[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Song Hae Kyo's Character explanation
tumblr_nn3apbWV9X1tlebx9o1_540.jpg
Masterpiece in drama "TWTWB" Song Hye Kyo as Kang Mu Yeon (34 Years Old)/ a professor that in charge at VIP Promotion Ward/Currently a Head Tim of Public Medical Service
Receive "Lost Life" Vaccine,
Always Fairly defending at certain smattering humanism but,
Mu Yeon run away from night battle,
For that man's injury, For her injury too She grab the already forgotten scalpel.

tumblr_nn3cdjGpsX1tlebx9o1_540.jpg
Song Jong Ki (Nice Guy)
First project after military

As Yoo Si Jin (33 Years Old)/Captain Commando Force/commander of Mouru (?) East Sea Unit
With gifted curiosity and challenge spirit he come to command "UREKE(?)" for mendamaikan after internal war ended. Although must spending his life at left behind church, at still remodelling barrack, he is not complaining cause of there is fellow soldier that take personal command, and beautifull land "PyongHwa that will protected with all his body.
So, someday, Si Jin feels like do military service in homeland cause meet with Female Doctor Mu Yeon

I forget whether i've sending my greeting or not, So..... Nice to meet you and Please take care of me...

And about this picture
6W93Mq.png
It seem like @bbsssaa504 is one of DOTS staff production's wife (He is charge in Jimmy jib camera). She hope that the production goes well...

Hi guys, 

I've read all your comments here. I'm not an active member here (a kind of silent reader hehe ) but I've always been here to get updated news about my beloved actress and her dramas. 

I've read the information about the rivals of this drama. Are you sure that this drama will be broadcasted on Monday and Tuesday instead of Wed&Thur? I'm a bit worried because Hwajung must be a big hit as it's a MBC historical drama. How about the rival from SBS? I haven't heard anything about it. 

But I believe in the cast. The way
That Winter The Wind Blows defeated the two hit dramas with more attractive storylines IRIS II and 7th Grade Civil Servant, as well as Nice Guy defeated I Miss You, that eventually lights up my mind :x

I don't really like Kim Eun Sook. Lovers in Paris has a stupid ending, The Heirs is really something weird. Secret Garden is much more boring at the last episodes. The only drama I like is A Gentlemant's Dignity. That writer is better at rom-com than melodrama. So I'm a bit worried about Descendants of the sun. After reading the brief storyline I think that's must be a melodrama. And no surprise they casted Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo for the main characters for the fact that this Song couple have proven their ability in melodramas Nice guy and That winter the wind blows. But I'm died waiting for this drama for my favorite actress.
I've read some comments about the incompatibility between Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo just because of their age gap. But to be frank, Song Hye Kyo looks a lot younger than her real age, and her age is actually the same as Kang Mo Yeon. So I don't know why people think she's not suitable for this role? It's Song Joong Ki who has to change due to his baby faced beauty. I hope after discharging from army he will look more grown-up and manly :)

Love you :xx
Best wishes, DOTS!

Moon_Fars, thanks for the translations..really appreciated :x

It's exactly 1 month SJK will be out from the military, today there is a news saying SJK will have a little over 1 week to rest before he starts the shooting.

Then i assume the shooting will be starting early June. 1 week isn't much, he deserves more but i guess he doesn't have any choice as everyone is waiting for him.

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002388621

btw,  i think this drama will be broadcasted on Wed-Thu, not on Mon-Tue :)

I'm sure he's excited to come back to his fans after such a long time. The great thing about this being a preproduction, is that he could have a long time to rest after he's done, he won't be rushed to shoot as it's not live shoot, and he'll probably be able to see his family/friends much more with this type of schedule. 
So God willing all goes ok, then he should be fine too. I was reading about the fierce competition the drama will be having as 1-2 other projects airing from 2 other biggies (MBC and possibly SBS) will be slated for the same time? Some are even speculating that MCW will be cast for the MBC drama ( Nice Guy writer will penn it) competing with SJK :o Let's see how casting news shapes up in the next month or so...Hope she'll be back but won't be slated against her friend SJK :)

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"“The Descendant of the Sun” Producers Eager for Song Joong Ki’s Discharge From Militaryck525 April 26, 2015 SOOMPI“The Descendant of the Sun” Producers Eager for Song Joong Ki’s Discharge From Military

Good news for Song Joong Ki fans: only a month till he is discharged from the military on May 26.

It isn’t only his fans who are awaiting his release from the military. The crew for KBS 2TV’s “The Descendant of the Sun” is also eager to see the release of Song Joong Ki as well since the schedule has been set for his arrival. Though the drama is scheduled for October, filming will officially start once Song Joong Ki is discharged from the military.

After being released, he will have a week to rest then immediately go into filming. Ironically, he will once again wear a uniform because of his character as the elite leader of an overseas deployment department within Special Forces.

Though most actors who are just discharged rarely explore such fields for a while, Song Joong Kil will be living another six months as a Special Forces soldier. He will also rarely stay in Korea because the setting of the drama requires several overseas locations.

One of the producers said, “There has been a lot of talk about the show because it was made with Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo in mind. The filming will also be paced with ease because it will be partially be filmed ahead of time. Song Joong Ki was pleased with this and decided to star in the drama even before his dischargement.”

“The Descendant of the Sun” is a blockbuster human drama that tells the story of young soldiers and doctors who hope for love and success during times of war in a foreign land. It will be aired this upcoming fall.

Source (1)

Indeed, the waiting is torture. I can't wait to see him.
I hope Joong ki looks manly now and bulked up. haha!

He told us a long time ago that if the script requires him, he would work out. hahaha!
Dr7eZq1.jpg
drop that pretty boy image now and kindly please make us drool oppa. lol

@valsava i guess we both was waiting for the same thing. i had been rewatching some of his old drama, cause i miss too much!!!!

​@kdramalovers,  My favorite I seen him in when I was first introduce to him was high kicks  through the roof  I still can't believe he grew to become such a handsome young man right before my very eyes