[Drama 2015] The Lover 더 러버

Admin

I like all couples but i enjoy room 709 (bromance) and room 610 (noona-dongsaeng)! I wish they lessen the parts of room 609 (hygiene couple? Idk what to call them), they had a lot of screentime in episode 3 (are they making this one, the main couple), while bromance only had 3 mins of screentime. ㅠㅠ

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@valsava @tiacosas @bluebright thank you all so much for your help! I found the song I was looking for on a YouTube playlist (its called vivid by a k-indie band called glen creek). I won't be needing torrents or anything (thank you for the offer though!) but I will post a link to the playlist in case anyone is interested. I found a lot of the songs that they played on the show in it!

Guest kayefaye

I love that we're now getting sort-of serious story arcs for all couples (except Apt.509, which I don't really care much for). The narration by the actresses in Ep.3 was a nice change from the first two. It felt like it gave the show more "heart", but without losing the funny and the risqué.
And Oh Jung-Se is just great. 

Here's the 3rd episode's reviewcap :D

class="entry-title" Episode 3 Review: The Lover (2015)

bscap0077It’s not always fun and it’s not always bright while in a relationship. As time passes by all the seemingly small or insignificant things get magnified under the shade of other reasons that people are afraid to talk about because they don’t want to hurt one another’s feelings or ruin their mood. Sometimes avoiding a direct conversation and not staring face to face at the problem isn’t the solution, it may delay the forthcoming confrontation, but it eventually makes things worse and the blooming hurt within embraces a wider level once it emerges to the surface. The Lover’s 3rd episode possesses a more internal aura concerning the four couples’ lives as it looks further from their bed sheets and toilets without overlooking its renowned comical factor, focusing on the world of women in a narrative tone. Heartfelt and delirious, chances are high it will crack a piece of your heart without neglecting your jawline’s ruin from laughter!

Read more here: https://dramajjang.wordpress.com/2015/04/26/episode-3-review-the-lover-2015/

rameennoodles said: @valsava @tiacosas @bluebright thank you all so much for your help! I found the song I was looking for on a YouTube playlist (its called vivid by a k-indie band called glen creek). I won't be needing torrents or anything (thank you for the offer though!) but I will post a link to the playlist in case anyone is interested. I found a lot of the songs that they played on the show in it!

@uglypearl, I'm liking this drama so much and wishing it was Thursday now looking forward to my two favorite couples 709 and 610.. Wish I could watch live.. So if anyone out there got a live link please PM it to me thank you..   

Ok. Confession time.
I really hope Mnet doesn't turn the Takuya / JoonJae bromance into a "ahaha just kidding they're just GOOD FRIENDS" plotline. Don't cop out on us, show! The pause right before the kiss makes me feel a bit uneasy as towards what's going to happen next, like they won't actually kiss or something.
It would be nice seeing a Korean drama venture out and accept LGBTQ culture.tumblr_inline_nneadxjkyW1qfj0mz_540.png

bluebright said: Ok. Confession time.
I really hope Mnet doesn't turn the Takuya / JoonJae bromance into a "ahaha just kidding they're just GOOD FRIENDS" plotline. Don't cop out on us, show! The pause right before the kiss makes me feel a bit uneasy as towards what's going to happen next, like they won't actually kiss or something.
It would be nice seeing a Korean drama venture out and accept LGBTQ culture.

i don't know but i feel like the screenwriter is just teasing us with the bromance :-? but it's just 3 eps so far, there will be more room for development. i'm not sure where will the story goes.

Anyway, the eps 3 also gives a meaningful side. how do si felt when people asked him about marriage or how joonie had a thought about his relationship with mangu.

11044538_412780822218696_761515624020671

Title: The Lover 더 러버 
Genre: Historical, Melodrama, Romance, Suspense
Episodes: 12
Broadcast network: MNET
Broadcast period (Korea): 2015-APRIL -02 to 
Air time: Thursday 23:00
Official Sites :
Streaming site (Licensed) : VIKI 

ABOUT THE SHOW
The 12-episode drama will air once a week on Thursday nights, and it’s an omnibus series about four different couples living together in one apartment complex. Oh Jung-se (Plus Nine Boys) and Ryu Hyun-kyung (Tasty Life) play the main couple in their 30s, who’ve been living together for two years. Oh Jung-se’s character is a voice actor, and Ryu Hyun-kyung plays a reviewer who runs a blog. They’re an average 30-something couple and they simply chose to live together instead of getting married.

Choi Yeo-jin (Valid Love) and singer Jung Joon-young (1 Night 2 Days, Today’s Love) play a couple that’s twelve years apart in age. She’s a penny-pincher who basically supports her younger boyfriend, and he’s a musician who carries a guitar but doesn’t know how to play it. They’ve been living together for a year, and though they fight like cats and dogs, they’re always quick to make up.

Ha Eun-seol (Yoo-na’s Street) and model Park Jong-hwan play a 20-something couple that just moved in together. She’s the type of woman who doesn’t want her boyfriend to know that she isn’t the perfect embodiment of femininity, and works tirelessly to keep up the illusion. 

Lee Jae-joon (Dating Agency Cyrano, Night Flight) plays a loner who prefers to stay at home, but is forced to get a roommate for financial reasons. He doesn’t even want to exchange unnecessary small talk with the guy, and thus seeks out a foreigner who can’t speak Korean very well.

Idol Takuya plays the new roommate, a young man from Japan who’s on a trip around the world. Takyua thinks it a shame that Lee Jae-joon is wasting his youth as a homebody, and begins to draw him out into the world

(Credit Dramabeans)

It’s an omnibus series about four different couples living together in one apartment complex. Oh Do Si and Ryu Du Ri play the main couple in their 30s, who’ve been living together for two years. Oh Do Si is a voice actor, and Ryu Du Ri is a reviewer who runs a blog. They’re an average 30-something couple and they simply chose to live together instead of getting married. Choi Jin Nye and Jung Young Joon are couple that’s twelve years apart in age. She’s a penny-pincher who basically supports her younger boyfriend, and he’s a musician who carries a guitar but doesn’t know how to play it. They’ve been living together for a year, and though they fight like cats and dogs, they’re always quick to make up. Ha Seoul Eun and Park Hwan Jong are a 20-something couple that just moved in together. She’s the type of woman who doesn’t want her boyfriend to know that she isn’t the perfect embodiment of femininity, and works tirelessly to keep up the illusion. Lee Joon Jae is a loner who prefers to stay at home, but is forced to get a roommate for financial reasons. He doesn’t even want to exchange unnecessary small talk with the guy, and thus seeks out a foreigner who can’t speak Korean very well. Takuya is the new roommate, a young man from Japan who’s on a trip around the world. Takyua thinks it a shame that Lee Jae-joon is wasting his youth as a homebody, and begins to draw him out into the world. (Credit VIKI)

CAST OF CHARACTERS

Oh Jeong-se
Ryoo Hyeon-kyeong 
Jung Joon-young
Choi Yeo-jinHa Eun-seol
Terada Takuya

Don't post any requests for subs!
Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 
Don't quote images.
01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.
02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.
03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as SoompiTV Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.
04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 
05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.
PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Guest ororomunroe

Top Ten K-Drama Moments Of The Week – April Week 5

6. “The Lover”: Can’t throw it out

“The Lover” continues to push boundaries, but it’s still hilarious.

When Man Goo models a slinky, tight dress she can’t force herself to get rid of, Young Joon calls her a grandmother! He thinks she buys clothes that are too young for her age, and the dress doesn’t suit her, but really, he’s saying these things because he wants her to hurry up and loan him ten bucks. She refuses and starts cleaning right in front him while wearing the sexy dress. Bwehe. As he watches her, he picks up on the sexually suggestive movements of her dusting. Predictably, Young Joon can’t handle it and pounces on her only to be brought up short when he finds she’s wearing boxers under the dress. ROFL! We think she looks AMAZING, and he’s an idiot!

Cr: Soompi

When Man Goo models a slinky, tight dress she can’t force herself to get rid of, Young Joon calls her a grandmother! He thinks she buys clothes that are too young for her age, and the dress doesn’t suit her, but really, he’s saying these things because he wants her to hurry up and loan him ten bucks. She refuses and starts cleaning right in front him while wearing the sexy dress. Bwehe. As he watches her, he picks up on the sexually suggestive movements of her dusting. Predictably, Young Joon can’t handle it and pounces on her only to be brought up short when he finds she’s wearing boxers under the dress. ROFL! We think she looks AMAZING, and he’s an idiot!

@ororomunroe,  Hi,  This scene was hilarious. But yesterday's episode was also a hoot her messed up eye and his friends beating him up because they think he hits woman I like his friend they may be young but they mind his set right when it come to men hitting women..  He and she both had those crazy dreams about they partner are wit someone else MG called that other lady G?Ma it was so funny.. LOL  I have to say I didn't know that young men was so into they manhood like that JH always dictating something like it's his manhood LOL

OH and my young hot boys when will they stop teasing each other and get it over with but the passing out farts was a little to much for my taste but that's how boys are.. When the starve out boyfriend came to get his package and thought the vitamins was condoms I crack he said I like girls like they was going to attack him

Moving on to the other couple she brought her talkative nephew and she put her boyfriend on punishment that little boy tape everything he said to him you know he has to hear the adults talking so that's why he was asking all those question but I can see those two do have some chemistry but they have more of a sexual desire for one another then anything else..

Now finally the glutton girlfriend and the starve out boyfriend I don't know if I like his girlfriend or dislike her because of the things she do but when he went to give hi mom some medicine and all those condoms fell out I died laughing his parents was walking around like they was in a mine field not to step on them LOL 

@Uglyperl Thanks for the videos Viki is sun up to 72% last time I check

I have to say I'm so loving this drama Have a good weekend everyone          

@valsava - Loved your comments ~ was nodding my head " yes" as I read.

* Noona-couple cracks me up every time. They both approach the world from a rather childlike perscpective. I think they're a good match.

* Hot-boys fart joke scenes had me cringing ~ but, I've never been a fan of extended gas-related humor. One toot makes things awkward.... it's enough to get the point across.
But, as you said - that's how boys are. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The later scenes ...with them covered in sweat and panting ~ hahah! The PD is going for MAXIMUM fake-outs.

* The older couple continues to portray 'what it is' that long-term living together creates in a relationship. Absolute comfort in being yourself & taking each other for granted.
The two actors are Killing it - they have the ease of stage actors, much of the interaction seems like improv. A+++

* Alas, the 4th and least interesting couple, continue to be just that.
However, I now, not only (mildly) dislike the girl ... after the guy's parents visited, he's looking a bit MamaBoy.
I want her to spit curses at him for his "I am the man of the house attitude" and... I want him to tell her "what I really want is the servitude of my mother, but with lots of sex" 
Wish they'd move out and be replaced by an actually hot couple. ha! I sound harsh, but I find their screen time wasted --- we could have more of the other 3 apartments. :)

@valsava - Loved your comments ~ was nodding my head " yes" as I read.

* Noona-couple cracks me up every time. They both approach the world from a rather childlike perscpective. I think they're a good match.

* Hot-boys fart joke scenes had me cringing ~ but, I've never been a fan of extended gas-related humor. One toot makes things awkward.... it's enough to get the point across.
But, as you said - that's how boys are. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The later scenes ...with them covered in sweat and panting ~ hahah! The PD is going for MAXIMUM fake-outs.

* The older couple continues to portray 'what it is' that long-term living together creates in a relationship. Absolute comfort in being yourself & taking each other for granted.
The two actors are Killing it - they have the ease of stage actors, much of the interaction seems like improv. A+++

* Alas, the 4th and least interesting couple, continue to be just that.
However, I now, not only (mildly) dislike the girl ... after the guy's parents visited, he's looking a bit MamaBoy.
I want her to spit curses at him for his "I am the man of the house attitude" and... I want him to tell her "what I really want is the servitude of my mother, but with lots of sex" 
Wish they'd move out and be replaced by an actually hot couple. ha! I sound harsh, but I find their screen time wasted --- we could have more of the other 3 apartments. :)

​@4284-sally_b,  I also feel the same way when it comes to the last couple to me they don't fit right with the other three we get action from and foreplay from them but with the last one the girl seems a selfish to me and I thought he wanted his parents to stay so he would have meat that morning since she has put him on a all veggie diet or a liquid diet..  But I thought she was funny when she wanted to know why her man was all wet like them and she had thought of him becoming like them it seems that everybody has peg them out to be gay but like they say no one knows what goes on behind closed doors but one has to wonder why our two boys hasn't went at it.. I know they have to hear some bed action coming from one of those apartments..      

Archived