Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Guest jaimez

thanks frances for these lovely pages, I can sure use them for writing letters to BYJ sisters. :D

thanks liezle for the "Goodbye my love" pictures. If I stroll down fast enough, it really feels like a MV rolling! :rolleyes:

Guest liezle

hi there willenette! i'm just guessing here, probably he can too but not as fluent as the others. i know that during AS he had an english tutor that always with him even in shooting. just don't know if up until now he's learning the language. likewise, i remember that mr lee, ceo of bof before, where he met during hotelier days in the US, can only speak english. well, i hope some sisters can reply to your question too.

Goodbye My Love Screencaps ~ 5

by tigger mom

goodbyeaqr4.jpg

Guest frances

posted by makishi in B.S.J. [ BYJ's Supporters in Japan] site /

u can alse view the pics in bb's blog

GKFG costumes ?? bb mentioned in her blog that the words in the first pic says GKFG :)

tho we still need confirmation on this ;)

a0100077_22_twssg01.jpg

costumeskk0.jpg

Guest liezle

[Trans] Josei Jishin 2006/08/15

Reposted from: http://www.happiebb.blogspot.com

[please note i will be posting the english translation for the full article soon]

Original in Japanese: Josei Jishin 2006/08/15

Scanned by: Rosiebaba / joonsfamily

Translated into English: A Sweet Sister / bb's blog

157yq9.jpg

2d3135fa72528e1ea8d311bajz4dw6.jpg

Yonsama, the handsome man with the sexy sideway-glance-over-his-shoulder look.

342ta2.jpg

Narita Airport Departure Photo

On July 23, he attended the “gosa” in Tokyo

in the traditional Korean restaurant, “Gosireh,”

(opening August 10), to pray for the restaurant’s safety and success.

The formal attire of a black suit and white necktie,

which was in contrast with his long hair done up in a topknot,

drew attention to Yonsama, who spoke to his family in his opening speech.

“To all the family members who have cheered me on and supported me,

I am deeply regretful that I am unable to meet you in person this visit.

I hope to meet you all through my next project, so please wait until then.

Please stay healthy and happy.”

Yonsama says that after the restaurant opens,

he plans to visit the restaurant at least once a year.

So if you visit the restaurant frequently, you may be able to meet him!?

Two days later, he departed Narita Airport to return home.

On this day, it was a complete change to casual jacket, jeans and flowing hair.

Once he returned to Korea, he would start filming GKFG.

It was a visit that passed in a blink of an eye but the “images of his aura still remain…”

2a4zf5.jpg

bb: oh btw, see the row of four tiny pictures on the right of the second picture?

our dear sweet sister has translated that last one for us,

coz hee, she thought we might wanna know what the caption said...

Thanks again, sweet sister!

It said: Oh, to be a female acquaintance

and to have your hand wrapped in his.

Guest liezle

ops sorry about my blunder i should have posted this before the other one which i deleted. :blush:

If you missed reading Chapter One - Part 1 click here

If you want to see the photos bb added for Chapter One - Part 1 click here

[Trans]Satovic meets BYJ Chapter Two – Part One

Japanese to English translation by flowerbossa

Chapter Two - Part One

I Want To Be a Shellfish

The ticket I had that day was for a flight from Taipei to Seoul on Asiana Airlines. Because I had some business to tend to in Korea after my trip to Taiwan, I had decided to go to Seoul directly from Taipei instead of going back to Narita (Tokyo). Because it was a one way flight, it was not a discount ticket, and a friend who was a good traveler had reserved a business class seat for me as the price is not that different. Later, when I learned from BOF’s announcement that my flight was the same one Yong Joon was getting on, I had leapt with joy, but I had also heard rumors that he had changed his flight to EVA Air which had the same departure time. So, I was not sure whether he would actually be on my flight or not.

The media waited outside the VIP lounge the whole time.

And the mob actually chased after him to the very moment he climbed into the plane.

I really felt sorry for Yong Joon who was squashed in the middle of that mob. It was so dangerous that I walked after the group keeping a distance, and boarded the plane after all the media had left.

THEN!!!

Omo!!!! Omo, omo, omo!!!!

What….what in the world (((( ;゚Д゚)))……

My god, my seat was in the same row as Yong Joon!

His seat was 1F, and mine was 1A,

Oh, oh, ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh my god, this can’t be happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the spring of 2004, I had read a posting in the board of the Japanese official site (JOB) by a Japanese family who had the luck of being on the same flight as Yon-Yon when he was flying back to Korea.

At the time, I had thought, oh how happy I would be if I could have a good close look of him for just one hour….. and here I was in the exact situation that I had dreamt of!

Once he was seated, YJ took out a book from his Louis Vuitton bag, and took off his glasses to read it.

AIGOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~~!

How beautiful his profile was as he was reading the book! Σ(゜д゜;) !!!!

How can I express it….with the light that was coming in from the window, the features of his face was accentuated. It was like, the face of Jun Sang, with the seriousness in the profile we saw when he was training during the “100 days project” floating in the sublime light … the beauty resembling the dark grey relief on a coin.

The beautiful line of the jaw, the brightness of his eyes, the radiance emitted from his strong will, and the sensual mouth. It all made my heart flutter!

I experienced something strange during my stay in Taiwan.

No matter how close I got to him, I was not fluttered at all. He was picture perfect like he was covered in some kind of plastic, but it was like watching an android, and I did not feel anything different from the Yong Joon I saw through my PC.

But!! The sight of him in the plane pierced my heart at one shot.

The word beautiful is not enough to express it. The Yong Joon I saw was more sensual, powerful,

sharp, soft… every sort of contradicting charm were concentrated in his beauty..

I just stared at him in a daze. (゜ρ゜)ーーーーっ

I felt like Yujin stealing a glance at Chung Sang when he was reading a book, and if I watched him any longer, I felt that he might feed me Min Hyung’s line, staring right ahead of him: “So what do you see? It’s quite an

ordinary face isn’t it? With one nose and two eyes… Do you always stare at people’s faces like that?

Oh, that couldn’t possibly happen, but I was scared.

I just couldn’t see him straight.

Sitting next to me, was a girl reporter from the Taiwan “Apple Daily”.

She couldn’t speak English. When she discovered that I couldn’t speak Chinese, she started to speak to me in broken Korean.

Yes….yes, I would love to talk to you but I’m BUSY you see… watching him!

But when I tried to face her, I was actually able to look towards Yong Joon while pretending to listen to her.

When she faced front, I tried to hide in her shadow, and took a verrry careful peek at him.

He had his long legs stretched out in front of him, and had the lower part below his knees crossed, and once in a while, he would re-cross them in a swift manner.

The gesture was like that of a little boy, and it was so cute that I loved it.

A little later, he was apparently getting hot, and he took off his white jacket, and was dressed only in his black shirt.

Such an elegant way, he took off his jacket!

And the muscle of his chest that I was able to see between the opening of his black shirt!!!

The thickness of his chest ........@@〕 I was getting dizzy………………

Because it was the very front seat, with an easy motion, he hanged his jacket on the in-flight magazine sticking out from the wall pocket.

When the plane shook, this jacket almost fell off, but just before it hit the ground, he was quick to grab it – just like he rescued Jin Young when she almost fell in to the pool in “Hotelier”.

I felt like whistling, “Hey! That’s COOL!!!”

I watched him performing scenes like this stealing glances by hiding myself next to the girl sitting next to me.

Never in my life did I envy the creatures in the shellfish variety more than I did then – if I were a crab or a shrimp, I could have stuck my eyes out to watch him as much as I liked!

Because I wouldn’t dare stick my whole body out to stare openly at him, I could only bend my head forward inconspicuously and jut only my eyes out (translator’s note: and satovic has HUGE eyes!), but I couldn’t help leaning forward more and more, until I was finally in the shape of the letter “C”.

When I put my arm on the armrest to support my body, and watched him dreamily, at that moment, Yong Joon who had his book in his left hand took the same gesture with his right hand.

(゜д゜;) Wha, What?

I jumped upright and quickly hid in the shadow of the reporter again.

Could he have seen me?

I was watching him from such a distance, and he was only looking forward… but was he still able to see me? Did he imitate me? Was he teasing me? My heart was pounding again.

BUT I WANTED TO SEE…. Again I hid in the shadow of the person next to me and watched him with my eyes only, dazed. Aah….. how happy I am. The beautiful line of his hands when he occasionally brought them to his mouth, the elegant way he turned the pages……

Incredulous of this bliss, I turned around to my friend who was sitting in back of me, and made a fool out of myself asking her, “hey, that IS Bae Yong Joon sitting over there right? Right?” Oh, how I wished time would stop there and then….

this post is related to the above translation of flowerbossa. bb, once again shared with us photos from taiwan. thanks bb! :D

[Pics] more YJ's pics from airport & plane...

posted by happiebb / www.happiebb.blogspot.com in BYJ's Quilt

hee, hope satovic and flowerbossa don't mind me doing this again,

yup, am gotta add more pictures to flowerbossa's posting :P

our cute YJ adjusting his cap at the airport....

11iz6.jpg

i believe this was taken inside the departure hall...

5gu7.jpg

going further inside the departure hall, i think...?

7ur7.jpg

hehe, me wondering if this was taken by that lady reporter

that our dear satovic was talking about...

i love love love how satovic had described how YJ had seemed most real

and also most attractive to him when he's himself,

not when he's being picture-perfect fronting all those official events...

that's the way i love him the most too.

9nu1.jpg

and... haha, couldn't resist stealing this picture in...

yea, YJ and his entourage's baggage!

and now excuse me while i go repent while you enjoy the pictures...

am feeling so much like 'baepparazzi' now...:P

8kw3.jpg

Guest liezle

[Trans] – BYJ, the most endearing face

chinese to english translation by cam posted in BYJ's Quilt

Source – www.appledaily.com.tw 2nd August 2006

Yesterday at the ETMall online shopping’s 6th anniversary celebration, online shoppers voted for the “Most Popular Cover” for the ETMall online monthly issue “Sales Catalogue”, which has a distribution volume of 1 million each month, No 1 in Taiwan.

BYJ came first, with “The boy next door face, the most endearing face”, “gentle smiling face”, a winning 3,452 votes.

2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th places….… omitted

During the period where BYJ was the face of the magazine cover, EtMall’s sales figures reached the 300 million TWD mark.

Guest frances

~ another development from the business side of yong joon :)

btw, he is the biggest shareholder in KeyEast at 42.2% .

[Trans] – Trading KEYEAST online with “E*Trade Japan”

translation by Cam & posted in Quilt

Source – Innolife 2006.08.02

Japan’s biggest online stock broker “E*Trade Japan” (www.etrade.ne.jp) has included security code KEYEAST as one of its international tradable stocks via its online trading starting from mid August.

According to Japanese news on the 2/8, substantial price movements of KEYEAST may occur once online trading commences for “E*Trade Japan” online investors.

The inclusion of trading KEYEAST was a result of receiving many inquiries from “E*Trade Japan” online traders. In general, only KRX top 100 securities such as LG, SK are included in the “E*Trade Japan”’s international online tradable securities list, with currently 46 securities from KRX . KEYEAST is the only security that is not in the KRX top 100 which has made it to the international tradable securities list.

Guest frances

~ i posted last night that a japanese journalist was interested in conducting an

interview w/ our fellow BYJ fan, Camille, about April Snow in France.......

well, the journalist happens to be from AERA magazine, a respected mag publication in japan :)

i do hope the interview will turn out fine and we'll get to read a wonderful article from AERA.

here's another AS input from a french moviegoer translated by Camille & posted in her blog ~

http://toujours-byj.blogspot.com/

looks like the writer is not a big fan of the storyline but he/she did like the acting of the 2 main actors ;)

Translated from French to English by camille

In April, don’t remove even a thread.

I saw April Snow of Hur Jin-Ho and it was super !

It is not a very nice story : a woman and a man are called in an hospital because their respective spouses had a car accident and are in coma. The fact is that the two victims were lovers and they had the accident together. It is rather a double heavy shock for In-su and Seo-Young who have to take care of her husband or his wife. The difficulty of the situation brings them closer and they fall in love each other with an improbable love which it's hard for them to handle : "What would happen if they had met before or afterwards? ", asks one of them. Perhaps then they would be the bad ones, those who betrayed, like their spouses. Perhaps, on the contrary, they would never meet each other.

The script is not very original; we already saw this story somewhere (Random Heart of Sidney Pollack). But here it is treated with more sensitivity. The actors are, moreover, very good and we have a real pleasure to watch their acting.

We perceive perfectly well the pain of the characters face to the discovery of the betrayal; we also understand with accuracy the ambivalence of their feeling about the accident: "You should have died. ", said In-Su to his wife when she is in coma, whereas at the same time he and Seo-Young as well have to look after his wife or her husband and to wait until they awake as if there is only a car accident. The complexity of the situation and the feelings are thus well emphasized; the setup of April and snow is rather successful: the mild spell of new love and death makes a knot together.

Guest liezle

thanks again bb, a sweet sister and rosiebaba :D

[Trans] Yonsama's Summer Schedule

Original in Japanese: Josei Jishin 8-15-06 p.38-39

Scanned by: Rosiebaba / joonsfamily

Translated into English: A Sweet Sister / bb's blog

Meet Yonsama,

His Summer Schedule/Calendar

441dl2.jpg

535mu2fz5.jpg

“Today is the first occasion to unveil “Gosireh” and to introduce Korean culture, and it is my sincere hope that this restaurant can become a base for Asian cultural exchange.”

BYJ, is the restaurant’s advisor, and on July 23, the press conference for the traditional Korean restaurant, “Gosireh,” (Shirogane, Tokyo) was held at the restaurant.

Yonsama appeared wearing a black suit and white necktie, and gave his greetings as an entrepreneur.

The restaurant area was surrounded by some 300 fans hoping to see Yonsama, who had arrived secretly on July 20. The fans were there despite the fact there was no public announcement of his activities.

But Yonsama did not appear before his fans. Perhaps Yonsama felt the pain of this, because during the press conference, he said,

“To all the family members who have cheered me on, supported me, I am deeply regretful that I am unable to meet with you. I hope to show you my best efforts in my next project, so please wait until then.”

Thus he spoke to the fans through the media.

When asked if Yonsama will periodically visit “Gosireh”, President Sohn of IMX said this,

“He will probably want to visit but we will ask him to keep his visits to just once a year and we plan to keep everyone well informed of the news.”

After the press conference, the “gosa” was held to pray for the restaurant’s safety and success, and Yonsama was also present at the ceremony. This is an age-old Korean ceremony where offerings are being placed in front of the bamboo mat, to which one bows twice, lowering one’s head to the floor.

At the reception afterwards, the famous Giants manager, Shigeo Nagashima (70), Takano Yuri, and Kuroyanagi Tetsuko were also seen present.

Among the invited guests there were their business or work-related personnel and 130 VIPs. The majority of guests were Japanese and Koreans.

We asked one guest how the reception was.

“The notice came on July 17 and the invitation came on July 21. Guests had to submit the license plate numbers of the vehicles they’re arriving in before the event, so this was a strictly guarded affair.”

The reception had ten courses made up of small dishes. “It was different from what the media had reported before. Generally speaking, Korean food is spicy and rich, but [in this case] each dish was refreshing and almost ‘back to basics’ as they focused more on the use of the selected ingredients to prepare the dishes. [bb: click here to find out more about royal cuisine in Korea.]

All the dinnerware was made of brass. Dishes used in the royal court were silver while brass was used by the yang ban (Korean nobility). They make a melodious sound when struck. They appeared to be expensive and on the bottom, they were inscribed with the name of a highly-regarded Korean artist. Gifts prepared for all guests were brass chopsticks and spoons.”

Yonsama did not give a speech at the reception, but he took off his necktie and is said to have visited each table to greet the guests.

“He greeted about 130 people in less than two hours, so I think it must have been quite tiring and hard on him.”

Revealed to Staff “I’m very lonely”

Accompanying Yonsama on his rounds as he greeted the guests were IMX President Sohn, BOF Manager Yang, and photographer Kim Tei Hwan.

“Yong Joon-san wore glasses and his hair was tied at the back of his head. This was the first time I was meeting Yong Joon-san. He was thinner than I imagined and I felt his cheeks were sunken in. He must have lost weight in preparation for the role.

Upon entering our particular private dining room, he immediately bowed and was politely greeting everyone ‘thank you for taking the time to come today.’ He was also quite happy to accommodate photo requests.” (invited guest)

To the Korean TV KBS’ Japan branch president who had said, “Please appear in one of our dramas next time,” Yonsama is said to have replied, ‘Yes, please do keep me in mind.’ ”

This comment was probably made because the next drama, GKFG is an MBC production.

Another guest told Yonsama, “I’ll be cheering you on for your new drama,”

to which Yonsama replied, “Thank you. Although the difficult days of drama filming will begin soon, I will give it my all.”

And he was smiling.

The previous guest also revealed, “Yong Joon-san appeared to be very tired. To avoid being mobbed by fans, he had to notify the police of his every movement during this trip. He could not leave the hotel except for work-related activities, and it seemed all his meals were taken indoors using room service. I heard that he shared with his staff that ‘he was feeling lonely.’

But his eyes were shining so brightly. I again realized, after seeing his eyes, that it takes considerable energy and courage to make it as an entrepreneur.”

The reception ended at 8 p.m. Yonsama again did not meet any fans. He returned to the hotel.

He arrived on July 20, filmed two TV commercials, had the “Gosireh” reception and returned home on July 25.

The necklace he wore at Narita upon departure is an American brand, Luis Morais, and said to be from the rock star series. The price is different from the ones with diamonds starting from 350,000-500,000 yen.

The jeans he wore are True Religion. Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, David Beckham, Nakata Hidetoshi and other celebrities are fans of this L.A. brand. Though a casual look, Yonsama still managed to look trendy and fashionable.

Upon his return, location filming is scheduled to start for GKFG.

Currently, rumors are strong that the filming start will be mid-August and along with this, the Jejudo location tours will also begin.

The details are scheduled to be announced on August 1 on Yonsama’s home page, Kintetsu Nihon Tourist and Japan Travel Bureau home pages. [bb: There’s been some changes, details of the tour packages will be out only on 4 Aug 2006, Friday. Click here for tomato’s update.]

The highlight of the packages is the tour of the sets and the re-creation of the royal palace from the Goguryeo period.

Perhaps you’ll meet Yonsama while he’s filming?

“We can’t guarantee that. Since the filming schedule has not been confirmed yet…” (tour spokesperson)

“Gosireh” will have its grand opening on August 10 but it is strictly a reservation only system. They are currently taking reservations (03-5791-3331) but it appears lines are often busy. Please see this magazine’s lunch party contest! (refer to previous column)

Using the Yonsama August calendar,

Spend your summer with Yonsama

5amo5.jpg

Yonsama August Schedule Calendar

First few days of August

Jejudo GKFG official location tour details announced on official home page

GKFG test filming in Seoul and King Gwanggaetto photos to be released to media

Beginning August

Yokohama Landmark, 3rd Floor, special exhibit

Brokore Land Plaza

Yonsama’s handprints on display

August 10

“Gosireh” grand opening

Shirogane, Tokyo

August 13

Yonsama special TV program broadcast evening

mid-August

filming starts on Jejudo

end August to early September

official GKFG location tours to Jejudo begin

August 26

Josei Jishin “Gosireh” lunch party for 20 winners

August 29

Yonsama’s 34th birthday

September 9

Release of April Snow director’s cut

Guest s3rene

These are cute but does not really depict the image of BYJ's character in WS to the fullest. Only available in Japan huh? :huh: No sweat, when I go to Japan for my study abroad program, I will be sure to look for it. Thanks for sharing. :D

Thanks for sharing the stories here about him during one of his flights. I love reading such stories like this since I get to learn more about him. I envy that girl who had a chance to see him up close & personal. If I were her, I would also do the same thing as what she did.