Add and Subtract Game

Admin

27 minutes ago, partyon said:

Was only responding to your post where you wrote (and I quote):

"No one thinks LMH is large."

I have no idea what you're referring to..

I get it I get it. I was referring to his face. I didn't have any dirty thoughts until I saw your post. LOL. 

Ok I'm watching the latest ep of welcome to samdalri. I really want to know why they have made this drama. What is the purpose of making such a drama?? And why did Ji chang wook agreed to act in this drama? What did he see in this plot that made him sign up for this show? This drama has nothing new to bring to the table. I have already said this, but this drama should've been released 10 years back. Even if they are going to rehash the same old tropes from 10 years ago, they should atleast present it in a fun interesting way. But it is more worse. This drama is a total waste of money, energy, time and resources. They have this beautiful jeju background with lush scenery, they have enormous actors like JCW, shin hye sun and the healer ahjumma, they could have made a brilliant drama with them. Sighhhwhat a waste. 

Oh that became a long rant. Sorry. But I had to get that off my chest. 

• LOL 5

11 hours ago, kokodus said:

I get it I get it. I was referring to his face. I didn't have any dirty thoughts until I saw your post. LOL. 

Sorry, couldn't resist it, Ms. Koko. :D

11 hours ago, kokodus said:

They have this beautiful jeju background with lush scenery, they have an enormous actors like JCW, shin hye sun and the healer ahjumma, they could have made a brilliant drama with them. Sighhhwhat a waste. 

Oh that became a long rant. Sorry. But I had to get that off my chest. 

Love your post about Welcome to Samdalri. Am watching the drama now on SUPER SUPER SUPER FF speed. One episode is completed in 2 minutes.

I don't understand how it's gaining ratings, when it's such a boring and uninspiring drama that is not bringing anything new to the table. Am extremely disappointed oppa signed up for it. Am not even enjoying his acting in it that much.

And I don't like the female lead character. At all.

I finished The Day of the Kidnapping - AMAZING drama. :glasses:

I dropped Marry My Husband. I just couldn't with @confusedheart's new oppa. His character is so boring seriously.

Knight Flower was okay, but it's a sageuk and I will probably drop it. Not sure what to watch except for My Happy Ending - am feeling a drama slump coming on. :bawling:

Switching back to Team Add!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, partyon said:

And neither is @Ameera Ali twin. She really hates leopard print

I know. She hates everything with a leopard print. :lol:

+2

42 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I'd like the poodle purse for myself, LOL!

Are you sure you don`t want the rabbit one too?

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

That little purse he took is the most discreet among his choices. :sweatingbullets: Great job with the outfit he chose. @CarolynH @rocher22 @rocat

1:02...is that a tie..I like it

3:04...even this outfit is good...the suit jacket with the t-shirt...

6ebe431a79b0c10051a2df3893b9aab6.jpg

@rocher22 subtracted in advance twice! :P 

58 minutes ago, partyon said:

I noticed :sweatingbullets: @rocher22 chingu, there is an unwritten rule here on this thread that one is not allowed to subtract or add twice consecutively.

I corrected it  :sweatingbullets: I know about the rule...:D 

58 minutes ago, partyon said:

Am sorry but Jung Yong Hwa seriously seems to raid my closet every time he appears in public. I have that type of jacket he's wearing (of course much more fitted and shorter - I love to wear it with blue jeans too). :joy:

Since him and I seem to have similar fashion style, should I steal him from @nohamahamoud2002 and make him my oppa? He has abs.... :naughty:

:lol:  :lol:

GDoRtoNasAAmZQ_?format=jpg&name=small

• Shocked 2
  • Blob 2

12 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

3:04...even this outfit is good...the suit jacket with the t-shirt...

It looks like my grandpa's pyjamas. :surprisedwut:

I corrected it  :sweatingbullets: I know about the rule...:D 

Chingu! :what!:Are you saying that you.....tried to cheat......? Omo!

Robin Williams Omg GIF by Laff

Nice suit :glasses:

Anyone planning on checking out A Shop for Killers starring @Ameera Ali's Lee Dong Wook oppa? It premieres on Wednesday. He normally picks pretty good dramas, and it doesn't seem to be a romance drama either. The FL played the psycho serial killer in Inspector Koo.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, partyon said:

It looks like my grandpa's pyjamas.

Are those not pijamas? I think they are.

15 minutes ago, partyon said:

Anyone planning on checking out A Shop for Killers starring @Ameera Ali's Lee Dong Wook oppa?

Looks interesting. I suspect there is a lot of violence in it. That is not what I want to see but a girl fighting those killers sounds fun.

+2

• Blob 3

I find this movie interesting. Hopefully Disney tells it as it is.

it is an exciting trailer...I like the actor.. 0:07...  

Is this a remake of the movie Shogun with Richard Chamberlain...

17 minutes ago, partyon said:

Chingu! :what!:Are you saying that you.....tried to cheat......? Omo!

chingu....Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I didnt even think, I just subtracted the numbers automatically...:D

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

6 minutes ago, larus said:

Looks interesting. I suspect there is a lot of violence in it. That is not what I want to see but a girl fighting those killers sounds fun.

I like action dramas, so am okay with it. Lee Dong Wook is a good actor, and I thought the FL did a good job in Inspector Koo. Hoping it will be a good drama, because I have nothing else lined up...

Doctor Slump is premiering on Jan 27. It stars my Park Hyung Sik oppa and Park Shin Hye, but the story just sounds so outdated. And they play high school students at some point. Sorry, but neither look like high school students anymore. :unamused:

Only interesting character seems to be played by Yoon Park:

2w3yJw_2f.png

Apparently he plays a divorced single dad raising a daughter by himself. He is also a rival surgeon to the leads.

If this drama were only about his character, I would probably watch it. Sounds so much more interesting than the main plot.

3 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I didnt even think, I just subtracted the numbers automatically...:D

It's okay, chingu. But I'll be keeping an eye on your math for a while. :tongue:

Watching I See You GIF

Just kidding - LOL

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

2 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I didnt even think, I just subtracted the numbers automatically...

I know what you mean. I add sometimes in other event threads but then, I check if there is the right thread. :lol:

+2

• LOL 3
  • Blob 1

41 minutes ago, partyon said:

don't understand how it's gaining ratings

It's gaining ratings?!?! Please nooo.... then they will start making more dramas like this......I'm worried for k-romcom world. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Blob 1

4 minutes ago, larus said:

I know what you mean. I add sometimes in other event threads but then, I check if there is the right thread. :lol:

Ms. Koko puts "-2" at the end of every post - regardless of which thread on the forum she's posting in. :D

3 minutes ago, kokodus said:

It's gaining ratings?!?! Please nooo.... then they will start making more dramas like this......I'm worried for k-romcom world. 

It hit double digit ratings this weekend for the first time... :cries3:

Sigh - I wish Yoon Park would get more male lead roles.

XdKPNZ_2f.png

Am really interested to see him play a dad.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, partyon said:

Apparently he plays a divorced single dad raising a daughter by himself. He is also a rival surgeon to the leads.

I wish dramas would give the side characters something important to do or a plot on their own. It is a pity that in many dramas, they are undeveloped. I don`t want to see another romance with the leads knowing each other from childhood. Please, stop. What a lasy writing! It is harder to develop a romance from zero but they use this trop and make their job easier. 

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

6 minutes ago, larus said:

I wish dramas would give the side characters something important to do or a plot on their own. It is a pity that in many dramas, they are undeveloped. I don`t want to see another romance with the leads knowing each other from childhood. Please, stop. What a lasy writing! It is harder to develop a romance from zero but they use this trop and make their job easier. 

I agree with this. And I feel like it's always the same formula used.

Why couldn't the drama e.g. be about Yoon Park playing a divorced single dad who is a surgeon and goes up against his surgeon rivals while trying to juggle the life of being a good dad to his daughter in her early teens? We know how difficult a surgeon's job is and how much he/she has to work. I would find that type of drama so much more interesting than a common romcom we've seen a thousand times before.

Also, Yoon Park is a talented actor and I have always enjoyed his portrayals in kdramas. Give the man some lead roles already.

Kwakkie too :rage:

Angry Over It GIF by Sisters

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

5 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I like the leads and I wanted to watch this drama but I read some not so good reviews. I saw that the ratings are up and I really wondered if I should try it.

I will look for another rom com. I am not very optimist about rom com world. I don`t watch many but I know that many of those dramas are full of old clichees.

+2

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Blob 2

2 minutes ago, larus said:

I like the leads and I wanted to watch this drama but I read some not so good reviews. I saw that the ratings are up and I really wondered if I should try it.

Don't bother :unamused: It sucks

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

4 minutes ago, larus said:

like the leads and I wanted to watch this drama but I read some not so good reviews. I saw that the ratings are up and I really wondered if I should try it.

I will look for another rom com. I am not very optimist about rom com world. I don`t watch many but I know that many of those dramas are full of old clichees.

I don't know maybe in Korea they are liking this show....I can't wrap my head around how anyone would find this drama interesting. High ratings in the beginning makes sense as it has star studded cast but it can only take you so far. I dont know.

The quality of romcoms are detoriating.  I really hope the writers and creators think out of the box while still keeping the essence of kdramas. I dont want them to be too westernized either. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

17 minutes ago, kokodus said:

The quality of romcoms are detoriating.  I really hope the writers and creators think out of the box while still keeping the essence of kdramas.

I read not so good things about King of Land also and it had high ratings. I wonder why also. I thought the public liked the actors also and not the plot.

I can`t say that rom coms are deteriorating. I say they don`t evolve maybe that`s why there is a feel of oldfashion. But I am not an expert. I am not a fan of the genre so I did not watch many.

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 2

41 minutes ago, partyon said:

Only interesting character seems to be played by Yoon Park:

Another supporting role for Park Yoon...sighh...

37 minutes ago, partyon said:

Am really interested to see him play a dad.

He was a single dad in Please Send a Fan Letter...

FlTDXlbaAAAreR6?format=jpg&name=360x360

33 minutes ago, larus said:

I wish dramas would give the side characters something important to do or a plot on their own. It is a pity that in many dramas, they are undeveloped. 

In almost every drama, I like the supporting characters or the second couple...

I watched Love is For Suckers because of the second couple...

41482a2ade181ddb7f0787e4c14bedb6c689f587

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

1 minute ago, rocher22 said:

At least they had a story on their own and not only  pining after the leads, I assume. In other dramas, the second leads are useless.

+2

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

22 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Another supporting role for Park Yoon...sighh...

Yes, it's too sad, chingu. :tears: I first saw him in a drama in 2014 when he was playing the eldest son in weekend drama What Happens to My Family.

3oOnvf.jpg

Funnily enough his younger brother in the drama was played by Park Hyung Sik oppa (my first encounter with him as an actor as well). PHS oppa started getting ML roles quickly after this, but poor Yoon Park is still stuck in supporting roles.

:crymeme:

22 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

This was my favorite couple! I wish they had skipped the main couple and focused only on Chef John and the webtoon artist. :wub:

18 minutes ago, larus said:

At least they had a story on their own and not only  pining after the leads, I assume. In other dramas, the second leads are useless.

We only got crumbs, but the crumbs we got were amazing!

:shaq:

516 C

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1