[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

WOHOO Special Episodes start tomorrow!! Viki will be subbing as well :) 

If going by the YWCFTS specials, they're mostly going to be a recap of the entire series (minus BTS cast IVs and the highly anticipated epilogue). 

Hopefully the epilogue isn't a one scene troll by KBS2. 

Give us some last cute moment between the OTP so we can bid this drama farewell :tears:

• Like 14

tumblr_o40bohXhVl1qkc652o5_400.giftumblr_o40bohXhVl1qkc652o4_400.gif

tumblr_o4zvt4yHWF1tmjt2ko3_400.giftumblr_o4zvt4yHWF1tmjt2ko6_400.gif

tumblr_o4zvt4yHWF1tmjt2ko7_400.giftumblr_o4zvt4yHWF1tmjt2ko9_400.gif

tumblr_o4knoj3WYB1qkc652o2_540.gif

tumblr_o4knoj3WYB1qkc652o4_540.gif

http://www.candymag.com/all-access/10-times-song-joong-ki-made-us-feel-kiligon-descendantsofthesun-a317-20160413-lfrm

============

Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo’s intimate scene in “Descendants of the Sun” took more than 100 takes

Posted on April 19, 2016

Spoiler

Image:  XIA Junsu "How Can I Love You" OST for "Descendants of the Sun"

In case you cannot get enough of the Descendants of the Sun fever, more behind-the-scenes tales from the set are being revealed… and it involves Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo’s kissing scene! 

According to Kim Si Hyun, director of photography for the drama, the kissing scenes between Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo took at least 100 takes. The director explained that in order to capture the scene, a number of angles have to be filmed, further revealing that in a number of times it was the two actors themselves who required a different take in order to capture it perfectly.

Meanwhile, Descendants of the Sun ended its run last week with highest recorded ratings for a drama at 38.8%.

Spoiler

Image: "Descendants of the Sun" / Dispatch

Image: “Descendants of the Sun” / Dispatch

"Descendants of the Sun" / Dispatch

“Descendants of the Sun” / Dispatch

Source: Dispatch

========

84OoLfV.jpg

http://www.topstarnews.net/detail.php?number=191273

========

Why Didn’t Ji Sung’s Cameo in “Descendants of the Sun” Happen?

Why Didn’t Ji Sung’s Cameo in “Descendants of the Sun” Happen?

Among the many cameos that happened in KBS’s hit drama “Descendants of the Sun,” actor Ji Sung wasn’t one of them, even though he was originally considered for one.

On April 18, the “Descendants of the Sun” director of photography Kim Si Hyung told KBS Entertain’s “GotTV” that Ji Sung was originally supposed to play the role of the South Korean president.

Kim Si Hyung revealed, “Most of the cameos were actors who were close to the cast or the crew. [Ji Sung] worked with me during ‘Secret,’ and he also knows the [‘Descendants of the Sun’] PD, so we pushed for him to have a cameo.”

So why did Ji Sung end up not getting one after all? “He is too attractive, so we started thinking that that was too far in the realm of fantasy, and the plans fell through. We ended up using a musical actor instead,” Kim Si Hyung said.

It’s too bad Ji Sung didn’t get the chance to appear in “Descendants of the Sun”!

soompi

• Like 19

Too bad Ji Sung didn't cameo in DOTS, but I love the actor who acted as the president, his scene is merely just two or three minutes, but I remember I cried so hard when he bowed down to Gen Yoon.

Yay, today is the day! Three nights no days with DOTS specials and epilogue. 

I hope the specials will not only recap from 1st to last episodes, maybe put some of those deleted scenes, PD-nim? I will love to to death if you give us the close up of clock tower kiss, balcony kiss, sunset kiss, whatever the name is. Or else, I'll shoot you! 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

@melissala The candles thingy is so funny! Hahah... but if anything, army boys are rich. That's what I've noticed. They may not get the highest pay, but there is much truth in that army boys don't date much because they simply have no time with being in camp almost all the time. Where else can he spend all that money except on MoYeon? Kekekeke...

Hahahaha but I think at that time he used all his money already paying for the broken window in the hospital...plus he's salary was deducted when he was punished...kang mo yeon too...paying for Fatima schooling ...the wheelchair...plus the monthly donation in Daniel foundation...they're really couple full of debt kekeke

• Like 13

9 hours ago, plappi said:

“Descendants of the Sun” Co-Writer Explains Why There Was No Trademark Love Triangle

Descendants of the Sun” co-writer Kim Won Suk recently held an interview with news outlet Sports Chosun and answered burning questions about the hit drama.

In particular, many fans are curious as to why star scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook did not include her trademark love triangle in “Descendants of the Sun.”

Kim Won Suk discussed the absence of a love triangle and said, “While talking with writer Kim Eun Sook, we decided not to have a love triangle and to have two romantic lines instead. We decided on the principle of showing a true melodrama.

“When you have a love triangle it would be nice if both male leads could be cool, but eventually one of them has to lose. I think that part is a little difficult.

“This time we didn’t want to tell that kind of story. Our strategy was to show their separate love [stories] and stand on their own in a cool way.

“Writer Kim Eun Sook also prefers this side. I want to be careful because it’s not my own words but Kim Eun Sook said, ‘It’s so difficult every time I do a love triangle drama. Let’s have two lines this time.’”

What are your thoughts on this decision? Do you like love triangles in dramas?

Can you imagine “Descendants of the Sun” with a love triangle?

SOOMPI

thank God, there is this co-writer, I could watch the love triangle drama in case the main heroine shows no interest whatsoever for the second lead, but if the girl acts like giving hope for both lead and second, then I will watch the 1st ep and last ep just to know the ending, the process was too much to watch :crazy:

when DOTS first introduced their character, I read the summary that YSJ and KMY will love each other, but SDY will be interested in KMY while YMJ will be the one that linger on YSJ, I don't want this kind of story and plan not to watch it at first, but SJK in army uniform was so good to let it go, :wub: and everything turned out perfect, I have another drama to re-watch without feeling bored, and everytime there is something difficult in my life, I will watch the army boys with RV scene again to cheer me up, because that certainly will do :lol::D:P

SClNTB8

gif cr to owner

• Like 12