[Drama 2014-2015] Valid Love 일리있는 사랑

brokbsb

They should put out a Valid Love cookbook.
Fried Mackerel - The food of romance!
Ramen - The food of illicit love!
Yook-gae-jang - The food of betrayal!
Curry - Illicit love getting sort of serious now! Chow down and get down!
Bean Paste Stew - The food of tearful reconciliation!
Torn Kimbap - The food of flirtation!
Intact Kimbap - The food of "You have been dumped."
Lunchbox on the ground - "You disgust me."
Jja-jang-myun - Vomit on the head of boy you have a crush on! (Also, share it with that sort of creepy neighbor boy!)
Soju - Always the right choice!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was good to see KJ get a dose of his own medicine. He was forever barging into HT's home or showing up on his job in an effort to take HT's wife. Ignored all requests for him to leave. Now, HT gave him some of that back by showing up at his shop. KJ asks him to leave but he doesn't.  I bet HT did feel like gloating after everything he went through with KJ.

So it appears that KJ wanted HT to give IR the chair in the hopes that this would push IR towards him. Instead, it brought the two of them together and she never left home after that. He gambled, and lost.

Not a fan of IR, but I'm happy that HT is happy. It's nice to see him walk with a spring in his step. Not beaten down as he had before.

sweetpeaga said:

It was good to see KJ get a dose of his own medicine. He was forever barging into HT's home or showing up on his job in an effort to take HT's wife. Ignored all requests for him to leave. Now, HT gave him some of that back by showing up at his shop. KJ asks him to leave but he doesn't.  I bet HT did feel like gloating after everything he went through with KJ.

So it appears that KJ wanted HT to give IR the chair in the hopes that this would push IR towards him. Instead, it brought the two of them together and she never left home after that. He gambled, and lost.

Not a fan of IR, but I'm happy that HT is happy. It's nice to see him walk with a spring in his step. Not beaten down as he had before.

Well, only themost timid of acts of disobedience to the patriarchy here
chickfactor said: They should put out a Valid Love cookbook.
Jja-jang-myun - Vomit on the head of boy you have a crush on! (Also, share it with that sort of creepy neighbor boy!)

Guest faerieloveskdramas

I personally think KJ got the better end of the deal since he was a plot device to put the main couple (however weird and dysfunctional they were) back together. He made people happy, did his job, his mom (random plot device pulled from who knows where) "found" him. This is my poor attempt at trying to make this drama sound reasonable. 
@chickfactor I prefer torn kimbap and soju, can't go wrong there.

JoannaOC said: Well, only themost timid of acts of disobedience to the patriarchy here

alleverything said: sweetpeaga said:

Well since this group is going through the grieving process, it's time to move on to another Lakorn drama.

Glad HT found his happiness, even if it is with IR.  He had a heavy heart for many episodes. It's nice to see KJ with a heavy heart--to know what it feels like.

and the husband decided to forgive and take her back.

I remember HT said himself that who he is to forgive her. Her life doesn't belong to him. Her mistake hurt him and put their relationship at risk but her decision to stay wasn't because she felt guilty but her unchanging feeling for HT. HT is a good man but IR is also a human being like him and she has her life, her own feeling too. She deserves the right to choose, to love, to do whatever she wants to like everyone. She's flawed but HT is not perfect either. so stop making it like he is the ultimate victim here who deserves more than anybody else and IR has to feel relieved and lucky to be forgiven and taken back. what. hello, she wanted to end things with him, but not because she doesn't love him anymore, but because of the hurt and the scars she gave to both of them. HT still has feeling for her, and that's why he wants her back. The dynamic in their relationship has changed in the end, but i guess it went unnoticed. like at the reunion where she decided to leave without HT. She doesn't depend emotionally on him but lives for herself too. To me, every of them has lost sth but also gained sth in the end tbh. While i don't agree with some analyze and take on IR and Joon characters, i respect them, but some need to stop assuming and putting others in the same basket. smh. Personally for HT i'd rather him leave IR and start anew, he's smart and not bad looking and i'm sure he can find another wonderful and faithful woman easily but he stayed with IR. Is he really happy? Idk, i'm not sure, seeing him sitting alone at the same convenience store, drinking and sighing. I don't think his relationship with IR will ever be the same again. She'd always have Joon in a corner of her heart (as long as she still rest on his chair), and HS another BIGGER part of it. HT will have to live with it..? i guess it's his choice and he's matured enough to understand what he wants in his life and he can't get it all. just like IR and Joon or everybody else in this drama.

tumblr_nj7mvhyEYv1r2a1qgo1_540.png
I love love this, HS and IR getting on their backpack journey, happily ever after :)

HAHAHA...y'all are a riot in here, your humor is just too awesome!! I learned if I have an affair, ALL I have to do is cook tofu stew and cry in front of my husband and he will forgive me. 
To say Thanks to KJ with so-so kimbap is just pathetic. After all he had done and helped her, you would think an expensive meal would suffice. But nope, fishman wife made so-so kimbap to show her gratitude. I bet KJ thinks, THANK gawd, I got away from her net!!". Yeah boy, you did!! Woohoo!! For that, let's continue our PARTAY!!  <:-P

If you are going to have a love affair, have a love affair.  This was one continuous maudlin pity party about possibly having a love affair with giant doses of guilt and suffering.  In the end, the two guys seemed to have the best time together arguing over her.  She is still trapped into pathetic servile mode of the "good wife"  Sad, because she started as this wonderful Andromeda spirit and got housebroken into a servant for that creepy family.  
No joy in her life because of that husband.  It would have made an ok 2 hour movie, but the suffering was way, way too much.  We needed a few episodes of a burning love affair to merit the suffering.  

First of all, this is not replying to anybody in particular... like anybody else,i also want to share my thought on this drama... so, please spare me ^^.
Why hate,blame... even wanna kill the writer-nim?? Isn't he/she the reason we watch this drama?? (and for UTW/LSY/LSH of course) and have this 152 pages of discussion/thought/fight???
From what i learned as Drama watcher (what is this??? ^^), i shouldn't expect every ending to go as I wish... as much as I want it too..

If I have to calm my self from disappointment, i just imagine the ending the way I want it to be ended and i rest my mind to sleep. The next day, I forgot all about it and get on with my life. If I missed or suddenly remember about that drama again, i just go to drama site and watched it all over again, agonizing, commenting and stop or repeat only at my favorite scene and lastly, forget the ending...

My point is, all in all, I rated this drama as 8/10. For idea,scenery,words by words script,actors, flow of the story and a lot more... so I won't complain for being entertained. There were some low point here and there but that didn't make me want to quit watching and kill the writer :D
Well, that's me though and who am I to judge... ("who am I to forgive??" as HT said in his word when IR in coma~my lingering feeling ^^)

Lastly, Thank you to all for giving me a space to share this drama... thank you for sharing your thoughts too
Hope to meet you all in other dramas again soon...

Viki has VL subbed finally - I am going to properly send off VL by watching Ep 20. I hope you will still be around to deconstruct and discuss and maybe, debate. It's been a lovely day - thankful for all the laughs-- laughter can be the best medicine to heal a broken heart. :x and food @chickfactor‌ can help us walk down memory lane and remember the scenes/ dialogue in VL -- and there were some good ones!

chickfactor said: JoannaOC said: Well, only themost timid of acts of disobedience to the patriarchy here

Archived