[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

Guest beastrbae

@alleverything, about the chocolate, there is a theory that Jinjoo who was lingering near the bags could have taken the chocolate from Sunwoo's bag after Deoksun put it there and then ate it. I don't think it's a significant clue either and the same goes for the smoking part. They were still kids back then so smoking could be some sort of taboo but they same can't be said 27 years later especially when they're all grown adults. Besides, many of the male population in Korea smoke for stress relief for whatever other reasons.

So basically I don't think any clues given as of now is telling except maybe how future Deoksun and hubby speak to each other. I'm gonna rely on the dolls and colours that you detectives have found.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello:w00t: im new here  and this is my first time talkin :D finally  i can share my feelings  with someone:tears: ..i have been watching u for a long time..

Im not a big fan of reply thing but i watched the 94 and 97 and i enjoyed it.:phew:. but 1988 is way better  than the previous its really touching  makes u sad and laugh  at the same time:tears: and of course because of the ajumma's and ajushie's  they r really funny  i like it when the ajummas talk about thier husbands  and make fun of them  :D 

For the guessing game 

I think and wish that the husband would be jung hwan i like his personality the bad guy :wub: i relly like it when the relationship between my ship is like fighting  and cursing each other more than a paisfull  relashinship that's  why im rooting for JH 

and im really  curious who's  DS first love is it really SW..!! before where her sistar reads her thing she was already in love :huh:so who the hell is he ??  i think the writer  playing with us and her first love isn't  SW but because  of her friends DS may thoughts that if SW likes her she would  rather love him  and forgot about her love:P.. maybe her first love is JH:w00t:

For taek or whatever his name was^^ his personality is really  nooo.. i don't  get it why u all guys like him that much just because he is cute.. i really hate it whene im watching drama where the good actor is not that handsome  while the bad actor is handsome  and all of them fanshiping the bad actor because of his look:vicx: ^don't  get me wrong  im not saying  that teak is a bad actor :sweatingbullets:  what im saying is donot overacting about him ^ i think that all of u hate me now :sweatingbullets:

Teak fans  i love u all :lol:

I think I need to write my thoughts here as everyone seem to forget one important aspect in answer me series. 

"the same-sex crush/love"

everyone try to say Taek will be a contender in the husband race but don't realize that Taek will be happy when Junghwan talked to him or help him taking food bcs he cant use his chopstick properly? In episode 2, when the 4 of them were drunk, dont you realize that Taek tangled his hand with Junghwan and looked so happy? 

hi dear, just want to reminds you that the one linking arms with taek is sunwoo and the one always helps him with food is dongryungie~~

I am really enjoy reading all your thoughts for the past few pages :) me myself is being crazy over this series... I watched R1997 but not R1994, which I am very glad not to watched but just by reading whole recap, in my standard R94 was too stretched... Anyway back too R88, I think we can't help but let viewers to guess about the husband, for me I'm really enjoying reading some clues that I might missed out. Hahahaha though sometimes the clues are just reaching out too far. But somehow I love that the series keeps me curious. 

Bout the nickname already updated in Reply 1988 wikipedia page. Not the meaning though just their nicknames.

I become park Bogum's fans since wonderful days but for this time I'm hoping junghwan to be the husband. I'm so much agree with someone who posted here that duksun needs a husband that love, protect and cherish her a lot, after all she has been through. And as for this 4episodes Kim Junghwan is the perfect husband candidate for our lovely Duksun.

I'm also curious why Hyeri do no photoshoot with anyone, it's just my thought, maybe the Production doesn't want to spoil the story, because if Hyeri do photoshoot with one of the cast the shipping or speculation will growing to one side. And might they want to keep the secrecy of that point. 

And about sunwoo bora,, this is what I found when sunwoo is coming to borrow correction-fluid.. He came and looking at bora washing her head before duksun come out from her room. Might his loveline has been settled hehehe.. 

Screenshot_2015-11-16-21-49-43_zpsnbmzss

EDIT : today is streaming day~~~ yuhuuuu~~ can't wait for this evening! and about the subbed episode, uuuhm I wonder if Viki are not allowed to sub because they don't have the license? it is indeed too bad because the more subbing team taking the project the more popularity gained internationally. Hehe but because I know how hard to sub myself, I need to say this drama is bit harder than any regular drama since Parent's dialog mostly using saturi(accent) which is really hard to sub if you're not native speaker~~^^ so let's be more patient~~~ :) :) :) 

PS : some minor mistakes occurred in the translation, quite unfortunate considering DF taking such a long time to sub, but anyway just some minor things. 

Does anybody know the title of the english song in the bus scene at the end of ep 4? I can't remember the title anymore >_< 

It is called I can't help falling in love with you.  Made popular by Elvis Presley and then revived by uB40 I think.

I keep seeing people on twitter say one of the reasons SW is/could be the husband is because DS left the chocolate in his bag. However, doesn't that just NOT make him the husband? Considering the actual husband in the present time said he never got chocolate from DS.

I don't know I kind of feel the chocolate "story" isn't that big of a deal in the husband mystery but still

You can decide who you believe, the husband or her.  She said she gave the husband chocolate, but he says he never got it.  In the story (the past) we see how forgetful she is, so that does point to her being the one wrong.  Though again, Sun Woo never getting the chocolate doesn't mean he's not the husband.  It could have been eaten before he got it.  Jin Joo eats everything for example, or it could have fallen out of his bag.  There are logical reasons Sun Woo might have never got it.  

The chocolate story isn't that important tbh.   Deok-Sun's memory can't be trusted, so what we can trust is what we see.  

Thank the stars it's friday! Yay! Seems that none of the airing dramas interests me except R88. Saw the photoshoots of RJY, just oozing with charm. Hahaha. Wish they can do group photos just like R94, how thrilling!

Guest nchoerunnisa

I don't see any problem with shipping as long as we respect each others opinion, right?

Just like some of you said, it's not like the persistent opinion of ours will make the writer change the story. EXACTLY (sorry, this is not me yelling, this is me trying to make a point LOL). So what are you so afraid of? None of these opinion of ours will destroy Reply 1988. Just to reassure you guys, here's an article about Director Shin Won Ho's expectation for Reply 1988:

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2015/11/201_190568.html

See? He doesn't care about rating or people expectation. So no matter what we say he'll just tell the story that he wants to. There's no need to worry guys.

I haven't seen any fight that some of you so afraid of either. Everything went peacefully so far in this thread, despite of different opinion.

I know there are some certain couple shipper who decided not to come to the main thread and instead making their own thread. It's kind of sad because it'll be more fun if everyone were here, but I don't think this is something wrong either. Maybe this is them trying to avoid any fight. And I kind of respect their choice. I mean, that's a lot better than we're bashing each other (but of course they'll be welcomed whenever they want to join this thread)

You can't go to some drama discussion forums expecting everyone saying "yeah, I'll just go with the flow" or "I 100% agree with the writer" or "there's nothing I want to change from the story". This is drama discussion forum where people sharing information and their thoughts. And people sharing different kind of thoughts are unavoidable. Especially when it comes to romance, people will ship. It always happens in almost every drama, especially when the drama is so popular and being loved dearly, people will ship hard.

If you couldn't stand people shipping, then I think It will be a lot better for you to avoid this sort of drama discussion forums, and just peacefully enjoy watching the drama on your own. Because, like I said before it's unavoidable. This is not me being sarcastic. This was what I actually did with Reply 1994. I personally couldn't stand the cat fight so I just backed off and downloaded and watched the drama peacefully on my own. And I'm gonna do it again if people start bashing each other here.

If you ship that couple, go ahead. If you ship this couple, that's okay. Don't want to ship any couple at all? No problem. Let's just keep being respectful towards each other.

Hi everyone!

I also think that SW and Bo Ra might have a loveline...! He went to find his nice denim shirt for the tutoring day...and I don't think he knew whether or not DS would be there...we'll have to see...^_^ (Also, did anyone else see that JH's hyung might like Bo Ra? Hehe.)

And I keep thinking of what Older DS (LMY) said during her interview. She said she must have lost her mind for a moment to marry her husband...I don't think she'd say that to Taek or SW...at this point. Maybe JH or DR then?! :P

But this may be sad...or exactly what will make this drama amazing...Is JH going to fall for DS and help her somehow with SW...while SW and Bo Ra find each other...then DS will have a moment of realization and turn to JH?! Is this wishful thinking?! :crazy:

One thing for sure...I hope Bo Ra unnie is okay in these coming episodes. The preview looked sad. :( 

Did the writer see our analysis with broken limbs...seems like more than one person will be hurt in this series...:huh:

Anyway. Hoping Bo Ra grows up with a little challenge, not too much difficulty. Can't wait to see these next two episodes! :)

@Nurul Choerunnisa a nice post of you!! don't let unavoidable shipping galore make anyone here enjoying the drama less than supposed to be...

I am so agree, as long as everyone respect each other opinion, it is pretty fun to following the discussion. I am definitely supporting Junghwan to be the husband but it is so fun to read other speculations. I found myself keeps nodding in some other shipping speculations and keep saying "aaah yes, there is that aspect too, I missed that part..." "kyaaa, he's left handed,...." "OMG i didn't noticed that, he might as well the husband...."

PS : I read in first page that we're not allowed to share unofficial streaming link, avoiding to those link to be blocked. Is it true? because I have some option to watch it later, maybe you can PM me for the links... ^___^

OMG its friday already, but I guess i'll have to wait till monday to see the cute Junghwan...:tears: Trying not to read spoiler along this weekend so that i can enjoying more while watching *repeat the mantra "I can do it" 1000x*

But the temptation though...:tears:

Been into kdrama from 2003/2004, sometimes I regret my past 10 years, why not spending a little time to learn korean. I didn't know back then that it will take a huge part of bringing happiness in my life.. esp when character like Junghwan appear in a drama.

I see some of us here knowing korean.. so maybe is it too much to ask if you guys form a team like the one in viki to sub this drama... hihi.. I'm sorry if this such a troublesome request.. I'm just so hopeless in love with Junghwan... :D 

Everyone has different opinions and preferences that's why I'm here to take peek of some refreshing point of views, aren't we all? If each post were to about same thing over and over than where is the fun? So I agree there's nothing wrong to share  who you are shipping  and reasons behind it, comparing it to former series which is also creates some inner nostalgia ^^ I know that some people is more attracted to characters and their story in drama than others so if things don't work the way they wished for or some  simply don't know how to be considerate , it becomes bitter. I dare say it shows  when  superficial critics thrown out to the character or actor itself and that is what  spoils the joy of discussion here. So we shall just ignore such things if one does not willing to accept different flow or opinions ^^ 

The reasons I'm liking this one drama more than Reply 1997 

1. Heroine is more mature and less demanding of course  her expectations from the family and friends are different which is suited her character's circumstances such as being second child and only girl of the group 
  2. More funny ahjumma and ahjussi plus versatile performance! I specially like Ra Mi Ran since Witch Romance <3
  3. OST's and BGM is a wonder I saved one of playlist links and I've been listening before I go to sleep ^^
  4. At least no family members involved in love lines...Bora? I kinda don't think she will  correspond SW's feelings If it's true he has crush on her

@Nguyen Diem Thanks for the link!

Is anybody recapping?

If not, I'll write some stuff down while watching. Just if my stream works, that is. No matter what stream I watch, it usually disconnects at the most important parts ㅠㅠ

Edit: It starts to buffer lol I don't think I can live-recap. Since the subs are slow this time around I'll post some translated parts after the episode is online and I watched it. (in ~3hours) (I'll really translate some this time lol)

Archived