[Drama 2014] Pride and Prejudice 오만과 편견

jerebtang

(some translation)  I tried my best but many parts were unclear.   Oh well!!!
PP Teaser 3/EP01 Promo 30" 360p
http://youtu.be/VcYj_ksOcNQ    cr to @PolarisCat
(003) HYM “Can you give me this case (?) I’m in a hurry to learn about this job.”    (006) GDC “We dated before. She even confessed to me.” 
 (?) (008) MHM “You think you can be a prosecutor just making empty noise.”  (013) [A child disappeared. ]   (?) (013)    (019) [And 2 suspects]    (020) “ (? ….) Why don’t you believe me?”  (?) (022)       (024) MHM “It’s unnecessary to bring in 2 suspects and make such a commotion!!”
@chaybags55 said: @PolarisCat oh that 3rd teaser, the scenes are giving me adrenalin rush! Am sure there are many more exciting scenes in the coming days, I so love the way CJH gently warning BJH with that soft touch on her face is it a prelude to a more cute and romantic scenes between the two. CJH and the whole cast of PP, bring it own! Oh yeah!!!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chaybags55

@booha thanks and  many thanks  for the pictures, screencaps, eng translations for without them, how can we survive ..haha.. keep them coming chingu! 

class="content-title" style="font-size: 23px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Baek Jin Hee and Choi Jin Hyuk Show Great Chemistry on Set of “Pride and Prejudice”
Baek Jin Hee and Choi Jin Hyuk Show Great Chemistry on Set of “Pride and Prejudice”

Lead actors Baek Jin Hee and Choi Jin Hyuk are already showing great chemistry together for their upcoming drama “Pride and Prejudice.”

On October 21, “Pride and Prejudice” released behind-the-scenes stills of Baek Jin Hee and Choi Jin Hee shooting one of their scenes together.

In the stills, the two can be seen sharing drinks at a bar in Itaewon.

The drama’s production company Born Factory announced, “Despite being in the early stages of filming, Baek Jin Hee and Choi Jin Hyuk are already showing great chemistry like an actual couple.”

“Pride and Prejudice” is a romance drama about district attorneys who fight for real justice in a society ruled by corruption. It will air on October 27 following the completion of the currently-airing MBC drama “The Night Watchman.

baek jin hee choi jin hyuk

Credit Soompi

@ell4u

That's nice but the screencaps are property of @PolarisCat happy.gif

Guest thecandyce

Thank you so much @booha @MarjorieA @PolarisCat for the screencaps, for posting the teaser as well as the translations! I'll be following up with my usual recaps really soon.

But for starters, I feel like I sort of understand the possible flow of the storyline. A case that has it's statute of limitations up in 3 months, eh? And our little Han Yeol-moo is in a rush to solve it, too? Interesting trajectory. This is the best way to set the grounds for a thriller. I'll elaborate about it later in my recap. (I LOVE DRAMAS THAT USE THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS UGH THE THRILL)

On the flip side, of course, the most squee-worthy part is still Dong-chi touching Yeol-moo's cheek. Obviously it's some sort of stylistic cautionary statement, but really, how adorable ♥♥♥ Their chemistry is just flawless. Quoting @ell4u "chemistry, sparks, fire - everything" - perfectly put.

I love the stills of them sitting together before they became prosecutors, though. Both their expressions seem less guarded, less tense - I guess the years between their first meeting and them being put on the same team did some emotional damage to them. Then again, doing fieldwork always gives one emotional scars.

Will post up my recap soon!

Guest meomongco

PolarisCat said: PP Teaser 3/EP01 Promo 30" 360p
Hello @PolarisCat and @booha
Thank you very much for your updating video and your translation. I am looking forward to seeing the drama on 27th. 
Have a nice day!!!

MarjorieA said: class="content-title" style="font-size: 23px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Baek Jin Hee and Choi Jin Hyuk Show Great Chemistry on Set of “Pride and Prejudice”
Credit Soompi

Guest meomongco

booha said: According to another article those still cuts for the scene took a place in the western bar.  The first two pictures show they are having like the first date. The next two show them standing alone so obviously something happens between them.

PP CJH-BJH Western bar date capturing ‘fantasy chemi’
http://thestar.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2014/10/21/2014102101003.html

So nice couple. I think there are many fun and sweet chemistries for them. So hopefully!!! Thanks @booha

PP  Yi Tae Hwan-Choi Woo Shik-Jeong Hye Seon,   Flower Youth Trio
http://topstarnews.net/detail.php?number=78256
6Uwwhlf.jpg
4QhA26u.jpg

kCKkWbj.jpg
jnRrvxA.jpg
hqCLu3O.jpg
5jUrTrO.jpg
8Y3Gt2B.jpg

Yi Tae Hwan posted on Surprise official twitter, “Kang Soo’ pass!   Jjan ~ support me”  with a picture showing the photo pass for AG’s office
http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/347962
이태환(1020)

Guest thecandyce

Hi guys, my recap for the third teaser is done! You can read it on the blog here ->  http://dongchiyeolmoo.wordpress.com/2014/10/21/pride-and-prejudice-third-teaser-yeol-moos-wild-goose-chase/#more-35

But I'll also post it here for convenience's sake. I couldn't find screencaps of the whole thing elsewhere, so I borrowed the screencaps from Baidu's P&P thread. Credits go to them for the screencaps.
Credits to MBC for the posters.

On a short note, don't forget to follow dongchiyeolmoo on Twitter - twitter.com/dongchiyeolmoo .

5749dca85edf8db178c2bf1a0a23dd54574e748e

As the seconds draw us closer to the long-awaited pilot of “Pride and Prejudice”, MBC continues to hike up our anticipation with the release of their third installment of teasers. A baffling case, a thrilling wild goose chase, a flutter of hearts and a melancholic flash into the past – what more could I ask for from the romantic mystery that is “Pride and Prejudice”? Clearly, the third teaser is most representative of the upcoming crime/romance drama, and soon it will be the drama’s turn to do the teasers justice.

a0317f2bd40735fa12dc82c79d510fb30f24084e

255a63d4b31c8701876b7f98247f9e2f0608ff9d

The teaser opens with the bird’s-eye view of Han Yeol-moo (Baek Jin-hee) dashing down the alleyway. It was depicted in the first teaser as well – probably Gu Dong-chi’s (Choi Jin-hyuk) training methods which Yeol-moo obviously dislikes. Then, it switches over to Yeol-moo standing at the stairway, staring down at Dong-chi who reciprocates her gaze. But, Yeol-moo’s gaze is steely, and Dong-chi’s is almost apologetic – it may be too early to tell, but we see a flicker of vulnerability in the usually cocky and confident Dong-chi. In the voiceover, Yeol-moo asks Dong-chi to give her the case – she’s in a hurry to figure it out. Oho – is that the case that made her switch over from being a cop to a prosecutor? Is that the case that has it’s statute of limitations up in 3 months (will elaborate about the statute of limitations later in the personal opinions section)? So many questions, so little answers. But hey, that’s what a teaser’s for.

48806a26cffc1e17999a404f4990f603738de955

bd29d2f33a87e95045333f1213385343fbf2b456

The next scene, I admit, is completely unprecedented. Why Kang Soo (Lee Tae-hwan) would be tugging down his pants, including is underwear, and baring his private parts in broad daylight in front of his superior and future love interest Yeol-moo is beyond me, really. Even if it were to make a statement, that’s going a little too far. Obviously, Yeol-moo isn’t happy about it either. You’ll regret it later, Kang Soo, because you won’t score any brownie points with your lady-love by letting her see your genitals.

a8e594d98d1001e9b57fdb71bb0e7bec54e79733 240751389b504fc24fab737be6dde71191ef6d86 77f0651001e93901ac41424078ec54e736d19633

Well, experience obviously doesn’t lie – Dong-chi’s methods of charming Yeol-moo are much more polished than Kang Soo’s. The scene switches over to one of Dong-chi pushing Yeol-moo to the wall, gazing into her eyes, trailing his own orbs over her flabbergasted expression, and cupping her cheek with his hand. The voiceover has Dong-chi claiming that he and Yeol-moo had dated before, and that she had been the one to confess to him. Either he’s using that to feed his own pride or to establish certain closeness with Yeol-moo in front of the others. Regardless of the reason, their chemistry is building up, and their little skinship is adorable. (You might want to learn from the pro, Kang Soo.)

f93656096b63f62433a2f67d8444ebf81b4ca3ff b8356f01a18b87d601af6461040828381e30fd8d c3bc3943ad4bd1138d1a784c59afa40f4afb05a7

But the coin has two sides – Yeol-moo’s days as a prosecutor definitely won’t be smooth, especially not with the Head Prosecutor Moon Hee-man (Choi Min-soo) surveying her every move and expecting no less than perfection. Yeol-moo is shown to be reprimanded by Hee-man, with him yelling at her that she can’t be a prosecutor by simply making empty noise. He’s not entirely wrong, though. My guess is that Yeol-moo naively pursued the case and forced her argument forward, disregarding the hierarchy amongst the entire legal system. But dealing with the justice system isn’t that clear-cut – the winners are those with power and leverage, and a prosecutor screaming about scruples and justice without properly maneuvering her way through the system will not be able to score a win. Yeol-moo isn’t an idiot, but she lacks the experience. Luckily, she won’t be alone – despite how tough he is on her, when Hee-man chastises her, Dong-chi’s there to watch her with not only sympathy, but also concern.

3df8c72eb9389b50da3e2f2c8635e5dde6116eb1 4c395112c8fcc3ce1990074d9145d688d43f2022

The action then really begins with the prosecutors running about, gathering suspects and evidence. Dong-chi, with his commanding and confident stance, points about for the suspects to be apprehended, whilst Lee Jang-won (Choi Woo-shik) joins the forensics team in combing the forest for evidence. Ah, the tough work of detectives and prosecutors. How I’ve missed this.

7be6d3c79f3df8dc037f41efce11728b4710283c 69f01ad3572c11df918e715d602762d0f703c21f

We’re back at the interrogation room where Dong-chi, Yeol-moo and Kang Soo are hammering their suspects. The two suspects they’ve caught are harping about the same thing – “Why the hell won’t you believe me?” That’s the problematic thing about solving crimes. You’re not to trust the suspect, even though there’s a 50-50 chance that he might be telling the truth. Suspicion is the only way a case can be cracked.

2e367dcad1c8a78603cd84706409c93d71cf5097 092193f40ad162d9c70fac6212dfa9ec8b13cd91 8e1c0ddde71190efec1b5ca1cd1b9d16fcfa6092

Afterwards, we have Hee-man shoving the screen in frustration because obviously the two prosecutors are creating a ruckus with the two suspects. Then the scene switches over to the part where Dong-chi saves Yeol-moo from something at the alleyway and gives her that concerned, worried gaze of his – how sweet. But really, what deals the greatest blow is the final scene of the teaser, where Yeol-moo is staring down with her eyes brimmed with tears. Really, that’s where she truly makes us feel the pain of being a prosecutor.

tumblr_ndqkmlXo8c1shjtebo2_500.jpg

tumblr_ndqkmlXo8c1shjtebo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndqkmlXo8c1shjtebo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndqkmlXo8c1shjtebo4_1280.jpg

PERSONAL OPINION:

When the posters were first released, I began to understand the plot a bit more than the vague introductions had allowed me to. The captions “become a prosecutor before the statute of limitations is up in 3 months” immediately indicated the gravity of the situation.

By dictionary definition, a statute of limitations is “a written law passed by a legislative body in common law systems to restrict the maximum time after an event that legal proceedings may be initiated”. This basically means that the case is assigned a certain amount of time e.g. fifteen years after which the police is no longer allowed to touch the case and the perpetrator is basically able to get off scot-free. There are exceptions and clauses put into the legal framework to act as a check-and-balance against the aforementioned consequence actually occurring, but there is, undoubtedly, the possibility of criminals not being accorded justice when the police haven’t nailed them with sufficient evidence before the statute of limitations for their crime is up.

I didn’t think that they’d be using the statute of limitations controversy in the drama, especially since South Korea scrapped the statute of limitations for homicide cases a few years back. I’m not sure whether they scrapped the statutes for all crimes, or whether it’s just for homicides alone, but either way, the drama probably assumes that the statute still exists and obviously it’s going to haunt Yeol-moo for the entire course of the drama. As sadistic as it sounds, it’ll be thrilling to see whether Yeol-moo can truly be able to crack whatever case she’s so hung up over within the three months. It takes quite a bit of resolve to become a prosecutor just for the sake of cracking a case – maybe it’s connected to that so-called ‘mysterious’ past of hers?

Besides that, I’m also pretty enthralled by the teasers so far. The portrayal of the crime-solving process and the tough legal system is realistic and feasible, and the actors are making it all immensely believable. Choi Min-soo’s doing a good job being that difficult, yet sharp veteran prosecutor – for now his character’s tough on the juniors, but they’ll appreciate it later. Choi Jin-hyuk is showing great improvement in his acting skills. No doubt he does well as the arrogant prosecutor Dong-chi’s supposed to be, but the slight hints of vulnerability and the wisps of concern he has for Yeol-moo makes his character humane and somewhat lovable. I must, however, really give it to Jin-hee – I admit that as much as I adore her, the first two teasers were yet to make me impressed by her performance. But in this teaser, she showcased her skills at varying her emotions to fit the situation – from being steely, to being naively determined, to being emotional at the futility of her efforts, and let’s not forget how adorable and carefree she had been in the first teaser. The change in her personality due to the hardship she faced between the time she was a college student to her prosecutor days is distinct yet realistic, and Jin-hee portrays pain in a subtle, yet believable way. Two thumbs up for her acting skills.

But, of course, Jin-hyuk and Jin-hee’s chemistry has really been developing well. The stills, the posters and the teasers have shown us how appealing they are visually, and how much emotion they exchange (and also how adorable their skinship is).

Let’s face it – we’re going to be blown away by the deadly combination of the killer case, the pressure-cooker setting, the phenomenal acting and the gorgeous chemistry. We’re doomed to be hyperventilating fangirls for the next two months.

- laura

cr. Baidu’s “Pride and Prejudice” thread for the photos

EDIT: Apparently it wasn't Kang Soo (Lee Tae-hwan) stripping his bottoms. He was the one attempting to stop the suspect from flashing his genitals at Yeol-moo (Baek Jin-hee). Alright, Kang Soo, you still have chances with your lady-love after all. But that doesn't change the fact that you're up against the suave, eloquent and charming Dong-chi (Choi Jin-hyuk).

@thecandyce   I think PP is going to be your drama soul mate. Chingu!!   Your writing voice is made for this kind of a story line. I could see you are going to have a lot of fun with these 5 PP members ( as long as they are written in a decent way at least)  However there is a minor glitch. If I’m not mistaken is it Kang Soo who saw what’s coming and tried to stop but missed it?   Kang Soo is supposed to have a pure soul. It means he is still a virgin(?) haha    But I enjoyed reading that part because it’s quite funny how you said and I could see your finger wagging at him. Here are two screen caps.

jBxJlY8.jpg
gydt2LH.jpg

Guest thecandyce

@booha Glad you liked the recap :) It's the first time I've ever done full recaps for a drama, and it's more fun than I initially thought it would be. So far, the writing seems like it'll do the actors+actress justice.

Oh, thanks for telling me that! I put the edit in my recap! I really thought it was Kang Soo - my apologies. Looks like our innocent little Kang Soo is a sweet one after all. Yeol-moo sure is enviable - with the charming, sharp and concerned Dong-chi sweeping her off her feet and the passionate, devoted Kang Soo watching her every move and cushioning her falls.

Archived