[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Taken from Kyo's thread, 

This is today's report, a related personnel said this about the script reading with SJK and SHK:

"Needless to say, the first time SJK meeting with SHK is very compatible.  Before this we thought, because this is the first script reading and the other actors are there also, everyone would be a bit embarrassed, but the both of them were not awkward at all.  They were super energetic and the other actors as well.  Song Joong Ki jokingly said "I'm SJK who was discharged from the military the day before yesterday", making everyone laughed.  When SJK and SHK were reading the script, the atmosphere was very cordial.  Although this is their first time collaborating, but they were really in tune.  Watching them both taking care of each other, I think this can be translated into the drama seamlessly.  We are very satisfied with this script reading.  Filming will start in mid-June.  SJK will join in the beginning of July, hoping that a month's time will help prepare him to get into the role."

@ hclover

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3793592744

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002421696

• Like 11

Another person joining the discussion. I actually have been lurking around ever since they announced that Song Hyo Kyo and Song JoongKi waere leading this project. I am so excited. First was waiting for SJK to get discharged and now that he has, the thread can really start moving.

Thank you for all the pictures of the first script reading, I hope they can post a pic of the two together, i wanna see them together in a pic already. 

• Like 4

Song Hye Kyo aaaaaa my first love toward woman ( in fact i am a girl :D )

After Joongki discharged, i will be able to see the update on this thread. I left this thread a while ago because i know Joongki hast discharged yet and he is here. AJA AJA FIGHTING !!!

@StaRix i am counting on you for the biggest contribution in this thread :D

• Like 4

Song Hye Kyo aaaaaa my first love toward woman ( in fact i am a girl :D )

After Joongki discharged, i will be able to see the update on this thread. I left this thread a while ago because i know Joongki hast discharged yet and he is here. AJA AJA FIGHTING !!!

@StaRix i am counting on you for the biggest contribution in this thread :D

@ruzikie (Long time no "see" chingu! How are you?~^^)  Me??? :blink: Why me? LOL! :P I'm sure everyone will have contribution, especially KiAiles and Kyonatics. They're best on updating SJK and SHK's individual thread so I'm sure they will update this thread as well. I will also help of course... :)

• Like 7

More actors added to the Dots...sorry , i dun know their names :P

0O5Xgj.jpg

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2015060111250539678&type=1&outlink=1

Solo confirmed to be Kyo's best friend in Dots

ldZ4zQ.jpg

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=720472

edit: read at naver's tweets saying Shinee Onew will play as Kyo's fiancee ?

Edited by utkim
  • Like 9

Hi everyone  it is the first time for me here ..hope to enjoy sharing our thoughts about dots ...I signed in soompi only to keep up with dots updates ...  I would like to know how many episodes of the drama 16 or 20 ??? ... 16 would be too short for this beautiful cast 

• Like 2

Guest ororomunroe

'Descendants Of The Sun' Holds Script Reading

j3.jpg

TV Report - Naver: Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo at script reading for 'Descendants of the Sun' 

1. [+754, -39] Song Joong Ki is so pale...

2. [+814, -318] Like an aunt and her nephewㅋㅋ

3. [+756, -317] Shouldn't Song Hye Kyo be reflecting after her tax evasion scandal?

4. [+577, -190] Don't hit on him!

5. [+482, -215] Joong Ki-ya. I'm worried because of Song Hye Kyo but I'll watch this for Song Joong Ki

6. [+152, -48] I'm really happy to see Song Joong Ki again but I feel unsettled about a  dating scandal likely breaking out for the two. No matter how pretty Hye Kyo is, control yourself and don't get lured. They say that women look prettier after one gets out of the army.

7. [+96, -29] Uhm.. Like a noona and dongsaeng~

8. [+85, -24] They don't match

9. [+64, -9] Did you receive skin care treatments while in the army?

10. [+40, -6] No signs of hardships on Song Joong Ki's face at all. His skin looks softer and healthier just like Kim Jae Won after his service

11. [+26, -14] Fed up with people commenting that they look like an aunt and her nephewㅋㅋㅋ  Kim Soo Hyun has a big age gap with Jeon Ji Hyun and Gong Hyo Jin and to me that's more aunt-nephew than Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo

Cr: kkuljaem

Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Light Up the Room at Script Reading for “The Descendant of the Sun”

Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Light Up the Room at Script Reading for “The Descendant of the Sun”

New photos released on June 3 are giving excited fans a glimpse at the first gathering of the cast of the upcoming drama “The Descendant of the Sun“!

Fresh from the army, Song Joong Ki joined his co-stars Song Hye Kyo, Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won for their first script reading in Seoul on May 28.

During their introductions, Song Joong Ki made a short speech to the cast and crew. “While I was in the army, I thought a lot about days like this, when I’d be at script readings or wrap parties,” he said. “Thank you for working on this together with me. I will put my all into this.”

Top star Song Hye Kyo said, “I’m happy to have met you all through this great work. I’m glad that I’ll be working together with such excellent sunbae colleagues and hoobae actors. Thanks to them, I know everything will be great as long as I work hard.”

According to reports, whenever there were romantic moments between Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo’s characters, people in the room made comments and cheered.

After they wrapped up the reading, it’s said that the actors and staff all said the script was so great that they’d smiled so much it made their faces hurt.

“The Descendant of the Sun” is expected to air in the second half of this year on KBS.

Source (1)

credit: Soompi

• Like 13

Whatt like aunt and nephew???? Viewed where?? Hehehe

They are envy or what? Because of increasingly brilliant shk career,the real goddeess..

Haters gonna be hate, shk always prove them wrong hehehe

Now focus DotS.......aja aja fighting!!!!!

imageproxy.png

• Like 10

Thanks everyone for the updates/pics ...sad about Knetz, always negative with their comments (they're harsh about DotS and High Society, two dramas I'm really anticipating :()  Not a huge fan of SHK's acting, I think she's a gorgeous woman, but I do have reservations about her acting style (too theatrical/not too subtle IMO)...Tho I hate all the hate she's getting, and can't understand how someone could be labeled and hated for life if they made even the smallest mistake!

Glad all actors are happy about the script and think it to be powerful, KES seems to be polarizing with her work, some love it and others loath it. I'm one who enjoyed her work that everyone else hated, so I'm standing on firm grounds with this project and hope it won't disappoint.  

I don't see the aunt/nephew thing, if anything she's what 3-4 years older? I just finished watching a couple of dramas where the lead was 21-22 playing a 32 year old with a female lead who's 10 years older than him!!! That was just pure ugh...I hate Noona romances with passion, only because there's just so much of them and I'm so done with that dynamic, but it's not visible here at all...Song-Song fighting! 

Looking forward to all the BTS and cool goodies, everyone keep up the great work and keep cheering for DotS :) 

• Like 5

Hello everyone :) 

Been a lurker in this thread since I've been waiting for SJK to take on a new project after his military discharge. Ever since INNOCENT MAN, I've been hoping for a reunion of SJK with MCW, and also since MCW hasn't been back on the small screen for a while with a good drama (her recent past drama, IMO, wasn't as good as INNOCENT MAN). With SHK being confirmed as the other main lead, the plot and the pairing look interesting. Of course, not forgetting the proven writernims and PDnim, I'm excited for this drama to hit the screen.

But, looks like the wait will be pretty long, with the just announced decision(below article translation) in deviation by KBS, or indeed, any other K-broadcaster's norm of live filming and broadcasting. Anyhoo...ANTICIPATE! :rolleyes:

PS: Thanks for all the updates. Keep going :)

bVEEJM7.jpg

Edited by jadecloud
  • Like 9

Thanks everyone for the updates/pics ...sad about Knetz, always negative with their comments (they're harsh about DotS and High Society, two dramas I'm really anticipating :()  Not a huge fan of SHK's acting, I think she's a gorgeous woman, but I do have reservations about her acting style (too theatrical/not too subtle IMO)...Tho I hate all the hate she's getting, and can't understand how someone could be labeled and hated for life if they made even the smallest mistake!

Glad all actors are happy about the script and think it to be powerful, KES seems to be polarizing with her work, some love it and others loath it. I'm one who enjoyed her work that everyone else hated, so I'm standing on firm grounds with this project and hope it won't disappoint.  

I don't see the aunt/nephew thing, if anything she's what 3-4 years older? I just finished watching a couple of dramas where the lead was 21-22 playing a 32 year old with a female lead who's 10 years older than him!!! That was just pure ugh...I hate Noona romances with passion, only because there's just so much of them and I'm so done with that dynamic, but it's not visible here at all...Song-Song fighting! 

Looking forward to all the BTS and cool goodies, everyone keep up the great work and keep cheering for DotS :) 

I agree/ Same here, not a huge fan of SHK or her acting, but still a pretty awesome actress. Can never understand how the knetz work and how the antis can be so hateful. Haters Gonna Hate is all we can think of. Who cares about antis, I hope SHK or other acting peeps will not.

FIGHTING TEAM DoTS!

• Like 6

Some of the comments are harsh, I don't see SJK and SHK looking like aunt and nephew. I see more of a compatibility between them, their smile together is so precious. I know SHK has a more mature face but to me she really looks young in the photos posted above from the script reading. About SHK's acting, I've followed most of her dramas since I watched Autumn In My Heart and I have to tell you, she has improved so much that I give her a lot of credits. After all these years, she has become a top actress and deserving to be one. 

Thank you for all the updates everyone.

• Like 10

The Descendant of the Sun" Song Joong-ki, Song Hye-kyo and the rest of the cast

photo599635.jpg

The script reading for "The Descendant of the Sun" was held on the 28th at the KBS Hall. Media and reporters gathered on that day to take in the images of actors and actresses practicing their lines for the drama that is expected to be 'the drama' this year. Song Joong-ki, Song Hye-kyo, Jin Goo, Kim Ji-won-I, Kang Shin-il, Suh Jung-yeon, Lee Seung-joon and Juan were there to see each others' faces.

Director Lee Eung-bok started off the session with a speech, "I wonder if there will ever be a greater cast and staff than this. I hope we do well and I know we will. Until the day we round up again..."Writer Kim Won-seok-II also said, "It's an honor to meet all of you". Second writer Kim Eun-sook said, "This is my tenth drama and I hope you all work with me".

Song Joong-ki who has just complete National Service, said, "I dreamt of the day when I'd have another script in my hands while I was on duty. I am grateful for everyone being here and I will do my best". Song Hye-kyo rose from her seat to say, "I am happy to be here with great people and I think it's up to me to work hard".

Unlike other dramas, the script reading took place from the middle of the drama. The cast had fully understood their characters when they read their lines. Reality was added to the lines and the cast did the best they could. Laughter was added to the atmosphere and everyone cheered when there was romance between Yoo Si-jin (Song Joong-ki) and Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo).

In the disaster scenes that occur in an imaginary space, tension flowed through the room and no one even dared to make a sound. The space was filled with doctors and soldiers who were there for a different purpose.

"The Descendant of the Sun" is a human drama about people who dream of success in extreme conditions and will be broadcasted on KBS 2TV at the end of the year.

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c...

• Like 9