[Drama 2014-2015] Valid Love 일리있는 사랑

brokbsb

@TeBe‌ same here

For me, it is more of not even being motivated to watch anything without LSH. I may get over this phase if something comes up ...usually it takes me a couple of weeks to recover. Last year, I couldn't recover from Heirs until Witch's Romance;)

Yeah, it also sucks that I don't want to watch it.again right now, knowing how it ended.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not exactly Carpenter Kim... But it will help ease the pain:) LSH is back in full-on Super Hawt Model Mode. Goodnesss!!! The man does not know the word rest. Since crank up he's been spotted going to events and now this photoshoot for ELLE :x  Love at the same time wishing him some R&R <:-P  I-)
LSH uploaded this on his instagram 22 hrs ago...W*TF was I...that I missed this??? Over 40K likes and close to a thousand comments. I hope he will update regularly like Dara.
Btw, on the Blindreason instagram, some same-likes-comrade-in-hawtness captioned LSH's pic with "His perfection"! INDEED!!!!!!!

B9j5rOdIcAA2PH5_zpswivva2t1.jpg
:D

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry...
The actor of "Healer" Ji Chang Wook (very nice guy) had made a photo shoot as a carpenter.

No, it's true, believe me!

Neutral tones sweater :(( , workshop, sawdust, workbench. Nothing is missing.

I was looking at the photo and silently screaming "you are the wrong one!" and "KJ, you had left castadiva and someone else is working there instead of you!"

TeBe said: The thing about valid love is that you can not watch another drama after it ended because they all feel somehow silly and superficial . On the other hand , you can not rematch valid love because the ending sucks ! And I m not half as much motivated to post in other threads as in here . Ottokeee? Any suggestions ? My life without a drama is boring and monotone I-)

Just finished secret love affair. The mess money related is completely wasted with me: I can't understand it. Nice romance, really awesome cool female character, wonderful OST and cinematography. But no one of the character really got me. The boy is nice, cute and all, the female lead is smart and tridimensional but... I don't know.

Maybe it was just too early, after VL.

Yesterday I clicked on the first page of this thread, and read early post about VL. I don't know precisely why, but the comments about poor poor cheated husband made me angry (again) instead of make me laugh. Poor husband got the wife. Poor carpenter got a hard (and this doesn't mean more valuable) life lesson. I got meaningful character deprivation.

Yes. This drama ruined me. Spoiled all the fun of dramaland...

I was looking for the right word and you said it well @ascsp : Meaningful character deprivation. Yup, that's what I'm craving for. I haven't started on any other dramas. I still owe Healer the last six episodes even though I know it's a happy ending. I keep watching variety shows to fix this craving but I ended up coming here everyday to connect with y'all. Misery is better with company...hehee..
Btw, my friend who's UTW fan is almost done with the drama. She's feeling URGHH cos she wants HT to end up with IR. I'm not even gonna voice my thoughts to her. Another friend, a Stepford wife, just completed Pinocchio drama and she's on happiness high and just started watching Valid Love. I am still waiting on her take. She told me to watch Pinocchio and I said I'm trying to stay away from cookie cutter characters (Nothing against the drama or characters) KJ made me ask for more from today's drama characters. All those fluffy, candy-coated characters or stale like mackerel are not exciting for me. 

Yes. It's character deprivation, because they throw him away labeling him as someone that has a lot to learn, but the truth is that he was already fully capable to live and work with others, and his refusal of his mother was just comprehensible, so the "end" that the writer provided for KJ is just nothing at all.

They ripped him out of the picture because he isn't needed anymore and we are here, waiting for someone that will never come back.

And in the meantime we doesn't give a richard simmons to HT IR marriage because they feel bland and unreal in comparision.

Yes, it is as if I am grieving for a real person :((  My only way out at this point is to watch other LSH's work. But I can't bring myself to go back to Healer and Pinocchio.. IDK which episodes I got to before getting the VL fever^^  I watched Secret Love Affair up to the episode right before they actually had a legal AFFAIR in the legal sense of the word in SK:)  The thing is, I was a Yoo Ah In fan; but the drama wasn't compelling enough to me to continue watching.  All the money stuff was rather boring:)  Ok, I take back what I said about the dementia arc in VL...it IS actually rather interesting compared to corruption. Yup, I'd rather take dementia on any given day compared to secret funds $-) One thing which is saving me from dementia due to the loss of weekly doses of Kim Joon is the fact that real life work that pays for stuff is RATHER hectic these days. I also find pleasure in going to Home Depot to look at hammers and power drills! Power drills are the ultimate smex tool---this is one of the more important life lessons I learned from watching VL! ;;)

OMG! I just dropped by here to see if there was any "new" comments from new people who may have watched this drama and was shocked to see it had jumped 5 pages since I've been here.  :))  The posts seem, sadly,  to be mostly Carpenter Kim withdrawals.... ;))

I have to say that I really don't understand the fascination with Carpenter Kim, it all seems superficial---looks and not character.  His treatment and loyalty to IR were all about his own feelings and how he felt, disregarding her own feelings.  At first she just let him literally pull her along and later she got more control and pulled back.  The writer in this drama sent a very wrong message to young ladies in my opinion. It's excused on this thread because Kim is attractive and that makes it okay. The majority of men who act like Kim, not all, but the greater majority had a background very similar if not worse and they create an environment of domestic violence. The writer can't have her cake an eat it two. She can't have someone who is non-conforming, possessive, doesn't listen and makes a person do things against their will and try to paint them as sympathetic. These are the same type of me I see on the ID channel who commit domestic violence and stalk their victims.

The writer could have had a great drama, but she got so caught up in the affair that she didn't leave time to develop the characters and bring the married couple back together. I have to wonder why HT wanted IR back. I truly don't get it. I don't understand why IR would want a man like Kim. It's not like he's bringing anything to the table from an experience standpoint---she'll probably have to teach him. He's a little boy in a grown man's body with abandonment issues that I fully don't buy now after watching the end of this drama. He's a person with an unforgiving heart which is why he couldn't understand IR's connection to her "family--in-laws".  You would have thought that he had learned love from his grandfather who appeared to be a very patient man who took the time to teach a small boy his craft. If Kim couldn't learn love from that, then he's not going to learn it in 4 days from a person he didn't listen to half the time.

Although people are different, there are some characteristics that put in combination with other behaviors, usually always lead to the same end result. Kim is a statistic in the  way the writer wrote his character for domestic violence. We saw his possessiveness continue to escalate in this drama. He also tries to manipulate her by talking about how lonely he is or when he talked about his grandfather and just him--make her feel sorry for me.  Use her weaknesses against her. Then he backs away when he realizes she was just using him to live out a fantasy. I reality, men with this possessive nature and based on other behavior exhibited by Kim do not just back off like that from a woman--especially one they have developed these strong possessive feelings for in less than 3 weeks. The writer was negligent. Trying to romanticize the "he-man" possessiveness found in romance novels from many years ago where women were the poor weak damsel in distress.

I also don't like what she did with HT. Like a few others on this thread, but like many others on other threads, I don't see what he did wrong in their marriage. I see a man who tried to take some of the burden off his wife that SHE inflicted on herself, but let her have her way so as to avoid resentment. A man who asked his wife to open up to him, but she didn't. A man who told his wife and gave her his full backing and support to stop running when his parents called, "Ignore" them, but she ignored his advice. I don't feel pity for a person like IR. The fact that the writer tries to say it's both of them is baloney. The writer has given nothing to back up those comments.

Then the writer tries to throw everyone watching the drama a bone in the end which only ticked me off. Development and commitment of IR to her marriage, zero. She doesn't look happy, but nor did she look happy with KJ after the affair was discovered.  Even in the cabinet she talks about the things she always wanted to do with a boyfriend, not any future with him. It was always her talking about her marriage and fantasy thoughts---never a future with him. In the end, she still doesn't communicated with her husband.

Overall, this drama was an extreme disappointment for me.  I didn't like IR because she turned out to be nothing more than a person who could lie with ease, possessing no hint of a conscience. She could be deceptive without any nervous guilt or shame.   She doesn't appreciate the type of husband that she had and felt no remorse for cheating on him. I give her less than a year or two before another "Kim" comes along.  I wouldn't have mind the writer putting IR back with HT if she showed us how they got back together. Not just  slam, bam thank you ma'am after eating a bowl of stew.  The drama was wasted with too many scenes of rapid, rapid dementia, it left no time to show the valid love that exist between this couple. 

This drama was a waste of 20 episodes. It could have been completed in 16 because it was mostly useless fluff.

Those that are missing Kim, don't understand it at all.

ascsp said: I don't know whether to laugh or to cry...
The actor of "Healer" Ji Chang Wook (very nice guy) had made a photo shoot as a carpenter.

No, it's true, believe me!

Neutral tones sweater :(( , workshop, sawdust, workbench. Nothing is missing.

I was looking at the photo and silently screaming "you are the wrong one!" and "KJ, you had left castadiva and someone else is working there instead of you!"

Saturday morning activity, close to week 2 after VL...
Squeeing at Kim Joon GIFs  :-*
Comparing LSH's abs when he was in1. VL2. HSKS3. Style Log Okinawa4.. Ipanema Boy5. Photoshoots
Comes to the following conclusions:
1.  He's had abs since like forever^^
2.  Kim Joon's abs are my favorite:)

Don't have much time.

The thing about KJ violent behavior is richard simmons.

He is taller and stronger than HT. He could made poor poor angry (very violent) husband, that was beating him, into a pulp. And he knows it very well. You don't use your whole body day by day for your work without knowing how much strenght you have.

But, hey! He never raised one hand, NEVER, nor when he was drunken, nor when he was sober.

He is also the one that said "use words instead of hands" with IR mother, and "speak gently" with HT father.

He is the one who always speak, bluntly maybe, harshly sometimes, but he never lifts his hands even when he is very angry.

So, no, sorry, he is not the typical male possessive and violent that own the female.

And when IR really leaves him, he goes away without look back, so he isn't a stalker either.

Have a nice sunday!!

ascsp said: Don't have much time. The thing about KJ violent behavior is richard simmons. He is taller and stronger than HT. He could made poor poor angry (very violent) husband that was beating him into a pulp. And he knows it very well. You don't use your whole body day by day for your work without knowing how much strong you are. But, hey! He never raised one hand, NEVER, nor when he was drunken, nor when he was sober. He is also the one that said "use words instead of hands" with IR mother, and "speak gently" with HT father. He is the one who always speak, bluntly maybe, harshly sometimes, but he never lifts his hands even when he is very angry. So, no, sorry, he is not the typical male possessive and violent that own the female. And when IR really leaves him, he goes away without look back, so he isn't a stalker either. Have a nice sunday!!

LSH is a life ruiner^^  
One other Kim Joon possible sequel... Kim Joon takes up yoga and becomes a guru:) Ok, that was just a personal fantasy of mine.  But one of the things yoga teachers do is "adjust", the other day when my teacher was adjusting my pose as well as massaging my back as part of restorative yoga, the thought that came to mind.... 
Kim Joon's rough carpenter hands :x

If anyone should be accused of domestic violence in Valid Love- land, it is HT. Rationalize it all you want, he hit her. Excuse it all you want, he laid a hand on her.

Just dropping by to say hello :-h , VL chingus! LOL @sooyoungdaebak‌ - Home Depot - your happy place :x

Hope everyone had a fun Valentines Day!!

Like many of you here - I have not been able to watch the new kdramas after VL. I think it will take some time..

Archived