[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

@Song Joong Ki

Wahaha, thanks for the video. I can't wait to re-watch and re-watch and re-watch from the 1st ep until the last once the drama finish. 

9 hours ago, utkim said:

Are we still talking about the rumor ending? :blink:

I believe in this ending, happily ever after  ;)

dc

OMO, so beautiful it looks so real... How I wish we can have this kind of scene in the last episode :D 

This is random but I've been wondering will they show SDY's back story and how he became so close with SJ, I was so curious since it's said has a dark past, being in a gang and all.

• Like 9

^ Those USB chains are so cute!! Can't believe in 2 more days DOTS will be ending. I feel sad and happy to know this is the finale week. Regardless of how the ending will be, I'm very thankful to KES for creating such a enjoyable drama . Let's all sit tight and enjoy the final ride B) 

• Like 20

6 hours ago, utkim said:

When will  Dots troopers getting back from SS thread to the drama thread huh :lol:

Tomorrow Wednesday til Saturday or Sunday and then the specials,  everyone will be hanging in here.   We all have separation anxiety as early as last week. The Shipper's thread, as well as this Drama thread, are our way of coping and extending the love for DotS.  

• Like 15

Hello everyone! We are on the last week now, so I thought I'd join in on the fun. Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts and all other goodies. 

I have been enjoying the drama so far. There were some scenes in the drama that made me cringe (the Arab leader's doctor makes me laugh every time!), but overall I like how mature Dr. Kang and Captain Yoo are. They behave like grownups (for the most part) and that's why I think I can buy into their romance. I really love some of the more serious moments between Dr. Kang and Captain Yoo. For example, I really loved how Captain Yoo asked if he should apologize or confess and how Dr. Kang provided her reasons as to why he should apologize. Similarly, I also loved the scene when Captain Yoo asked if Dr. Kang wanted to break up with him, and how Dr. Kang explained her reasons for why she is not sure if she can handle him. These two scenes gave me goose bumps!

As for the army couple, I am not as big of a fan because I find them either too cute or too angsty. And I must say, I really dislike the car kiss!

As we are in the last week, it's hard not to speculate about the ending. I am hoping this will remain a drama that I can watch and rewatch for a long time. The only drama that I don't mind re-watching right now is Discovery of Love. As for my take on the spoilers, I will keep my comments under the spoiler.

Spoiler

One of the spoilers circulating around speculates that our Captain will die and our Dr. Kang will have his baby. This ending is just ridiculous to me, and I agree with many others who have said this is not "refreshing" at all. I will probably be okay with our Captain dying, because that is not outside of the realm of possibility given how risky his job is and there is always that risk with soldiers in general who are in active duty or deployed somewhere. However, I am not okay with Dr. Kang not being able to move on in her life, because frankly I think a baby will make things much harder for her. 

I like the idea of our Captain missing in action, and Dr. Kang trying to make the best of the situation and trying to move on. However, I'd like our Dr. to actually meet or embrace or walk towards each other, so there is no doubt in the mind of the viewers that a reunion, however difficult and overwrought with emotions, is happening. This reminds me of My Lovely Sam Soon. I think the ending of that drama is very well done. We know they are together for now.

Anyway, I am looking forward to your recaps and comments! Can Wednesday come any sooner!?!

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, joongkyo said:

I'm not ready!.

Not ready to say bye to Yoo Shi Jin aka Big Boss and KMY aka Yippeuni.

Not ready to say bye to SDY and YMJ.

Not ready to say bye to Dr. Song and Nurse Jae Ah.

Not ready to say bye to Snoopy, Harry Potter and Piccolo.

Not ready to say by to Chi Hoon and Maknae nurse. 

Not ready to say bye to DOTS.

:tears::tears:

Same. :tears: This is the first drama that I followed so closely and watch live streams of. I'm constantly refreshing both DOTS & SongSong thread. I wish I was this dedicated to my thesis :phew: 

I can't wait to see what's in store for us tomorrow but also can't bear to say goodbye. 

Say hello to watching the drama over and over again for the next few weeks and crying that its over. :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 14

Rumors of Song Joong-ki's death and grave, only the drama is the answer

photo712154.jpg

With two more episodes to go, speculations about the drama ending has been going around. Rumor has it that Song Joong-ki is going to die.

Rumors like this have been spreading on Internet communities.

A Chinese media says Yoo Si-jin dies while protecting the president and Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo) operates on him. Yoo Si-jin sees that and happily closes his eyes".

Pictures hinting a sad ending and of Song Hye-kyo have been going around online.

The "Descendants of the Sun" sources say, "The title of the ending is different and the pictures of Song Hye-kyo look like they've been made up. The truth will be revealed in the drama".

Claims of the drama being a sad ending is getting stronger than it being a happy ending. Netizens say, "Soldiers always wear a shroud. When a soldier dies at the frontier fighting for his country and gets wounded, the spot he dies in is his grave and his uniform becomes a shroud".

A dreamy scene was depicted of Song Hye-kyo and Song Joong-ki sitting together in Uruk and some say this might be the ending scene.

photo712153.jpg

Source : http://www.hancinema.net/rumors-of-song-joong-ki-s-death-and-grave-only-the-drama-is-the-answer-93370.html

• Like 7

GENERAL

President Park Geun Hye is full of compliments for Song Joong Ki

By jubilantj    6 hours ago    22,335    12,621    14

SHARES
  1. Facebook
  2. Twitter
  3. Google+

President Park Geun Hye attended the opening ceremony for the new K-Style Hub Traditional Korean Cuisine Cultural Center which took place on April 11 at the Korea Tourism Organization's Seoul Center, and Song Joong Ki received the honor of attending the ceremony right alongside the president! 

SEE ALSO: Netizens are in shock at the transformation of Song Joong Ki's younger sister

The actor is an official tour ambassador of Korea, a fitting role considering that he is so popular nowadays thanks to 'Descendants of the Sun.' When President Park Geun Hye met Song Joong Ki, she didn't spare him any compliments. She told him, "I'm very happy and glad to see that you finished your military service and became the biggest Hallyu star. Seeing you promoting even during your busy schedule has me thinking that you are a true patriot in real life and not just in dramas." 

We couldn't agree more! 

song-joong-ki-_1460408116_songjoongki2.j
  • Like 20

Am I the only one getting a little teary-eyed when thinking of all the instagram posts that the cast is going to start making today, when they start saying their goodbyes to the viewers.

Nooooooooo.......I don't want to let go!. Going to need a huge box of tissues and so much ice cream this Tuesday and Wednesday. 

• Like 18

Cfrn28WUsAArd1X.jpg

CfziiNFWEAAMzDQ.jpg

========

Millions set to watch finale of South Korean military drama series ‘Descendants of the Sun’ this week

UPDATED : Monday, 11 April, 2016

Spoiler

fbd5d61a-ffd3-11e5-a9b2-800cbf78bba6_128

Millions across Asia will sit down this week for the finale of a hit South Korean drama series that has triggered relationship health warnings in China, a thumbs-up review from Thailand’s junta chief and a trans-regional passion for its two young stars.

Descendants of the Sun tells the story of an army captain sent on a peacekeeping mission to a fictional war-torn country, Uruk, where he meets and falls in love with a surgeon working with a medical NGO.

The 16-episode show has garnered impressive domestic ratings for broadcaster KBS, but its real success has been overseas and the series has been hailed for reviving the so-called Hallyu (Korean Wave) of k-pop and k-drama that started spreading across Asia in the early 2000s.

It has proved particularly popular in China, where it has been simulcast on the video-streaming site iQiyi.com and has notched up more than two billion accumulated views, while becoming one of the top-ranked search and discussion topics on Weibo, China’s version of Twitter.

“Will I be able to find an acceptable husband if I keep watching K-dramas?” said one Weibo user, describing herself as “totally in love” with lead actor Song Joong-ki’s character.

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-asia/article/1935271/millions-set-watch-finale-south-korean-military-drama-series

============

China's Fascination With TV War Drama Is Poised to Draw Tourists to Korea

Descendants of the Sun is the latest Korean pop culture export.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-11/china-s-fascination-with-tv-war-drama-is-poised-to-draw-tourists-to-korea

Spoiler

0YjEiv7.jpg

Posted on April 11, 2016 by ockoala

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/04/11/drama-airing-schedule-changes-for-wed-april-13th-due-to-korean-election-coverage/#more-74183

• Like 22
  • LOL 2