[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Have Great Start with Script Reading for “The Descendant of the Sun”

song-joong-ki-song-hye-kyo.jpg

Song Joong Ki, who was just recently discharged from the military, is already back in the thick of things, with his first script reading for the upcoming KBSdrama “The Descendant of the Sun,” also starring Song Hye Kyo.

According to a source who was at the reading, “Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo showed great chemistry, and it was a lot of fun. The actors suit their roles extremely well.”

Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo play special forces soldier Yoo Shi Jin and doctor Kang Mo Yeon, respectively.

The reading was sought out by more press than usual, evidencing the sheer level of interest for this drama, being Song Joong Ki’s comeback drama, in which he is accompanied by A-list actress Song Hye Kyo. 

Moreover, the drama is penned by “The Heirs” writer Kim Eun Sook and directed by Lee Eung Bok, who was at the megaphone for “Secret.”

Source (1)
soompi.com/2015/05/28/song-joong-ki-and-song-hye-kyo-have-great-start-with-script-reading-for-the-descendant-of-the-sun

• Like 11

WOW.... my Goddess Song Hye Kyoo looks fresher than ever! I mean look at her toned body and those tights are to die for.. she's naturally sexy and gorgeous.. sorry but I can't stop admiring her beauty... and of course our Joong Ki is handsome as always... such a perfectly matched OTP (I don't ship them as a couple in reality)

• Like 11

^ They do really match ^^

DDIM0v.jpg

Song Hye Kyo and Song Joong Ki attend ‘Descendants of the Sun’ script reading session

The first script reading session for upcoming KBS 2TV drama ‘Descendants of the Sun‘ took place on May 28th, and lead actors Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo were sighted arriving at the venue before the session.

Song Joong Ki who was just discharged from the army two days ago, will now start work right away on his comeback project. Song Joong Ki will headline the drama alongside Song Hye Kyo.

A source who was at today’s reading said, “The two showed great chemistry, and it was pretty fun. They really suit their roles really well.”

It was understood that Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo read their lines from episode 8 and 9 of the drama during the session, and created a great mood. When one reporter asked Song Joong Ki for his thoughts about the script reading, the actor expressed, “It feels like it’s been years since I last read a script. Frankly, I was really nervous. But I must do a good job at this.”

Despite only just getting discharged from the army, Song Joong Ki will still be playing a soldier in his new drama. He said, “It feels like this is drawing much interest from everyone, but I am not really concerned. The script itself is good, and that’s why I accepted. I will do my best to act out my role according to the script.”

Song Joong Ki was clad in a white top paired with denim jeans. He also wore a cap which was positioned the other way around, and demonstrated his refreshing summer fashion, which drew much attention from fans.

‘Descendants of the Sun’ tells the story of young soldiers and doctors, who dream of love and success in extreme situations, and discover the true meaning of life in the process.

The drama is expected to greet viewers in the latter half of the year.

By: Alvin

Thanks RoseS at shk's thread

S

• Like 12

WOW.... my Goddess Song Hye Kyoo looks fresher than ever! I mean look at her toned body and those tights are to die for.. she's naturally sexy and gorgeous.. sorry but I can't stop admiring her beauty... and of course our Joong Ki is handsome as always... such a perfectly matched OTP (I don't ship them as a couple in reality)

@segafanlady.  He's all buff up since leaving the Army and it looks good on him

Thanks everyone for all the stills..

• Like 4

The Cast of Descendants of the Sun Head to Script Reading at KBS Studios

Posted on May 28, 2015 by ockoala

cpvuid.jpg

The train is leaving the station for upcoming K-drama Descendants of the Sun faster thanSong Joong Ki changed out of his military fatigues. The cast gathered this week at KBS studios (featured prominently in currently airing KBS variety industry drama Producer) for the script reading, the arrival walk which normally isn’t covered by the media unless it involves a drama written by buzzy scribe Kim Eun Sook, stars just out of the military nation’s beloved young actor Song Joong Ki, and paired with top actress Song Hye Kyo.

The four leads were snapped heading into the studio for the table read, with the two leading ladies Song Hye Kyo and Kim Ji Won managing to look ravishing even dressed down. Mostly movie actor Jin Goo rounds out the main four, making it a very eclectic and intriguing cast for what is billed as Kim Eun Sook’s most ambitious drama to date. Fully pre-produced, mostly shot overseas, this drama is either going to soar or crash and burn. My money is on it working, mostly because I can’t see Song Joong Ki not making the most of his first post-military role and selling the Kim Eun Sook type male lead with an underlying kinder twist.

koalasplayground.com/2015/05/28/the-cast-of-descendants-of-the-sun-head-to-script-reading-at-kbs-studios

• Like 11