[Drama 2015] Heart to Heart 하트 투 하트

jwand

Who knew then about the LIGHTER....

Grandpa knew?

the Dad knew?

Butler ahn knew?

Definitely the police knew! it's in their report.

Why was there a lighter? somebody could have been smoking in the area then. A cigarette butt that was still ligted-up thrown to the ground on dry grass ?

Place the blame on a 6yr old girl, since kids won't go to prison, but adults do.

A young girl was made responsible, money given out to keep those who knew, make them quiet..

DS should investigate more, for all those years that HD cared for him, this way it is his turn to help her.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the adults just relying on the fact that YS and HD will not remember the events of the past? YS is going to go nuts when the truth is revealed

Indeed CJM is a great actor. This episode was his actually. He did a marvelous job. I could feel all of his feelings. The moment he shouted I killed the hyung to his mother, wow was just great.  The way he was crying the whole episode, showing anger, frustration, sadness and the guilt he is feeling toward himself and HD. Just hands down for his great acting. 
@padhari : OMG today's episode is very very heartbreaking than yesterday.  and writernim what a great character you have created in the Ko Yi Suk.  Really gem of a character.  I love him to pieces.  and why there is  no preview????? by this time they would have already finished filming is it not or tvn has kept it to the suspense for the viewers. I have watched the episode.   i ll try to recap for you guys in another post.  

This clip is CJM starring in star date for his drama Glory Jane. When asked what score he gives to his acting career he says 2/10! I was like No at least heart to heart make it to 10 for me!

After crying during the whole episode, watching his laughs in this clip made me happy and feel lighter  ;;)

Hi everyone! It's my first post ever in a Korean drama related forum. I am a complete silent reader who even never had registered. It's almost a year that I follow some threads in the drama section and enjoy the recaps. But today, I decided to make an account finally, to give "Awesome" and "Insightful" to your comments, and to say thanks to every one. I am specially thankful toward the dear users who put the raw links, who recap the show, and who put images and gifs and video clips. And I also enjoy your predictions, and all the small details that you point out. I wish to join you guys from now on in this thread.

I LOVE this drama. It already made its way to my best drama ever list. The plot, the actors, ...everything is super good! I review all the episodes every night, except these two last episodes off course since it breaks my heart. After everything is resolved and our lovely couple gets back toghether, then I am gonna add these two episodes to my every night review plan, haha.

When in episode 12 grandpa told HD that she is nobody who was drifting without parents, even though I hated how he was hurting HD I did not come to hate him, I was thinking yes he is an old man and his feeling was hurt and he is just showing his anger this way but does not mean them. 
But In this episode, when Butler Ahn told him lets straight things and YS has the right to know who is at fault, I officially declare my hatred toward him. I guess the father is at fault and he is trying to protect his own son without knowing how many people he is hurting especially his grandson YS. He  knows YS is living with guilt feeling, he is having a hard time, actually all his life he had, always escaping to alcohol. 
It is really sad that in life the young has to pay for the arrogance and ignorance of the adults. Both parents and grandpa hurt three kids, one of them ended dying and the two other developed disorders. and now YS and HD are heartbroken entangled with guilt feelings. 
Grandpa you don't have that much time left so don't play with the lives of the these two love birds!   ~X(
ScreenShot2015-02-28at2.58.15PM.png
ScreenShot2015-02-28at2.58.55PM.png

Guest mnori80

@padhari‌ & @klgirl‌ tq for the recaps..heartbreaking ...sad..n can't wait for another Friday to come...

So after looking at the subbed episode on viki (it was at 92% the last time I watched). Butler Ahn is in deed for HD and YS to stay together. He told her so in the car (thanks for those that translated, you were spot on) that he wanted her to stay by his side and to forget the past and move on. She had nothing to be guilty for. GPa of course met HD to find out what she remembered and since she said only a bit he gave her money to leave from YS side so that she nor he can remember who is at fault really.  Both of them feel guilt (HD because she was blamed and taken away in the police car.) (YS because he could not save his brother and he put him in the barrel with his feelings of wanting him to disappear and HD and her grandmother enduring the blame on the incident not to mention knowing that this is what caused her issues.)  Butler Ahn on a few occasions in this episode tried to reason with GPa to tell the truth about who really caused that fire but Gpa wants to cover the issue up and not say anything protecting someone and keeping HD and YS apart. Butler Ahn just like YS and the Professor feel it is time to let the truth out and be set free from it but Gpa is stead fast in hiding it.

His meeting with HD proved in his dialogue that he wants it to all go away and her as a reminder as well still putting the blame on her for everyone else when he knows she is not the culprit. ( at least that is what I took from that convo)

Gpa:"it would have been good if it remained buried." (he is the one that uncovered it!)
Gpa: "What good it do if we keep picking at the wounds for all of us?" (only he is picking at it along with his DIL)
HD: " I am so sorry that even saying I am sorry is not enough. I don't know what to say." (not much more she can say..)
HD:" I am really , really sorry" (no more of this, she was 6 and ended up taking the fall for this.)
Gpa: "Do you remember that event?" (see this right here is suspicious to me. Why keep asking her.. what are you not wanting her to remember? IF he had shut up none of this would have happen. He blurted it out. OF course it needs to come out since it is like a huge boil that needs to be lanced.)
HD: " Only very little." (she was traumatized by this event..)
Gpa: "No use nitpicking at who is to blame now." (but he is the one that nitpicked at her being the blame for this.)
Gpa: "for over 20 years paying the price for the wrongs that were done,we have lived with a huge weight on our hearts." (ok, what about this little girl, she paid the price for something that may not have really been her fault.)
Gpa: "Wouldn't it be ok to live without that weight from now on?" (but you are pushing the weight on her Again!! By paying her off and wanting her to go away AGAIN!!! He is only thinking about himself and his family what about her and YS is not going to have the weight of guilt lifted!!!)
Gpa: "now let's forget all about it." (who can do that since the can of worms was open?)
Gpa: "YS, your past with him forget everything. Live your life now. (HOW, you put the guilt on her!!! Translation leave my grandson alone and get out of our sight.)

then he gives her a packet of money that she does not want to accept saying:
Gpa:" use this to cover your moving expenses." (translation: get the hell out of town and away from us.. out of our sight AGAIN!.)

The father has guilt about not saving the child (not sure if the subs are right on this or not) or if he had something to do with the fire itself.  I have to wonder if dad or mom are the cause. Either way the episode was way too heartbreaking.

I loved SR in this episode. She was supporting her brother and trying to support HD as well. Going to her house to wait on her worried about her and fussing at DS to make an effort to keep tabs on her (of course only until her brother gets over the shock) so that she is ok. I also enjoyed their interactions SR is the right one for DS..

YS was true to form and had Gpa not had the heart attack and been so stubborn to not want to see HD as a reminder of what happen (she is not to blame I do not think) they would be back together already.

What Gpa fails to see is you can not put this back in the bag and cover it up. He opened the box and now the truth is going to come out. He is not aware of DS yet looking into this but whoever he is protecting the truth will come out about this..(I kind of wish it was Gpa who was at fault.)

Sub/dialogue credit viki subbers from the Heart to Heart team.

@Ldy Gmerm

For me it became clear that someone else is at real fault when at the end of the episode butler Ahn directly told GPa that this is YS life and the I should let YS know who is at real fault.
Also when DS was looking at the case, if I am not wrong they found a lighter as the cause of the fire not match box. So definitely it is the father or another man. with the context I strongly think it was the father.

I don't understand why the dad would the light fire but at this points its apparent he did.  I don't know much about it, but maybe he has pyromania like that guy from the one episode.  He saw what Young Ji did and maybe he felt compelled to start one too?  

Intimate said: I don't understand why the dad would the light fire but at this points its apparent he did.  I don't know much about it, but maybe he has pyromania like that guy from the one episode.  He saw what Young Ji did and maybe he felt compelled to start one too?  

Ah, this drama make me speechless. How can my guess about YS's contribution in IS's death is come true? And what is drama in this week(KMHM and HTH? Why they having "Last Date" session? Oh. God know how much i hate noble idiocy but why noble idiocy in this drama is logically must happen?
After this, i smelling that we'll have time jump.
~X( ~X(

Wel this was another tedious wasted weekend. It's very clear that she DIDN'T start the fire, 99.99% certain the deadbeat Dad did instead. That means that the last 3 episodes have been utterly pointless, just misery and melodarma thrown in to pad out the required number of episodes. The Drama was positively humming along until episode 11, when clearly they realised. "HO LEE SHI IT we're going to finish 2 weeks early - quick, someobody make up some cra.ppy collection of K Drama clichés to drag this thing out to 16!" 
Absolutely NOTHING of the whole fire whodunnit story was needed here. A simple accident, such as happens all the time, leaving the victims traumatised, would have fitted perfectly with the theme of healing the Drama had been pursuing,  We could then have done without all the makjang screaming - harabeoji heart attacks, mad mother meltdowns and of course the inevitable noble idiocy. Whenever I've complained, as in the Legendary Witch thread, about the nasty K Drama trope of bringing back characters from the dead, a common reply is - "if you don't see a body, they're not dead" Well guess what people, we ain't seen a body HERE! The return of the undead Hyeong would be the icing on the turd cake this Drama's become. I'm sticking around to see if they really do stoop that low!  :))

Wow, what a great drama. Honestly, I didn't think much of it going by the synopsis but I'm so glad I gave it a try. What a shame more people aren't watching it. It's quirky and totally original. They've done such a great job with the casting. I don't know the name of the lead but she's excellent, very expressive and authentic. It's sad at times, especially with how debilitating her condition can be, but the light humour they have throughout balances it nicely and I can't believe how quick they were to sleep together in only the fourth episode!! It was so sweet especially when she went home and hid in the cupboard afterwards! 8->

I'm only on the fifth episode so I haven't read the whole thread, I don't want spoilers. It's tough though, I feel like it's heading towards a bittersweet ending. At this stage, I'm undecided on who she should end up with. I like both leads.

Anyway, I won't comment again until I'm caught up. Sorry for intruding on the thread.

And I think I've fallen in love with the soundtrack. I'm going to have to see if I can download it somewhere.

Guest dzareth_8651

The last five minutes of episode 14 was probably the hardest part for me to watch so far. The sequence was very simple. We saw HD leaving her house to see YS who was waiting on the river blocks with a bouquet of flowers. A stranger might think think of them as a pair going on a first date. But we and HD know better.

I thought the break up was beautifully done despite the absence of the word break up or separate or letting go etc. A couple comfortable walking hand-in-hand, quietly telling the other how they should move on. One can sense that HD is emotionally stronger between the two. During the last hug we see HD holding back to make it less difficult for YS since HD once said that she will be beside YS until he decides to stop meeting. And his presence at that moment was to do exactly that.

I liked how it was silent between the last kiss and letting go (no background music). And I find it agonizingly comforting that the last words they hear from each other is "I love you". Nothing else needs to be said. And unlike other k-drama it was a painfully honest break up. No misunderstanding and especially no handing over to the-person-who-will-bring-you-happiness-since-I-am-unable-to-do-so.

Wonderful performances from CKH & CJM but IMO the moment hands down belong to CJM. When he appeared with the bouquet, he successfully conveyed looks of longing, tenderness, helplessness and sorrowful restraint. And the myriad of emotions when he heard HD saying "I love you". I could almost hear what he is arguing inside his head, where the unfortunate outcome is a broken man.

As it stands, I see HD cured of her social phobia and her severe blushes are at least under control. She will integrate well with society. YS is yet to be healed as he still has to deal with the denials within his family. Is YS going to spiral down further? Or will the journey to recovery (and reconciliation) begin?

Archived