Add and Subtract Game

Admin

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

hi chingus, long time no see!!

Yes, where have you been chingu? :crybaby:

Are you watching any dramas? I'm watching Doctor Cha, Secret Garden, Family and a Japanese dorama called Crime Family.

Working on an event. :tightdeadline:

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

12 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Youth In The Flames of War

Stinky Fried Tofu.

One of my favourite fermented foods.

I ve heard several interesting and also icky stories about how it came to be, one of which is a result of classic absentmindedness.

Suits me perfectly now that I tend to forget things…

I usually have kimchi, cheese, kumbucha, sauerkraut, miso, sourdough in my fridge at any one time but not stinky tofu cos it doesn’t work the same way as the rest unless I feel like living life on the edge. 

if you enjoy fermented foods, you can give it a try! 

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

3 minutes ago, rocat said:

One of my favourite fermented foods.

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

I was trying to avoid stinky tofu stalls in Taiwan, but to no avail. They are everywhere. Right @agenth?:crybaby:

4 minutes ago, rocat said:

if you enjoy fermented foods, you can give it a try! 

Salted and fermented food is great but one should eat it in moderation as it has been shown to increase the risk of getting stomach cancer. Gastric cancers are much more common in East Asian populations than the rest of the world. South Korea has the highest rates of stomach cancer in the world. This is at least partially due to salted fermented food being so popular.

@larus Did you give up on BTS school? We were gonna work on Jimin next.

:twerk2:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Yes, where have you been chingu?

busy with work, managing my life and house maintenance issues.. lol

i had some ceiling mold problems, called in pest control, scheduling with the govt agency to do concrete spallings (in a few weeks) and full sealers and paintings in the month to come.. busy busy busy..

flying easy money GIF by Kochstrasse™

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Are you watching any dramas? I'm watching Doctor Cha, Secret Garden, Family and a Japanese dorama called Crime Family.

i'm watching Doctor Cha.. hahaha i took part in the drama thread poll secretly too!

i dropped Pandora.. and am watching Teacher Kim 3, and this other mini series called Twentieth 20

1 hour ago, rocat said:

but not stinky tofu

i love the taiwanese stinky tofu

Fire Plotting GIF by Studio Redfrog

*glances at @partyon

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

36 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i love the taiwanese stinky tofu

Why am I not surprised. :D You and I rarely like the same things - haha.

Do you like popcorn? I like popcorn - way more than chips.

Quick-Easy-popcorn.jpg

I like to pop them myself in a pan on the stove. I found an organic brand that produces the tastiest popcorn ever. :love:

i had some ceiling mold problems, called in pest control, scheduling with the govt agency to do concrete spallings (in a few weeks) and full sealers and paintings in the month to come.. busy busy busy..

Full renovation then?

i'm watching Doctor Cha.. hahaha i took part in the drama thread poll secretly too!

Nice! Did you already watch this week's episodes? I haven't watched them because I am still trying to get through ep 2 of Family. :grimace: The kid in the family is not my cup of tea. Sorry.

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

Happy Sunday everyone!

@rocher22 @rocat @sadthe1st Stinky tofu is one of the banes of my existence. The other is Play-Doh. They both make me angry.

Omo, I just stumbled upon this reel of Lee Jong Suk dancing to Dynamite. So adorable! I've watched it about 10 times already.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrIKPv4J7Um/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• LOL 5
  • Thirsty 1

3 minutes ago, partyon said:

Also, when are you going to change your name to @sweetroad ?

Done!

I've been thinking about it for a while. The underscore was hard to always type out wasn't it, chingu? :joy:

Hubby gets home today so hoping to catch up on dramas soon. Between doing all the shopping, cleaning, cooking, and working it's been a tiring week. I got 4 hours and 40 minutes of deep sleep last night! :scream:

Are you watching Family on HITV or on other platforms? :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1

6 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

The underscore was hard to always type out wasn't it, chingu?

Yes - we are lazy here, you know :joy: Your new name @sweetroad is very cool chingu! :kiss_wink:

Omo! You got less than 5 hours of sleep last night. Hopefully you can catch up on your beauty sleep soon. :heartxoxo:

Am watching it on HITV - haven't found good subs anywhere else. Can't watch ep 3 and 4 without downloading the app, though, so am gonna wait until they are available on the website.

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

25 minutes ago, partyon said:

Why am I not surprised. :D You and I rarely like the same things - haha.

Do you like popcorn? I like popcorn - way more than chips.

you're darn accurate on this! i prefer chips to popcorns hahaha

maxresdefault.jpg

cr.: owner

Full renovation then?

nope, need to remove the loose concrete, apply chemicals, then patch back with cement again.

the painting company will come after that to do the anti mold sealer for ceiling and oil base sealer for walls before another 3 coats of fresh paint

Nice! Did you already watch this week's episodes?

i did.. can't wait for tonight's episode!

i didn't start on Family.. maybe cos the eng subs didn't come right on time for ep1 so i got bored and skipped it.. haha

13 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

The other is Play-Doh

why play doh??

cos they stained the clothes?

how about slimes? kids are making a lot of crazy slimes these days.. some look so fluffy and delicious i was tempted to try but i managed to stop myself.. i want to try resin art instead.. but haven't got time, as usual

81EeeHK13oL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

cr.: owner

7 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

I've been thinking about it for a while.

grats to a new name!!

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Salted and fermented food is great but one should eat it in moderation as it has been shown to increase the risk of getting stomach cancer. Gastric cancers are much more common in East Asian populations than the rest of the world. South Korea has the highest rates of stomach cancer in the world. This is at least partially due to salted fermented food being so popular.

Salted/preserved food is not healthy. Fermented food is a little different-it has a life of its own and typically contains probiotics good for the digestive system. It’s true though that everything needs to be taken in moderation. 

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

taiwanese stinky tofu

Sheldon Cooper Reaction GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

14 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

Stinky tofu is one of the banes of my existence. The other is Play-Doh. They both make me angry.

Star Wars Dogs GIF
in my head, you’re doing this…keke

26 minutes ago, partyon said:

to pop them myself in a pan on the stove. I found an organic brand that produces the tastiest popcorn ever.

I am a big fan of popcorn and pretzels! 
I ve never been able to pop them with some charring though - what’s the brand that’s tasty? Pray tell…

pop wow GIF by Metcalfe's Skinny Popcorn

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1

17 minutes ago, partyon said:

Omo! You got less than 5 hours of sleep last night. Hopefully you can catch up on your beauty sleep soon.

I got 8 hours and 44 mins of sleep last night, but 4 hours and 40 minutes of *deep* sleep - amazing! That's how tired I was I guess!

17 minutes ago, partyon said:

Am watching it on HITV - haven't found good subs anywhere else. Can't watch ep 3 and 4 without downloading the app, though, so am gonna wait until they are available on the website.

Good to know.

15 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

you're darn accurate on this! i prefer chips to popcorns hahaha

I like them both. :crybaby:

nope, need to remove the loose concrete, apply chemicals, then patch back with cement again.

the painting company will come after that to do the anti mold sealer for ceiling and oil base sealer for walls before another 3 coats of fresh paint

That sounds like a long process! Hope it goes well. B)

why play doh??

When Play-Doh is smeared onto tables it is so messy and hard to clean up! Doughy crumbs everywhere that have to get scraped off, then the table has to be thoroughly wiped down. Plus, the colors only stay themselves for one or two uses, since every kid likes to mix them up. So then you have to put them back into the container looking funky, and put the lid back on, which later becomes completely inaccurate as to indicating what color is in the container. At least if you're working with real dough and cleaning it up afterward you have bread or cinnamon rolls as a finished product. With Play-Doh you only have gross-looking play dough and finished products that get thrown away after they harden. I get that it's good for the motor skills and sensory experiences of the kids, but as a mom I passionately hate Play-Doh.

I was going to give you a short answer but then couldn't help keeping going...! :joy:

Not sure about slimes and resins...probably wouldn't be a fan of those either. But the packaging is always so inviting and pretty. :lol:

11 minutes ago, rocat said:

in my head, you’re doing this…keke

Haha yes! Keep it all away!

@larus and @partyon Woo hoo! Let BTS school continue!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1

12 minutes ago, rocat said:

Salted/preserved food is not healthy. Fermented food is a little different-it has a life of its own and typically contains probiotics good for the digestive system.

Yes, it's the combo of the salted and fermented food which is dangerous. This would be like kimchi, sauerkraut, soybean pastes, etc. It's the excessive salt and by-product ethyl carbamate which makes it carcinogenic. 

Fermentation in itself is not bad - cheese is fermented as is wine e.g. It's when it's combined with salt when issues arise. So yes, moderation is key. As with all foods. :kiss_wink:

17 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i didn't start on Family.. maybe cos the eng subs didn't come right on time for ep1 so i got bored and skipped it.. haha

I've been watching ep 2 for 24 hours now.

Michael Scott Grimace GIF

12 minutes ago, rocat said:

I ve never been able to pop them with some charring though - what’s the brand that’s tasty? Pray tell…

It's a local brand. I would say though that overall you may want to try to find organic popcorn, because I've generally found them tastier.

Turn the heat on pretty high and pour veggie oil into the pan. Put a couple of kernels in and once they start popping, pour an even coat of kernels into the bottom of the pan. Close the lid and shake the pan a bit around every 5-10 seconds until they start popping. When they start popping, lower the heat. Take the pan off the heat before they stop popping (so when they aren't popping as much anymore but some are still popping). Open the lid and add the salt.

Voilà!

perfect-stovetop-popcorn-1200-featured.j

Perfect every time ! And so much healthier than the microwave ones.

@larus So Jimin it is?

28fc7928bc8feb5d634d15d4143e096d32-jimin

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Thirsty 1

4 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

I got 8 hours and 44 mins of sleep last night, but 4 hours and 40 minutes of *deep* sleep - amazing! That's how tired I was I guess!

Lucky! I usually sleep only 4-5 hours. Today I was awake at 3 AM.

+2

• Shocked 5
  • Thirsty 1

In The Year 2000: Fashion Predications from 1939

Some predictions became true. :w00t:

8 minutes ago, partyon said:

Find Jimin!

You did not present me Jimin. You gave me a picture a long time ago.

Let say.... in pic 1 the second from the right.  RM is next to him (3rd from the right)< V and Yoongi, the first two from the left.

Pic 2

Firt row, Suga and Jimin

Pic 3 In the center, the blond guy? RM the last guy (platinum blond), with the V sign, Yoongi the first guy (left) and V in the opposite direction, the first (right).

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

13 minutes ago, partyon said:

n. Put a couple of kernels in and once they start popping, pour an even coat of kernels into the bottom of the pan. Close the lid and shake the pan a bit around every 5-10 seconds until they start popping. When they start popping, lower the heat. Take the pan off the heat before they stop popping (so when they aren't popping as much anymore but some are still popping). Open the lid and add the salt.

Awesome! 
I do the same except the shaking bit. likely why I get charring!

does yours pop into mushrooms or butterflies? 

I remember hauling back a packet from the US …Amish organic…bloomed into charred mushrooms! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1