[Drama 2014/2015] Dr. Frost 닥터 프로스트

conankung

Recap and First impession.
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"[First Impressions] “Dr. Frost” Episode 1radioplayon November 27, 2014
[First Impressions] “Dr. Frost” Episode 1

Take a successful and popular actress, add a splash of jealous rival, and don’t forget a couple shakes of mentally unstable. Shake well. Garnish with a slice of crime-solving psychologist.

Serve cold.

The first episode of OCN’s “Dr. Frost” had all the ingredients of a strong premiere. And with the previews that were so well done, I was really looking forward to this drama as it seemed like a show that would be right up my alley. I felt confident that the story for “Dr. Frost” would be gripping, the characters complex, the story intriguing, and the drama generally entertaining.

Maybe I was expecting too much, but as I reached the end of the episode, I sat back in my chair trying to cleanse my palate of the bitter taste of disappointment.

More: http://www.soompi.com/2014/11/27/first-impressions-dr-frost-episode-1/

Dr. Frost: Episode 1

by gummimochi | November 27, 2014 | 1 Comment

Frost01-00612a.jpg

Why yes, the doctor will see you now. OCN’s newest Sunday psychological crime procedural Dr. Frost is one slick and shrewd show, working through its first case at near breakneck speed, thanks to one sexy brain and his plucky teaching assistant. Meet the one psychology professor that can get a read on your psychological and emotional state in the blink of an eye, but unable to feel certain emotional responses himself.

The arrival of the newest big man on campus is certain to turn heads—and not just because he’s sportin’ a platinum ‘do. And while Frost comes with mysteries of his own, he’ll be busy cracking down on cases and giving them his Baekpercent. As for the numbers, Dr. Frost premiered with a solid 1.8% in ratings, with a minute-to-minute high of 2.4%.

More: http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/11/dr-frost-episode-1/

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The subbed version is available on DramaFire if anyone hasn't made their way there yet.

It's a decent introduction to the characters and the series as a whole. I rather like bubbly counselling assistant. The actor playing Frost is not bad.
Not sure if it's due to my top down processing skills that I've managed to work out much of the plot even without subs. :D Or just spending a life time watching crime shows and reading detective novels.  ;)It's an interesting take on the Anna story. They managed to incorporate hypnosis into the episode as well.

Guest keemchia

just caught the first ep of dr. frost. bubbly assistant is loved - great casting choice, and giving her judo skills even better. loved the incorporation of snooping and hypnosis, as well as the nod to the white room (which was done beautifully). I was hoping more for the show to delve into the psyche of people than just be a straight up crime plot though, because I loved the original arc of Anna. but I appreciated the grittier and slicker take on the story. bonus points for the background music in this show too.  
can't wait to see how they'll portray 'psychologist in the yellow room' + Pavlov! 

Yes, I love how they did with Frost's white room, too. I don't know if they will have Pavlov in the drama, but it'd be a neat idea if they are to cast a cute white dog for this role. keke.

I think I have a similar feeling about the case. It didn't quite hit the spot for me. Still, it's only the 1st episode, so I looking forward to more.

Some more goodies from the press conference.
j4qR9Md.png

xyFuH0x.png
more photos: http://blog.naver.com/ocnblog/220194764665

Actor Yoo Gun is cast as Bae Doo Han, an administrative office staff at Yong-gang University. He'll first appear in EP 2 and will be involved in a future case.

본문이미지
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LS2D&mid=shm&sid1=106&sid2=224&oid=108&aid=0002362494

EP 2 text preview

At 2 am, a body of a female college student is found in a secluded alleyway. Det. Nam starts an investigation looking at Jin Wook, whose baseball jacket is found at the crime scene, as a murder suspect. But Jin Wook is in a state of blackout and cannot remember anything from when he was drunk. Prof. Frost, who joins the investigation, investigates the victim's house and discovers something suspicious.

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"Actor Yoo Gun Joins the Cast of OCN Drama “Dr. Frost”deedeegii November 29, 20140Actor Yoo Gun Joins the Cast of OCN Drama “Dr. Frost”

It has been confirmed that actor Yoo Gun will be joining the cast of OCN’s Sunday drama “Dr. Frost.”

On November 29, a representative of the actor’s agency, J-Wide Company, revealed that Yoo Gun is set to take on the role of Bae Doo Han. He will be making his very first appearance in the drama on the upcoming broadcast scheduled to air this coming November 30.

Within the drama’s storyline, the character of Bae Doo Han is said to be a staff member at the Yonggang University administration office, and will be closely related to a case that has yet to unfold.

Meanwhile, “Dr. Frost” is a drama based on an original webtoon series by the same title. It is a psychological investigation production that focuses around a psychologist who takes part in investigations to resolve crimes. The drama airs every Sunday at 11 p.m. (KST).

http://www.soompi.com/2014/11/29/actor-yoo-gun-joins-the-cast-of-ocn-drama-dr-frost/

B3qgWrACcAA1b-s.jpg

Some kind of markers for the cast.B3rhcMaCcAAdfoR.jpg
YOONJI LEE @dancingmulgogi

네배우를위한 스텝들의 배려. 위치를 마킹하는 이른바 'T바'ㅡ꼭 그자리에 서고싶은마음이 생겨요. 흥을누르느라 힘든 프교수, 봐도봐도 신비로운 성아, 웃지않고웃음주시는 남형사님과 기쁜촬영들. 고마운닥터프로스트팀. 

Another First Impression post.

class="entry-title" style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; font-family: Raleway, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; font-size: 2.5rem; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 70px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; line-height: 1.17; "First Impression: Dr. FrostPOSTED ON DECEMBER 1, 2014 BY SAB

Apologies for the late first impression, and if you want to have a recap of ep1, gummimochifrom Dramabeans has launched it last week. I will carry on the weecaps from ep2 onwards here — hopefully, I can get ep2 out by this week. (fingers crossed)

frost7

Read more: http://nekosdrama.wordpress.com/2014/12/01/first-impression-dr-frost/

Guest KATECHEUNG

Watched episode 1 and was blown away! But somehow feel like this is so similar to Perception (US TV Series), not sure if anyone knows. Anyway looking forward to subbed Episode 2 :)

I liked it very much. The story in each episode goes very fast without unnecessary scenes.I like the cast too. The scene where detective Nam expresses his admiration to Song Sun is so funny. I would love to see more scenes like that.I also liked the scene again with Detective Nam where he expresses his disgust to that professor about the reason of the financial help of the victim. Well I don't know if what I say is accurate because they talk so fast and sometimes I don't have time to read the subtitles.

Happy to join in the fun. Hello everyone in the forum. I hope we have a great show in Dr. F! Just finished the first 2 episodes as well. So glad viki will be subbing. Loved the drunken exchange between Yoon and Frost, although glad it did not drag on. The past between Frost and Prof. Song...I wonder why she thinks he killed her sister? Can't wait to see how it all comes together. And I love OCN shows because they are often short! Give me 10 episodes of intense thrillers anytime!!!

zaabu said: Happy to join in the fun. Hello everyone in the forum. I hope we have a great show in Dr. F! Just finished the first 2 episodes as well. So glad viki will be subbing. Loved the drunken exchange between Yoon and Frost, although glad it did not drag on. The past between Frost and Prof. Song...I wonder why she thinks he killed her sister? Can't wait to see how it all comes together. And I love OCN shows because they are often short! Give me 10 episodes of intense thrillers anytime!!!

Archived