[Drama 2015] The Lover 더 러버

Admin

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://kpopunderdogs.tumblr.com/post/115347810161/so-uhh-clears-throat-i-found-a-new-drama-to
Gifs fromThe Lover XDCredits to the tumblr owner
Too bad it's only once in a week and 12 episodes DXSince i can understand Korean, I saw the raw version.Not exactly what I thought it would be, but still i liked the first episode.Of course, my favorite one is bromance couple XD  Dog x Cat CoupleMaybe, they might actually become a couple if viewers want it that bad.Though since it's only 12 episodes, i doubt it.Anyway, thankfully the drama seems to have gotten its attention from Knetizens. And in a pretty good way. I can't wait for the next episode~

Guest kayefaye

Just saw the pilot episode. It's refreshingly hilarious. But it seems more like a sitcom than a drama series. Aren't they going to have a central plot to thread all the stories together? Either way, I'm loving it.
I'm curious about the audience reception in Korea.

Yeah, it's a sitcom drama where it doesn't really have connected main story.
Pretty rare in Kdrama these days.The Lover is from Mnet and therefore it's a cable drama.Unfortunately, low rating is often the case for cable dramas.I might be wrong, but i think Mnet is not even drama focused.Mnet is surely more known for variety/reality shows.Maybe, that is why the drama is more like a sitcom.Anyway, despite what the rating might be, The Lover was in first rank in Korean search sites for quite a time.I was actually shocked at how much attention it got from Knetizens.Even though few disliked it, thankfully most seem to favor it.Perhaps it got so many attention because it was a daring move to talk about "sex" so in your face and living together without marrying.Those subjects are always kept quiet because many adults viewed it negatively in Korea.However, recently Korea has been opening up in those subjects like Witch Hunt (talk show).That was what young adults needed since Witch Hunt became a stable show and i dare say popular.The Lover can be even more in your face than Witch Hunt. I think it is "stronger" than Witch Hunt when it's talking about those subjects.But still two give different feelings since one is sitcom drama and another is a talk show.Anyway, hopefully next episode gets better rating and continuation of positive views.

Guest kayefaye

X Sports News - Naver: 'The Lover' Jung Joon Young, is this how he gets ruined? 
1. [+927, -29] The glow-in-the-dark condomㅋㅋㅋㅋㄱ It was seriously so funnyㅋㅋㅋㅋㄱ
2. [+674, -30] This show is freaking hilarious  ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+608, -31] Ahㅋㅋㅋ Jung Joon Young ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+155, -13] I thought it would be a sitcom. But Jung Joon Young's acting was actually really good!! It might've been embarrassing for him but he was seriously cute
5. [+142, -12] Jung Joon Young's acting was good
6. [+128, -12] Jung Joon Young surprised me.  He's so funny and cuteㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ  Cheering for him
7. [99, -6] I didn't look forward to this but it was so funnyㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I thought it was a SNL sitcomㅋㅋㅋㅋ I like how the songs match with the scenes and that they also put the song names and the artists. I hope to see more of the heartwarming contents rather than just the provocative stuff
8. [+61, -2] It would be awesome if they cast him in a romcom. His acting is quite good

I thought the comments would be negative because of the article's title, but they were surprisingly positive.
(cr: http://kkuljaem.blogspot.ca/2015/04/mnet-premiers-19-rated-drama-lover-w.html)

The title is kind of saying "Is he going to play that role that might interfere with his possible handsome singer image?" lol because he's character is definitely "unique"But JJY always had crazy image, so I was like "lol it really doesn't matter for him"

Finally, preview for next episode is up! XDTakuya cursing lol where did he learn all those curses from? (In drama)Joon-Jae doesn't even look that angry or upset. He actually even looks slightly impressed lolI wonder if Takuya just learned that curses from Joonjae as Takuya plays game with him XDAnyway, Joonjae now looks more comfortable with Takuya!Also, at the end, we see the shadows of Takuya crouched and Joonjae standing and sounds of heavy breaths umm yeahhhh XD

Guest kyung-jin

class="at_ttl"4 K-Dramas To Watch In April 2015

BY Adrienne Stanley | Apr 07, 2015 06:52 PM EDT

April kicked off with a solid and innovative lineup for K-Drama fans who are getting past the winter blues. BEAST’s Doojoon returns to television for the sequel to the successful culinary mystery series, “Let’s Eat 2.” Kim So Yeon also makes a fantastic drama comeback following the acclaimed 2014 romantic series “I Need Romance 3” with the jTBC drama “Falling for Innocence.” Fans of crime procedurals will enjoy the captivating storyline of “Missing Noir M” while “The Lover” provides a bawdy take on modern romance.

4. ”The Lover”

Korean rock star Jung Joon Young follows the success of his breakout acting role in the 2015 film “Love Forecast” with his first major K-Drama appearance in “The Lover.” “The Lover” takes on the racy and controversial subject of cohabiting couples. Jung Joon Young and Choi Yeo Jin portray a couple who are struggling with a 12 year age gap.
Choi Yeo Jin portrays Choi Jin Nyeo, a frugal woman who supports her younger boyfriend Jung Young Joon (Jung Joon Young), who is an employed musician.

Their storyline is complementary to the main couple, Oh Do Si (Oh Jung Se) and Ryu Doo Ri (Ryu Hyun Kyung) are an artistic couple in their thirties who have chosen to live together over pursuing marriage.

“The Lover” is a 12 episode series that will air on Mnet on Thursdays at 11 p.m. KST.

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/80869/20150407/4-k-dramas-to-watch-in-april-2015.htm

My reviewcap on the 2nd ep of The Lover :D

class="entry-title" Episode 2 Review: The Lover (2015) Leave a reply

bscap1930Woof woof! The second episode of the love-inducing elixir The Lover is here and here i am as well to present in the most possible civilized way the vibes of this drama! Spicy, salty, glowing in the dark or oozing wet from the ceiling, The Lover is here with a multifaceted appetite to devour your senses! Even if you lock your door, The Lover’s gonna get you! The only way to survive is to treasure every second of this sex & toilet humor roller coaster from apartment to apartment in front of your very eyes!

Rad more here: https://dramajjang.wordpress.com/2015/04/11/episode-2-review-the-lover-2015/

Archived