[Drama 2014-2015] Valid Love 일리있는 사랑

brokbsb

i prefer yesterday's episode as my ending.

eventhough they made hee soo died. but the scene where she had conversation with ilri during her coma was beautifully delivered. she encouraged ilri to wake up and she wanted to exchange her place as the one who go away (die).  kim joon found out that he got rejected when ilri calling hee tae's name. writernim you broke his heart

today's ending was such a bitter sweet. ilri return home with hee tae.

gee tae, he got a kiss and the girl. what a lucky dude!

bitter for kim joon, sweet for the rest.

the end of richard simmons.

2015-02-03-21-09-45_deco_zpsagskr27c.jpg

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aidsincera

What the hell last episode was that?!?!?
FLIP A TABLE!!!! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻

So, the writernim have 20 episodes but she choose the last episode for KJ mother appearance?!?!
Seriously, writernim, I think you should find another job, as dementor or death eater in Harry Potter world. Coz your job only suck our happiness. Dammit writernim, jiancukkkk!!! :D

Anyway, thank you so much chingu and all my eonnie. It's been nice to know all of you. See you in other drama thread *HUG* :)

2015-02-04-00-18-20_deco_zpsglmvvwle.jpg

My Kdrama meme collection: http://aidsincera.tumblr.com/

Guest angeldarling

If IR wants to leave with HT they should have ended in 16 episode why  20 episodes  X( what a waste of time and energy   :( don't know why IR is choosing to go back to her old life, if she was so happy with HT then what is use of this affair  drama  ~X( the writer sucks  X(

Ok I learned something from vl , if I might cheat on my partner , it is ok . richard simmons happens . We will be able to continue to live together as if nothing happened .

Sorry writer-nim I m not buying it. If IR loved HT she wouldn't allow KJ to cross the lines . She would have putted an end to it after the very first kiss . I wasn't bothered to see a woman discovering herself again at the age of 30. Even if some people disagree strongly with me . I was rooting for IR-KJ not because KJ is just a pretty face as someone described him , he was her mirror and the man with whom she can be herself. Now, dear writer-nim, after too much plot twist, I lost every kind of sympathy towards IR . My heart breaks for KJ and that s all. It wasn't worth it at all. I was ready to accept that she will choose only herself or she ends up with KJ . But turning back to HT is just bull-richard simmons. Not because he is an unattractive man . No but because the relationship wasn't right. A woman hiding in her wash- room drinking soju for 7 years, suddenly is portrayed from being a victim to being her own enemy. She was the one who decided to sacrifice herself . Then why she kept trying to escape the stress by coming to KJ ??

Why she tells him to wait for her and treats him as her BF?

Really what is the point of the relationship between IR and KJ ?? Was it just for the sake of answering IR question about how would be it if I dated someone else ?

If it is so, then she shouldn t have gone that far to make him part of taking richard simmons from the Jangs . I' m disappointed and so sorry , if I belittled your hard work, dear writer. But this is how I see the story now.

The END

http:At least I just have a big fear..
hoh GOD  writernim you built up a affair story, making  the other blame and hitting to my KJ, so at least why don't you give us bang bang scene, to make it deserved for the whole silly thing up to my poor babe.. making for us a Disney Channel story is just toooo richard simmons richard simmons youuu  :((  ^:)^
KJ's act like a hero in my heart so I just soo mad about this. not even fair with my sweetheart .. 8-X

aww, even though I kind of expected such ending, it's still bittersweet somehow but i guess that's life. I like how every of them has grown a bit in the end and found their peace. Life goes on.IR now has started living for herself, not for HT, not for family in law. She's free in a way and can do what she loves, the painting she draw in the end tear me up a little, after everything it's still HS and IR, forever. *tears*It looked like KJ has met his mother, even though i'm not sure if they recognized each other but at least he knows he's not alone, and there's somebody out there beside IR who cares and thinks of him too. and him working with other people showed how he's changed, that he no longer has to drown in his loneliness, i'm certain he'll be happy. HT has reconciled with himself, with his feeling for IR. I don't think their relationship is reverting back to what it was before Joon. but they've found the compromise. there might not be the passion or such in their relationship but they can do without it.The scene where HT parents eat together and HS appears to eat with them made me tear up a little too. ;_;
As for my shipping heart, I smiled seeing IR relaxing on the chair J made, smiling contently and how peaceful she looks. Everyday, whenever she's exhausted or tired, she'll have a place to rest in and she'll think of him, again and again. 

I like how the cast looks so casual at the wrap up party lol gonna miss every of them, gonna miss this drama so much. I don't watch kdramas as often anymore but VL really made me think and cry and feel so much. I love its characters being so flawed and their complex feeling that makes them so human, even though they make me frustrated and want to pull my hair out when they do sth stupid, in the end my heart still goes out for them. Thank you the cast, writer-nim, director-nim, pd team everyone involved for this memorable drama. >:D< Hopefully I will get to see them back soon, maybe not LSY since she's gonna focus on her boxing career for a while. you go girl! but I definitely keep an eye on LSH, this drama was a discovery of his acting to me and i'm looking forwards to his next projects.Last but not least, thanks to everyone here for the constructive opinions, the rants and whatnot lol

Yes

Girl disappointing you? Come here there is your mommy waiting for you. Until now I was -insert random city- doing -insert random job- and I was a bit -insert random illness- but now I have done my hair and I am here. Hug me.

Guest angeldarling

writer nim if you had given us  bang bang scene or more kissing intimate scenes between our KJ-IR because LSY-LSH have hot chemistry . we should have forgiven you for the stupid ending but you cheated us till the end  X( we can never ever forgive u  X(  writer nim one more request please quit writing because many fans will stop suffering from watching your dramas  ~X( you can try to write for some kids drama not a affair drama like this because we never seen such a  unromantic , with no kisses, no bang-bang , no hugs , affair drama in our life.. X(

Guest angeldarling

I swear if a male had written the story we would have got the  more romance and bang bang scene has we expected and we would felt this drama is about affair only 

At first I thought the writer didn t want to show more romantic stuff between IR an KJ, to keep their love based on a deep connection not lust . Now I think "deep connection ? Yes my richard simmons" there is no connection at all, that s why there were no bang-bang . It is simple , richard simmons !

Guest hanakokoro

Second post on this thread for me... decided to wait until the end to add my two cents worth to the discussion. It's been an interesting ride, and there have been some really interesting and insightful comments made on this thread, both positive and negative.
The one thing that struck me at the end of this is that this is not a simple drama about a woman who has an affair. The english translation of the drama was "Valid Love", but in actual fact, it's closer to 'logical love' or 'love that makes sense'. I found this drama to be an exploration of what constitutes love and to an extent, what sort of love is "valid"? In this drama we see many different kinds of love... love borne out of guilt, love borne out of responsibility, love for one's family, love that goes astray, dangerous love, passionate love, puppy love, love borne out of loneliness, angry love, forgiving love... and the strength of that love in the face of adversity such as sickness, betrayal, death...how far would someone go to defend that love or to sacrifice themselves for that love? Different people deal with expressions of love differently, people place different emphasis on which kind of love is more important to them... yet does that validate or invalidate the love you sacrifice for the love you protect? For example, to me my love for my family always comes first. No matter how much I loved someone romantically, if it meant giving up my family, I would choose to give up the romance. I am sure others will feel differently. 
One thing that bothered me throughout this drama is that there was never any clear reason for why each character behaved the way they did. At some points it was like watching two different dramas with two sets of characters. There was so much contradiction in terms of words and actions from each character that I gave up trying to understand it. But now that the drama has come full circle, I think I finally see a bit of the light... This drama was in a sense fairly whimsical in its treatment. HS was like a fantasy character who was a central part of the drama. I think the writer deliberately chose to make everything extreme. It is a drama after all, so she took liberties to play up actions and thoughts that everyone grapples with on a daily basis and blew it up to show how different thoughts and actions can have different consequences. All this talk of "following my heart"... how many people actually have the guts to throw everything away on a whim, or because they were following their heart? Maybe there are such people, but if i honestly look at myself, I think about many things, but I will still yield to convention, to what is "right"... The drama showed the internal struggle of each character, blew up the reactions and kind of made it over the top and in your face. I don't know if what I am saying actually makes any sense. 
While I do admit that the initial premise of the drama made me uncomfortable with the whole affair thread and while the shallow fangirl in me was rooting for a IR-KJ ending initially, somewhere along the line it really stopped being about the affair. The affair was a plot device that shook up HT and IR's relationship, be it between themselves, between their family members and led each one to grow and mature by the end of the drama. KJ was the catalyst that forced everyone's hand and shook everyone out of the comfort zone and the status quo. I actually loved the ending of the drama... there was so much nuance there... even the introduction of KJ's mother (which I do agree could have been less of an abrupt surprise) showed that KJ had also grown from an insecure guy who intentionally shut himself out from the world, into someone willing to open his heart to let people in. You get the sense he has been rejecting his mom's attempts at reconciliation for a long time, and he finally tells her to let him come to her, when he is ready and that he is willing to try. 
HT and IR may have gotten back together, but yes, it is still not a perfect relationship. Nor is it the same relationship they had before. They realised that despite all that happened, they still loved each other. IR found herself and is no longer a doormat, and HT is slowly thinking about his wife... i think every character found their own peace at the end of the show. This is also the first drama I have seen in a long time that really kept you guessing to the end (largely because the behaviour of all the chracters was so unpredictable it was impossible to predict anything). 
Anyway, that's my two cents. Thanks for reading. It's been a great journey with everyone here. I've had a blast and this is probably the first time I've written anything this long... there is so much more I could say, but somehow... it's all stuck in my mind right now so I shall stop before I start rambling incoherently. And I have to end with... LSH is da bomb. I am so proud of him in this show. My favourite performance so far! :) And I love the bromance...wish there could have been more...:)

Guest favoree

So basically ,  this drama is about how an out of common KJ came to this average town with very average people living in that very average community  and KJ has  stir up all their average life . And although IR had some outstanding inclinations- like talent in drawing , but she never believed she would be able to stand out and she never  tried it out. That's why she couldn't go to KJ. When Kj left, the life at that district just went on as usual.Poor Joon. Seriously, for the  plot device he was too good. The guys like him usually become  famous artists, heros etc. Not everyone's cup of tea.

I don't even know where to begin?!! Should I begin with, "Fack you, writernim!!!"  Or should I begin with, "You piece of richard simmons that should forever be banned from writing a drama ever again!!!!" This is like Reply series nightmare all over again!! The fack this richard simmons made me go through this nightmare again!!!! Urghhh...*flippin' tables with @aidsincera
 I'm SO happy KJ left town and be that hawt boss who could get a much BETTER woman. Yeah dude, thanks for not running into that old woman's arms (whoever she is). Isn't it weird that IR still look in pain after she got together with HT. Her face is still withdrawn just like before. I thought she lit up when she saw KJ. Sorry richard simmons, you snooze, you loose! Mackerel is your fate...porever! You live once and you missed a GREAT opportunity to bang a hawt namjha!!  =))

This is like the second time(to me) they pull the card of second male lead's long lost mother sudden appearance in last ep. The last time was in Heirs with Kim Woo Bin character. though KJ is no YD, i felt the loneliness more in KJ than the latter.. and KJ is definitely more memorable to me (despite my endless crush on KWB! lol both need a leading role asap!)

Btw, I hope to see LSY post sth with LSH on her insta too, just because xD i mean, why not. VL is just a drama after all. give me sth in RL to continue dreaming lol

Archived