[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

Amazing on the color theory. I  figured the colors had to do with Olympic rings but didn't think the series poster showed the same pattern as well.  I also noticed the green/red/yellow pattern in DS's house in their living room...A red & green fly swatter hangs over a yellow phone book.  While there's a yellow/green combo in JH's dining room table.  The PD is just obsess throwing out clues.  

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have wondered for a while if the actors that play some of these characters were to do a role change would the viewer reaction be the same? Like say DongRyong's actor was Taek and Taek was DR. Because no one assumes DR would be husband even though they interact so much.:P

Would people still ship DS and Taek? Would they like DR and DS more? It is kinda funny because sometimes looks play a role. DR helps DS alot as well.

Good observation. That's the sad world we live in, as viewers we expect romantic leads to 'look the part',probably even without realising it. But I still think that Reply creators are at least trying to challenge this notion. For example, I don't think any of us expected Kim Sung-kyun to have a love-line in AM1994, but he did and his Samcheonpo was absolutely awesome. I don't think it's just looks alone that prevents us from considering Dong Ryong as some Deok Sun's love interest. They are simply way too comfortable with each other to let the sparks fly.

I have wondered for a while if the actors that play some of these characters were to do a role change would the viewer reaction be the same? Like say DongRyong's actor was Taek and Taek was DR. Because no one assumes DR would be husband even though they interact so much.:P

Would people still ship DS and Taek? Would they like DR and DS more? It is kinda funny because sometimes looks play a role. DR helps DS alot as well.

Indeed. Though I say looks and recognition.

If the actor who act as DongRyung is as well known as Park Bo Gum, I wonder will people ship DRxDS as hard as TxDS.

hahaha..good one. If the actors were to change characters we would have to identify with the ones we really like.

Hi I am new to this thread.  I love the Reply series.  I think story wise it would be great if SW likes Bora because DS "hates" her sister which makes it all more the heart tugging later on.  I think plot wise it would be more interesting.  Anyway, I thought the Reply writers/PDs say that they are not going to troll us about the husband and focus on family relationships instead so I am not expect the same anticipation about the husband for this drama.  So far it is hard not to like Jung Hwan.  But perhaps Taek will have more to offer later on.  

Everyone seems to be interested in the young adults pairing but anyone here thinking that it'd be great if Sun Woo's mom end up with Taek's dad?  They could be a source of comfort to each other.  

Yeah it's was mentioned before and I think it's highly likely they will go out together. Like the other two ahjummas also teased Sunwoo's mom to try marry Taek's dad, but she says he talks too little xD But I think they might also find their own romance and source of comfort within each other :P

And all the older actors are really good actors and actresses. It would be a waste to not give them their own story and script, and I'm sure the PD know to not waste the cast too. We're thankfully 20 episodes long, and I believe everyone will have their own story arc hopefully.

Guest nchoerunnisa

Everyone seems to be interested in the young adults pairing but anyone here thinking that it'd be great if Sun Woo's mom end up with Taek's dad?  They could be a source of comfort to each other.  

Yeah it's was mentioned before and I think it's highly likely they will go out together. Like the other two ahjummas also teased Sunwoo's mom to try marry Taek's dad, but she says he talks too little xD But I think they might also find their own romance and source of comfort within each other :P

And all the older actors are really good actors and actresses. It would be a waste to not give them their own story and script, and I'm sure the PD know to not waste the cast too. We're thankfully 20 episodes long, and I believe everyone will have their own story arc hopefully.

Count me in. I have been shipped SW' mom & Taek's Dad since 1st episode.

But I kind of feel bad for Taek & his Dad if this is actually happen though. Well, you know, SW and JJ are practically a saint for being able to eat her dish. LOL. Seeing Taek's Dad struggling making rice made me reconsidered this idea. After a long fight being a single parent, he deserves someone who can bring some improvement in food department. Hahaha. But still, they will look cute together.

Good observation. That's the sad world we live in, as viewers we expect romantic leads to 'look the part',probably even without realising it. But I still think that Reply creators are at least trying to challenge this notion. For example, I don't think any of us expected Kim Sung-kyun to have a love-line in AM1994, but he did and his Samcheonpo was absolutely awesome. I don't think it's just looks alone that prevents us from considering Dong Ryong as some Deok Sun's love interest. They are simply way too comfortable with each other to let the sparks fly.

At this point when DS and Taek has so little interaction I can't ship them despite my love for PBG as actor. But everyone sees different spark between pairings. I don't know why but I just love random duets and how harmonic they can sing together. For example in Witch Romance leads singing the same song but one old and other cover versions, in Producer the karaoke duet sealed the deal for me and they ended up together. As you can predict in the lastest episode I was totally immersed in DS and DR duet don't you think it was so sweet ^^ But since every clue points out JH and he is also charming I will just wait and see which one gonna steal DS's heart and then start shipping ^^

Ok, I am seriously pissed at Dramafever! It is taking them forver to do the subs!!!! What is the point of having an exclusive license if they are taking forever and not making it fun for us the viewers?!? They are not accomodating us at all, just making us wait, and wait, and wait...

:angry:

We should just boycott Dramafever lol. People are even paying for their subscriptions so we as customers has a right to complain when their services doesn't match the demand and quality.

And I'm also pissed they can't prioritize subbing R88 like they did Twenty Again. What's the point in claiming exclusive rights to it then?? To richard simmons of their customers?? I'm actually flabbergasted they decided to air R88 with subs Mon/Tues, when raw episodes are already out light years before:crazy:

Hi everyone :) I've been seeing your great posts from a long time ago and decided to take part :P

I hope the subs will be out soon, I probably have to wait until tomorrow evening because of the time difference and I don't have access to dramafever :/ Its insane how long they are taking it to sub it... 4 days of waiting for me :( I wish I knew Korean!

Anyway to put my 2cents in the discussion about DS-->SW-->Bora love triangle. I don't think that SW has a crush on DS at least for now, because:

1) According to the character description (Big thanks to who translated) it said that he liked a girl for 3yrs, meaning that DS was 15 years old which I think she was too young for SW to like her even though they were the same age, I think he probably started liking Bora who was about 18 years old (probably started to look/act like a woman, even though I think she acts like a dog with her family LOL) so based on the age the probability of him  liking someone older is higher. I think at that age DS was just 'one of the boys' or like a sister. 

2) Also in his description it said his crush is a secret he couldn't tell his mum/friends. But he didn't hesitate to agree that DS looks cuter lately, unlike JH who told them that they were crazy even though we know he likes her.  Now he could have been too drunk to care about what he said, or he could have said it because he was giving out his opinion about a friend or sister.

3) Also in these episodes how come we never seen any hints of his crush towards DS, even JH which started to like her pretty recently is very obvious, but the only small hints are more directed towards bora than DS. Like when he noticed her sisters jacket and dressing to impress for the private lesson with Bora. Also could SW leave home earlier then DS and JH so he could go with Bora ?  They didn't show Bora in the last scene and in the next episode they may have been together so maybe he left early because of her?

Do they even bother to read the comments at DramaFever? Seriously! Why would they get an exclusive license if they were going to take this long to sub? I'm really pissed right now, they're totally ruining the viewers' experience and the drama's reputation. 

Seriously Dramafever state Reply 1988 is release Monday, and Hello Venus Tuesday. And now Hello Venus ep1 eng is already out, but Reply 1988 is nowhere to be seen?? If they're gonna have this attitude against Reply 1988, then why tf are DF claiming exclusive right to it?? Should just leave it to Viki and at least we get subs not after a whole light year! Argh DF annoys me so much

Indeed. Though I say looks and recognition.

If the actor who act as DongRyung is as well known as Park Bo Gum, I wonder will people ship DRxDS as hard as TxDS.

Right on. Honestly maybe because I don't know any of the actors who are actually in this drama and have not watched any of there other dramas, it is just not easy for me to ship characters based on their previous drama experience or acting caliber etc. Like say for the Taek guy the drama I remember you, I know he was in it and was good. But it doesn't cloud me to start shipping him with DS when their conversation is always so sparse. Taek gets focused on at least 1 of the 2 episodes every week so they are showing his development very well.

On the other hand I know DR is not going to win the girl if he even likes DS in the first place. Sure he is totally comfortable with her but it doesn't take away that their interaction is also precious. He was willing to listen and help her in ep 3, danced and sung with her in ep 3 and 4. I think that's good friendship moments.

Archived