[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

Calling out to @mywebfootI am curious to know what is your thought on the development/usage of the female characters in Healer now, as compared to your previous thought of them. :)
Edit: Wait. Why are you writing thoughts only on your Tumblr? Post more thoughts here too! 
I have a feeling Jung Hoo will return to be Healer at the end, but perhaps not the same kind of work he does before. May be he'll assist in Someday News bringing down other 'Farmers', and cooperate with Detective Yoon (he did ask for help!). Young Shin will give her full support too, because she's just awesome that way. 

Guest mywebfoot

@sia3 three responses:

re: female characters in Healer - the perception is much improved. However, I am going to say that they still fall short of the male characters. @ocddramadee and @dramadrenaline expressed disatisfaction with how the show dealt with Chae Young Shin's anger over on their blog. I don't completely agree with their reaction, but that's a good example of how it might fall short. In short, CYS was short-changed. SJH gets to be mopey and beat people up over KMH's deception. CYS only gets to be briefly angry, followed by being nice and forgive him.
Now, on to how it improved. Ahjumma's back story (though it was just one measly scene). Choi Myung Hee's awakening (though we are yet to see the full impact of that). Chae Young Shin's instrumental part of Team Healer. All those awesome things. I want more of course, but hey, the show's title is Healer, so the focus must necessarily be on the male lead. Which is why... brewing in my head is this AU Healer fic - what if Ahjumma takes on a young female protege for her hacker role? I want a story on Ahjumma's successor. In my mind, I'd like for it to be another feral child - a street kid with an affinity for computers. She should be eleven years old, a foul-mouth, but just needing someone rough and tough like Ahjumma to be her mentor.

re: why only thoughts on tumblr? Because of the above. Poke me and I'll vomit out little bits of unrelated fic ideas that don't deserve to see light of day yet, so I just hide out in my tumblr where it's safe. Me and SJH, we're like that *shows twined index and middle finger* - we like to hide where we can just watch people and not be seen ;)

re: Jung Hoo's future career - yup I would love that! Supported by Liana, the Ahjumma protege. :D

Suddenly, I'm scared to watch the ending of this drama. I'm afraid that the ending might not meet our expectation. I'm afraid that there will not be happy ever after. I'm scared that our OTP will be separated. I'm scared that there will be more deaths and I'm so afraid that the evil MS and Elder will get away with their evil deeds.

Urgh! Please SJN writer-nim! Don't make my nightmare come true!

Oh gosh after catching up on 40 pages I totally have to wait till tomorrow's subs come out for both eps and digest at once and Then! SPAZZ about them.

One thing I can say with certainty - if KMH dies, it will be absolutely absolutely worth it!!! Gut splitting and heart wrenching but worth it!! Awesome dramatic payout.

I do Not personally want a candy ending where everyone rides off into the sunset of a Caribbean island. If the candy ending happens, to me it seems like the Baddies weren't bad enough to balance the heartbreak that Scooby Gang #1 and Scooby Gang 2.0 have been through!!!

Also, I would love to see an unveiling of sorts for Ahjumma. We as the audience have had a snippet of backstory, but I think a satisfying physical appearance in the final acts would be fabulous!!!! At the very least, JH needs to meet her, for Pete's Sake!!!

Anyway....just my 2 ruples. Anyone else?

Hi everyone.

Have only caught up with Ep 18 earlier today. I must say, having argued for Kim Moon-shik's villainy couple of weeks ago now I'm a little bit cautious and anxious. @carmens convinced me that there must be something more behind his schemes...

I must admit I was wrong years ago about Severus Snape. So now I'm hesitant to judge.  :(

AdelaM said:

AdelaM

said: I really wish I could go watch him too!! Chingus from Korea you are some lucky chingus to have this possibility!

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 1.538em; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; line-height: 1.26; word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);"[Musical] Ji Chang Wook to continue performances with “The Days”Posted by Gabby

after watching some of the scenes (with sub of course) two things that come to mind

1. KMS world will crumble if myung-hee leave him.. even Elder acknowledge that fact... maybe that will be useful if YS come forward and say she' s the daughter that myung hee thought was dead... as if YS/Ji-an is like a lifeline to everybody

2. I like the fact that Daddy Chae is very considerate to her daughter's feeling when she found out about her birth mother...he even praised her baking skills and doesn't feel a bit jealous of her. YS is very lucky to have such man to raise her like his own flesh and blood... even to the point of 'killing' the man she loves... that scene I do believe both JH and PBS are really scared of Daddy Chae coz he can't fight back his future father-in-law...at least he has someone that he's afraid of :D

dramamama5 said: Oh gosh after catching up on 40 pages I totally have to wait till tomorrow's subs come out for both eps and digest at once and Then! SPAZZ about them. One thing I can say with certainty - if KMH dies, it will be absolutely absolutely worth it!!! Gut splitting and heart wrenching but worth it!! Awesome dramatic payout. I do Not personally want a candy ending where everyone rides off into the sunset of a Caribbean island. If the candy ending happens, to me it seems like the Baddies weren't bad enough to balance the heartbreak that Scooby Gang #1 and Scooby Gang 2.0 have been through!!! Also, I would love to see an unveiling of sorts for Ahjumma. We as the audience have had a snippet of backstory, but I think a satisfying physical appearance in the final acts would be fabulous!!!! At the very least, JH needs to meet her, for Pete's Sake!!! Anyway....just my 2 ruples. Anyone else?

I honestly think it'll be a happy ending in certain reasonings. Like how this show set off to be, 3 kids (MH not rly th kid but yknow) meeting tgt, coming ttgt to resolve a mystery abt the tragic past of their parents/brothers in MH's pov. The key is to come tgt to find out the truth abt their past in order to fully find themselves. So wouldnt it be redundant if anyone ends up dying? Thats how i feel though... Like the 3 are as pitiful as they are. I feel like we're all along watching the story of them growing up to find this big plot which ruined their lives in the past and for them to resolve and really start to live.

That said, I cant help the negative in me to worry too aft ep 18 >< Is like all the prelude of happiness felt like something bad will happen in the end... Like why show us the happy scenes first? I hope im wrong though. Maybe its just to relax us before climax in finale next wk... The characters deserve to resolve evrrything, fight down the Elder and rly live their lives happily.

i can't help but to comment on OJA's reaction when she saw SJH with PDC. i don't know if she still thinks that healer killed the guy knowing that she herself informed healer that the goons are going towards him.

her suspicions is not justified just because she didn't see them (goons) when she arrived. ~X( ~X( ~X(

i was ranting while i was watching last night. hahaha. sorry just had to post this.

Watching Healer Ep. 17 with subs and...  at 23:10 and following when Secretary of Death is speaking with Evil Elder... is that a picture of MOTHER THERESA in the background at Evil Elder's house?  Now THAT'S what I call a contradiction...  >-)

Oh noes. After watching Ep 17, I'm getting a sick feeling in my stomach about Moon Ho. Is the writer foreshadowing his death?! I don't like the way the news director was telling him to go back as he was before, to fight the fight slowly, because that way he would be able to live a long, long time. When she got to that last part, my heart stopped. Is he not going to live a long life?

Also, the way he is living life joyously right now, fighting alongside the kids. It's like the writer is giving him his last hurrah so that if he goes, it'll be on his own terms, fighting, and knowing that he lived fully until the end.

It's a very Sirius Black sort of situation, for those familiar with Harry Potter.

I can see Moon Ho's death as being impactful, and heroic even, but man, I do not want it!!!! I'd sacrifice that all to see him live happily. I've been hoping that once the fight was over and his heart finally at peace, he and the news director could finally have their chance. To me a sweet ending would be just as awesome, if not better, than an emotionally charged ending.

I pray that my gut tells me wrong.

I pray also that tomorrow comes soon so that I can watch the next ep!!!! (Watching on Dramafever and the 1-day delay is HELL! :P)

Thoughts on KMH is going to be dead also bothering me in some point, all this time he always felt guilty and thinking being silent is his crime. I can picture him being heroic and sacrificed, but I don't him to be like that... I mean he deserves a happiness and closure then living in peace along with JH and YS.

I read some theories above regarding writer foreshadowing KMH dead, but it also comes to my mind like that when he took his employees photos...

I just hope KMS knows that he's his brother after all, I have my doubt but also my faith. If someone deserves to die its KMS to my opinion. He's one hella conflicting character..., instead of KMH why don't we have KMS sacrificed for his brother?

Ps: seeing how an amazing writer like SJN can make unexpected turn on this drama. I just can't wonder how the ending's going to be. Anyway this is just my opinion :)

Guest Leylalinn

Only 2 more episode. Noooo

Happy ending please writternim.

Ep 18...so sweet.but dont luke with cliffhanger in the end. Please please nothing happen with mh and cys jh.

Me....still cant move from this drama.