[MBC Weekend Drama 2014] The Legendary Witch 전설의 마녀

joy17

I really liked this drama, but could have done without some of the drama in the last 10 or so episodes.  Not the payback to the family, but them bringing back the husband.  The husband was such a good man that I could truly understand how he must have felt. He's waking up from a coma to find that his wife is dating another man.  Although time has passed, it hasn't to him.  Why the writer decided to do this, I will never know. She loved her husband deeply and they had been through a lot. She was in the beginning stages of a new relationship with Woo Suk, I'm not sure in reality she wouldn't have gone back to her husband--the man that she loved. He was willing to give up his family and move because of his love for her.  I hate the writer had to kill him off twice--unnecessary in this drama. It only made me question what is meant by 'love' in this drama.

All that being said, it was a very enjoyable drama.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was really difficult for me to get to watch the last 4 episodes. I love guests, but not when they stay for a week and disturb my "drama routine".

Anyway, I've finally watched the ending and I have to say that Do Hyun is not the most pitiful one. The most pitiful one is son-in-law Park. He was disconsidered most of the drama, and in the end he had to clean up the mess made by the Mas. On wiki it says that one of Lee Seung Joon's skills is boxing, a skill that would have proved useful for son-in-law Park.

This drama was frustrating on many levels, but what I've liked about it was the cast and staff's teamwork. I've seen BTSs from other dramas, but these were my favourites.

I was about to forget about Nam Woo Seok. Except for some understandable reactions, I've mostly liked his character and his maturity in his relationship with Soo In but I hope I'll never ever see Ha Seok Jin in a role where "his lover's dead lover" comes back to life.

It took much self-prodding for me to finally finish the last 2 eps of this drama. I, for one, cannot understand why and what motivated this writernim to take a good-almost-excellent drama and mess it up towards the last leg, though I don't dislike the wrap up of it cos it's been pretty much as we here have predicted or surmised. I don't know who I feel is more pitiful, writernim or MDH?; or who I deem to have stolen the show. Lil Byeol or 911? BUT I know this - Lil Byeol certainly stole my heart. I'd definitely be watching out for Lil Byeol in future dramas. She is so cute and so very talented! If only writernim would have done more to harness her talent and scripted her for more screen time, esp. screen time with NWS and MSI, instead of the ridiculous and gawd-awful attempt in 'bringing back the dead husband and killing him soon after', or...aish, what's the point in lamenting now? Overall, I agree with most of you here - this drama is enjoyable and does have its funny moments. 
Thank you @ALL for an enjoyable spazz time. Thank you @gerrytan8063 for persevering with the translation and tidbits on K-culture/etc. See you all in some other threads :)
For the last time, here is Lil Byeol with members of the cast post-ending of drama:
JUsob4u.jpg
LQow45O.jpg
3RTw0BA.jpg
OCEYxEc.jpg
lZsJo3x.jpg
39mJJUK.jpg

And lastly....awww....kyeopta!rFAZaLk.jpg
CR: TLW Baidu

And....the drama wrap up party shots...one more thing that caught my eye - The TEAMWORK AND CAMARADERIE was AWESOME! Viewers could almost feel they are like-family or close friends. Jjang! =D>
KFjXLIF.jpg
m7DT0up.jpg
Be9EB2t.jpg
MeCTVfN.jpg
ShUgJi8.jpg
OMFstYr.jpg
uIW5kuS.jpg
Tiebb6p.jpg
J7l4e53.jpg
joe9GGU.jpg
soflr63.jpg
TTkZBbX.jpg
VIrOBBB.jpg
CR: TLW Baidu

Hannahmiriam said: It was really difficult for me to get to watch the last 4 episodes. I love guests, but not when they stay for a week and disturb my "drama routine".
Anyway, I've finally watched the ending and I have to say that Do Hyun is not the most pitiful one. The most pitiful one is son-in-law Park. He was disconsidered most of the drama, and in the end he had to clean up the mess made by the Mas. On wiki it says that one of Lee Seung Joon's skills is boxing, a skill that would have proved useful for son-in-law Park.
This drama was frustrating on many levels, but what I've liked about it was the cast and staff's teamwork. I've seen BTSs from other dramas, but these were my favourites.
I was about to forget about Nam Woo Seok. Except for some understandable reactions, I've mostly liked his character and his maturity in his relationship with Soo In but I hope I'll never ever see Ha Seok Jin in a role where "his lover's dead lover" comes back to life.

@Iclaraki SIL Park is pitifull because he is the one left to clean the mess and take care of his wife and his FIL - as the most concerned by the family's interest left for the States... That girl was unlikeable until the end. Do Hyun has gotten rid of all his worries.. It was more like a "ironical-bitter-jokingly" remark.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

among the 3 dramas that i had viewed which stretched upto 40 or 50 episodes, ie. Your are the best Lee Sooon Shin, Heard it through the grapevine & The Legendary Witch, found this drama is the most meaningful & rewarding after spending weeks watching them...it really has a good storyline about a wrongful accused prisoner whom is able to redeem oneself through the help of generous & kind people in our society...hope you guys & gals can a make point in watching this beautiful drama... 

Archived