[MBC Weekend Drama 2014] The Legendary Witch 전설의 마녀

joy17

Lmangla said: did folks get a chance to see ep 1? what are your impressions? am not sure if this drama was supposed to be funny but found myself laughing especially during the funeral hall scenes because the family is such a farce. they all pretend to care that their brother is dead and yet are more interested in creating a scene and trying to figure out their next more. the only one who seems to be really grieving is Soo In but she must be a saint because she seems totally oblivious or just doesn't care that the entire family is viperish. she is too busy grieving and actually feeling guilty that her bad luck resulted in her husband's death.. even the scene how the inmates all meet up outside the funeral home seemed kind of cheesy -- besides, none of them actually remember meeting each other or perhaps they will at some other point... but the more interesting question is does temporary leave from jail really exist in real life?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annyeong Hase-yooooo :) Glad to see more peeps joining this thread :)
Some random thots/queries:
SBN has a son...where's he? From chinese forum, it seems the son was murdered together with the spouse, thus sending SBN to prison for familiar homicide. But we all know she was framed. Likely culprit would be President Ma, MSI's FIL. And as she was digging the roots of the big tree where her old house used to be for evidentiary docs apparently late spouse had buried....my question is why didn't she tell prosecutors before she was convicted 30 years ago? Was that ignorance or ... Or was she being manhandled or manipulated so badly by the police/court that caused her to suffer a case of short term amnesia? Also, I think her son whom she thought was dead, could turn out to be NWS, who had lost his childhood memories. What happened that made him lose his memories then? Abuse or accident?

NWS and MJH were college mates. It seems he went to USA(?) after his wife died, bringing NB there for her surgery(still don't know what illness NB was suffering from). I guess while there, he went to college and met college-mate MJH. But, neither NWS nor his late wife's family appear to be rich, so how did he afford college and medical fees?  
NWS late wife was buried in Korea at grave site they(NWS and NB) visited. NB was born in Korea? How did NWS' late wife died? Did her death have any connection to President Ma again? No surprise that NWS will end up working with MJH and MSI in Shinwah Corp. No surprise that Shinwah Corp has a subsidiary bakery biz. Ha!
NWS' FIL is SBN's good friend. If SBN turns out to be NWS' mom, then it's like a coming around of a full circle as parental-in-laws.  
I was curious to understand why this drama was thus titled: 전설의 legendary remarkable enough to be famous; very well known.
마녀witch a woman thought to have evil magic powers
That means MSI(and the other 3) will not remain pitiful or silly or pure(esp in MSI' case) for too long. That means MSI/they will become stronger and smarter, and sly(yeah, with evil intent to right the wrongs done to her/them!) i.e. making remarkable achievement like helming/running a successful bakery or baking products corp? Thus making all of them transform remarkably? slyly? But it seems the english title is somewhat lacking compared to the Chinese title, which contains more meaning...at least it includes the hint of unjust treatment, which the four convicts suffered.

Still many questions to be answered. Still early days yet...BUT predictable? I hardly think so. Simple-minded moi I really don't know yet that it will be as predictable. Perhaps it may turn somewhat makjang-ishly-ridiculous. IMO, if we/writernim throw everything including the kitchen sink in, chances are we will end up with a predictable ending. 

tijdiZS.jpg
NWS' wife died at the young age of just 24 years old. I think it could have been due to an accident, where NWS was the driver, I think that was how he lost part of his memory - his childhood. I think somehow during his future interaction with MSI as their work and personal lives are intertwined, his childhood, esp his orphanage days, where (surprise) MSI was a part of, will surface.
Perhaps ;))

Ep 1 ended with a shocking revelation by FIL. After watching ep 2....No wonder FIL had a 180-change of mind! Instead of throwing MSI out the door after the funeral rites as he had told her.... FIL made MSI the CEO of Shinhwa! Sly old man indeed! 
Bravo to the late MDH who left all his company shares (and power) to MSI. 
oZQJWvh.jpg
hPqUJvv.jpg
jdDqdvG.jpg
KbNsdpU.jpg
r6Kw3jZ.jpg
gjeM8Ji.jpg
CmZEAhb.jpg

jadecloud said:
I was curious to understand why this drama was thus titled: 전설의 legendary remarkable enough to be famous; very well known.
That means MSI(and the other 3) will not remain pitiful or silly or pure(esp in MSI' case) for too long. That means MSI/they will become stronger and smarter, and sly(yeah, with evil intent to right the wrongs done to her/them!) i.e. making remarkable achievement like helming/running a successful bakery or baking products corp? Thus making all of them transform remarkably? slyly? But it seems the english title is somewhat lacking compared to the Chinese title, which contains more meaning...at least it includes the hint of unjust treatment, which the four convicts suffered.

Mysteries surrounding NWS - who is he, really? Will he turn out to be an illegitimate son unknown to President Ma from one of his many flings (besides mistress CAR)? Or son of convict SBN? 
And... who was it who sent him that letter and half-torn photo? who was the other female in the photo of trio? was that the head of orphanage?I think the letter and torn photo was sent by the head of the orphanage whom he was going to visit, but who had died before he could see her. 
4Xokr20.jpg
Nvc325u.jpg
aHDsqQB.jpg
MENmx6S.jpg
azyjDj4.jpg
Sv4ZeTA.jpg\

And as NWS shows his FIL the torn photo, he tells his FIL of his memory loss.
PKwtcoN.jpg
z003iT2.jpg
HKtu2kT.jpg
vbJ6Njn.jpg
MErZWtc.jpg

ggry

said:

jadecloud

said:

I was curious to understand why this drama was thus titled

:

전설의 legendary remarkable enough to be famous; very well known.

Guest ororomunroe

So who has MSI's shares now? Did the FIL take it from her when she went to prison? 
And I'm kinda confused. Did the FIL divorced his mentally ill wife and married CAR? Or is she just a mistress? 

Hi @all :)First post here!Generally I avoid long-running dramas (Thanks to 'Wonderful Days') but LW is kind of a relief.Makjang-ness is obvious since ep1 but i'm glad the show is laced with comedic relief here and there :):DNWH - Byeol are adorable and in all honesty, I can't understand Ma clan.Sometimes they're really nice and considerate. Other times, complete b!tchy -_-
Hey @jadeloud :DUmm, about the pic and letter sent to NWH... Doesn't it slightly feel like someone's blackmailing him? No, 'Luring' would be the right word? Eh, you get the idea :|I don't think , whoever wrote that, had any "pure" intentions and without any ulterior motives :/
Anyway, sorry (for spamming) if  these have been posted already!
They celebrated Jeon In-Hwa's (The mistress) b'day recently. She doesn't age or what?*_*Plus, some BTS pix!
0vda0Ak.jpg

m0Atr1g.jpg
8mf6EUg.jpg
sqnuJSL.jpg

WFztdLe.jpg

Already shot 6th ep!
90q3Sjr.jpgbSbZVY4.jpg96ueDVL.jpg

Credit to owners.

Pic Spam - 2.
o4aDxJm.jpgF1RJ00q.jpgo3qutRE.jpgfKkmdCs.jpg0uw8hXr.jpgfQm6xR1.jpgmwqbayS.jpg

5Tbnj2f.jpg2Z11qvw.jpgt4s2are.jpg

Everybody hanging out at Seoul PingPong Club...which is a common hangout place of DSW,btw.Got that bit of info while shipping SoGong. Heh! DSW is a bestie of Gong Hyo Jin and they (along with their friends) hangout at this particular club.
eK8UOPr.jpgqdlKeGR.jpgU7kaYhI.jpgANg6DG7.jpglpPDgdO.jpg

Credit to owners.

@nikkisjs hey hey bud...glad to see you here :) :-h and spamming....er..I mean posting (pot calling the kettle black)..hehe
Interesting BTS pics and glad to know the cast is getting along so very well. And that familiar Seoul Ping Pong Club...haha...is ping pong one of the top fave games in SK? amongst kcelebs?
No! JIH doesn't age AT ALL! Still looking fab and still acting so awesomely. 
I love the comedic moments too...much needed relief indeed! PJS, LJW and OHK are all good at making us laugh. 
Loving this TLW cast and drama more and more...Can't wait to see the plot unfold!
Btw...
imageCR: @nikkisjs and owner
That lil girl NB is so cute. That must be her real mom....I see a cookie cutter there :))

@nikkisjs,  Hi it's been sometime and welcome aboard..  We getting a lot of the regular soompiers in this thread and I love it being with the firmilar names so the spazzing should be lot's of fun..

This drama and the connection of these women is going to be interesting when they find out that old man and his family is the reason for they ill fated plight 

Archived