[MBC Weekend Drama 2014] The Legendary Witch 전설의 마녀

joy17

@valsava.... thank you...  that makes sense...  she needs to learn that these kind of people dislike her no matter what she does.

@jadeclowd.. thank you for your insights..     :)

Waiting to see her transformation... and how she deals with this family later on..... I hope she gives them hell....

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MSI...I think her character is a little hard to categorize. It's as if she feels guilty that she married her husband...the family certainly made sure of that. Naive? Certainly. Stupid, not sure. Weak? perhaps. I found her characterization a little inconsistent. She is very nice (and trusting) to the family that treats her poorly but could not thank the stranger who took her to the hospital properly? I get she was miffed at him re-the ring, but she was quite strong in that interraction I had to do a double take. It was a different image she portrayed...even at the hospital with the little girl. Pushing her to the ground...I was like who is this? And again, I get she was grieving but...Unless that is just a little glimpse into what she could possibly become...She is no walkover but felt guilty enough to allow those folks to walk all over her...but could care less about the stranger who helped her...mmhh

LOL I thought that her interaction with the male lead was just typical kdrama 101 "the OTP starts with hating each other then fall in lurve". But the scene with his daughter did make me pause. She just looked then left. It's not like her husband was coming back alive if she didn't say at least sorry. I definitely agree with @stuartjmz‌ , she's definitely not stupid (at least for now lol )I'm wary of some of HJH'S characters she has played or more like her dramas *cough* May Queen and I Summon You Gold *cough*

stuartjmz said: It's universally acknowledged that judgement is impaired by fatigue, so when someone is exhausted to the point of collapsing, undernourished and the victim of constant psychological abuse, they are prime candidates for being manipulated as she was. So was she naive? Absolutely? Ignorant? Undoubtedly. Does that mean she's stupid. Not at all. To all who called her stupid, I'd suggest seeing how good your own judgement and decision-making would be in those circumstances. 

Guest sullifish

@jadecloud yay at last ep 5 gonna air tomorrow..i cant wait for it anymore....hope that 4 woman can get the revenge to that Ma family... i really hate them so much

jadecloud said: stuartjmz said: It's universally acknowledged that judgement is impaired by fatigue, so when someone is exhausted to the point of collapsing, undernourished and the victim of constant psychological abuse, they are prime candidates for being manipulated as she was. So was she naive? Absolutely? Ignorant? Undoubtedly. Does that mean she's stupid. Not at all. To all who called her stupid, I'd suggest seeing how good your own judgement and decision-making would be in those circumstances. 

Guest keitachan

I think she is more stupid than naive. And desperate for acceptance. Naive means you have no experience of something  so you are not aware of the dangers around. But she was aware of how the OB feels about her and his thoughts on her unsuitability. She should also know his character well enough to know he would not change to a nice person and overlook  his own kids so quickly. Plus, she had to have known about his propensity for illegal maneuvers. It was how her husband came to be CEO because the OB was looking at jail. Plus with her husband gone she is alone and so is desperate for love and acceptance even from those bottom feeders.
All this means she is rather stupid rather than naive. But she is smartening up by the minute. 
I wish her husband was still alive. It seems her really loved her and treated her very well. That he was bold enough to leave his family for her and would not abandon her just to be CEO says he is awesome. Not a typical Korean husband for sure.

Calling msi stupid isn't harsh it the right call for us westerners in the us, but msi action towards her dead husbands family...accepting a position knowing full well shes not qualified for and knowing how much he disdains her...and she still went along with it...fits the definition of stupid no ifs ors or buts about that. Its like the saying fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.
But in defense of msi she was only being respectful and dutiful dil towards her husbands family as it is expected, but i am more disappointed in her because she was not being suspecious after everything that had happened with the in-laws. On that ground she be stupid in my opinion. Im suspecious of everyone who gives me something with nothing in return...its called common sense.

MSI was fully warned about not trusting people blindly I like this about the mistress letting her know there's a price for everything lack of food or water has nothing to do with accepting a position she isn't equip for.. So I really don't but this theory.. He could have easily put one of his other many kids in that position..    

TLW ep5 ending ep6 preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKdHHrm7UyE&feature=youtu.be
CR: As tagged
Ep 5 ending was hilarious! MSI and NWS meet again...hehe...but under adverse comical circumstance...LOL.Love this drama :)

Ep 5 ending scaps :)) :)) =))
q924N9B.jpgCosxAc9.jpg

eLryBNc.jpgYgBaKeH.jpg
irfunic.jpg
dUojnYE.jpg
j9hsSi9.jpg
NgAhEuz.jpg

Ep 6 preview scaps
VzEvj5p.jpg
861EpmK.jpg
j4o80pF.jpg

VVCW3Ku.jpg
HEXsnuI.jpg
zNB6W6E.jpg
UO19yxA.jpg
Dsu9qn0.jpg
NWS: I wonder who is dad's girlfriend?IHZFyXZ.jpgXXYRm2y.jpgMJR: I heard (MDJ is) having an engagement meeting soon?O45MwNk.jpgvNYuFBK.jpgMJR: Mother and son are both good at seduction...natural born talent!eRD1LPi.jpgK2eEV8G.jpgPrez Ma: Do you meet up with NWS often?ccZu681.jpg
i7lXbMT.jpgKUtYwgE.jpgxTRYmq6.jpg
Prez Ma: Ask him to come back soon.FKXejeB.jpg
Awd3qZx.jpg
MJH: Sunbae, how have you been?ldL37sY.jpg
MJH: I miss you and little Byeol, that's why I'm herexpHOXod.jpg
9UJlGJ8.jpg
SPG: Who allowed you to touch that?ST44IdF.jpg
MSI: Why like that again? Enough!gGzYeDD.jpg
Ml902xZ.jpg
Prison warden: It's time to send the kid to the village (takes baby away)WFKkcpU.jpg
69dcrul.jpg
fN24AqX.jpg
xtfc1Ew.jpg
MJH: I'm almost done with my new biz plan3MecbwW.jpg
MJH: It's to provide (baking) education to retention center convictsV5OxNNE.jpg
Prez Ma: Educating the retention center convicts? (Good idea!)2TOAh5Q.jpg
OHhAcRU.jpg
SPG: What a special and fresh creation!
YPcu0Hb.jpg
REjlNkc.jpg

Enjoy :)

Here I go with my predictions, MA killed SN husband and the mistress helped cover it up and stole what ever SN buried under the tree. The baker is SN son. The mistress son will be on the girls side because he will want to raise his child and not make him live the way he has. The whole MA clan is scum and that's why they are doomed to be unhappy, those that are extension of the family will find strength to turn on them from the women , I will not be surprised if the son is not dead but when he comes back it will be to late to win his wife back. 

I have a confession to make. Does anyone curious about how SPG is related to MA's family. It seems like she has a lot of hate in her heart. I feel like she is the one that have the mistery we have to solve.

Guest Kdramaftw9

Oh I hope the husband doesn't come back. It will be too cliche, plus, I want our heroine to take revenge on the family that wronged her and find out what happened to her husband. If the husband comes back, she will have trouble taking revenge because it IS his family after all. I really love the main male actor. He is very handsome and looks like the person who will help our heroine. I'm not sure how their romance will develop but I cannot wait. 
Btw, when the lead actor wife died in car accident, was the person driving the youngest daughter of the rich family? (the girl who likes the main actor)  

I love the pace of this drama. Love that they didn't spend a lot of time on the past. Every episode revels one mystery after another. 

Archived