[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

As a longtime Running Man fan, I was so excited to wake up to the news that the GooWon couple would be guesting on the show.  Squee! 

Now if only we can get SJK to appear on the Korean version, and not just the Chinese one, too.  At least we know he'll get mentioned when Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won appear.  Poor Giraffe!  ;)

• Like 8

I was rewatching Episode 8 and there's the scene where KMY calls Manager Koh's wife to tell her about his final words and YSJ is watching her from behind.  This scene always breaks my heart because Manager Koh was such a warm and loving personality (great casting choice!), so when KMY tells his wife that he told her not to be alone for too long . . . *tears*

Anyway, when I've watched this scene all the times before, I've imagined that what was going through YSJ's head was sympathy, empathy, and appreciation for the difficult task KMY was undertaking.  I know he's worried about her, particularly after making her choose who to save.  But now, after watching Episode 15, where YSJ asks in his death letter that she not remember him for too long, I wonder if he wasn't also thinking and worrying about how one day, that might be a conversation she'd have about his own life.

That was one of the hardest parts of their relationship for me.  As beautiful and romantic as it was, YSJ was always apologetic.  It was unavoidable, given his profession, but it didn't make it any easier every time we saw him apologizing for loving her and making her worry so much.  Oh, these two . . . they make my heart wobble on every level.  ;)

• Like 17

We were all thumbs up to the writer and the entire cast - but no one has said anything about the director of DOTS.  While 'repeatedly ' watching DOTS Special #3, I realized how big the role is of the director in acting each scene.  The director is responsible for imagining how a scene should look and it is the respective actor's responsibility to act per the directoctr's imagination/instruction.    

• Like 18

@viyra yup i agree with you...looking at the bts.. i have a new appreciation to directors work.

The way i see it, the directors work is one of the important one because they are the one that have to visualized how the scenes will play out, and try to get the best shot. 

• Like 13

I cant get over yet. Watching this drama over and over again, the 2 special espiodes and the epilogue/bts. It is the best kdrama for me. I love everything about DOTS, from the lead actors, supporting actors, other casts, the writer, director, and the OST. I keep on playing the OST before i go to bed. Im having withdrawal syndrome, i couldnt watch other kdramas, geez i havent watch any tv shows this week. I only watch DOTS. Omo im going crazy haha

• Like 14

25 minutes ago, cutiesarjen said:

I cant get over yet. Watching this drama over and over again, the 2 special espiodes and the epilogue/bts. It is the best kdrama for me. I love everything about DOTS, from the lead actors, supporting actors, other casts, the writer, director, and the OST. I keep on playing the OST before i go to bed. Im having withdrawal syndrome, i couldnt watch other kdramas, geez i havent watch any tv shows this week. I only watch DOTS. Omo im going crazy haha

I feel your pain.  I listen to the OST before going to bed, commuting to work, at work, etc.  I also keep rewatching the episodes.  I was supposed to catch up with "Marriage Contract" this weekend, but nope.  So far the only things I've managed to watch that aren't DotS are: rewatches of the early episodes of Running Man, A Werewolf Boy, and Innocent Man . . . and I think you can probably sense a theme there and know why those were okay . . . I'm obsessed.  :P

• Like 9

I am halfway through rewatching Ep13 to Ep 16. I just cannot stop being amazed by the amazing writing of this drama. DOTS really killed it with their writing and how it troll us episode after epsiode (We STILL dunno what's with the footsie in the tent scene. ARGH.).

I will never forget the amazing references they wrote into the drama. And how so many metafore were in it. We were like hunting Easter eggs throughout and everytime we try to guess what happened, and when it ACTUALLY happen...it was a farcry from our guess (KMY's broadcast confession for instance). We were mulling over how she will confess and when...given the situations....and we never expect THAT. HAHAHA.

I will finally be doing @kokodus challenge soon of favourites.  Right after I finish up Ep 16. Lol. So many favourites.  Tough to decide. 

• Like 10

I think i need some serious help. Rewatching all the episodes is one thing but watching the bts ep for more than 10 times is something weird right????

I spent this whole weekened watching SJK's movies and dramas(finished werewolf boy, penny pinchers and upto 10 ep of innocent man). This is so not me. SJK sshi where have you been all this time and what have you done to me???

I think i must have been living under a rock to not have known him all this time. Anyways iam happy to know him thru this precious drama and i am patiently looking forward to his next projects.

My favorite pic from the drama

tumblr_o65esjTkPN1vso0bbo1_400.jpg

• Like 12

@kokodus Hahaha. I think a lot of non-Korean fans don't really know SJK. I am glad I did know him through Werewolf Boy which I though was a really nice movie. 

My bf beats me to it. He knew SJK was in Running Man and I didn't even know! (Bf loves Running Man ever since I introduced it to him, he follows it like forever). 

When I first read SJK got the role, I Google him up and I was like...Oh..the actor frm Werewolf Boy. Not bad. But.. but...he is too pretty! Acting opposite SHK?! Like a small boy! And....when the first trailer hits...I was like...okay...I am gonna eat my words.....Then 1st episode airs..and I went...Whoa..look what 2 years in army does!!!

• Like 12

@CatWhiskers Though iam a non Korean fan, its a shame that i didnt know him, after watching k dramas for nearly 2 years now.

I am going to redeem myself by watching all his movies, dramas and also variety shows even if he had only small roles. Yes thats my punishment for not knowing him till now( got to have a reason to watch his gorgeous face for the next few weeks):wub:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, winterbubbletea said:
Title: NDA
Author: WinterBubbleTea
Character: Park Byung Soo
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Introspective
Drama: Descendant of the Sun
Summary: Park Byung Soo does not like Kang Mo Yeon and yet he envy that bastard Captain Yoo. 
Untitled.jpg

@winterbubbletea   Kyaahhh ^^ :love: :love::love:   Dear Author-nim, thank you so much for writing this beautiful story..I really loved it so much :)..Please continue to show us beautiful, romantic and passionate moments between Big Boss and Beauty :) I really appreciate your efforts so much dear author-nim..:thumbsup: Kamsahamnida :lol: :lol: Saranghamnida :heart::heart::heart: 

• Like 8

My relationship with DOTS

-I really missed you. No matter what I did, I couldn’t stop thinking about you. I tried tiring myself out. I tried hard to forget. I drank and did everything I could. But I still missed you a lot. –Yoo Shi Jin

tumblr_o45o8eE8Sd1t0acxpo2_250.gif   tumblr_o45o8eE8Sd1t0acxpo4_250.gif

tumblr_o45o8eE8Sd1t0acxpo6_250.gif   tumblr_o45o8eE8Sd1t0acxpo8_250.gif

I have never related to anything more in my life hahaha

:joy::lol::tired::weary::bawling:

Cr: thedramacaps.tumblr.com

Spoiler

tumblr_o652nivYbs1r0oz1go1_250.gif  tumblr_o652nivYbs1r0oz1go3_250.gif

tumblr_o652nivYbs1r0oz1go5_250.gif  tumblr_o652nivYbs1r0oz1go2_250.gif

tumblr_o652nivYbs1r0oz1go4_250.gif  tumblr_o652nivYbs1r0oz1go6_250.gif

tumblr_o652nivYbs1r0oz1go7_250.gif  tumblr_o652nivYbs1r0oz1go8_250.gif

Cr: madisonyork.tumblr.com

Fish Fishy :joy:

tumblr_inline_o64ohfO3QZ1t0bpc0_500.giftumblr_inline_o64oi1mqSu1t0bpc0_500.giftumblr_inline_o64oiiernI1t0bpc0_500.giftumblr_inline_o64ojjsCqL1t0bpc0_500.giftumblr_inline_o64ok1xr001t0bpc0_500.giftumblr_inline_o64oksA68h1t0bpc0_500.gif

Cr: baekkiepouts.tumblr.com

• Like 21

1 hour ago, Yağmur Taşkın said:

@winterbubbletea   Kyaahhh ^^ :love: :love::love:   Dear Author-nim, thank you so much for writing this beautiful story..I really loved it so much :)..Please continue to show us beautiful, romantic and passionate moments between Big Boss and Beauty :) I really appreciate your efforts so much dear author-nim..:thumbsup: Kamsahamnida :lol: :lol: Saranghamnida :heart::heart::heart: 

Ah...thank you very much for the praise. I will try to continue onward though real life has been cutting into my writing hours. So I apologize in advance. I do hope you have a wonderful time rewatching DOTS.

Title:  Photo
Genre: Joyful Humor
Pairing: Yoo Shi Jin/Kang Mo Yeon
Character: Pyo Ji Soo

Summary: Pyo Ji Soo sometimes worries over her best friends behavior.
Gif Credit: JiroMinoo

tumblr_o4rbmoBS8H1vpd0gxo2_400.gif

• Like 11

35 minutes ago, winterbubbletea said:

Ah...thank you very much for the praise. I will try to continue onward though real life has been cutting into my writing hours. So I apologize in advance. I do hope you have a wonderful time rewatching DOTS.

Title:  Photo
Genre: Joyful Humor
Pairing: Yoo Shi Jin/Kang Mo Yeon
Character: Pyo Ji Soo

Summary: Pyo Ji Soo sometimes worries over her best friends behavior.
Gif Credit: JiroMinoo

lol this fic is great.  They are totally a weird couple I agree Ji Soo.  I loved how you explained why MY loves her x-rays of him so much. :P  I loved the other two fics as well!   Great job. 

• Like 8