[Drama 2015] Heart to Heart 하트 투 하트

jwand

@jeonghyang thank you. Yeah i corrected the forward and backward slashes. No problem on getting the awesome or insightful badges. I just wanted to share what i understood from my little knowledge of korean among our soompiers who wait for subs.

BTW i wanted to give all three badges lol,awesome and insightful badges =)) your above post, but cannot. And hope to see u tomorrow also. Thank you and fighting!!!!!!!

:x :x :x

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to be overly analytical but there are some parts that are contradictory:

That scene, HD looks at the childhood photos scattered all over the floor. collapsed, was brought to the hospital. next YS goes to her apartment waiting all night, even coming back the next morning but never even once saw the scattered photos there.

Another confusing scene, after the brother hid inside the drum, YS went out sit on that open field to read a book, when HD is not supposed to see him because they're playing hide & seek. Or if he just sat there he would have seen HD playing with the match.

She came back to the house and DS saw that she was going to make herself sick looking at the photos which she was picking up, got to his knees and started to help her put them back before spiriting her away for the trip.  When YS came back there is no way for him to see it since its been put away.

As for young YS sitting by the hale bay - it made me scratch my head too.

berny said: I don't want to be overly analytical but there are some parts that are contradictory:

That scene, HD looks at the childhood photos scattered all over the floor. collapsed, was brought to the hospital. next YS goes to her apartment waiting all night, even coming back the next morning but never even once saw the scattered photos there. Another confusing scene, after the brother hid inside the drum, YS went out sit on that open field to read a book, when HD is not supposed to see him because they're playing hide & seek. Or if he just sat there he would have seen HD playing with the match.

Thanks to all  have gave recaps and pix. I haven’t watched yet because I know it’ll make me BEYOND angry. 
Ya’ll brought out some great points about IS’s death. If he died in that drum, his body would have been still been in it and the family should know the actual reason for his death. BUT even if they want to hide it from YS, blaming HD as nastily as they have makes them much less than human in my eyes! I still think YS’s dad and gramps may be hiding something.

I agree I think GPa knows the truth of what possibly happened and YS dad does too and HD became the scape goat so long ago. As pointed out no reason to pay her grandmother off if HD was the one at fault. They are hiding something and I think it is about what really happen that day so that YS is not told the truth. I still think it was a accident not something malicious. They are protecting someone and I expect it is YS from the truth of what happen that day. The police would have had to investigate thoroughly and I am sure an autopsy was done on the child when they found him to determine if his death was from that fire or was he already dead from lack of air. I have to wonder if it is in the police report that DS may have found and read or was it covered up. Something is a bit off about what YS family is hiding and trying to keep them apart.

I guess we shall have to see how long it takes for the truth to come out.. Their hiding this from YS has not helped him to move on. Blaming HD for something that she prolly really did not do or had a minor part in since there is something else going on here is wrong. IF you blame a child so much giving the grandmother money would not be the way to go about it. That money was to keep quiet and to take that girl so she could not tell something. Especially if she and YS were closer as children and they were afraid she would say something to him.

It should be interesting to see if what you guys are speculating is correct.

I also think that HD nor YS would have never thought about the past and a possible connection between them if GPa had not stirred up the hornets nest. GPa panicked when he found out who HD was and was scared that whatever happen in the past that he helped to hide would come out.  I agree the truth needs to come out for all to move on but I do not think it would have been this big had GPa not panicked about it and blurted it out. By the time HD or YS had even remembered anything about that day I think they would have been married and would have helped one another to move on making peace with it. Obviously what happen effected them both to make them the way they are. Too bad that this will have to set them back a bit but I think it will also make them stronger to over come what has had a hold of them for so many years. (I am trying to be positive here :) ) .

I still want to kick GPa but it seems Ahjumma is throwing blows at him for me.. WAY to go Ahjumma.. point out his short comings ;)) =))  again for me why don't you.. I love it.

Thank you so much to all the re-capers you are appreciated. Thanks for all the pictures, videos and gifs as well..

Guest submonkey

berny said: Indeed so heartbreaking. • But i still would like to see, the actual all-scenes uncut, if indeed it was HD, the match she was holding caused the fire. •If YS remembers that he tightly covered the lid of that drum then placed a heavy box on top of it , would he feel guilty as well? • Reopening. Of the CASE, i thought oh that's why. our 2nd lead is a 'detective' it is for this purpose in the plot. so i'm still hoping there is more to this case. • Another thing, which in real life, has a high probability of happening. It is this, even without the fire, the brother could have died as well, not because of the fire, but suffocation, hiding in that sealed drum with no passage of air. How long can a human being breathe in a enclosed space, without oxygen?

Part way watching the subbed episode - Yes! I caved in and watched again! - Butler asked Grumps if he is going to let it stand and not correct it after so many years and Grumps also said that its time to set things right and for Butler to look for someone. 

Watching the part where they are putting little HD/YJ in the cop car - Dad looked terribly shifty-eyed like he was guilty of something.  I think they kept the Mom in the dark about the real truth behind the accident.  Yes, HD did set the fire by accident but YS has something to do with it too otherwise they all wouldn't be trying so hard to protect him now.  Besides, them paying off HD's grandmother doesn't make sense unless they did it to keep her mouth shut about a secret.  Grumps wanted to ship HD off overseas as well.  Butler told Shifty Dad about HD/YJ and said "I thought you more than anyone else should know about this."  Dad looked shocked and scared.

There's something hidden here - dark and ugly I'm afraid.  YS looks terribly guilty in the preview.  Please don't tell me he is the real reason for his brother's death and they hid it from him and blamed HD for it all.  That would really suck for our couple.  Ottokke?

I think the twist will be YS was the cause of the fire or had something to do with it. He was the one that had HD lit the match and I think grandpa knows it. That would also explain YS issue. A sibling passing away wouldn't cause this much turmoil in his life unless the death was caused by something he did.
No one wants to tell YS cause they fear he'll remember.

just my take. 
@klgirl I must have been typing when you posted. We have the same thoughts.

Guest dzareth_8651

Oh my... where do I even start? :((

Yesterday was indeed a heartbreaking episode. We were first trolled with sweet moments in the first few minutes or so (I just knew YS will be going for HD's undies on the coffee table, hah! :P ) and then we took a dive to angsty territory. I don't want to dwell on that too much as the history is still under revelation. But, this episode again demonstrate the kind of men YS and DS are.

As HD dwells on breaking up with YS without explaining her reasons, DS gallantly volunteers himself as scapegoat - which will create lies and misunderstandings. YS on the other hand, pesters for an explanation. YS was very confrontational, but considering HD's intentional silence and DS's meddlesome, he held back pretty well. When HD returned, instead of diving into the situation, his immediate concern was HD's welfare - she's back, but pale. And obviously mad as hell at our detective and confused as richard simmons. We see YS leaving the scene when HD begged for forgiveness, knowing that it is impossible to find answers with HD at such state. We see YS returning the next day trying to get answers but HD's mouth was still tightly sealed. And then again DS heroic tendencies interferes with our OTP as he tries to make YS walk away by misunderstanding. To my relief (thank you, PD-nim!!), YS did not take the bait :x and instinctively knows they aren't telling him things. I'm so warmed by his trust in HD.

I'm also grateful that HD didn't go along with DS. Her silence did aggravate the situation, but at least she avoided the typical k-heroine method of break-up. I won't accuse her withdrawal as noble idiocy because her reactions are expected. One couldn't really assume she'd just say "Oh, btw I was the girl who lit the fire that burned your brother. Cheers!", right?

Despite the muddled situation, the fact that HD did not try to lie to YS and YS's faith that nothing kinky happened between HD and YS was really daebak! Love our OTP!!

Kudos again to the actress who played mom. I hope to see her more on tv. I love Butler Ahn too - who seemed the only one in favour of bringing the truth out. Can't wait for the next episode!

EDIT: Kid YS staring at the police car after the fire gave me chills! X_X

About the father,  I didn't feel like he had much of an attachment to the brother, unless I missed something,   When did he go to America?  Was it right after the fire? Also, maybe HD knew at the time of the fire she didn't do it, but went along with everything to protect YS - sort of would go with the theme of the drama.
Also I'm thinking HD lit the match after YS sat down outside.   Probably didn't notice it right away from where he was sitting,  but I think he should have noticed before it reached the building.  I'm going along with whoever said he suffocated and the building was burned down later.  Maybe YS's dad was trying to protect YS, and the grandather was trying to protect both the dad and YS by paying Hd and her gma off.  On the other hand it sounded like they were trying to make YS's dad out to be a bad guy so it's hard to say if he was trying to protect YS or to cover up something he himself did.

@jeonghyang‌

Hahaha, it is really you! yay! :))

I know the thread is on a gloomy note, but i kept snickering while reading your post Lol.

And eventhough i super hate Grandpop so much, that was just too hilarious, i just cannot, i cannot even imagine X_X

hahaha.

And oh yeah that dancing banana is alive!

Not of Grandpops...wahahaha yeah i'm talking about YS. You should have seen the OTP scene on bed together. super hotness meter up

Archived