[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

3 hours ago, SkyKid said:

I wonder if KMY know how YSJ and SDY used to look at the girl at the bar in Urk, how would she re-act? In another word, I just love to see both of them being jealous :phew:

From the way Valentine leaned in closely, smile flirtily at SJ and talked to him, I guess MY could guess how men (including SJ) look at her :lol: She let that go, though, seeing how SJ tried to avoid looking at Valentine at her presence.

And, let's be fair :phew: because MY drools at shirtless soldiers too :D. Just that she flatly and playfully admits that to SJ's face.

• Like 7

I'm currently watching Nice Guy and totally blown away with SJK acting skill. He's so dark and deadly yet we can still see Kang Ma Roo true self at times; the boy who loves too hard and just keep on giving him all for Han Jae Hee. After watching Nice Guy I realized how much more mature SJK in Descendants of The Sun that we can see from how he carries himself in character. I'm planning to rewatch DoTS all over again to get the full YSJ - KMY effect without having to wait a week in between episodes lol

• Like 9

7 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Finally, I found time to finish my third fic.  It's funny how you set out to write one story and end up writing something else entirely.  :P

As always, hope you all enjoy!

How Long Will I Love You

Summary: As part of his preparations for his next mission, Yoo Shi Jin sits down to write his first letter to Kang Mo Yeon.

Disclaimer: The portions in italics are subbed translations from DotS and not my own; they are used herein for limited purposes under fair use.

Reveal hidden contents

Alpha Team, it’s a combined operation.  After putting on winter military gear, come to the 463 airport by 21:00 today.  It will be a three-month long mission.

Just like always, as soon as Captain Yoo Shi Jin and his men received the call, they began their preparations immediately. 

Now his bags were packed.

He’d made a phone call to his father.

And he’d stopped by the hospital to say good-bye.

All that remained, as he and his men reconvened in their barracks for one last time, was the final step in their preparations.  God willing, they would all return to this place in three months.  But, if not . . . .

Yoo Shi Jin glanced around the room.  The others were huddled over their pieces of paper with busy pens in hand.  Next to him, he imagined his best friend and second in command, Seo Dae Young, was writing his letter to Yoon Myung Joo, just like he always did.

This time, he also had a letter to write for a woman in his life.  It was unfamiliar territory and he didn’t know quite what to say.  Or how to say what he wanted and needed to say.

In the past, he’d only had his father to write to.  That letter was written already and laid next to him in a white envelope.  But this second letter was proving more difficult to write.  He’d never had to write a letter like this before.  How could he express everything that was in his heart in the space of one sheet?

He thought about their meeting earlier and how he’d had to tell her he was leaving to go to the department store again.  He was proud of how calmly and bravely she’d accepted his news that he was leaving for a long-term mission.  He was also touched by the way she’d tried to send him off with a smile on her face.  But even still.  Despite her best efforts.  She’d cried.

He hated that he’d made her cry.

He hated that he’d made her cry again.

He still remembered how he’d made her cry when he was brought to the hospital in an ambulance and she’d thought him dead.  He remembered the promise he’d made to her then; that he wouldn’t show up covered in blood again.

Even now, her pleas from the afternoon played on repeat in his head: to not get hurt and to not be late. 

He remembered his promises as well.

I won’t get hurt.

I won’t die.

I’ll be sure to return. 

But when one was fighting a war, he knew that despite the sincerity of his promises.  Despite the fact that he’d meant every single one of his words.  Despite the fact that he fully intended to be back once the seasons changed.  Nothing was a guarantee.

As he’d once told her, a soldier’s uniform was his shroud.

He knew she knew it too.

Which was why he needed to write this one last letter, and tell her what was in his heart.  Reaching for his blank piece of paper, Yoo Shi Jin began to write.

Before we go on a mission, we write a will. 

Ultimately, I hope that this letter will never be given to you.  But, if by rare chance you are reading this will right now, then I have not been able to keep my promise.

The promise for you to not be worried.

The promise not to be hurt.

The promise not to die.

The promise that I would come back for sure . . . .

I haven’t kept any of those promises.  I’m sorry.

The recognition that he might actually fail in his mission, never return to her alive, or see her face again, it sat like a giant weight in his heart. 

Sometimes, for her sake, he wished they’d never met.  Dating a man like him came with inherent risks and he regretted both bringing those worries into her life and being a source of those worries.  He thought about all the times he’d already had to apologize for making her worry.  He also thought about all the times they’d thanked each other for saving the other’s life.  The last time they’d had such a conversation, Kang Mo Yeon had wondered why they always had to be thankful to each other for such a thing.

Other couples were thankful for giving each other rides home, for celebrating their anniversaries, and other similar, mundane type of activities.  But theirs was a love story built around earthquakes, land mines, hostage situations, and cars hanging off of cliffs.  Would there ever be a time when they wouldn’t have to face life and death situations?

Yoo Shi Jin thought about what her life might be like without him.  She’d get up in the morning, go to work, treat her patients, spend time with her friends, and at the end of the day, go home to someone who’d have dinner waiting for her.  There would be no department store runs.  No concern that the next ambulance door she opened might contain the man she loved inside.

There would only be love, laughter, and beauty, because that was the type of woman she was.  Which was why, for his own sake, he couldn’t let her go.  It might have been selfish, and there were days when he hated himself for it, but he loved her.  And he needed her. 

He hoped that no matter what happened, she would always know how happy and grateful he was to have met her.  And to have been a part of her life.

Yet, at the same time, he hoped and prayed that if things went wrong, she wouldn’t hurt for too long.  He hated the thought of her being in pain, and if he could, he would willingly bear all of her suffering for her.  It was, he thought, the least he could do for her considering all she’d done for him.

He wanted her to know:

In the place where you are, it is always bright. 

I met you.  And I loved you.  And for being apart from you, I’m really sorry for that. 

I know it’s shameless.  But I would like for you not to cry for too long.  More than anyone else, you have to live well and brightly.  And . . . don’t remember me for too long.  I’m asking this favor of you.

As Yoo Shi Jin finished his letter and tucked it into its envelope, he hoped that whatever happened, Kang Mo Yeon would know how much he’d loved her.  And that he would be with her.  Always.

Author-nim @themarchioness I think I sent it this to your AsianFanFic account but I think you're more active in here (soompi)

soooo I love your stories it makes me wanna hold on dots even more... can I make request(?) if its possible only... but I would say it anyway... here it is!

can you make a story (fanfic) about:

1. How Captain Yoo heard about the Hospital Chairman (the one he said on the car when they went for wifi)

2. How did Captain Yoo ended up had a copy of Doctor Kangs confession

3. What happened after the tent scene? They just sleep hand and hand (?) I wish you could do some Rated R ones lol

4. After Captain Yoo got back from being caged how did he ended up going to Albania first before he even read his messages? (Or he read it first but the carrier haven't updated it? But it was not possible because it would appear on the inbox right?)

5. And finally when they were in the dungeons can you make (fic) of it how or what are they thoughts about there, like they weren't worried of themselves but the Doctor's of their life that they think they were already died and the recovery of hospital scene when they were being treated after the NK soldier rescued them (they have gone for a year right? B it Sergeant Seo said they only been caged for 150 days... That's more like 3 months?)

Thank author-nim I can't wait for your next chapter xx

• Like 9

8 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Finally, I found time to finish my third fic.  It's funny how you set out to write one story and end up writing something else entirely.  :P

As always, hope you all enjoy!

How Long Will I Love You

Summary: As part of his preparations for his next mission, Yoo Shi Jin sits down to write his first letter to Kang Mo Yeon.

Disclaimer: The portions in italics are subbed translations from DotS and not my own; they are used herein for limited purposes under fair use.

Reveal hidden contents

Alpha Team, it’s a combined operation.  After putting on winter military gear, come to the 463 airport by 21:00 today.  It will be a three-month long mission.

Just like always, as soon as Captain Yoo Shi Jin and his men received the call, they began their preparations immediately. 

Now his bags were packed.

He’d made a phone call to his father.

And he’d stopped by the hospital to say good-bye.

All that remained, as he and his men reconvened in their barracks for one last time, was the final step in their preparations.  God willing, they would all return to this place in three months.  But, if not . . . .

Yoo Shi Jin glanced around the room.  The others were huddled over their pieces of paper with busy pens in hand.  Next to him, he imagined his best friend and second in command, Seo Dae Young, was writing his letter to Yoon Myung Joo, just like he always did.

This time, he also had a letter to write for a woman in his life.  It was unfamiliar territory and he didn’t know quite what to say.  Or how to say what he wanted and needed to say.

In the past, he’d only had his father to write to.  That letter was written already and laid next to him in a white envelope.  But this second letter was proving more difficult to write.  He’d never had to write a letter like this before.  How could he express everything that was in his heart in the space of one sheet?

He thought about their meeting earlier and how he’d had to tell her he was leaving to go to the department store again.  He was proud of how calmly and bravely she’d accepted his news that he was leaving for a long-term mission.  He was also touched by the way she’d tried to send him off with a smile on her face.  But even still.  Despite her best efforts.  She’d cried.

He hated that he’d made her cry.

He hated that he’d made her cry again.

He still remembered how he’d made her cry when he was brought to the hospital in an ambulance and she’d thought him dead.  He remembered the promise he’d made to her then; that he wouldn’t show up covered in blood again.

Even now, her pleas from the afternoon played on repeat in his head: to not get hurt and to not be late. 

He remembered his promises as well.

I won’t get hurt.

I won’t die.

I’ll be sure to return. 

But when one was fighting a war, he knew that despite the sincerity of his promises.  Despite the fact that he’d meant every single one of his words.  Despite the fact that he fully intended to be back once the seasons changed.  Nothing was a guarantee.

As he’d once told her, a soldier’s uniform was his shroud.

He knew she knew it too.

Which was why he needed to write this one last letter, and tell her what was in his heart.  Reaching for his blank piece of paper, Yoo Shi Jin began to write.

Before we go on a mission, we write a will. 

Ultimately, I hope that this letter will never be given to you.  But, if by rare chance you are reading this will right now, then I have not been able to keep my promise.

The promise for you to not be worried.

The promise not to be hurt.

The promise not to die.

The promise that I would come back for sure . . . .

I haven’t kept any of those promises.  I’m sorry.

The recognition that he might actually fail in his mission, never return to her alive, or see her face again, it sat like a giant weight in his heart. 

Sometimes, for her sake, he wished they’d never met.  Dating a man like him came with inherent risks and he regretted both bringing those worries into her life and being a source of those worries.  He thought about all the times he’d already had to apologize for making her worry.  He also thought about all the times they’d thanked each other for saving the other’s life.  The last time they’d had such a conversation, Kang Mo Yeon had wondered why they always had to be thankful to each other for such a thing.

Other couples were thankful for giving each other rides home, for celebrating their anniversaries, and other similar, mundane type of activities.  But theirs was a love story built around earthquakes, land mines, hostage situations, and cars hanging off of cliffs.  Would there ever be a time when they wouldn’t have to face life and death situations?

Yoo Shi Jin thought about what her life might be like without him.  She’d get up in the morning, go to work, treat her patients, spend time with her friends, and at the end of the day, go home to someone who’d have dinner waiting for her.  There would be no department store runs.  No concern that the next ambulance door she opened might contain the man she loved inside.

There would only be love, laughter, and beauty, because that was the type of woman she was.  Which was why, for his own sake, he couldn’t let her go.  It might have been selfish, and there were days when he hated himself for it, but he loved her.  And he needed her. 

He hoped that no matter what happened, she would always know how happy and grateful he was to have met her.  And to have been a part of her life.

Yet, at the same time, he hoped and prayed that if things went wrong, she wouldn’t hurt for too long.  He hated the thought of her being in pain, and if he could, he would willingly bear all of her suffering for her.  It was, he thought, the least he could do for her considering all she’d done for him.

He wanted her to know:

In the place where you are, it is always bright. 

I met you.  And I loved you.  And for being apart from you, I’m really sorry for that. 

I know it’s shameless.  But I would like for you not to cry for too long.  More than anyone else, you have to live well and brightly.  And . . . don’t remember me for too long.  I’m asking this favor of you.

As Yoo Shi Jin finished his letter and tucked it into its envelope, he hoped that whatever happened, Kang Mo Yeon would know how much he’d loved her.  And that he would be with her.  Always.

Hi there! I'm so glad that the number of DOTS fan fictions are slowly increasing :) I'm pretty sure that all of us are living on it right now. Hahaha! I just followed your stories on Asian Fan Fics. I'm writing DOTS fics as well over there. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, melissala said:

Speaking of his favorite song, how'd he even get this.  I guess being part of Alpha Team has it's advantages

Y1z16ii.gif

IKR I'm wondering the whole time... that's the one he was listening right(?) at the beginning that is why he laughs.

calling @themarchioness fan fic please about this.... pretty please!

and please add to your list... the one that they ended up sleeping while watching that movie...and how they awkward first thing in the morning (that is the first time lying down in the same bed right?)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, melissala said:

@vu_hoa1983 Yes, I agree as well with what you said.   One reason that people should not feel sorry for MY is that she chose SJ and loves him for the person he is.  If he were not the person he is (and with the job he has) she wouldn't respect and love him as much as he does.   She even said so herself when he asked if she'd be better with him if he had a different job.  Same with him to her.   SJ being true to his values and wanting to keep the peace does not mean that he doesn't value MY as much as he values his job at all.  Their jobs are an extension of who they are, and they both bring each other peace and courage.  I also agree that he has complete faith in her, that is more than just boyfriend and girlfriend.  He knows she might worry, but that she'll understand in the end.  His use of the word comrade is true in every sense. 

As for Red Velvet, we know who he's actually a fanboy of right? Who he'd actually have a poster on his wall of (and I wouldn't be surprised if he had one, the man has his ways to get stuff...).  We also know what his real favorite song is right? :P 

Bzv8ODy.png

I think (well I guess I believed in myself lol) he's telling the truth about he only cheered when the Colonel came... as you can see in the video he was swaying his hand to stop Sergeant Seo then when Colonel Fish-rock came he got the banner and started cheering.... as far as the stewardess too I think (also) that I was Sergeant Seo's fault again...

• Like 2

lol I think he was lying and got caught in the fanboying moment, but that doesn't mean his #1 bias isn't Dr. Kang.  All of us are swayed sometimes. :P Sergeant Seo sure does get him into trouble sometimes... 

And please don't quote images. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

@themarchioness I dont know what to say. That's the scene i cried the most. Now imagining it from YSJ's perspective, its just heartbreaking all over again. "Dont remember me for too long"~ that line just hits me in the gut everytime.

@kokodus, yes!  The first time I watched that scene where KMY read the letter YSJ wrote to her, the entire experience was pretty emotional, but when she got to that last line . . . That's when my heart shattered.  For me, that one line, his request that she not remember him for too long, says everything about how much he loves her and would do anything for her.  There's just something so self-sacrificing in its sentiment, don't you think?

Because that scene still gets to me every time I watch it, I decided to write a story from YSJ's perspective -- how he must have felt while writing those words, what he must've been thinking , etc.  I'm glad you liked it.

@JackieOnTheRocks, I did receive your message on Asianfanfics (and here).  I'm so glad you are enjoying my stories.  I can't make any promises about what I'll write about next . . . my imagination is quite fickle, even towards me!  So many times I've sat down to write about one thing and ended up writing about another.  ;) 

To answer some of your questions though, I think YSJ learned about the hospital chairman by overhearing the other members of the medical team talking about it.  Since they'd just overheard the phone conversation while waiting for the army to come up pick them up, I imagine they were still gossiping about it as they unpacked their things.  It would've been quite easy for YSJ to overhear them talking if he was just walking past.  As for Albania, SDY explained that when he and YSJ went to report themselves as alive, they learned that KMY was in Albania and YMJ was in Uruk, which is why YSJ didn't need to read her messages to know where she was.  As for why he waited until he was in Albania to read her messages, your guess is as good as mine. 

Similarly, I've no idea how he got a recording of her cliff-confession, so I don't think I'd be very good at writing a story about that.  But speaking of that scene, has anyone else besides me noticed that his phone has a crack in the right hand corner?  There's something about that that tickles me every time I see it.  In a drama world, especially where they have product placement up the wazoo, it'd make more sense for him to have not only a perfect gadget but the most up to date one.  The fact that it's actually cracked somehow makes it seem more authentic.  I mean, as a Special Forces team member, doesn't it make sense he would've dropped it at some point (or similar) and cracked the screen?  Heh.

For the tent scene, I've actually contemplated writing about that because I too am curious as to what they might have talked about on the first night of their reunion.  But I'm not sure what I'd say about it either.  You also  don't really want me to write an R-rated story; I wouldn't be very good at it, trust me!  In any event, we'll have to see about this idea.  And last night, as I was finishing my story about the letter, I did start to think about what must've been running through YSJ's head after he got shot/captured.  So maybe I'll write a story about that; we'll see.  :)

@annettegatuslao, I'll have to look for you on Asianfanfics!  Am I the only one who sucks at navigating that site?  I don't really get it, so I appreciate when people give me the heads up. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, JackieOnTheRocks said:

as far as the stewardess too I think (also) that I was Sergeant Seo's fault again...

I found it funny that the girls were so jealous about that when neither of the couples was officially together at the time [if I have the timeline right in my head]. Still loved seeing the boys get in trouble for it though. :lol: 

It's cute seeing these alpha male boys doing everything they can to get back in the good graces of their women. You know they both had to be really happy at the show of jealousy but still had to pretend to be contrite. 

I replayed the special recaps yesterday and soon I will replay the special epilogue...how I wish they included more of these bts...they are just too cute...our captain just loves playing around with his KMY off screen...lol at this scene...

This is a lovely image of YSJ affectionately holding and admiring the precious hand of his beloved KMY, the hand that saved many lives and one that has given him warmth and pride. Like he said later on he couldn't believe someone like her would be his...he thought of her very highly.

BUT looking at this, I can't help but think in what special way will he propose to her and how will their wedding day be carried out...like.special forces style or what....then will he be presence in the delivery room for their first child....13129754_1009961135759321_686064597_n.jp

cr dots.descendantsofthesun

David Lee McInnis Talks About His “Descendants Of The Sun” Character With Grazia

David Lee McInnis Talks About His “Descendants Of The Sun” Character With Grazia

Actor David Lee McInnis (hereafter David McInnis) is featured in this month’s edition of fashion magazine, Grazia.

David McInnis, who played Argus, the arch nemesis of Yoo Shi Jin (played by Song Joong Ki), in KBS2 drama “Descendants of the Sun,” was said to have an addicting and humorous presence, which created a lively and friendly environment on set.

One of the main reasons why the actor agreed to join the cast, was because he “liked Argus’ three-dimensional characteristics.” “Argus wants to earn a lot of money and goes out of his way to guarantee his own survival, both of which are natural instincts of man,” the actor says.

David McInnis reveals that his hobbies include photography, cooking, woodcraft, drawing – all of which require an artistic eye. He refers to his best dish as “no name,” as it consists of various left overs from the fridge and grilling everything together in a pan. David McInnis also states that his favorite actors are Tom Hardy and Al Pacino.

The star is currently working on a documentary about the endangered wild wolf in the United States. He plans to submit the completed project it to the Sun Dance Film Festival and distribute the film through Netflix.

Obviously a charming man of many talents, who is ready to see David McInnis in more Korean dramas?

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/05/04/david-lee-mcinnis-talks-about-his-descendants-of-the-sun-character-with-grazia/

• Like 11

I also love how they add the crack on YSJ's phone, a little detail that makes it feel so real. A soldier like him must have dropped his phone here and there, lol. I like it that they pay more attention to small details like this :D 

Ahhh, I miss DOTS...

S9RM3Qh.gif

Even the way her fingers move is so beautiful and I can feel her hesitation in signing the paper. I think ep 15 is my fave, true it's heart breaking but it's also beautiful at the same time, I just can't explain it. 

• Like 15

And here it is....my first ever fanfiction!! I have this scene in my head awhile. I always pondered Si Jin's death from his dad's perspective and also how his dad met Mo Yeon. I haven't really figured out how to put it up yet in those fanfiction sites. I am putting it up here. Enjoy!

PS. Sorry it's a bit long. I just can't stop writing.Lol.

TITLE: FIRST MEETING

Spoiler

The heavy drizzle didn't stop. But at least it wasn't pouring. It has been raining almost every other day. Strange. At this time of the season. Not that he cared anyway. He didn't care for much ever since that day he was called to office and handed the white envelope and the tags. 

Since then, life was just passing by and he went on each day numbly. For the past 3 months, he found himself here despite the fact that he kept telling himself to let go.

But seriously? What is there to look forward to? Yoo Young Geun swallowed the all familar lump in his throat, with misted eyes, he look up to the grey skies and wondered for probably the 100th time if the Gods are cruel and if this is some sort of punishment for whatever he has done in his past life. 

The memories kept coming back. Like being on rewind and replay. Being a soldier, he always thought that if anything, he would have left them both behind first. But no. In some twisted fate, his beloved wife ended up 6 feet under, long before him. A simple trip back to her hometown alone turned into a tragedy forever etched in his mind. He remembered that 3.48pm phone call that gripped his heart as clearly as if it was yesterday. 

He rushed over to the Emergency and was granted to hold her bloodied hands one last time as she whispered her final words and breathe her last. 

To say he was devastated was wrong because there probably isn't a word in the dictionary to properly put to it how he feels. That black abyss. But back then, he had his son. Their son.

For his sake, Yoo Young Geun pulled himself together and like father and son, they braved through her death. Together. 

Yoo Si Jin. Their son. God, how he wished he listened to his wife. He should have insisted that Si Jin took the path of a lawyer or a doctor or whatever it is that lessen his chances of being dead then being so stupidly proud when a passionate, 7 year old Si Jin declared, in the midst of a family dinner, that he is going to be like his appa he grows up. 

Oh, how his wife frets. And worries. And drums into him every single day he is at home or every single phone call he made to get that stupid idea out of his son's head. 

Stop encouraging our son! 

Then at 15, apparently and STILL , their son was very set on going the military path despite his poor omma's pleas to consider her heart. 

Your son is going to be death of me. Isn't it enough that I gave my husband to the country and now my son?! Do something! 

And at his graduation from West Point, he remembered his darling wife, looking so proud and trying her best not to teared up while he reign in the smugness in him and marvelled at how his wife caved in to their son's wishes at the end. 

Yoo Si Jin is so like him and yet like his omma. He had her smile, eyes and every good physical features. He is a determined kid, smart and is always good at what he does. Perhaps a little too smart, with words. He hears much from his son's days in the military. Albeit a little too much too. Thanks to a certain general who eyes him as a son-in-law. Si Jin is a perfect son and he couldn't have ask for more. So when a certain news reached him that he was being detained for disobeying commands, Yoo Young Geun sputtered and nearly choke on his morning coffee. 

His son? His son, Yoo Si Jin?! To say he was worried is a given. But he trust his son. And just like always, he waits. News travelled soon to his ears. So a woman was involved. Or so Sergeant Choi accidentally spilled, somewhat bitterly. 

Ah. Not the first time. He and his wife always pride themselves that their son is rather good looking with brains and a good heart. If one could overlook that his job requires him to put his life on the line, he is quite the husband material. Or so his wife believes. He cheekily assures his wife that their future daughter-in-law must really be something to deserve their son in which his wife retorted that THEIR future daughter-in-law must be insane for being with their son knowing the responsibilities Si Jin carries and how she will always never know if he is going to come back alive. And according to her, he would be damn lucky if he manages to put a ring to her finger. 

But you managed our marriage well.And I have no doubt whomever chooses to be with our son is quite a remarkable woman herself. Just like you. 

His words to her put a full stop to the matter. 

So, he waited patiently for his son to bring it up.Nope. Not a single word. Not even when they were fixing each other up for their photo-taking session for his retirement or during dinners or breakfasts or lunches. 

She must be quite a woman. Because suddenly Si Jin wants to go fishing. Alone. The boy hates fishing. And since when he uses his vacation doing "useless stuff"? "Useless stuff", according to Si Jin, being running laps or working out when he could go on blind dates and try to get a girlfriend, get hitched so his appa can hold grandchildren.

Really? Sometimes Yoo Young Geun wish his son would tone down his playfulness. 

It wasn't until one fine day, or morning, that he woke up to a drunk Si Jin on the couch. God, he is drinking now?! Somewhere in the midst of trying to wake him up and helping him to his room, his son slipped a few words. Among the mindless rumblings, a name slipped. Kang Mo Yeon. Repeatedly. 

Ah, so this is the woman who put his son out of sorts and in such a state.

When Si Jin called back a week later, Yoo Young Geun thought there was a lift in his spirits. His heart leaped and he couldn't contain the happiness and excitement he felt as a father when his own son wants him to meet someone very special. A certain, very pretty-according to his son, doctor. 

He never got to meet her. 

Yoo Young Geun realized how his son will never experience this next part of life. Getting married to his doctor, waking up next to the love of his life, doing things a married couple do, having kids, being a father and husband and growing old. Too young. Too soon. 

His eyes sting with tears and no matter how hard he tried to blink them back, they flowed. With the back of his hand, he rubbed them away almost instantly. So tired.

No. Enough. Enough.

He has been standing here for what? A good 20 minutes? Just lost in time. Not that it is a first. He is rather used to it now. The drizzle has mellowed down. A mere soft pitter-patter.

He gripped the umbrella tighter and with the bunch of daffodils on his other hand, he set out with determination. Down and down the trodden path to the cold slab that held no body. 

A lone figure stood there today. It seemed Si Jin has a visitor.

He continued on. A woman? Squinting his eyes, yes. A woman. He had never seen her before at the "funeral". As in, a woman not from the army. 

Well, he could at least thank her for visiting. Quickening his steps a little, he was about to greet her when realization dawns on him. And he stops just a few steps behind her. 

She held no umbrella. Her clothes were damp. Hair matted. God, how long did she stood under the heavy drizzle? 

"Excuse me, miss...."

And at that, she turned. Wide bright eyes, brimming with tears, lips parted and confusion on her face and probably slight irritation at whoever that snapped her out of her reverie? 

At that moment, he knew in his heart who this woman is. Even in his old age, and even though he is STILL in love with his dearly departed wife, he couldn't help the first question that crossed his mind when she first turned and fully look at him.

How could anyone look so beautiful when crying? 

He could understand now why his son is so smitten. He is sure she is a spirited and lively one. Determined and definitely courageous. His wife would put in insane. Those eyes held that, and the fact that she actually accepted their son. 

He smiled. Perhaps for the first time in months. How could he have met her under such circumstances? Ah, she is still waiting for him to continue. He ventured ahead. 

"Dr. Kang Mo Yeon?"

• Like 16

@IrisFM Wowwww That pic of him holding her hand and fondly looking at it, gives me all kinds of feels. He is the perfect combination of manliness+cuteness. Thank u so much for sharing that picture.

Just now, IrisFM said:

BUT looking at this, I can't help but think in what special way will he propose to her and how will their wedding day be carried out...like.special forces style or what....then will he be presence in the delivery room for their first child

This.... I call our resident fanfic writers @themarchioness @gilaswan to extend these scenarios with their awesome soulfull writing:)

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, kokodus said:
1 hour ago, IrisFM said:

BUT looking at this, I can't help but think in what special way will he propose to her and how will their wedding day be carried out...like.special forces style or what....then will he be presence in the delivery room for their first child....

This.... I call our resident fanfic writers @themarchioness @gilaswan to extend these scenarios with their awesome soulfull writing:)

I totally confess I've toyed with the idea of writing a story about pregnant KMY and expectant father YSJ.  I just love reading stories that involve babies!  *heart melts* 

It . . .  probably doesn't help that I'm currently watching "Obstetrics and Gynecology Doctors," where SJK plays the role of a second-year resident.  Every time he helps to deliver a baby I'm like, "But when are you going to help deliver your own baby, YSJ!!!"  LOL.

• Like 11