[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

@alleverything

Those two are  from the same agency.  I wouldn't look any deeper than that. :phew:  Though I could do without the couple pic.  So weird considering their character, but they are just actors.  But the rest, who knows.  I guess it's just trying to get some press/exposure.  Now this makes me question the Sunwoo shoots since I know this one means nothing lol.   Hyeri is probably too busy to do photoshoots right now.  We'll have to wait awhile for the main cast to get together for pictures. 

@einYoshiChan

There are a lot of similarities.  Though maybe they are trolling us.   I get scared it's too obvious sometimes.

ezgif-3175798369.gif

I'll feel better when DS starts feeling something for him.  

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the  PD-nim kept their promise not to make the husband game again, then it'll definitely JH - DS. And I reaaallly wish they keep their promise cause I'm so deep in love with JH right now.

I love this drama as a whole, it remind me of my childhood life, with the alley, neighborhood, friend. even though its different country and timeline but some are the things i can relate. Sadly for me, me and my childhood friends are not that close anymore, I even lost contact with one of them. So watching this drama bring the  nostalgic to me again, really fun to watch. I even enjoy the ajhumma's conversation, it just looks so natural.

Hi everyone

I'm not a crazy fan of this Reply series, but I do enjoy watching it. We're 4 eps in, and men let's just say waiting for sub is a torture. I basically just set myself up for frustration. t2412.gif This show is so heartwarming and relatable. We don't have that many twists and turns just yet, but I love the pace, how it works around, wraps things up and delivers the message in 90 minutes. It's slowly but surely exposing the personality of each character. I don't wanna ship anyone yet, cux the chemistry isn't that strong and clear. I'll just leave the husband hunting game for later, so far I adore and love the friendship of the 5. I gotta say JH's dad character is extremely confusing. He's that kind of person who annoys you immediately when he starts doing something but makes you worry or annoys you even more if he's not in his annoying self. He could careless about the setting and throw his awkward jokes everywhere, yet he has his moments of going through such moody time. I'm wondering what has made him become so insensitive most of the time yet so overly sensitive at times (hopefully there's a story behind it.)

I don't know if any of you has noticed, but in the last 2 seasons of this series, the modern day and the old day (mostly focused in the past) were being flipped back and forth a lot during every episode. For this new season, we barely see the modern time, where the older versions of these characters talk about what happened or give us some clues about the husband. So I guess, the writer doesn't want us to pay so much attention on finding out who the husband is but mainly focuses on the relationships between friends and family on a daily basis back in the day. 

There are a lot of similarities.  Though maybe they are trolling us.   I get scared it's too obvious sometimes.

I'll feel better when DS starts feeling something for him.  

Honestly, regardless of whether we're doing the husband game or not, the end-game was absolutely always obvious in any of the seasons, and there's not much reason to believe it'd be any different this time. Of course, with R1997's Yoonjae and Shiwon, they just fit, and even if cynical-apres-1994-heartbreak viewers paint the game as something similarly frustrating to 1994's triangle, it really wasn't. There was just no way it would've been anyone other than Yoonjae, from like the very first scene in 1997. As per the infamous ship-wars of 1994 -- I don't want to be rude and say it's anything close to delusion that led viewers to believe Chilbong had a chance at being the husband (especially since the writers/pds did do the incessant 'it's not over until it's over' thing) -- but it was a certain, certain improbability from the second episode on. From a purely storytelling perspective, no matter who you shipped (or, in my case, didn't really) in R1994, the main love-story revolved around Trash and Najung. Even the main OST only played for Trash and Najung. That's beginning again with R1988 -- the full complexity of Jung Hwan's feelings spurring for Deoksun, we're seeing all their little moments happen (which is the telling sign of a Reply husband). He's really, really not a probable second lead/Chilbong for this specific series, at this point. I think everyone on his "team" can generally not worry too much, because he's been the one consistent, sure thing since the start. So far it has always been the likeliest candidate, which Jung Hwan definitely is. I can see them changing the 'likeliest candidate' thing at some point in a future season, but not really for this one (that's supposed to revolve around the family aspect more than the romantic).

I mean, it's a pretty shoot. But is anyone else wondering why the sister is doing photoshoots with all the main guys, instead of Hyeri lmao?

From what I read and understand, these are from star1 magazine. Both were interviewed due to their rising popularity from drama Reply 1988.

Guest neonmoon

Hello! I’ve been watching the Answer Me series since it came out. And here we are with another season. Hooray for this! Honestly, I was hesitant that 1988 might be too far-fetched timeline for me to relate with. After all, I was not yet alive on that year. Haha. But the production team and cast proved me wrong as they simply have the knack to show us that youth nostalgia is pretty much a universal feeling. I just love the dynamics of the characters - their childhood friendship is awesome and the relationship among the families in within the neighborhood is just as equally endearing to watch. Deok-sun's my favorite among the female leads of this series, it's so easy to warm up to her. She actually has the same zest as Shi-won and Na-jeong minus the extreme fangirl tendencies. 

Also let’s just admit it won’t be an Answer Me drama without the mystery husband plot device. Oddly for me, I’ve found this part predictable for the previous installments – it wasn’t that hard to guess that the endgame for Shi-won would be Yoon-jae and then Trash for Na-jung. I just followed the development of their stories through the past years and trusted what my instinct told me instead of the little hints or clues thrown to us in the present time because I thought their vagueness were used to troll and cloud our judgment.And now with how things are unfolding in the last two episodes of the current installment, I don't think there's any difference that my gut feel says it’s gonna be Jung-hwan. The bicker factor between them is a giveaway for me and I observe parallelism on how their families are set up to live upstairs and in the basement. C’mon this guy’s meant for Deok-sun and she’ll be a perfect fit for him and his family. I’m sure Kim sajang will be the happiest to have her as an ally in his family. Looking on the other side, I just can’t root for Sun-woo yet as much as I want since I don’t see any developments between them except her one-sided infatuation for him. But if it turns out that it’s Taek who’ll be caught up in the husband game– then writers might give me more run for their money.

Speaking of Taek, I don't know why I'm always drawn to the sad ones. I'm looking forward to his own arc (but please don't let it be too tragic) and how he'll open up to the world.  

Jung Hwan dancing in real life at his friends wedding lol

What I find most shocking is I saw this video go viral in Korea half a month ago. And I had no idea who Ryu Joon Yeol was, and neither that he was in this vid! I just found out today and so did Knetz lol. I love how they're just as surprised as I am since I'm not alone xD Ryu Joon Yeol is keeping on surprising everyone. His appearance in the drama producer, him being 30 years in real life and now his dancing lol

This is the caps of his vid that went viral:

mj4dmx.jpg

Guest beastrbae

@Love1403, is he the one on the right to the singer in the middle? The resolution isn't sharp enough so I'm left here guessing xD If he is, he looks taller irl! And dang, he can dance too, what can he not do??!

Just two weeks ago, I was guilty of describing him as the ugliest of the 4 among the Glory Day casts when I was telling my friend who one of the leads are in Reply 1988. And my impression of him wasn't so good before I started watching ep1 as I read the recaps and many people commented that he was similar to Trash as they bicker a lot and I didn't like the sound of it lol (I was a hardcore Chilbong shipper heh) I learnt not to take things at face value and now I'm left slapping my face because I feel head over heels over his "ugly" charms by ep2 and fallen into a even deeper hole ever since (still digging deeper btw). This guy is bursting with charms and surprises, hard not to root for him. I will redeem myself of the guilt of calling him ugly by rooting for Junghwan till the end and anticipate more projects from Ryu Joon Yul. Am impatiently waiting for subs for both Glory Day and Socialphobia right now X_X

@Love1403, is he the one on the right to the singer in the middle? The resolution isn't sharp enough so I'm left here guessing xD If he is, he looks taller irl! And dang, he can dance too, what can he not do??!

Just two weeks ago, I was guilty of describing him as the ugliest of the 4 among the Glory Day casts when I was telling my friend who one of the leads are in Reply 1988. And my impression of him wasn't so good before I started watching ep1 as I read the recaps and many people commented that he was similar to Trash as they bicker a lot and I didn't like the sound lol (I was a Chilbong shipper heh) I learnt not to take things at face value and now I'm left slapping my face because I feel head over heels over is "ugly" charms by ep2 and fallen into a even deeper hole ever since (still digging deeper btw). This guy is bursting with charms and surprises, hard not to root for him. I will redeem myself of the guilt of calling him ugly by rooting for Junghwan till the end and anticipate more projects from Ryu Joon Yul. Am impatiently waiting for subs for both Glory Day and Socialphobia right now X_X

Yeah he's in the one on the right for the singer. I recognized him from his figure, tall height and hair lol. But yeah I didn't pay attention to him at all before R88 either. I just though he's another supporting role and just a friend to fill up the cast when I saw R88 poster. I was so sure he's probably not a husband contender and just supporting character/friend. 

Turns out I'm so wrong lol. I give a lot of credit to the reply PD for making his character this charming tbh. And yeah now we know where he got them moves from during the dance competition with Sunwoo and Dongryong xD

I actually find Ryu Joon Yul really attractive. I like his eyes and his mouth as well. But I guess that is a question of personal taste... I am looking forward to seeing more of him after R1988.

It is true that it was pretty obvious who the husbands were going to be in the two previous Replys, even though it got messy in R1994. But you never know... ;)

So I lurked Twitter and I saw this... It never crossed my mind before, not even once lol. But both husbands in R97 and R94 had their arms broken lol.

Looks like we're going to have to look forward to one of the male leads getting their arm broken haha! ahh I feel bad.. 

(Fingers crossed it's JH, probably from protecting DS ><)  

Archived