[Drama 2014/2015] Dr. Frost 닥터 프로스트

conankung

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only a couple more days until the next episode. The wait is killing me too :)What is this...Song Sun being nice to Dr. Frost? edit- Now that someone hinted that it's a flashback :(The TA-Sung Ah is cute and all, but I am not shipping her and Dr. Frost. I am totally on the Song Sun-Dr. Frost boat!

10888672_817563481625426_990893918824149

Is that guy Jung Kyung Ho ??
Two Sun ?
Song Sun with her sister surrounding Frost ??
Geez

@audreyluv me too but this couple never will make an end between them. frost will never feel the same like Song Sun feels to him

I think it's fascinating that we keep getting told that Frost is incapable of expressing emotions although everything I've seen suggests to me that he can be quite emotional when he chooses to let them loose. I'm inclined to think that he has them buried deep rather than the fact that he "can't" show them. Besides,I believe that recent research into neuroplasticity suggests that damage to brain functions can be restored over time through repeated brain training.
His frustration with Sung Ah is palapable and all the snide comments directed toward her suggest to me that he can sting if he wants to. No doubt he's modelled after Sherlock in that regard.

He is for me, I think, a kind of Spock. Sung Ah is his "Bones" McCoy. They have this banter going between them which is fun and pretty telling. I like the fact that she's his complete opposite and forces him to display emotions even when he first instinct is to pretend to be a logic machine.
My opinion about Dr Song is that she is his professional equal although not necessarily his intellectual equal. I think she was a  kind of Sung Ah to him in their younger days, at least from what I saw in the webtoon. There's a lot of baggage between them and I think she has lingering angst about his part in her sister's death. 
The attachment of all these women to Frost interests me. I suppose it's the staple of Asian dramas that women naturally drawn to seemingly distant and cold men who are highly intelligent. If the drama playbook is to be believed, all women are attracted to men who are frosty in nature (and in this case, in name also). Perhaps it's aura of mystery that intrigues some women but not me... apparently. :D

I suppose Song Sul was in love with (and amused by) that aloofness, and perhaps even Dr Song's anger with Frost was due in large part that she was fond of him as a classmate that needed looking after. With Sung Ah, I think that because she hasn't quite got him on a pedestal that she's maintaining her distance.

It's interesting that they've introduced the false memories thread and a potential nemesis for Frost. A Moriarty to his Sherlock as it were. Also interesting are the serial suicides which is reminiscent of the very first episode of Sherlock, "A Study in Pink".
Anyway, I hope Ep. 6 isn't all flashback. I really enjoy Frost's interactions with Sung Ah and Detective Nam.

they are friends now and soon become a couple hahahahahah :(( :((

oh how i wish but naaaah haha. im already fine with their friendly interactions hahah

No, you're not alone! ;)

I have been on that ship from get go. I even wrote about it here for a while. You are not alone. I think Frost's personality comes out better with her. Like I said, it's good gor him to have a challenge he can't exactly solve just with an all brain approach. I like to see a flustered Frost esther than a mechanical one and I believe Sung Ah does just that. I don't have a problem with Song, I just think she is great as a colleague and friend.

Sung A certainly brings out the snark in Frost. :D Which to my mind makes him a lot more fun.It's her perpetual cheerfulness which probably gets under his skin. Everyone else around him seems to be loaded with a multisyllable psychobabble baggage except her. And the detective.

This brings me to another question...What is it about orange coats that Frost seems to be drawn to? And why does he associate them with Sung A? I'm assuming the second orange outfit in Ep. 6 is for her right? Tall with long hair?I imagine the armchair psychologists amongst us would love to pick that one apart. :D

@40somethingahjumma
You brought up an interesting observation about the color.

Umm. I'm not sure about the detective not having a psychological baggage from the past. When he comforted Sung Ah at the hospital in EP 5, he seemed to be thinking about his own experience. And there was the first collaboration case between Det. Nam and Frost that was mentioned a few episodes back. I think we'll get to know him more in one of these episodes.

Archived