of the participants of the BSJ Valentine’s day event when they were practicing Korean etc…. Yong Joon was looking at the pictures, paying attention to each one. I knew that I shouldn’t take too much of his time, so I said to him, “Please, I would like to give this to you, so please look at it when you get home. And, one more thing - this is a book I wrote. The publisher had kindly consolidated the writings I posted on the Japanese official board. I had written them to entertain your fans, but I would be happy if you enjoyed them, too. I also made a Korean translation of it. It’s a very short story, so I think you can read it in about one hour, before this flight arrives in Seoul. Would you kindly read it, and let me know what you think of it? “. So, I gave him the book and the translation of Chapter One which was a suspense story.

Now, you may think that I said all this smoothly, but in reality, I was so excited that I was stammering pretty badly. Mr. Sohn (the president of IMX) was kindly interpreting what I was saying in Japanese, but I wasn’t sure what language I was using myself. I had started to speak in English from some point, but the grammar of the sentences was that of Japanese, and it got so messed up that I ended up putting the verb at the end of the sentence, oh dear, how am I going to end this sentence….that’s how it was.

Anyway, I somehow handed it to him and went back to my seat. Yong Joon started to read it right away. Actually, the translation was already completed a few months ago, and I knew I should have sent it to the person that it was modeled after. But you see, I could not send it. When I had the Korean fans read this story, there were two opposing reactions. Some of them said, “This is great! He would surely enjoy it!” while the others advised me not to show it to him.

I had written the story to fulfill Yong Joon-san’s dream of playing a bad guy who wears the mask of a good guy (translator’s note: YJ likes “The Usual Suspects”). So, not only did the first half of the story have parts that put him down, what really made the Korean fans worried was the fact that the heroine’s name was ‘Kim Mi Hyang (金美香)’. Mi Hyang happens to be Choi Ji Woo ’s (the actress who played Yujin) real name. Any Korean who was a “Winter Sonata” fan knew that. And it was a well known fact that Yong Jon-san did not like to be talked about in connection with her. Of course I didn’t know that, and I was sorry for my ignorance, but I couldn’t do anything about it because it was already out in print. I thought it would be strange to change the name only in the translation, so I gave everything to him as it were.

I had another aim in writing this story. By honestly writing about such matters as how the society was critical of his behavior at the time of his visit to Japan I wanted to sublimate these things that were bothering us by expressing it in fiction. But according to the Korean fans, he disliked having unfavorable things said about his friends more than anything, so if he read the critical parts about IMX, he would be offended.

But it was fiction after all, and because it was a story I had posted on the official board controlled by IMX, it would have been deleted at the time if there were problems. I did not think much of that, but I WAS concerned about the point that YJ might be offended. If it were a signed book or something, he probably would not be able to throw it away, either.

But my worries turned out to be groundless. After reading about three pages of the translation, he burst into laughter.

Yeah!!! I did it! He thought it was funny~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!

I was so happy I could die!

I wasn’t sure which part amused him, but he could take a joke, he has that kind of sense of humor, just as I thought! After that too, he was so sincere and took time to read it line by line. Well, I guess he had no choice but to read it through if the author was scrutinizing him like that even if it was from afar (^_^;)

(to be continued)

liezle : though i know already what will happen next ;) can't wait to read the next part. it's getting exciting :D it's nice to read this over and over again. lucky lucky lukcy satovic.

Guest frances

still no latest news on the Hallyu Expo 2006 in Jeju??

got this photo from byj bar site, not sure tho if this is actually part of the 'Hallyu Expo 2006' look :unsure:

hallyuhz2.jpg

Guest dream3rx0

hiii [= i have a very random question. I saw this kdrama in Mongolia like a looong time ago and i believe it had Bae Yong Joon in it cause thats how he got soo popular in Mongolia. I think the drama was about like these 2 families and their kids going out with each other and stuff and i believe he played the role of Chon Woo ( ?) Well, i was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the dramas called.

Thanks in advance <3

Guest frances

hiii [= i have a very random question. I saw this kdrama in Mongolia like a looong time ago and i believe it had Bae Yong Joon in it cause thats how he got soo popular in Mongolia. I think the drama was about like these 2 families and their kids going out with each other and stuff and i believe he played the role of Chon Woo ( ?) Well, i was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the dramas called.

Thanks in advance <3

hi there dream3rx0, welcome to yong joon's thread :)

i think you're talking about his 1997 (or 1996?) drama "First Love". i have not seen this drama yet, coz we're still waiting for the english subbed version. btw, this drama is still the all time highest rating drama

in korea with 65% viewership !

yong joon off cam in first love ~

mag2000287iq.jpg

from the drama ~

fst291fe4.jpg

fst81vf9.jpg

fst4002sx1.gif

i think you're talking about his 1997 (or 1996?) drama "First Love". i have not seen this drama yet, coz we're still waiting for the english subbed version. btw, this drama is still the all time highest rating drama

in korea with 65% viewership !

Really? Never knew that!! Wow...

I love BYJ in this drama! Love his change from student to a manager and to have his revenge. It isn't his "First Love" but nice to see him and Choi Ji Woo together before 'WS'.

At that time I finished watch "Winter Sonata" and I was so addicted to him so I bought many of his old dramas. And this one was definetly the best. Although is very looong (it has around 64 Eps I guess) but really worth to watch.

Guest liezle

Really? Never knew that!! Wow...

I love BYJ in this drama! Love his change from student to a manager and to have his revenge. It isn't his "First Love" but nice to see him and Choi Ji Woo together before 'WS'.

At that time I finished watch "Winter Sonata" and I was so addicted to him so I bought many of his old dramas. And this one was definetly the best. Although is very looong (it has around 64 Eps I guess) but really worth to watch.

hi flake! many english speaking fans are still waiting for FL to be released with english subs. and i'm one of those :D been wanting to watch this bec i've heard and read that it's beautiful.

geez, would this be another typical weekend in baeland? hope not B)

Guest liezle

remember the screencaps which i posted for 2 days about "goodbye my love"? the one and only mv of yong joon shot in canada? the one where he was with lee na young? someone pm-ed me and asking for the link to the MV, here you go. :)

[mv] goodbye my love (잘가요내사랑)

posted by 권오경 in www.hermesyongjun.com

http://truelovebyj.com/flower/goodbyemylovemv.asf

thanks to : cafe.daum.net/byjfan- April snow님