Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@joccu That was very close. I hope you got a good president in any case.

You know I was just thinking today that it must be a big shame for Thai actresses that there are so few works available for them nowadays. Since Thailand is only pushing out BL shows (look at GMMTV e.g.), there are very few opportunities for women to get work in a drama. Not really fair, is it?

• Blob 1

It really was. I think people are going to talk about this while because the other candidate is gay. This was the third time he lost. This time it was so close but still so far. 

our new president is pretty good. He is 55 years old. He was prime minister. He has good values.  He is really good speaker. So he is probably going to be really good president. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

15 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Why? I thought that drama was hilarious.

Him stealing his son's girlfriend was no bueno :unamused:

15 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I have not seen this one. Let me guess, Your honor, is this about lawyers? Please I'm done with procedural dramas. Way too many lawyer dramas in kdramaland. I'm sick of them. 

Well yes in a way. He plays a judge, but it's not a typical lawyer drama - at all. @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng also loves this drama and has rewatched it multiple times.

It's actually about a set of twins. One is a straight A student who does well and becomes a judge. Mom favors this twin.

Second twin is a delinquent who goes in and out of jail.

One day judge twin disappears, and delinquent twin is in a pickle because bad guys are chasing him, so he assumes his twin brother's identity. And finds himself a judge. :joy:

So listen, Ms. Koko. This drama is actually quite deep and super heartfelt. It has romance and slice of life, and it has a great message and character development. It's not that political even though it has a couple of bad guys. I just loved it so much already back in 2018. Even the romance was cute :wub:

I think you would enjoy it. Oppa plays a set of twins; he plays them so differently (even on mannerism level) that you actually believe they are 2 different people. Oppa is a great actor!

Delinquent twin:

tumblr_pdja36dG5g1wsuo8ro1_500.gifv

Straight A twin:

30000608550_700.jpg

Straight A twin on the left, Delinquent twin on the right:

VD14330392_w640.jpg

The story focuses for the most part on Delinquent twin. PS. There is a nice kissing scene in this drama. 💋

644 C

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

@joccu Listen, I don't mind BL dramas. But the problem is that the Thai BL dramas aren't even well made. It just follows the same formula of high school or university students.

Taiwan has taken it to the next level and is actually producing BL dramas with real adult stories.

If Thailand can give me a cheating husband BL drama, I won't mind. But I do miss seeing some of our lovely Thai actresses on screen. Too much of one thing is never good.

@kokodus @confusedheart Added Yoon Shi Yoon oppa to the poll :wub:

kVH1537339373287-cr.jpg

Look how cute he is!!!!

Tonight Show Love GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, partyon said:

Him stealing his son's girlfriend was no bueno

Please he was a kid himself when he gets transported to the future....same age as his son, how can we expect him to have fatherly feelings towards a guy the same age as him. LOL. Plus it was not his son's girlfriend...son had a crush. If I remember correctly the female lead never had feelings for the son.

Son never had a chance when father looks this hot. LOLOL. 

76b71a83620328e1fbb351a1e5b43bec.gif

Ctto

16 minutes ago, partyon said:

So listen, Ms. Koko. This drama is actually quite deep and super heartfelt. It has romance and slice of life, and it has a great message and character development. It's not that political even though it has a couple of bad guys. I just loved it so much already back in 2018. Even the romance was cute

Fine you have convinced me. LOL. Its there in amazon prime in all our regional languages like hindi tamil and telugu but not in korean. Sigh. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

1 minute ago, kokodus said:

Please he was a kid himself when he gets transported to the future....same age as his son, how can we expect him to have fatherly feelings towards a guy the same age as him. LOL. Plus it was not his son's girlfriend...son had a crush. If I remember correctly the female lead never had feelings for the son. 

Oh c'mon Ms. Koko! It was so clear that they changed the script midway! Son and girlfriend were end game, until people started shipping oppa with her in ep 7.

Ultimate Cardboard Oppa was already super cardboard in that drama btw. I remember wondering where the heck they had found him 'cause I wasn't sure what he was trying to portray. @confusedheart

:loolz:

• LOL 1
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Son never had a chance when father looks this hot. LOLOL. 

Yes, agree! Dabong Oppa was hot! But it wasn't right to steal his son's girlfriend. 😒

c00f23008ca20dbc7d9429ddc5d3b953.gif?typ

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

6 minutes ago, partyon said:

Oh c'mon Ms. Koko! It was so clear that they changed the script midway! Son and girlfriend were end game, until people started shipping oppa with her in ep 7.

Can't blame them. They had chemistry!!! Lol.

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

Yes, agree! Dabong Oppa was hot! But it wasn't right to steal his son's girlfriend

She was not his girlfriend!!!!

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

6 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Can't blame them. They had chemistry!!! Lol.

Oppa has chemistry with all of his co-stars.

Son and gf were endgame. There were a lot of scenes like this in the early episodes:

img.gif

Then midway the script change started:

img.gif

I just felt really sorry for the son. :tears: Am 100% sure the writer didn't intend to end it this way. Back in those days, they shot dramas as they were airing so script changes were normal based on viewer reactions.

Me with the ending of the drama :D

POraaMJ.gif

• LOL 3
  • Blob 1

Tagging @YongZura⁷ regarding @kokodus Ms. Koko's and my discussion about Hit The Top. Saw that you were active on the drama thread from 2017 as well. 

Did you like the ending? Ms. Koko and I can't agree if the ending was fitting to the drama or not (see our previous replies about the drama on this thread). :D

Poor Yoon Shi Yoon oppa. I don't think his ears are pierced IRL. 😬

TheBestHit31-00276.jpg?format=webp&width

PS. @kokodus found one of your posts on page 17 of the drama thread. Found one of mine on page 38. LOL :D

- no number -

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

@partyon I'm still so surprised to hear of K idols and major K actors chain-smoking. I guess to me, keeping your image squeaky-clean (which seems to be what the public demands) and keeping your body healthy means no smoking. But I know in Asia drinking and smoking are just more accepted in general.

The Eurovision entries are getting weird per usual. :lol: We finally got a new TV after going for 1.5 years without one, and I'm so excited to watch Eurovision at home this year.

• Confused 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

1 minute ago, sweetroad said:

We finally got a new TV after going for 1.5 years without one, and I'm so excited to watch Eurovision at home this year.

You had no TV?

Jennifer Lawrence Laughing GIF by Sony Pictures

• Sad 2
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 2

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

You had no TV?

Yeah, my kid swung the remote around too close to the TV and unsurprisingly hit it by accident, which made the TV crack on the inside and stop working. 580€ down the toilet in a matter of seconds. :( We didn't replace it until now, when we found out our phone plan includes a free tablet or TV! Yes please!

Are you doing anything for Mardi Gras/ Carnaval?

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

16 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

580€ down the toilet in a matter of seconds. :(

Omo! Glad you’re getting a new one!

Eurovision is on a roll!

I Love You Flirt GIF by NETFLIX
(tagging @larus because of her Eurovision oppa)

@sweetroad you mean for the upcoming Shrove Tuesday and all the celebrations?

It’s International Pancake day, chingu!!!

Looking At You What GIF by Sesame Street

Am gonna stuff myself with pancakes :yum:

crepes GIF
Ok, I will eat crêpes. I prefer crêpes. Plus it’s more European to eat crêpes. Also, they’re pancakes too! I love them with lemon and sugar :wub:

You?

Have you ever been to Carnival celebrations in Germany or the Netherlands? Or in Italy or France? Venice is amazing 

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

23 minutes ago, partyon said:

You?

Kids have a 5-day weekend so we're just chilling. I'm not a fan of parades or dressing up or candy being thrown at us from parade participants! (grumpy)

episode 5 santa GIF

We do have pancakes here, too! And a lot of fried dough.  :fullofhearts:

Re-watching Extraordinary Attorney Woo with a friend. The actors are all nailing their roles.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

5 hours ago, partyon said:

PS. @kokodus found one of your posts on page 17 of the drama thread. Found one of mine on page 38. LOL :D

Wow I have just said the same exact things about their characters 7 years back too. LOL. I almost believed you when you said they changed the script midway, but after seeing that I have shipped them from the beginning, that means there have been hints from the start.

LOL this is soooo funny. Hahahahaha

• LOL 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

14 hours ago, kokodus said:

Poor In seo is having it hard. This is the problem with nice kids, they are too sensitive to others feelings that they dont open up about theirs. He didnt even do anything wrong. Sigh. He should learn from Mina on how to be shameless. LOL. I understand where his mom is coming from, but she should trust him more. This is the problem with Asian parents, they are never ready to let go of our hands. Sighh. 

I found his arc one of the best parts of the drama especially it isn't something we see often in dramas. the problems iseo faces are very real and relatable. I loved that they didn't give him a romance and instead stuck with him having this growth arc where he finds value in himself and tries to figure out what he wants to do with his life.

I loved that he was average but he found hidden skills. it was also really lovely how the remarriage of his grandfather actually helps this family and his relationship with inseo blossoms as a result. so lots of good scenes for you to look forward to. and yes, eventually, his mother realizes how many parenting mistakes she made with inseo and she does apologize to him. they learn to find a middle ground where they can talk it out -- basically the road to a healthy adult child-parent relationship. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

@Lmangla @Ameera Ali The episode where I'm at all the three brothers' SOs have left them. Bad day for the geum Brothers. LOLOL. Papa Geum, who is the main reason why the Geum Brothers have turned out the way they are now, is happily married tho. Hahaha. This show is so funny. 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 3