[Drama 2015] Heart to Heart 하트 투 하트

jwand

@MadraRua @Lennna

Welcome to our thread. Glad you all joined us here.  We're having a ball of a time with this drama - with its highs and lows. 

I almost envy MadraRua for only beginning the drama - I wish I was back there just beginning to realize what a grand drama this one is.  You won't be disappointed - that's all I'll say so I won't spoil it for you.  I even dropped my Healer show because of how obsessed I got over this one and it made me compare the two shows which I knew was unfair.  I still haven't finished Healer either because I'm waiting for this one to end.  Just one more week to go and we'll be at the finale.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the last episode Dad comes in drunk and what does Gpa say..for him to go away again for awhile. Why would you want him to leave if you just over road the well being of your grand children and DIL to have him come back? GPa then ask if he is aware of what is going on in the house and Dad says about YS's girlfriend yes which then starts his drunken tears about how he is a failure and he is at fault for not saving the child and that he did not know he was in the storage room.. (bingo, dad is really the culprit)

GPa is protecting his son over the well being of his remaining Grandson, his DIL and his grand daughter (who really is a bit removed from this since she was yet to be born or very young when the tragedy happen.) Trying to hide what the father prolly did that kid the Favorited child.

I have to agree that it is very scary how the fire could have started. If someone held down a lighter or he was smoking and the ashes or flame dropped to the ground lighting the dry grass or  a cigar/cig was dropped. How ever it happened two children assumed blame for something that was not their fault and they only had minor parts in.

@drzarth_8651
I too loved their break up scene. It was true to YS and HD all the way. Nothing over the top and just as Honest as you said it was. It was more heart wrenching to see these two people have to part again. They love one another and are only thinking of the other as they say a silent goodbye. The scene was portrayed just right for these two.

What will we see in the last two episodes.. will the truth finally come out in the next episode. Will there be a time jump? Will we see a little YS or HD (or both)? Will HD have been living well and YS and his family finally facing the past. Will DS and SR finally get together?

Although I hate that this is the last week coming up this drama will remain as a favorite of mine no matter what the outcome..(but writer-nim, our OTP needs to be together!!!!!!!) *moving away to count the hours until friday again....

@Ldy Gmerm

Me too - I am going to miss this drama when it ends but its going to join the other great dramas that are on my re-watch list.  For when I miss a sweet, honest hero and an undauntable heroine who are passionate for each other.  Some writers could learn a thing or two from Lee Jung Ah on how to write romance into a drama.

In the last two episodes - I want HD to go out into the world and conquer it in her own quiet way.  I want her to do everything she's wanted boldly and be a success.  I want her to wait patiently for YS even though he told her to go on with her life and not to wait for him.  I even want that tried and true drama trophe - her being a wonderful Mom to his kid/s (yeah twins!!)  YS would make an awesome Dad with his loving ways.  He'd know not to play favorites with his twins at least.

I want Butler Ahn to step up and reveal everything to YS who will realise what a raw deal he got from his Grumps and abandon them - ok, maybe not abandon them, I know wishful thinking, so unfilial, yada yada but man, it would be so satisfying to shoot the middle finger at them and say drown in your sorrows while I go make her my woman! - okay, enough fantasy.  LOL.

I just want the writer to be true to their story - the central one of the couple, of how they are perfect together rather than apart. 

@klgirl
I too have hopes that Butler Ahn can see how much YS is suffering and decides to go against GPa and tell YS the truth of who is at fault and have him realize what his Gpa has done in protecting his son over everyone else.

Gpa needs to have everyone be unfilial to him for what he has done in trying to sweep things under the rug. He contributed to the emotional issues in his family and the psychological issues everyone has to include HD and even SR.

@klgirl

I understand what your saying. Thankfully my enjoyment hasn't taken away from my other drama Maids. Perhaps because the two are like night and day. I was looking for another drama to watch while waiting inbetween updates. I tried Joseon Gunman because it seemed quite popular but I honestly couldn't get into it. Then I was watching Legendary Witch and liking it until I made the mistake of reading the latest comments in the thread -

the husband came back to life and that just killed it for me. Even gangster granny couldn't coax me back.

But this drama is like a breath of fresh air. I really hope others find this gem too. For whatever reason it's flying under the radar and completely underrated.

Right, on to episode 5 and I promise I won't interrupt again until I'm caught up.

Finally i watched  this week episodes (since i miss h2h so much and couldn't wait any longer for new episode) and wow what a brutal episodes especially for GYS (applause to CJM for playing it so well that i almost out of breath seeing devastation, depression and sadness that he has)
I finally understand how the writer-nim try to spread clue of this big secret through out the previous episodes, from the twin girl patient that YS handle ( how ppl can create memory through what they want to believe - in which happen in YS family), then the criminal case where he mentioned he use LIGHTER but turn out had MATCHSTICK instead - don't forget about pyromania symptoms mentioned thereanother important thing is the seminar YS attend, the topic is about post traumatic syndrome or something, how one can just forget the past memory because of severe trauma (which basically what happen to HD)
And I just realized that the whole grandma cover is also there for reason, because if HD didn't deceive grandpa he wouldn't investigate and find out the past relation. On the other hand, if YS and HD didn't meet through the suicide attempt before their relationship can be this solid
in the end, the gem of h2h is not about its extraordinary story-line that's never being used before, it's the way this drama tell the story, how the characters face their situation and how their relationship evolve- that until today h2h consistently deliver itother thing i enjoy is the well executed cinematography by PD Lee - how can she make simple scenes become so damn beautiful and meaningful? one of a kind she is

MadraRua said: @klgirl

I understand what your saying. Thankfully my enjoyment hasn't taken away from my other drama Maids. Perhaps because the two are like night and day. I was looking for another drama to watch while waiting inbetween updates. I tried Joseon Gunman because it seemed quite popular but I honestly couldn't get into it. Then I was watching Legendary Witch and liking it until I made the mistake of reading the latest comments in the thread -

the husband came back to life and that just killed it for me. Even gangster granny couldn't coax me back.

But this drama is like a breath of fresh air. I really hope others find this gem too. For whatever reason it's flying under the radar and completely underrated.

Right, on to episode 5 and I promise I won't interrupt again until I'm caught up.

Halmae wero ningoya! Dega Michochi? 
I am crazy! I watched the last episode over ten times and each time I cry! It just bring out all of my emotions, all of the hidden feelings, longing for my family, all of the goodbyes that I have said, all of the moments that without goodbye I lost one of my relatives. Recently I lost my grandfather and I had not seen him for over two years and I found his death later as I am living far away.Writer nim and PD nim hands down and lots of respect  for creating such a touching drama which made me laugh, made me have butterflies in my stomach, warmed my heart and broke my heart and moved my feelings inside. 
10848910_643437499096087_704444819438994
10479229_643437502429420_168937307083125
11025256_643437492429421_704139948998262

Guest Kropikko

I've just finished watching newest episode... and I really can't write anything because I'm crying my eyes out ;(
That moment when he kissed her, when the music stopped so we could hear only quiet sound of wind, leaves - almost our heartbeats... That was just... wow. Heartbreaking scene.

Just a thought. It could be that the father had the intention of burning the outbuildings out of spite because GPa did not accede to whatever he wanted. Remember when he came back, GPa said that he could only head the company if he is serious about working and he has solid plans for it, not something one-off.

He could also be having a tryst with a girl-of-the-moment in one of the buildings that is closer to where Il Suk was hiding and was smoking after their lovey-dovey act and accidentally lit the dry grass with cigarette butts.

Yong Ji was quite far from the building. Yi Suk was actually nearer that is why he heard Il Suk's shouts. If you drop a lit match, will it remain lit until it reach the ground or will it be distinguished, considering that it was outdoors and it seems it was already cold because they were wearing sweaters. Because in my experience trying to burn paper, it will not easily catch fire with a single matchstick, even if you have it close to the paper.

Or it could be that the dad was smoking a ciggie after his fight with his wife (Yi Suk said they were sent out by his mom to play with Yong Ji because mom and dad were fighting). In his frustration and anger, he might have thrown the lit cigarette into the dried hay, not knowing that it would cause a fire to spread.

Still the fire passed by Yi Suk, so I wonder why he did not notice it (the heat, the smoke, or the burning smell) but heard his hyung shouting. It was not clear where Yong Ji was at that time.

I really love CJM's varied facial expressions in that time he was standing on the bridge while waiting for CKH to move forward. It was so moving. Kudos to him. He's a great actor. And I also agree with everyone, the parting scene was so lovely and poignant in itself, there was no need for augment it with sentimental background music. And the location was perfect. It looked lonely, with the snow on the ground, bare trees on the right, but still, you can also sense that there is hope for them, given the rows of evergreen trees on the left.

Feeling sad that this week will be the last week for this gem of a drama. But I hope that it would be full of fun and passion and reconciliation. Wouldn't mind a time jump, or seeing a pair of bouncing babies (one girl, one boy) for CHD, who will be discovered once again by the ever-gorgeous GYS.

After reading @nrlfan4ever,  I can’t help jumping in.

My view or my assumption is almost the same as yours except that I think that it is the ‘mom’ who might have making up la la with the ‘dad’ not anyone else after all.  Dad might use the lighter to lit his cigarette, after the la..la..session with mom, which accidentially caused the fire.

This rather makes sense to me to why mom was so furious/ frustrated after having sex with dad (it was mentioned and also showed in the earlier episode). She has carried the guilt with her as from thinking that such event led to the dead of her favorite child.  

Guest suefern

What a sweet and moving drama. I'm loving this show so much more than those fronted by famous stars. I'm just a little sad that it's so under-rated.

So..how do I feel after watching ep14..as was said in the OST song "Inside my crumbling heart, another light goes out"
My former  thoughts about how a family could feel that way about a child's accident pales in comparison as to how I feel now knowing they have covered up whatever the dad did & using HD as the scapegoat..as they say "Are you even human ?"  I guess the only ones who don't  know are YS, his sister & HD (as she really doesn't remember everything)..I am not sure about mom..
When YS blamed HD, well  having your heart ripped out couldn't be any more painful ..but, it shows how much they love each other that he still defended her to grampa & mom & then went back to HD & said a  heart, heartfelt "sorry" & of course she forgave him without one second passing by..
One of the worst moments was YS in the hospital..he accurately portrayed how it feels when your entire world collapses..(these actors are making you feel every emotion in your heart )
Now, please get these two back together somehow..or there will forever be two dysfunctional people , as we  all know that HD & YS belong to each other & will never be whole apart..
Now, back to my tissue box..

All of my current k-dramas are in the sad, breaking up part.   :((  
My first thought watching the goodbye scene in H2H was, "He chose Grandpa, whose could die at any moment over his love for CHD." Like every other "noble idiot" in k-dramas: family first.  This couple had come through every obstacle so quickly and stuck together like glue.  Even the firestarter revelation didn't bust them up for less than an episode, but guilt about Grandpa's heart attack mixed with Mom's bitter words brings on the "noble idiocy". Chincha?
CJM did execute his scenes splendidly.  One could feel the heartbreak.  Bravo! =D>
Deadbeat dad is definitely the culprit.  I'm 99.99% sure about that, but sometimes k-drama writers can throw a major curve ball to any prediction I make.  (for latest example see KHMH) :-O
My heart is in pieces with all of the break-ups happening in my k-drama world. Can't one couple stay together through everything without the "noble idiocy"?  That's the weakest excuse in my book.  Oh well, writer-nim, get CHD and KYS back together first part of episode  15, pretty please! [-O< And while you're at it, JDS and SR too...and the other detective, set him up on his blind date.  Send mom to a mental hospital.  Give Grandpa a deathbed confession and send him to his reward. (If there is one for him in the next life. )  Can you tell I don't like Grandpa?
To end on a positive note: I've really enjoyed my time in H2H land.  I don't like the characters I'm not supposed to and I love the characters I'm meant to. I've enjoyed the journey and am looking forward to the end of the story.  Weave a great one, writer-nim! :-bd

Guest dzareth_8651

Looking back at the first episode, at least now I get what was the trigger of YS's suicide attempt. The self-accusation of "Am I a murderer?" was had apparently began 23 years ago with the death of hyung.

@only1khj, my take on "noble idiocy" in H2H differs a bit from yours. In my books, noble idiocy happens when the OTP separation include at least one of these points: concealed information, misdirections, betrayal, misunderstanding, pretense,

In Fated to Love You, LG brushing KMY aside was noble idiocy. In KMHM, CDH's break up with ORJ was noble idiocy. In H2H, HD wanting YS to leave but withholding her reasons in episode 15 was noble idiocy. But the YS-HD break up in the final moments of episode 14 was not. The fact that one chooses one's family first does not automatically put the sacrifice as noble idiocy. It's rational and it often happens in real life. It's realistic. Is it fair? Damn not! But can one simply be selfish to pursue one's own happiness - possibly build one's own family at that - if it was build upon the ruins of one's own? I can't do that, so I can sympathize with the conflict YS is facing.

In the end, YS's choice is really no choice at all. He knows it, HD knows it. Even if YS did choose HD, she was not going to allow him to do so. And I think both of them are already aware of that when HD said she was going to stay beside him as long as he still wants to meet her. YS made a final attempt to change Grandpa's mind - but we knew how that ended. Added by mom's words at the hospital and the self-blame concerning hyung's death, what else can he do? It was really a helpless situation. And we were told early on that YS has trouble letting go.

Sadly, all the people holding on to him at the moment, HD has the most strength to move on. YS has released HD from the burden of hyung's death, HD no longers experience extreme blushes, she's getting better in social interactions etc. In other words, HD is healed.

YS's healing process is unfortunately not yet completed. Gramps, mom and dad are hindering the process. It's good that SR, Butler Ahn and Prof Uhm is on YS's side and that they are aware of his 23-year-old guilt, so at least he is not as alone as before.

Gramps, mom and dad aren't really bad people. They don't have evil intentions. They are just messed up.

My prediction is the route they are going now is somebody else caused the fire. While this is a safe route, I would be amazed if they stick with the status quo. However, lets have everyone have a hand in the tragedy. Maybe we'll see mom and dad noticing the fire but were too busy arguing to pay attention? But I really liked @Ldy Gmerm's wish to have guilty Gramps as well haha...

God give me courage, I don't know if I can watch the next episode after what I went through with Ep.13.
We had:-Noble idiocy -Histrionics-Fainting fits-Lying -More lying-Bad lying-Secrets that we can't tell because our grandson is porcelain vase from the Gwanghae period.-Parental excess-Rich people using money to buy people off again.-Emotional blackmail
... all in the space of 1 hour.
But it's crack, isn't it. It's bad but addictive. Apparently the ahjummas eat this stuff for breakfast.

What are the older people in this show smoking? Apparently the smoke from the fire affected their brains permanently. 
I'm glad the housekeeper is back, she's a barrel of laughs. I love how she just walks all over grandpa because somebody really needs to.

Uh-Wow...that photos of their shoes...
Is that what they think as "couple shoes"for them? yieeeee !!!!
:x
;;)
But why are those many people crowding on our OTP.Y-aaahhh move out people, give our OTP space...so they can do those sweet smooches ..ok? OK!

Archived