Add and Subtract Game

Admin

8 hours ago, joccu said:

I think this song is going to be one of the most played song this week. 

Oh no, I did not realise she passed on the other day. I've always thought of her as that cool, buzz cut artist. :( I changed the reaction to your post as well.

20 hours ago, Lmangla said:

am still recovering from a severe food poisoning and so not much energy to post online

May you fully recover soon! I remember experiencing it years ago from a chicken dish bought from outside.

Sometimes, when eating out or ordering delivery, can't help but prefer the meals from popular fastfood chains because their goods are more likely than not freshly cooked and moving. 

Whatever I cooked would be in the fridge within 2hrs especially now that it's summer in the sandpit.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

6 hours ago, Dhakra said:

So, Lesson I, "Lieber einen Spatz in der Hand als eine Taube auf dem Dach". 

I know it! Es ist ein berümtes Sprichwort. 

:getmygrooveon:
It means that it is better to have/own something small that is good than to risk trying to get something bigger and better (as you might risk losing both).

4 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Unless its this pigeon ...

:unamused:

@Dhakra can you teach @LeftCoastOppa about the German saying “Einen Vogel haben” (meaning literally to have a bird) - but like in the context:

@LeftCoastOppa du hast doch wohl einen Vogel!

A pigeon.

200.gif?cid=09287e48s8346uuc6oskpz23y9ka

@rocat @MayanEcho Poor Peter, seems he hasn’t been getting a lot of roles since GPG and Oh My General.

:crybaby:

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Sometimes, when eating out or ordering delivery, can't help but prefer the meals from popular fastfood chains because their goods are more likely than not freshly cooked and moving. 

:scream:

Recommendations on where to have biryani in your area without the risk of getting food poisoning? Same goes for baklava?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

May you fully recover soon! I remember experiencing it years ago from a chicken dish bought from outside.

thanks; I also got it from outside food and all I had was flat bread (chappati)! I was trying to figure out what made me sick but my doctor said if I started feeling sick within 1 hour of eating, that was the bad food. 

I suspect now that we got old batch when we ordered. no one ate it on the first day. normally nothing happens to bread/chappati/naan/khubs as long you put it in fridge. but I turned out to be victim when I ate it next day. thankfully I was the only one in my family who ate it. 

but yea, just having meds and resting. feeling more better but not much appetite or strength to do anything.

I hope I can go back to enjoying food soon! 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 2

3 minutes ago, partyon said:

@Dhakra can you teach @LeftCoastOppa about the German saying “Einen Vogel haben” (meaning literally to have a bird) - but like in the context:

@LeftCoastOppa du hast doch wohl einen Vogel!

A pigeon in this context.

Oh we're speaking German now ....

Inzaghi, die Wundertaube!

Vincenzo' Episode 15: Inzaghi saving Song Joong-ki's Cassano would beat pig  blood bath scene any day | MEAWW

:kiss_wink:

+2

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

7 hours ago, Dhakra said:

+2

To ensure I will be here regularly, so my dear sister @kokodus won't go crazy without her dear brother, that she obviously love so, SO, much.  I am going to teach @partyon some german phrase or general sayings that I know. 

Awww so sweet. As long as you are around....

@gm4queen Tae was in Hwarang. I, myself, have not watched the show. But i heard he was good in there. I dont know. Dont ask me. 

Here is a clip .  Now before @Sleepy Owl comes after me...yes he was only 18 while doing this drama. I think his acting was pretty good. Pfft. 

• Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

10 hours ago, partyon said:

Poor Peter, seems he hasn’t been getting a lot of roles since GPG and Oh My General.

Competition is fierce in C-ent. The reasons can be his dramas or the roles aren't that remarkable, his acting didn't shine, or his agency isn't good in PR. The last one is very important, because if he isn't handled well, he will lose out. He should also be willing to try roles that might not be like his past work.

Uhm, one example would actually be Vengo. His role for Candle in the Tomb required him to look scruffy. He is very clean cut and neat looking in general, so to be considered to have a part for the drama, he didn't bath and shave for a couple days. Then he appeared again for audition. He gets the role, and he would eventually receive several acting awards for that role.

10 hours ago, partyon said:

Recommendations on where to have biryani in your area without the risk of getting food poisoning? Same goes for baklava?

Here are links where you can choose to buy your biryani. I haven't tried having in all these places, but I can vouch for the biryanis of Silver Spoon, Gazebo, and India Palace.

https://blog.raynatours.com/best-hyderabadi-biryani-in-dubai/

https://traveleronwheels.com/best-biryani-places-in-dubai/

https://shahrandining.com/hello-world/

https://www.dubaitravelplanner.com/best-biryani-in-dubai/

Spoiler

India Palace menu! Don't know where you're staying, but if you're visiting Dubai Mall, there's one at the ground floor. 

AF1QipMylNNxbbzRF8KhktZYoq6A2rjEp10suDEx

AF1QipMuwukpqJiyXcXorrM3fZKIcYj_y4B6a1vh

AF1QipMtDlAZ5W8s1aT02zuQ-H0v9wdLzfKq1s80

AF1QipPe48TUC0pQ6l1rCqfwg5nqnXqJTvgMsZbh

AF1QipP7SsxSGgvJLASi8lzKFvr1gjPa7Ns_LhOp

AF1QipN6jA6RUAqtp1sQwWxDbG5o2TQKikVhJB20

AF1QipPlXe-BlNtDoOZ2OPZd74bvGpEQjuLhmey2

We usually just buy our baklava or Arabic sweets in the Union Co-op stores, but here are links to places that you can visit:

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/listicles/top-10-places-for-the-most-amazing-and-authentic-baklava-in-uae?_refresh=true&amp=true

https://www.timeoutdubai.com/food-drink/arabic-sweets-dubai

@Lmangla gah, that chapati must be really old! And yeah, you get sick within the hour of eating it, non-stop puking which is very dangerous as it causes dehydration. 

Rest well and have your meds to recover soon!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

More like, Inzaghi, die lästige Taube!

So I was so close to giving you an awesome emoji for the Duck Hunt gif but then you called Inzaghi annoying ... so

:neutral:

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

I hope I can go back to enjoying food soon! 

Hope you feel better soon - are you showing up for Elegant Empire?

12 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Here are links where you can choose to buy your biryani. I haven't tried having in all these places, but I can vouch for the biryanis of Silver Spoon, Gazebo, and India Palace.

I gotta quit clicking food links after midnight - now I've got biryani on the brain

:headbang:

+2

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

11 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

So I was so close to giving you an awesome emoji for the Duck Hunt gif but then you called Inzaghi annoying ... so

Were you expecting me to call him something else? :joy:

Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

You should know by now that all EOs hate that pigeon!

:evilelmo:

• LOL 3

11 minutes ago, theopening hours said:

The breakfast buffet includes various delicious items such as waffles, croissants, oatmeal, scrambled eggs and more, which are sure to leave you feeling fully charged for the day ahead.

Nice. 

• LOL 3

20 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Hope you feel better soon - are you showing up for Elegant Empire?

yea will check it out as usual; am not watching any kdrama besides dailies. whether I stay or not depends on the initial episodes. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

38 minutes ago, theopening hours said:

Residence Inn breakfast hours by Marriott is an excellent choice for those who are looking for a complimentary breakfast option if they are residing near the hotel. The hotel offers a healthy and energizing breakfast experience to start your day.

The breakfast buffet includes various delicious items such as waffles, croissants, oatmeal, scrambled eggs and more, which are sure to leave you feeling fully charged for the day ahead.

Ok I need pics darling. 

21 minutes ago, partyon said:

LOL :D Replying to a spammer :D 

You should have asked for pics too for @LeftCoastOppa dongsaeng :D 

I have asked. But on the retrospect, I think we shouldn't do this to @Lmangla. Don't dangle delicious food in front of someone who just had food poisoning.  

• LOL 5
  • Blob 1

Today on our newspaper was an article about coffee prices on cafes, rest stop and restaurants. People were complaining about the high price of one cup of coffee in here.    

i’m curious how much one coffee cup or cappuccino cost in your countries? 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1