[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

18 minutes ago, oetoria15 said:

does anyone have the subtitle of this video...hardsub or softsub....i'm so curious about the content of this video...if anyone know, please share it with me...:frown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4BMWuXe28s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFzJPIlRwy8

Cr:  KBSEntertain

It looks like from the program "Entertainment Weekly"  (Usually it will be shown to us (here) through KBS World a week later with the English sub.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, oetoria15 said:

does anyone have the subtitle of this video...hardsub or softsub....i'm so curious about the content of this video...if anyone know, please share it with me...:frown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4BMWuXe28s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFzJPIlRwy8

Cr:  KBSEntertain

It's a cut from entertainment relay.. If you're patient enough, you can watch the show with sub on kbs world like 3 weeks from now, the least. I don't know if Entertainment Relay's one of kbs world shows that got aired a week after in Korea. Glad if it'd be faster than 3 weeks, tho

@big_momma

I watched mine on dramafire. But I'll watch it again on kbs world. 

@cheena1120

I don't think CH has ptsd.. I think he's just so down, after series of events made him feel like he's not that good of a doctor he wanted to be.. Lacking of capability n stuff which cost his patient's life, and his inability to man up n save that survivor he found, especially with that man saying to his face that he didn't do what a real doctor supposed to do:tears: 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

That's where we are at a disadvantage.  Sometimes the meaning lost in translation ;) As in this drama, there are lots of words that have "double meaning" since the writer likes to "play" with the words.  

I heard that the chinese translations were pretty accurate and eloquent...*Shrugs*

3 minutes ago, loveandpeace09 said:

I don't know why, but in the preview of episode 9, there is a dialogue where YSJ tells KMY 'let's wreck some lipstick'

Hahaha I find this so hot :wub:

He always seem to have a load of smooth lines, though in real life I am not sure if females would take it well if he wasn't inside the show haha...it's absolutely wild...but then he might be feeling confident due to her unintentional spewing confession on that audio of her phone. But it makes me wonder--is her phone water proof?? How did it survive the fall and drowning of the car?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, IrisFM said:

Really love how SHK brought out KMY's emotions in this scene.

cr arentwejustoutlaws.tumblr.com

she's really beautiful even when she's crying...there's no wonder captain yoo is so smitten by her :blush::heart:

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, loveandpeace09 said:

I don't know why, but in the preview of episode 9, there is a dialogue where YSJ tells KMY 'let's wreck some lipstick'

I'm more shocked by the ramen line.  We know what that means right lol...  And how he is says it so sultry too. I thought DY and MJ were the ones who were supposed to be making babies, but seems like SJ wants to try too. 

• Like 21

9 minutes ago, winterbubbletea said:

I heard that the chinese translations were pretty accurate and eloquent...*Shrugs*

:) Understandable, since it is broadcast simultaneously in China, they should have prepared everything.  As for us here, it will be a week later on TV (KBS World) Will try to watch it today and see the difference compared to the online sites) 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, loveandpeace09 said:

haha! it should be to stick to their action theme blockbuster. even for the romance department there must be some thrilling element of action in it.

i wonder how they will move down south. heehee.

whereas SDY and MJ already talked and explored the south. tralalaala

@dhilamd thanks dear for the pics! been dying to know where that kiss pic  was from. is that a magazine?

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, melissala said:

I'm more shocked by the ramen line.  We know what that means right lol...  And how he is says it so sultry too. I thought DY and MJ were the ones who were supposed to be making babies, but seems like SJ wants to try too. 

Sorry...but which ramen line line are you talking about? I could not find it :tears:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, xoxobleach said:

haha! it should be to stick to their action theme blockbuster. even for the romance department there must be some thrilling element of action in it.

i wonder how they will move down south. heehee.

whereas SDY and MJ already talked and explored the south. tralalaala

@dhilamd thanks dear for the pics! been dying to know where that kiss pic  was from. is that a magazine?

I have a feeling it's going to be on that island kind of thing with that ship wreck on the sand? Remember he has that white stone which she gives him and supposedly you come back if you a take a stone with you? I so so so so have a feeling that if ever there is going to be a scene of them going south, it will be on the sand there...like the scene from 'It's Ok That's Love' ;);););););););) :blush:

Moreover, its private and not in the middle of the army camp...lLOL :P:lol:

• Like 2

Guest Tinkiebell

Hi everyone,

Here's another reminder. Please read: 

1. Please don't post unrelated reaction images, albeit hidden inside spoiler tags. You may think hidden images don't contribute much to the slow loading time of the page, but in fact, they still take up the forums resources when loading in spoilers. And we would rather use the forums resources for more relevant contents, such as those pertaining to the drama itself. Remember, constant violators may be given a warning, and you won't be happy with a warning, really, so please just don't do it. 

2. Please don't post thread milestone celebrations. This thread is one of the most active and popular threads in Soompi, and I totally understand, that being a part of it, you might feel some sense of pride and achievement when the thread reaches a certain number of pages. But there really is no point in having several posts of "Congrats on making xxx pages", because you see, we do trim the forums from time to time, this thread included, so the number of pages may shift around and the number that you see does not necessarily reflect the truth.

These rules and guidelines were created for one reason only, which is to keep the forum enjoyable for everyone that frequents it, active users and lurkers alike. And it's only possible if everyone would cooperate and abide to them. So, again, I'm really looking forward to everyone's kind cooperation, because this is a joint effort between the members of this community. 

Please read the general Soompi rules here, and the additional set of rules specifically for the K-Drama/Movies section here.

Thank you. 

8 hours ago, Yongzura said:

PPL?

There are a few items that every time I see it, my mind will be thinking of something related to this drama ;) This is something new.... usually it will never stick in my mind.

1. The shoes / snickers / boots 

2. The amateur radio (ham radio)

3. The phone

I think by the end of this drama, the list will be longer

Do you know MY white snickers brand? I really love it

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, enzek said:

while back tracking i found this:

"a daughter of a big shareholder of Shangtae hospital" what does it means? i'm confused:sweatingbullets:

It's worded weirdly, but I think it's saying the daughter of a big shareholder (the snooty Dr. Kim who she got into a hair pulling fight with) got the promotion over MY.   MY has no family connections.  I'm seriously curious about her family.  I do think there is a bigger story there, especially the no mention of her father.  

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, loveandpeace09 said:

I have a feeling it's going to be on that island kind of thing with that ship wreck on the sand? Remember he has that white stone which she gives him and supposedly you come back if you a take a stone with you? I so so so so have a feeling that if ever there is going to be a scene of them going south, it will be on the sand there...like the scene from 'It's Ok That's Love' ;);););););););) :blush:

Moreover, its private and not in the middle of the army camp...lLOL :P:lol:

zomg, you managed to link it to SJK bff LKS drama. maybe at LKS sister wedding In-Sung dropped in some tips. wait, was the filming done before or after LKS' sister wedding? okay never mind if irrelevant. 

yea, they are definitely building their history together. we know for sure that their relationship will be strong since it has withstood time, distance, death, accidents, injuries, gun-points, PHONE CALLS, earthquakes, hot bar waitress, kidnapping soon i guess...

• Like 6

1 minute ago, melissala said:

It's worded weirdly, but I think it's saying the daughter of a big shareholder (the snooty Dr. Kim who she got into a hair pulling fight with) got the promotion over MY.   MY has no family connections.  I'm seriously curious about her family.  I do think there is a bigger story there, especially the no mention of her father.  

in typical k plots, that daughter big shareholder would also interfere with the lead love lines. i hope not man! keep them separate please writers. 

wait, not so separate. its thanks to that daughter that MY found her way to Uruk. haha. so thank you!

• Like 5

Guest Tinkiebell

@enzek , that is the most elaborated article on Kang Moyeon's background that I've seen so far. I wonder where the Vietnamese fans got it from?

It says she's had a difficult life since birth and was abandoned at young age.

See, our girl has been fighting her own battles, ever since she was little. She may not have all the physical injuries that our soldier boy has, but she's definitely scarred, emotionally. 

Which is a total contrast to Shijin. He may have all the physical scars from his action packed job, but it looks like he grew up in a nice and warm family, surrounded by his mother's love and his dad's support.

Interesting. I wish to see her family background explained more in the series. It would give us more insights into her psyche.  

I don't get the part about being the shareholder's daughter either.

@Ahpheng  lol that soo needs to happen.  Let Jin Goo have some scenes with SHK!  DY needs to spend some time with the lovely Dr. Kang and get to know her (and make SJ and MJ insanely jealous).   These two are the reasonable ones in the their relationships so I think they'd get along well.  Go on a date you two.  I won't mind.  

@xoxobleach I think she's not going to be any problem, but I do wonder about the director of the hospital and if he's really given up on MY.  Not that he has any chance in hell, but it'll be fun to see him try (with SJ around). :P 

• Like 13