[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

6 hours ago, IrisFM said:

KMY is a quick learner to learn his tactic to his amaze. She is a female version of Captain YSJ. They are just perfect for one another. There will never be a dull moment when they're together.

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images.

cr lavenderbyun.tumblr.com

I really love these scene..i never espect this scene will repeat again, KES so great to connect each episode. 

• Like 13

Impending fates of “Descendants of the Sun” couples

Updated : April 03 2016

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160403

The teaser trailer for episode 13 of KBS2 drama “Descendants of the Sun” was released Saturday--and different moods surrounded the drama’s two main couples. 

The characters played by Song Hye-kyo and Song Joong-ki--Kang Mo-yeon and Yoo Shi-jin, respectively -- seemed to be finally steering their relationship to a new level, as they were seen casually dating. Kang was later seen “inviting” Yoo into her room. 

Spoiler

However, Kim Ji-won and Jin Goo’s characters seemed to have faced yet another obstacle as more tears were shed. There were indications of the couple ending their relationship as Kim’s character, Yoon Myung-joo bid farewell to Seo Dae-young, Jin Goo’s character. 

As the teaser neared its end, Seo’s narration--confessing his love for Yoon--filled the clip as gunshots were fired. 

“Descendants of the Sun” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 p.m. on KBS2. 

By Jung Min-kyung (mkj1105@heraldcorp.com)

=========

• Like 20

After the tower kiss up in the SKY where we could barely see anything, should we "expect less so we get more" kinda thing (reverse psychology? :lol:)  

They have the 'couple outfits" here, so cute.  Remembered from the tower kiss scene, they hope to fulfill a normal "movie date" with a drink and YSJ also wanted a hot bath tub LOL (what's always on that mind of his! just like thinking about 1000 times before kissing her I guess). I think they may just fulfilled the "movie date" this time and the drink too, maybe a little too much on her part so the only thing left is the warm hot tub but she is drunk!  YSJ being such a gentleman so he is not gonna take advantage of her. What will he do so he can fulfilled his wish? I guess @gilaswan can help fill the gap if this anticipated scene is lacking in some way.

DotS7_zpsobjohuxd.gif

crto

• Like 24

@gilaswan Love your fanfic, keep them coming please :D It would be great if you could make more fanfic of SJ and MY :D 

3 hours ago, thepixies said:

CLOCK TOWER KISS 

Anyone know why the bell will ring at 6.40? Most bells are rung quarterly. Or just hourly. Lol

I wonder about this too...

Btw, about the ending, I never given a thought about it, I just enjoy the journey and never worried about how it will end. DotS is a beautiful story, I feel so lucky to be able to follow this drama while it is airing :D  I'm sure all four leads will be safe :) 

• Like 8

SO I found this video

http://www.miaopai.com/show/Nc7HX6pa8Q-Lt75jobkasA__.htm 

Can someone translate it or give a summary of what they are saying/what is going on?

[It seems to me that the questions given to him and the answers he is supposed to give were decided and gone over ahead of time. Also he met with some man (maybe its KBS's president?) in the video. One thing I found cute was that he saw his Sungkyunkwan scandal poster and he seemed so happy to see it!!] 

• Like 8

From Kuala Lumpur newspaper...

Wait, Song Joong-ki almost didn’t get cast in ‘Descendants of the Sun?’

KBS2 drama ‘Descendants of the Sun’ is a monster hit that has accumulated hundreds of millions of views on Chinese video streaming platform iQiyi. — Handout via TODAY

SEOUL, April 2 — Perhaps as a military career man, Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha was onto something when he said that he thought Descendants of the Sun heartthrob Song Joong-ki was too boyish to be an army captain.

AFP quoted Prayuth as saying a few weeks ago that the actor wasn’t convincing in his role as an army captain in the special forces, because “in real life, a captain must shoulder a lot of burden and would look older.”

In a March 31 interview with China’s Xinhua News Agency, the TV series’ producer Lee Eung-bok pretty much confirmed this was the reason why Song was not a frontrunner initially.

“When we were choosing the male leads, Song Joong-ki wasn’t one of our considerations,” adding that the actor was far from the image of the macho man that the show’s creators had in mind originally.

Lee said other top K-drama stars were courted, but all had turned down the part because they baulked at having to film the entire series on location in Greece — as opposed to what is the norm, which is each episode is filmed as a particular drama airs.

Several were also reluctant to take on the demands of the military-centric role.

Eventually, the role was offered to Song and the rest, as they say, is TV drama history.

Lee explained, “At the time, we were considering casting someone who is the opposite of the original image we had in mind, but Song Joong-ki was discharged from military service at the time.

“Not only is he really handsome, but he also really liked the script. I think Song Joong Ki’s bold persona and his quick action is capturing the hearts of all the viewers,” he added.

The drama’s enormous popularity across Asia has already allowed producers to recoup the 13 billion won, or roughly RM44.4 million, spent to produce the show.

It has reportedly been viewed over 440 million times on China’s popular video-streaming site, Qiyi.

China’s public security ministry even issued a tongue-in-cheek posting on Weibo, warning that thousands of women were suffering from “Song Joong-ki Sickness”.

The series has also been sold to 27 countries, including Japan for a rumoured US$100,000 per episode.

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/showbiz/article/wait-song-joong-ki-almost-didnt-get-cast-in-descendants-of-the-sun

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, MairaA said:

SO I found this video

http://www.miaopai.com/show/Nc7HX6pa8Q-Lt75jobkasA__.htm 

Can someone translate it or give a summary of what they are saying/what is going on?

[It seems to me that the questions given to him and the answers he is supposed to give were decided and gone over ahead of time. Also he met with some man (maybe its KBS's president?) in the video. One thing I found cute was that he saw his Sungkyunkwan scandal poster and he seemed so happy to see it!!] 

Hai. I think this one.. its already subs :) 

• Like 15

Song Joong-ki treats ‘Descendants of the Sun’ cast and crew to dinner

Updated : April 03 2016

Spoiler

KBS2’s drama “Descendants of the Sun,” has reached another record-breaking viewership and to celebrate the success, the cast and crew joined for a celebratory dinner on April 1. 

Spoiler

The main cast members were all present -- including actor Song Joong-ki, who paid for the entire meal himself -- at a Korean barbeque restaurant in Gangnam. 

Actor Ahn Bo-hyun, a supporting cast, posted a photo capturing the fever of the moment via Instagram. 

The 12th episode of the drama reached 33 percent viewership nationwide, and 36.6 percent in Seoul, setting a new high for the drama. 

The drama airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 p.m. on satellite network KBS2. 

By Jung Min-kyung (mkj1105@heraldcorp.com)

=============

Parody DOTS:lol:

eafeefd18c660f1aae0a53a6cba46ae0.jpg

http://www.dispatch.co.kr/495068

============

• Like 15

Oh my,those photos of SJK in  the dinnner party,is he trying to grow facial hair???

As it is i cant take my eyes off him due to his manly charm. Now he is trying to kill me by growing sexy beard and moustache:flushed:

I swear oppa is going to be the death of me:P

• Like 5

7 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Here @rainbowbrite. A continuation of the second last night in Urk and a possible reason for his bold request to her to draw a warm shower for the two of them when they return to Seoul. ;) NC-18

Hide contents

MoYeon’s eyes fluttered open. 2:38. The time flashed off a nearby clock. 2:38?! She would have bolted upright immediately if not for a firm arm around her shoulders holding her down. “Shh...” came a deep, low voice. “Go back to sleep.” MoYeon angled her face upwards ever so slightly to look at the source of the soothing tone which broke the still silence of the Urk night. So beautiful, so handsome, and all mine, she thought and blushed a deep red that was hidden by the darkness of the night though she was certain the moonlight streaming in through the windows would betray her all the same. Memories of what transpired just a few hours earlier flooded her mind as she tried to wriggle free of SiJin’s grasp.

“Where are you going?” his raspy, strained voice called out as he slowly broke out of deep slumber. It might have only been a few hours but he’d never fallen into such deep sleep before in all his nights at Urk. This was the first time in his life, and also in all his 15 years since leaving home to join the military service, that he’d ever shared his bed with anyone. Certainly he’s slept in the same quarters with many others before, but to share his bed with another? Never. And he never knew it could feel this comfortable.

“I should get back to my quarters,” MoYeon whispered. “To keep you honourable," she teased. SiJin held onto her even more tightly.

“Don’t go,” came his simple request. “You’ve been away from your bunk for so many hours as it is and Nurse Ha hasn’t alerted anyone yet, so it must be no one misses you.” SiJin rationalized. “Besides, the walls of this room aren’t exactly sound proof. I’m sure everyone knows by now you spent the night here.” At that revelation, MoYeon buried her head into SiJin’s warm, bare chest and murmured, “Oh gawd... How am I going to face everyone in the morning?” SiJin chuckled. So adorable. So, so very adorable.

Still, MoYeon attempted to get up all the same. “Let me at least get a glass of water.” SiJin slowly released his grasp of her as she attempted to fish for her clothes in the pile of mess that was their garments on the floor next to the bed. Not able to find her pink sweater and skirt, MoYeon conveniently pulled out SiJin’s cotton khaki shirt – the one he wore under his uniform – and slipped it over her head. SiJin watched as she walked round the room divider to the water jug and glasses near his study table. Damn, he thought. She looks good in my clothes. MoYeon returned with a glass of water and having drunk some, gave the remaining to SiJin.

“Drink up,” she instructed. “The night air is dry here.”

“Yes ma’am.” Who was he to not follow the doctor’s orders?

Setting the glass aside, MoYeon crawled back into bed with SiJin, snuggling as closely and as tightly as she could to him with her back to his front, his arms wrapped tightly and protectively around her. Since leaving home for medical school and eventually settling down in her own apartment in Seoul, she had pretty much lived an independent life. There was no need to live with another, let alone for another. This was the first time in her life that she had let someone in, and so deeply too. “I am someone you’d like to marry, am I not?” SiJin’s words from dinner the night before made her smile. Oh yes, he was someone she would want to marry. And oh my, what a disastrous dinner it was! She could not help but start to giggle. “What are you thinking about?” SiJin asked. “Oh, it’s nothing,” came her reply as she turned around to face him, propping herself up over his torso. Her smile shot a million arrows through his heart. Oh, he wanted her. No. He needed her. So badly too.

“Nothing?” he challenged her teasingly. “You would keep secrets from me?” Before MoYeon could answer, SiJin flipped her over and kissed her, softly at first, then harder as MoYeon responded with urgency and demand. His hands soon travelled up under her shirt, no, his shirt, as he quickly divested her of it, and they reacquainted themselves with each other repeatedly through the night.

Gosh....i love your fanfic. I think i become your fans right now. Please keep writing and i am wait for your next chapter for this lovely couple.....♡♡

[image removed]

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT post reaction images (gifs/memes) unrelated to the drama.

• Like 1

Just wondering how's KBS making money from this series if there are no commercial breaks during its run?

is it only by selling it overseas they make profit?

in Hong Kong or Australia commercial networks sell advertising slots to make money..how's KBS going to recoup costs and make profit if no ads are shown?

• Like 3

[HanCinema's Fan Event] Ask Jasper Cho!

photo708575.jpg

Hello HanCinema readers! We are very pleased to inform you that HanCinema will be interviewing Jasper Cho (aka Cho Tae-gwan or 조태관 in Hangul) who plays Dr. Daniel Spencer alongside Song Joong-ki, Song Hye-kyo, Jin Goo, and Kim Ji-won-I in "Descendants of the Sun". He is an up-and-coming star from R's Company with a hot musical background, a solid set of acting chops, and the perfect face to fit into the glamorous world of Hallyu. We have so many questions for him and we bet that you do, too!

Here's where you come in! Leave us a comment in the comment section below with your name or nickname, your location, and your question for Jasper Cho. Two lucky fans will have Jasper answer their questions.

You'll have until 6pm MST Saturday April 9, 2016 to get your questions in. The winners will be revealed in the interview. We can't wait to see the questions you come up with!

Written by: Raine from 'Raine's Dichotomy'

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-fan-event-ask-jasper-cho--93052.html

AWESOME!I CAN'T WAIT!

• Like 12

Don't you just love the Bromance of YSJ and SDY. "I DO - it's so refreshing"

Captain YSJ missing his buddy and I thought he misses KMY like a man. Are you trying to confuse me whom to ship?

Descendants Of The Sun Korean Drama,, Song Joong Ki and Jin Goo, Yoo Shi Jin and Seo Dae Young, DotS Bromance

Ain't you winking to the wrong person here too Captain.. LOL

Descendants Of The Sun Korean Drama,, Song Joong Ki and Jin Goo, Yoo Shi Jin and Seo Dae Young, DotS Bromance

crto

• Like 21

1 hour ago, mulder9999 said:

Just wondering how's KBS making money from this series if there are no commercial breaks during its run?

is it only by selling it overseas they make profit?

in Hong Kong or Australia commercial networks sell advertising slots to make money..how's KBS going to recoup costs and make profit if no ads are shown?

There is no show anywhere in the world that don't have ads or commercials.  Are you watching it on live broadcast (streaming) or through different channels on YT?  Dramas or any show on tv make money through advertisements.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CatWhiskers said:

Oh my. I didn't realise that. So much clues. It's like Easter eggs carefully planted all over the drama. I guess I need to rewatch again (haven't yet because line is so slow here). 

Anyone spotted any other Easter eggs? I know currently we have these (unaccounted for) :-

1. The bathtub of KMY (sure smtg about it in ep13)

2. The white stone

3. Argus's line to KMY; "One day he will never come back." (Referring to YSJ)

4. Daniel telling KMY to give me a call if she ever feels like volunteering 

Don't forget the shipwreck scene when YSJ tells KMY "you'll become like this (refer to rusty abandon ship) if you're bewitched by something beautiful." Something would happen to YSJ, i'm sure of it, there's just too many signs. But would YSJ's dead would be the end of of DOTS, or YSJ get hurt would be an obstacle before YSJ & KMY finally reach happy ending, i don't know. 

At this point i don't mind what would the ending be, whether it's sad or happy one. I wish  it would be consistent with the story that has been unfold so far. Although surely it would break my heart if something happen to either KMY or YSJ.

• Like 12

KJW's interview on EW? Hope to get the full interview soon, want know what she said about Captain Yoo.. SJK must be very generous and a gentleman to all his female casts~how sweet no wonder many praised him......so she was sitting next to captain yoo during the dinner party:wub::wub::wub:  Dare to share more clear pic of you two since you all have ate together so many times

HDkaDQw.jpg

Crto weibo

• Like 12