[Drama 2014-2015] Valid Love 일리있는 사랑

brokbsb

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ascsp‌ - LOL and your post is awesome!! Remember that scene when HT was having daydreams about the 3 of them living together -- lol, IR in the kitchen cooking and HT and KJ arriving in the kitchen together to get their lunch for work -- they look like 2 boys waiting for their mom to make them lunch before they head to kindergarten.. Lol.

If IR is HTs ideal mom - HT is IRs ideal dad.

It sounds ridiculous, I know. But is it?

IR met HT at a time in her life when she may have needed her dad the most -- especially with guidance in choosing a life partner. She admired and pursued him relentlessly not because she loved him as a woman would love a man. HT even said it -- he felt like he was her "fence" -- her security blanket.

Now IR will have to convince herself for the rest of her life that she loves HT as her husband and not her dad.. Good luck with that, girlfriend.. =))

Guest Kropikko

I've just seen the last episode... Honestly, I'm kinda disappointed with this drama.
It started really, really well... And somewhere in the halfway it started to be less and less entertaining. Il Ri is just constantly annoying me with her "I have no idea what I'm doing". I guess I watched it till the end just because I wanted to see an epic twist, enormous improvement of one of the characters, and yet - I see none. Well, there is one thing which I'm happy of - Kim Joon realised that he should open himself to people and it seems like he enjoys it. But about IR and HT... I guess it won't be long to another obstacle to appear and I'm not sure if they can handle it better that before...

Don't get me wrong, it's not a matter of 'shipping' anyone, actually I rooted for HT and from the start I thought that IR will be with HT at the very end. But I don't think that any of them really improved, and I feel that IR could never make her mind for real. She was hesitating between these two men until the very end so... it looks like ending is just sugar-like, everyone is happy and finds love but it looks really fake for me.

Despite my irritation (or should I say... IlRi-tation?) of some points in this drama, I have to admit that I really enjoyed reading all the insightful, awesome and funny comments in this thread :D So I guess this discussion made up for this drama's mistakes. So, to all of you... 감사합니다! ^^

Two important questions were never answered: How did HS become paralyzed? and Who is HT narrating the story to?   :-? :-/ @-) 8-X 
Is he crazy or something? Or will there be a sequel where it shows all these while, these are HT's imagination of his fantasy world, that's why he doesn't have to do much to win IR back. IR is actually his Psychiatrist whom he meet weekly and he fantasized being married to her. She's actually married to KJ whose family name is Jang. Mr Jang. A carpenter who owns his own studio. And HT is that crazy ahjusshi that all moms warn their kids to stay away from. But the Jangs are nice to him, thus he fantasize being their son in law.  =)) 

Now, THAT scenario @sooyoungdaebak‌ IS believable. Oh how I wish that was the plot twist at the end! The end scene - he was sitting outside the mini-mart alone, drinking something, I think -- was the perfect ending scene. The look of satisfaction on an overly optimistic HT -- classic. And I do, I almost feel sorry for him...

With all that HT had to go through in his personal life, it is plausible that he needed psychiatric help. And now I kinda do feel a bit sorry for him..

@Ic85 Believe me, till the end I was waiting for that surprise ending the writer had promised but it never happened! 
Continuing "HT is crazy" story...hahaha...you may skip this. 
Since the Jangs are nice to HT, he would come unannounced sometimes. They pity him and invite him to join them for dinner. HS is vocal towards HT's presence in their house and since she doesn't like him, he made her paralyzed and unable to talk in his fantasy story. The neighbor with a son knows HT has a crush on IR cause he saw HT stalking IR and KJ, secretly taking their pics with his cellphone. Thus we saw those pics in his cellphone.KJ got to know HT because he asked KJ to make a chair. Even though KJ knows HT's mentally unstable, he still make a chair for him and was nice/kind towards him. In HT's mind, KJ hates him. Things started to get out of hand when KJ saw HT stalking IR one day. KJ told IR to stop working with HT because he's crazy but IR believes HT is harmless. The couple fight over HT and their relationship was strained. HT hates KJ and wants him to disappear...porever. KJ wants IR to be away from HT so he decided to open another studio in a city down South. HT followed him there unnoticed. One early morning, to relieve stress, KJ went fishing at a secluded lake. HT came up quietly from behind and hit him in the head with a hammer. He then continued to hit KJ, killing him. HT then made his way home. And thus we saw him sitting outside the mart, drinking and at peace with himself. Enjoying the sunny morning. All is well in HT's world. 
This is a much better plot twist...hahaha.  :P

Hey!  I just realized that this drama is discriminatory!  Why can't IR love two men?

After all, the female lead, in "Jenkyll and Hyde", loves two men, albeit they are in the same body.

And, the female lead in, "Kill Me, Heal Me", loves seven personalities; five of which are male.  Again, albeit they are all in the same body. 

But, what difference does being in one body make?!  After all, they are different personalities.  And, love is not about the body, but about the personality.   :P =))

@AuntieMame love your post but I would argue that with K J ' s case,it would be a tragedy and waste of resources if love didn't include his body! Unless the shoes.= sex, I argue that technically there was no legal adultery since based on my deep research, adultery in SK must have corporal insertion^^

partyon said: Well, what can I say? I made it through this drama, and I can't say that this will be on the list of dramas I want to watch again... I've seen many people analyze the story and its meaning in the same way I interpreted it, so I won't go into any details. I think for me, in the end, it was a drama that made me feel a little bit sad. Even though there was a lot over-the-top moments, there was also some realism that I could personally relate to.

IR did realize things about herself and showed development of character, but I can't say I'm fond of her. Maybe it was the actress that played her, but I had a hard time trying to interpret what emotion she was really trying to convey. Maybe that's why IR for me became very one-dimensional. I appreciated the fact that IR gained independence and was brave enough to face her own feelings, even though it obviously was difficult for her.

HT deserved happiness after all he had been through, and if that meant that it included IR, so be it. He also showed growth, and realized some important things about himself and his life. It was interesting to see how the couple took baby steps to be together again, and the awkwardness was evident in many scenes. That's how it often feels in real life, too, so it felt natural to see how much they still had to work on themselves and their marriage to become stronger. Often the disappointment you feel towards yourself, is the longest that takes to get rid of. And sometimes it's easier to forgive someone else first, than yourself.

In the end, though, they were both finally 100% committed to making their marriage work. Who knows if they will be able to save their marriage, but at least they now have a chance.

Thanks for reading, and thanks to everyone for interesting debates. See you around! :)

@chickfactor
"You can come slowly. Just stay for a long time."

This one really was MAJOR!  Really, Ilri being immune to this was....
a. W*F unbelievableb. explainable due to Ilri's loss of hearingc. Ilri had amnesia and forgot Korean and had no access to subtitlesd. Ilri was REALLY, REALLY, REALLY in love HT...and it was SO OBVIOUS ...and KJ was just a plaything^^e. Ilri was starving and thinking of curry...What? What? Oh wow! awesome cut potatoes!!!f.  Ilri had the attention of an 8th grader...What? WHat? What did you say again?

I also went to shrieking mode during their last scene when he said that he was still hot^^  My heart also breaks remembering, "What am I to you?".  Ditto when he was addressing her silently in the store, " Are you ok?  pause ...I'm not"?   
...and the virginity part where he went.." Do you want proof?" ^^
---change of topic---
I was talking to my Korean friend yesterday, she usually checks out the last eps and decides then whether to watch the rest or not. For her, VL wasn't bad, but too melo for her taste--she found it depressing^^. She also said that LSH's nose looks abnormal^_~ and prolly plastic surgery. I think it's probably just genetics, I recall, even in his younger pics, his nose has always been like that (?)....

MochiRochi said: ascsp said: Well, in your blog you rated the writing 6,5 and the plot 7,5.
Maybe I am too harsh, but imho 6,5 and 7,5 means "the drama is written and conceived well enough", and sorry but it isn't at all.

snklgs said: @chickfactor
"You can come slowly. Just stay for a long time."

This one really was MAJOR!  Really, Ilri being immune to this was....
a. W*F unbelievableb. explainable due to Ilri's loss of hearingc. Ilri had amnesia and forgot Korean and had no access to subtitlesd. Ilri was REALLY, REALLY, REALLY in love HT...and it was SO OBVIOUS ...and KJ was just a plaything^^e. Ilri was starving and thinking of curry...What? What? Oh wow! awesome cut potatoes!!!f.  Ilri had the attention of an 8th grader...What? WHat? What did you say again?

I also went to shrieking mode during their last scene when he said that he was still hot^^  My heart also breaks remembering, "What am I to you?".  Ditto when he was addressing her silently in the store, " Are you ok?  pause ...I'm not"?   
...and the virginity part where he went.." Do you want proof?" ^^
---change of topic---
I was talking to my Korean friend yesterday, she usually checks out the last eps and decides then whether to watch the rest or not. For her, VL wasn't bad, but too melo for her taste--she found it depressing^^. She also said that LSH's nose looks abnormal^_~ and prolly plastic surgery. I think it's probably just genetics, I recall, even in his younger pics, his nose has always been like that (?)....

Archived