[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

For me, all of them are still potential candidates (SeonWoo, JeongHwan, Taek, DongRyong and JeongBong) .

The Reply production team is known for trolling and doing plot twists. It's still their decision who will be DeokSun's hubby.

I don't mind who will it be and as I said before, I will respect their decision about this.

Then shouldn't DongRyong be out of the running then? Future Deoksun did mention that her husband used to be quite smart back in ep2. I won't rule out JongBong though, he seems like a prodigy to me but second to Taek lol.

DeokSun mentioned before that she forgot many things. So, DongRyong is still a potential hubby.

Though he may not be good in academics, it's possible that he might be genius on other things.

His character might surprise us in future episodes. 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest beastrbae

Hmm that is a possibility there I guess. She may forget things but we're still able to watch what unfolded in the past. But like you said, he might excel greatly in other areas in the episodes to come. I wonder what careers these kids would take up since the drama will span for several years. And how dynamics will change when they head to college or start working.

I do think the whole matter around her forgetting things is important. She said several times tat she tends to forget things easily because she inhaled a lot of carbon monoxide. She inhaled the most in her family because she was never rescuded and had to escape on her own. I do thing this plays somewhat of a role in the husband game. I just don't know how yet...

I kept thinking of the whole "first love" discussions of the first Replys. It was often said that first loves always win in some way, expect for one or two characters. My first guess here was that forgetting who she gave the chocolate to was to show that it doesn't matter anyway. If she ends up with SW, it shows that what was meant to be happened. If she ends up with JH, it shows that it doesn't matter because it did not mean much in the end. Same if she ends up with the two others... Whether it be JH or SW or anyone else, she is with the person she loves now. No?

Guest csw909203

Been doing some thinking about the colour scheme in this drama and wanted to throw these thoughts out there...

I noticed that during the study session that Bora was wearing yellow. This could be total coincidence and me just overanalyzing the clothes the actors wear but what if the dolls could also represent a Bora-Sunwoo-Taek triangle? What if Taek is green and instead of interpreting the green doll as looking at the yellow one he's looking at Sunwoo who is the red doll?

However...I happened to look back at the picture of the dolls after I posted this and realized it might be a bit of a stretch since the red doll isn't even looking at the yellow doll haha 

omg I messed that up because of my short term memory but that is the whole point. I dont think Taek will be one of the husband candidate

For me, all of them are still potential candidates (SeonWoo, JeongHwan, Taek, DongRyong and JeongBong) .

The Reply production team is known for trolling and doing plot twists. It's still their decision who will be DeokSun's hubby.

I don't mind who will it be and as I said before, I will respect their decision about this.

I think only DongRyong isn't, though he fits really well with DS.  But he seems too much of a side character to be a serious contender.  Plus he's not known to be smart.  

And the guys are really affectionate with each other so I don't think linking arms really means all that much..  JH used SW's lap as a pillow, has put his arms over his shoulders... I'm not sure I take that scene with Taek to mean anything, but who knows. 

@carolinedl

Yes, her forgetting things means we shouldn't take what she said seriously about the chocolate.  She doesn't remember.  Her husband does remember not getting chocolates though, so we can take his word for it.  It also was never important.   But that doesn't mean it's not Sunwoo who she married since  Jin Joo could have eaten it before he got it for all we know.  Just because she gave them to him doesn't mean he ever got it.  I still think it's JH though. :w00t::w00t:

Taek really is left handed! He even use the spoon and eat with his left hand. Deoksun future husband might be left handed too by how he hold his coffee and drink from the left hand, as we see in 2015. 

This doesn't prove Taek is the husband, but it pretty much confirm PD wants to have him involved in our husband competition since they left the left handed clue hint there, to make Taek a contender too.

It's a possible that he's right handed. He's probably taking care his player's hand (right hand), preventing it not to get injury from doing other things

Actually if Taek has used his left hand all his life to eat/drink, and everything else outside of baduk. It's highly possible he's taking this habit of his into adulthood aka 2015 husband. And Taek really is a husband contender as it's showed this ep that he's freaking smart and genius too, might be even more than Junghwan who are 1st and Sunwoo who are 2nd at school. And we don't know if Taek will return to school or not,m. But even Junghwan said Taek will catch up better than anyone and maybe even surpassing their grades with his genius brain lol.

But I find it too big coincident that they choose Kim Joo Hyuk as actor who letter initial match Kim Jung Hwan. Like similar to Deoksun's friend name wordplay. Ohh I think I also saw someone mention that Kim Joo Hyuk and Lee Mi Yeon was also Deoksun and Junghwan's age in 88.

Then Kim Joo Hyuk is also left handed, and the PD also makes Taek use his left hand. I don't think it's natural that baduk players all use left hand to try protect their right hand, as in it's not like baduk are piano lol. 

But Reply production team are always sharp on details, and planning. So yeah I'm curious to see how Taek will progress and maybe he will get back to school/college and we see more of him with the kids.

And maybe the husbands personality in 2015 isn't that big personality change from Taek at all. We have to remember that even though he appears quiet/emotionless and calm, that doesn't mean he's all like that beneath. We're shown he has sadness and also anger beneath his quiet and calm interior, he's also competitive as in he argued back when the gangs said Taek's competitor totally stepped on him, and Taek fought back in his defense lol. He can also curse as we see him learn to let himself more lose etc:p Maybe Taek will have his own arc about growing more in personality too.

But so far I think Junghwan and Taek will be the main contender in husband game. Bora and Sunwoo will probably have their own struggle, cause looks to me like she rejected him in the previews.

Guest perezosa83

In the future interview she said she never thought she`d marry her husband.She also said she went crazy so it had to be the guy more unexpected for her because he was always mocking her and bickering with her.It´s JH.

Taek really is left handed! He even use the spoon and eat with his left hand. Deoksun future husband might be left handed too by how he hold his coffee and drink from the left hand, as we see in 2015. 

This doesn't prove Taek is the husband, but it pretty much confirm PD wants to have him involved in our husband competition since they left the left handed clue hint there, to make Taek a contender too.

It's a possible that he's right handed. He's probably taking care his player's hand (right hand), preventing it not to get injury from doing other things

Actually if Taek has used his left hand all his life to eat/drink, and everything else outside of baduk. It's highly possible he's taking this habit of his into adulthood aka 2015 husband. And Taek really is a husband contender as it's showed this ep that he's freaking smart and genius too, might be even more than Junghwan who are 1st and Sunwoo who are 2nd at school. And we don't know if Taek will return to school or not,m. But even Junghwan said Taek will catch up better than anyone and maybe even surpassing their grades with his genius brain lol.

But I find it too big coincident that they choose Kim Joo Hyuk as actor who letter initial match Kim Jung Hwan. Like similar to Deoksun's friend name wordplay. Ohh I think I also saw someone mention that Kim Joo Hyuk and Lee Mi Yeon was also Deoksun and Junghwan's age in 88.

Then Kim Joo Hyuk is also left handed, and the PD also makes Taek use his left hand. I don't think it's natural that baduk players all use left hand to try protect their right hand, as in it's not like baduk are piano lol. 

But Reply production team are always sharp on details, and planning. So yeah I'm curious to see how Taek will progress and maybe he will get back to school/college and we see more of him with the kids.

And maybe the husbands personality in 2015 isn't that big personality change from Taek at all. We have to remember that even though he appears quiet/emotionless and calm, that doesn't mean he's all like that beneath. We're shown he has sadness and also anger beneath his quiet and calm interior, he's also competitive as in he argued back when the gangs said Taek's competitor totally stepped on him, and Taek fought back in his defense lol. He can also curse as we see him learn to let himself more lose etc:p Maybe Taek will have his own arc about growing more in personality too.

But so far I think Junghwan and Taek will be the main contender in husband game. Bora and Sunwoo will probably have their own struggle, cause looks to me like she rejected him in the previews.

Wait in which preview did Bora reject Sunwoo in?

Chiming on the Taek thing, i think it's a bit far-fetched to say that he can just change into what the husband is like because their mannerisms are too different lol. Personality is one thing but non-cognitive behaviour is another lol.

Someone did mention that the producers said they won't tease about the husband anymore? And for me it's like 99% Jonghwan now, unless of course they lied blatantly and pull out some major plot twist to change it up.

Wait in which preview did Bora reject Sunwoo in?

Chiming on the Taek thing, i think it's a bit far-fetched to say that he can just change into what the husband is like because their mannerisms are too different lol. Personality is one thing but non-cognitive behaviour is another lol.

Someone did mention that the producers said they won't tease about the husband anymore? And for me it's like 99% Jonghwan now, unless of course they lied blatantly and pull out some major plot twist to change it up.

It's in another longer preview which show Sunwoo meeting Bora on the street in the rain. Not the preview after ep4 though. But I can't find that longer preview on YouTube. But it shows Bora walk away from someone, and that person looks like Sunwoo from behind.

Honestly I think 27 years is enough to time for anyone to change. But we don't know much about Taek yet anyways to say something about his personality. He hasn't gotten enough screen time and we know very little about his background, what he's been through for his personality to be like it is. And Taek also doesn't have a normal life like most kids his age who can play around, go to school and field trip etc. But an adult-like kids is still a kids (quote ep2). So I think we will see him grow up some.

-
Anyways about the cassette and candy. The PD makes it so we believe it's from Deoksun, since she returned from study room with candy. But couldn't the cassette tape with candy be a gift from Bora, for thanking Sunwoo for lending her his Lee Sun Hee tape?

2b5yys.jpg

Lee Sun Hee tape:

dc6icz.png

The tape Sunwoo received is Byun Jin Sub:

219vu54.jpg

For now I'm pretty sure the loveline is:

Jung Hwan x Deok Seon

Sun Woo x Bo Ra

The previous Reply series always make 2 couples out of lead characters, I'm sure this time too. Big chance JH will be the husband so far.

Plus, I like this kind of loveline better than the messy triangle love in Reply 1994. I love everything of Reply 1994 but the romance.

Btw, out of Reply series I guess Deok Seon is the female lead I like the best so far. She's pretty charming on her own.

I do think the whole matter around her forgetting things is important. She said several times tat she tends to forget things easily because she inhaled a lot of carbon monoxide. She inhaled the most in her family because she was never rescuded and had to escape on her own. I do thing this plays somewhat of a role in the husband game. I just don't know how yet...

I kept thinking of the whole "first love" discussions of the first Replys. It was often said that first loves always win in some way, expect for one or two characters. My first guess here was that forgetting who she gave the chocolate to was to show that it doesn't matter anyway. If she ends up with SW, it shows that what was meant to be happened. If she ends up with JH, it shows that it doesn't matter because it did not mean much in the end. Same if she ends up with the two others... Whether it be JH or SW or anyone else, she is with the person she loves now. No?

Hi...my 1st time here...love R1997, not so crazy abt R1994...Dunno what to expect in R1988 but now enjoying myself walking back memory lane of the 80's...what with songs like careless whisper & footloose, carrot cut jeans, wavy bangs...keke

Anyway husband guessing,  my guts feeling based from previous Reply series, is gonna be Junghwan though I wish he'll be Seo Woo. But looking at the progress & the older version husband I think its Junghwan.

However theres still a chance that SW is the husband becos I dun believe older DS wud mix up her memory abt putting chocolate into her husband bag instead of SW's bag. If SW isnt her husband she wudnt have mentioned abt the chocolate. Especially not if SW is her brother in law. But the hubby insist he didnt get it, there's a high chance he really didn't get it. Remember DS shoved the chocolate into his bag right next to Jinjoo & we know Jinjoo often the culprit behind lost & found items :D  So Its nonoo surprise if she dig into her brother's bag & took it. Only the camcorder can proof it, it the tape still exist. 

My guess is along the way Seo Woo, Jinjoo & Taek will become siblings when their parents marry each other. Remember the other ahjumas try to matchmake them.

If Bora marries JH's brother JB, then there's big chance DS marries SW. If Bora marries SW than JH is the hubby...btw how much older was Bora than the rest? 

If Bora marries JH's brother JB, then there's big chance DS marries SW. If Bora marries SW than JH is the hubby...btw how much older was Bora than the rest? 

Bora's born in 1968.

Deok-Sun in 1971

No-eul in 1972

Seon-Woo in 1971

Jin-Joo in 1983

Jeong-Hwan in 1971

Jeong-Bong in 1965

Dong-Ryong in 1971

Taek in 1971

Guest nchoerunnisa

Woaaah... I hope there will be no triangle love line because I'm so tired of it... 2 out of 3 triangle love line in dramaland made me had some serious 2nd lead syndrome. Even if there will be triangle love line, I just hope Taek won't be involved in it. He barely has any friend. So, him fighting with JH doesn't seem like such a good idea for me. I believe the writer still can make Taek's story become more interesting without shoving him in some triangle love line.

And I don't think Taek is the husband though. Adult DS said that her husband was so smart back then, but at the intro young DS said that Taek was a genius at playing baduk which was not impressed her since he was such an idiot when it comes to anything else. So, basically in DS eyes Taek was good for nothing but playing Baduk.

One of the reasons why I ship JH-DS hard is because of JH's parents. His kind hearted mother will be such a good mother in law for DS, and his ignored father will not so lonely anymore because DS will reciprocate his gag (it's so sweet how he always lit up everytime he saw DS).

But, basically I don't mind even if DS end up with DR, Taek, or SW. I just want her to be with someone who will love, adore, and cherish her. It's so painful to see how she'd never been prioritized by her parents and how her parents had never realized her sacrifices (never until she blew up out of sadness because Madagascar being boycotted from Olympic). Well, I've never been parent yet myself so I'm in no position to judge them, but still I feel bad for DS. Plus, all of those physical and mental abuse from BR. I know, maybe deep down inside, underneath her brutal manner toward her sister, BR loves DS. But can you tell DS to just enjoy and have fun with her Sister's special treatment? I don't think you can. Thank's to DS easy going personality she never let it get to her. 

Everything that she had always been lacking of for her entire life as a teenager, I hope she will get those from her future husband (and future Mother-Father in laws if that's possible ;))

Honestly, the chocolate isn't a big deal for me. When older Deok Sun (aka Lee Mi Yeon) says that back then she "inhaled too much carbon monoxide" she's implying that this could have affected her in such a way that she ended up marrying the person her husband is today (C'mon guys, it's like saying "I must have gone crazy" or "something was wrong with my head", it's just a funny saying, nothing else). And regarding the hubby indentity... I don't think the writer is trolling us again, I think it's most probably following the first series' path (AM1997). Why don't we watch it as if we hadn't seen its predecessors and follow the story accordingly as in any other kdrama? The mystery relies in who the husband is because the plot is about the past, the nostalgia during present time.. so they have to show both sides, but if they also reveal the OTP in present time... then it would make no sense for us to watch the development of the story in the past (imo because we ALREADY know who she ended up with, so there would be nothing to find out). Take as an example ANY drama you have already watched... Would you still watch it if you knew from the beginning who the lead girl would end up with (even if it's in the poster and you already know for a fact who's the guy)? Probably you would, but it would be hella boring. You have to keep watching until the end. So, in these series there's a reverse in the chronology and so THERE MUST BE a hidden fact, no way it could work otherwise. I'm only saying that this time I don't think they'll play the CB card again, not after the disaster that AM1994 turned into. 

As for Taek and SW I like both, but as someone mentioned before, I don't think that people here (with lots of exceptions of course) are shipping DS with them because of their characters or the story development... I think it has more to do with the actors... I mean, some people were shipping them way before the drama started and that's exactly why they're so surprised/upset by the roles they were given. 

So I'd like to ask the same question: What if Lee Dong Hwi (Dong Ryeong) would have taken the role of our cute, always sweet SW? Would you still ship him with DS? Perhaps you would, but I bet there would be some discrepancies. 

Anyway, so far I'm loving JH (the character) and I'm glad the writers took a risk by giving a new raising star (Ryu Joon Yeol) the chance of taking this role, despite fame and early critics (same happen with people giving thumbs down to Hyeri when she was first casted) whether he's the endgame or not. :)

There's a new behind the scenes video that came out today but it seems like it'snot available where I live ㅠㅠ  maybe some of you guys can watch it tho

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/614140

it's the same as this one! (I died a little inside when ryoo joon yeol held hyeri shoe in front of her as if she's cinderella)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Lmz1hnvGFqM

Archived