[Drama 2014-2015] Valid Love 일리있는 사랑

brokbsb

Guest Poppinbottles

As I recall this was never a fan page of anyone so I have no idea why certain people are being rude af. Like sorry if certain people didn't have you're opinion on a certain character but get over it. Are u guys serious like what is wrong with you, asking the writer to die. Sorry poor kim joonie didn't get the girl....... But that's going too far you have issues. Secondly if you wanna call out one character that fine because there something called freedom of speech but certain people seem to forget that that is also true for all the "hee tae fangirls" Besides the drams over, bitching about will not change the outcome, get over it and don't be rude k bye.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just realized- maybe someone has already mentioned this: IR is the mother HT always wanted to have - LOL, that's probably obvious. She's submissive (unlike his mother - who was the dominating female in the house). She's domestic and considers his job and needs as more important than hers (she doesn't need education or furthering her career in the arts. One PhD in the house is enough). She can never really mentally compete with him so he dumbs down his conversation with her (so many examples of this) unlike his mom who is business savvy and has ambitions. She considers family the most important (I mean Ms Go does too but she's career driven and probably made a lot of sacrifices to spend time elsewhere away from her children when they were younger to make a living). HT found his ideal "mom" in IR-- someone that he will never have any reason to cheat on. And HT can guilt her into staying -- there were many instances and conversations where his telling her to leave were really ploys to guilt her into staying with him - one scene in particular - IR decided to leave HT, she comes back to the Jang residence for either HS or mil and they talk outside HTs house (by the gate), he tells her to leave and IR walks away -- he goes back in only to peek out again from the bushes to see if she really left! He just couldn't believe it that she can leave and left a prize like him. These two, to the very end, loved to play games (the beginning of Ep 20 and all throughout) - and it wasn't cute too watch -- cringeworthy at best.

Guest Poppinbottles

@Ic85 I accidentally gave you an off topic. I don't agree with what you are saying at all but sorry, I recently started this forum cuz of valid love so it's still new.

@Ic85 I accidentally gave you an off topic. I don't agree with what you are saying at all but sorry, I recently started this forum cuz of valid love so it's still new.

That's ok to disagree.. I understand that we all won't see things the same way. I can welcome a different opinion. :)

@alleverything THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for posting that sacsacs-almost-died-pure-eyegasm-ovaries-exploded video!!  ^:)^ ^:)^ \m/ =P~ @-)    I'm in cloud nine!! Gonna hit that replay button again and again! 
How can ppl not find this namjha hawt as hell??! Besides HS, he's the BEST thing in VL!!! He made me continued watching this drama. Plot be damned. I had time to reflect and I actually am really happy with the ending. The fact that KJ did not ended up with a person like IR made me feel very happy. For all that he had went through in his life, he deserved a much much better woman. Who knows who else will catch IR's nose and when she will stray again. HT has to live with both his eyes wide open cos with Andro, you just can't guess what she would do. KJ on the other hand is free. Free to give his heart to any gal who would love him completely. Gawd, who would stray with a man like that?! 

@ascsp‌ - rewatching VL (especially Ep 20) is not good for the mind, body, and soul. Now if there was only such a pill to "unwatch" ep 20 and pretend Ep 19 was the ending..

@sooyoungdaebak‌ - who would stray from a man like KJ? Someone who pretends to be blind - that's who (IRs artwork in Ep 20). I was going to say "someone who is blind"- but even a physically blind person can have a heightened sense of touch/ feel. -- just one "feel" of his face, his chiseled body and who could resist..? And of course, a heightened sense of smell - his "man-scent" @snklgs‌ - LOL!

Yes - the VL detox phase has just begun, folks. Let's all brace ourselves -- =))

Edit: or someone who pretends to be deaf - because his voice is "ear-gasmic" to quote @snklgs‌ or someone else now.

LOL @lc85 IKR! Tell me about his face, chiseled body and ear-gasmic-voice-that-will-make-you-see-stars-singing...hahaha. Withdrawal mode is a richard simmons! I'm trying to withdraw from KJ and that video of him walking down the street happily and at peace made my heart sing. No more noise in his life. Awesome, KJ!  \m/ <:-P
@chickfactor Are you done with your cookbook? I am ready to purchase it...       :))

That kj clip, I want to interpret that he found a.new woman who is totally into him...is he in Seoul? Also maturity due to the change of style of the coat. Thing about tvn is that they do come out with specials...so I'm hoping they do one for VL.

Delulu mode is that I am the one he is looking at lovingly

:x

My healing plan is to splice the subbed versions of KJ scenes and also just get the audio of LSH'S voice to use as my alarm^&&^

I agree that KJ had a better ending by not being with someone who couldn't love him with all her heart. I hope he will get over her soon. He was super cool.to the very end. Love you Kim Joon :x :x :x

Omg - yes.. One bright spot of ep 20 -- no kissing between the do-over couple - except between GT and IR sister.

And -the eew moments were aplenty. That scene with SJ and HT, I swear I almost hurled my precious phone across the room! (lol, my sleeping baby and hubby saved me). Can HT get any more smug and over the top annoying than he was at that scene? Well yes he can - he upped the ante in each and every subsequent scene.

And now it's etched in my memory. Bitter much, you say? You betcha!

Well, what can I say? I made it through this drama, and I can't say that this will be on the list of dramas I want to watch again... I've seen many people analyze the story and its meaning in the same way I interpreted it, so I won't go into any details. I think for me, in the end, it was a drama that made me feel a little bit sad. Even though there was a lot over-the-top moments, there was also some realism that I could personally relate to.

IR did realize things about herself and showed development of character, but I can't say I'm fond of her. Maybe it was the actress that played her, but I had a hard time trying to interpret what emotion she was really trying to convey. Maybe that's why IR for me became very one-dimensional. I appreciated the fact that IR gained independence and was brave enough to face her own feelings, even though it obviously was difficult for her.

HT deserved happiness after all he had been through, and if that meant that it included IR, so be it. He also showed growth, and realized some important things about himself and his life. It was interesting to see how the couple took baby steps to be together again, and the awkwardness was evident in many scenes. That's how it often feels in real life, too, so it felt natural to see how much they still had to work on themselves and their marriage to become stronger. Often the disappointment you feel towards yourself, is the longest that takes to get rid of. And sometimes it's easier to forgive someone else first, than yourself.

In the end, though, they were both finally 100% committed to making their marriage work. Who knows if they will be able to save their marriage, but at least they now have a chance.

Thanks for reading, and thanks to everyone for interesting debates. See you around! :)

JoannaOC said:
Hee Soo's paralysis was equated over and over with Il Ri's unhappiness and inabilty to articulate her own suffering, and she may have gone peacefully, but let's face it. Il Ri can only go back to hubby when HS is dead. Domesticity can only be rescued if it does not require superhuman efforts, so let's all pretend that the entire family did not live off of Il Ri's unpaid labor for years while insulting her for it. That just disappears, but not because they have figured it out or even apologized.

[snip]

The writer could be not so satisfyed with the TPM, however he/she served it, hot and smelly, to all of us for dinner (Thank you very much)

Probably a korean can't talk freely about TPM, or write freely, or think freely. Maybe the message is so confused because the writer IS confused.

So no kisses. Maybe they don't need them anymore, after a seven years marriage (so cold..)

Or maybe IR/KJ kisses are umbeatable!

Archived