[Drama 2014-2015] Valid Love 일리있는 사랑

brokbsb

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the title of the show, I don't think Valid Love is a love story. It seems more about a couple who stopped living and through a series of events are able to break out of their mundane lives and breath. It takes a strong force, Kim Joon, for them to wake up and realize that something is wrong. Once they find the real problem, they're unsure or what to do, because this goes against their pretending. To expose their issues and air their dirty laundry would be like saying that the past seven years didn't mean anything...since there was nothing of substance there.
But by embracing their faults and working towards the future, they've able to let go and finally validated their love. And by trying and not pretending, they're able to do that.
So to me, Valid Love is more about a marriage crisis that is solved by an affair more than anything else. 
The only real love story is between Yi Ri and Ki Tae who surprisingly complement each other quite well. I didn't like them at first, but they grew on me.

Ep.20... Am I the only one seeing that KJ is not actually alone/lonely anymore??? Well, at least the scene and his expression didn't show (to me, at least again...).. his working with other people, he has his mother anytime he's ready to accept her and he do something he enjoyed and loved...
Plus.... the extra video also show him with a big smile and walking like a true model here....  :D
alleverything said: YOOOO WHAT IS THIS

http://program.interest.me/tvn/illy/2/Vod/VodView/201407171089/915683/65285

he looks so cute and happy aw

here's the youtube video

Guest angeldarling

photo559243.jpg

On February 3rd, actress Lee Si-yeong is arriving at the ending party of the tvN drama, 'Sensible Love', held at a restuarnat in Yeoido-dong, Seoul. She still looks beautiful with barely no makeup.

'Sensible Love' starring Eom Tae-woongLee Si-yeongLee Soo-hyeok, and Choi Yeo-jin is an emotional romance drama, which portrayed each one's emotion that the three people of two man and a woman had to go through, when the timing for the passionate and ardent first love and the stable and lasting love was switched.

Guest angeldarling

hancinema

Actress Lee Si-young starred in the finished tvN drama "Sensible Love" as Kim Il-li who falls in love with two different men.

She said, "The drama was successful thanks to the director and the crew. I am truly grateful. The time I spent with Eom Tae-woong and Lee Soo-hyeok was a memorable one".

"Thank you, to the viewers of "Sensible Love" because it's you that got me this far. I am back now as Lee Si-young so I will continue with other challenges. I will be back".

hancinema  Actress Lee Si-young starred in the finished tvN drama "Sensible Love" as Kim Il-li who falls in love with two different men.  She said, "The drama was successful thanks to the director and the crew. I am truly grateful. The time I spent with Eom Tae-woong and Lee Soo-hyeok was a memorable one".  "Thank you, to the viewers of "Sensible Love" because it's you that got me this far. I am back now as Lee Si-young so I will continue with other challenges. I will be back".

JoannaOC said: yeah, it is not lost on me that we are complaining bitterly about how Valid Love did not live up to our artistic standards while we could be watching (oh, heck, probably ARE watching) rich chaebol with split personality and that gorilla, rich chaebol with multiple personalities gets instant neck tattoo, doctor sleeps with patient with intense anxiety disorder (and we still love him!), super-duper Emperor of China Superman and his long-lost childhood friend, or  "who loves the Spy more, secret-spy mom or secret-spy girlfriend?"
Or, (as someone put it) Look! it's Gun's Goryeo ancestor heuheu hahaha!

MochiRochi said: Despite the title of the show, I don't think Valid Love is a love story. It seems more about a couple who stopped living and through a series of events are able to break out of their mundane lives and breath. It takes a strong force, Kim Joon, for them to wake up and realize that something is wrong. Once they find the real problem, they're unsure or what to do, because this goes against their pretending. To expose their issues and air their dirty laundry would be like saying that the past seven years didn't mean anything...since there was nothing of substance there.
But by embracing their faults and working towards the future, they've able to let go and finally validated their love. And by trying and not pretending, they're able to do that.
So to me, Valid Love is more about a marriage crisis that is solved by an affair more than anything else. 
The only real love story is between Yi Ri and Ki Tae who surprisingly complement each other quite well. I didn't like them at first, but they grew on me.

ascsp said: MochiRochi said: Despite the title of the show, I don't think Valid Love is a love story. It seems more about a couple who stopped living and through a series of events are able to break out of their mundane lives and breath. It takes a strong force, Kim Joon, for them to wake up and realize that something is wrong. Once they find the real problem, they're unsure or what to do, because this goes against their pretending. To expose their issues and air their dirty laundry would be like saying that the past seven years didn't mean anything...since there was nothing of substance there.

Guest Hat-x-taN

hi all .. that was more than 4 days of running away from spoilers but anyway ^^"
I know I'm gonna get killed (brutally maybe), but to be honest ... I really like the ending, I'm so sorry to LSH's fans but I'm really happy that IRLI and HT got back together (forgive me) they have a history together and that's really strong in relationships (specially marriage) 
I know there weren't hot scenes and stuff but I was kinda ok with it cause I wasn't actually hoping for it or anything I wanted heart touching moments  (again forgive me >~<)
I felt really bad for LSH though .. and Hee Soo also :'(
but I really didn't like it that they didn't tell us how  Hee Soo became like that in the first place !
the drama may not be THAT good, but I enjoyed it, I wouldn't say it was a waste of time :) and I would't say it was bad either 
*RUNS AWAY!* before any of you get the chance to "richard simons" kill me XD 

Wow...
I felt cheated?
I stopped watched after episode 7@8 and I skipped after that. It has turn from an excellent premise, directing to just that. This drama become my fav easily but suddenly it drifted apart from my heart. I wanted to see where the direction is going to see if I want to continued and felt relieve I didn't watch it dedicatedly. I really think this show should make her with Joon because it open up for her with lots of new potential and happiness but I can see that the writer wanted her be with HT from the very beginning and as @MochiRochi said it just a story how they try and want to rebuild their marriage again. All the things that happen is just plot device. But, it left me a sore throat and painful heart on how the drama can really turn into something epic to just that. However, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

And I agree with @libes‌ and @MochiRochi‌ - KJ did get his happy ending in a way, too. The writer brought his mom back into his life and he wasn't alone anymore. Kinda like HT - he also got his "mom" back in IR -- because, if you think about it, IR really IS his ideal omma in so many ways and on so many levels. ;) And she IS so much better than mama Jang. IR puts her needs and wants as less important than HT. She loves HT unconditionally: he can throw tantrums, slap her, and humiliate her in public -- and she will love him regardless AND beg him to come back..

So, it's all good - the two boys got their happy ending... (please excuse the sarcasm here.. Lol)

And I thought the writer was super clever in showing that parallel - it really is no coincidence that KJs happy ending was in the form of his mother.. ;) .. It was meant to mock HT (or guys with mama issues in general?) -- the theme that runs through all of Ep 20.

Archived