[MBC Weekend Drama 2014] The Legendary Witch 전설의 마녀

joy17

jadecloud said: @nikkisjs hey hey bud...glad to see you here :) :-h and spamming....er..I mean posting (pot calling the kettle black)..hehe
Interesting BTS pics and glad to know the cast is getting along so very well. And that familiar Seoul Ping Pong Club...haha...is ping pong one of the top fave games in SK? amongst kcelebs?
No! JIH doesn't age AT ALL! Still looking fab and still acting so awesomely. 
I love the comedic moments too...much needed relief indeed! PJS, LJW and OHK are all good at making us laugh. 
Loving this TLW cast and drama more and more...Can't wait to see the plot unfold!
Btw...
imageCR: @nikkisjs and owner
That lil girl NB is so cute. That must be her real mom....I see a cookie cutter there :))

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annyeong :)
Ep 3 was good. I like the pace of this drama which is rolling out events one after another, without being draggy. Yet also comical. I was a little late and missed about 30% of the ep. Anticipating the engsubbed version to see what I missed and to fully understand the plot. 
Brief recap with screencaps:

MSI and NWS cross path and meets again. This time around, it was awkward and embarrassing for MSI. As MSI prepares and heads to her inauguration speech, she skips taking the elevator and climbs up the stairs instead. While doing so, she trips and somehow makes a tear on her stocking. She looks around the stairway area and seeing no one around, she removes her torn stocking. Just then, NWS who is coming down the stairs after his meeting with MJH, sees MSI in her compromisingly awkward posture as she tries to remove her stocking. LOL. As they see each other face-to-face again, they both remember their little tussle at the beach. MSI receives a call to inform her the inauguration is about to start. She then hurries off. NWS sees the 'black thing' on the floor, picks it up out of curiosity. At that time, some office ladies come through the door, see NWS with the stocking and were stunned. LOL. 
b55nM1s.jpg

uNsRiQK.jpg
oN6gqVs.jpg
qKMTjlT.jpg
StaCxpo.jpg
sHfrzQQ.jpg
YJwFm9O.jpg
wKLv2o1.jpg
wSVEgdz.jpg
IhmLuft.jpg
WNFHXOe.jpg
aAde3RV.jpg
BSOx6VI.jpg
ujxPPot.jpg
7Ucd5SH.jpg
8o7ob64.jpg
snpWl7D.jpg
2Xw3zse.jpg
zmn2Es0.jpg
MsO8S2L.jpg
9pNk0Ck.jpg
9iPjvBm.jpg

Ep 3 brief recap with screencaps continues...
As soon as MSI gets her glory when she introduces herself as the new boss at Shinhwa Corp, it is also where ...

we see later how FIL slyly tricked MSI into signing a document that brings about an investigation by the police the next day, and when MSI was also openly arrested while at work 

Pchu5yJ.jpg
Lgte1RD.jpg
iVrGEg9.jpg
Aralnxs.jpg
zLuw9Oi.jpg
fXxmTGL.jpg
b4TL5TD.jpg
KcAYQPH.jpg

As a respite from the 'heavy' stuff, the comedic moments are timely...first,SIL MJR creates a ruckus by attending the new boss' inauguration ceremony while somewhat drunk. MJR then goes on to confront MSI from the floor while MSI was still on the stage. MJR also confronts her dad as to why he puts MSI at the helm. Her drunken state adds comic relief LOL and, second, when she is being piggy-backed and taken away by TWH, and third, when SPG confronts TWH when she sees him with MJR...all that add more comic moments... LOL. And I love the funny background music being played during these scenes.   

hZPCr8b.jpg
sAAYdag.jpg
grDAiut.jpg
ftPFKqm.jpg
M8V7Nof.jpg
7TyLqkQ.jpg
XXFx1Ys.jpg
p2xZRwv.jpg
yOa13km.jpg
nbkJj1k.jpg
zLmvs5j.jpg
IHHhEbn.jpg
Yva9x3k.jpg
9dCdE7W.jpg
iMpuKnl.jpg
T8zceNQ.jpg
09Cf15J.jpg
zzudwVR.jpg
p6URrrH.jpg
LMw521r.jpg
EmheYqg.jpg
mpuU8Vf.jpg
1cWpvi1.jpg

Then comes the revelation of how NWS' wife died - which means NWS was a single dad and raises NB since she was a baby. Awesome dad there! - NWS has another nightmare while sleeping with NB. Scenes of a car's backseat full of baby products, and of a pregnant lady being involved in a car accident, and being bloodied and taken to hospital. NWS was at that time busy studying in the library in college, and when his phone rang. He then wakes up from his nightmare. 
2KhulL5.jpg

xh6y1Y7.jpg
cZshjOk.jpg
ho0SFaW.jpg
HJZpZHy.jpg
eUhTxMO.jpg
25PhWsp.jpg
ud4RR05.jpg
3Y2zxVK.jpg
7RyJe1l.jpg
7MjJTNO.jpg
LGV3PQJ.jpg
JGcAygf.jpg
nfDZ30g.jpg
jgg2w9J.jpg
hPiFnIL.jpg
6Jalwlc.jpg

My hunch that SBN is the mother of NWS may well turn out to be true. In this ep, CAR bumps into NWS having coffee with MJH at a cafe. They both know each other. Wonder what is their connection? 
After seeing NWS, we see CAR asking driver TWH to leave her the car. She then drives the car herself, and goes to the big tree where SBN was last seen digging for buried stuff. The landlady knows CAR, who asks her if anyone has been there. Landlady then tells CAR of SBN having been there digging at the tree roots. CAR looks regretful and surprised. What is the relationship between CAR and NWS? Did she do something to cause NWS from being separated from SBN? Did she help her husband/MSI's FIL to cause SBN's husband to die, and then framed SBN for the death? 
ns71f91.jpg

S5u5aGR.jpg
UpFvyJD.jpg
5KZLWTM.jpg
fUv5v3S.jpg
Ps4KNJu.jpg
ZJ6Sxqr.jpg
yo56EZz.jpg
9dZ36VL.jpg
nRIDnF9.jpg
bdRqoaF.jpg
GGqvB02.jpg
pv7Wzet.jpg
1ABH9D2.jpg
gBsQJ4J.jpg
FDCH6FO.jpg
RIeX3BG.jpg
TtKjHUK.jpg
4urYhBx.jpg
WH9Ecga.jpg
WaDqKee.jpg

MSI being given the wrong time for a meeting and sees an empty meeting room. Obviously being tricked and manipulated by FIL, who shows up with a document for her to sign. MSI hesitated initially, but at FIL's pressure, MSI inked the document that eventually led to her arrest.
RtVw13f.jpg
gSDBUOz.jpg
8hh9FWX.jpg
vfHgsiC.jpg
flqkrNU.jpg
dmaXAhp.jpg
rnZbSHJ.jpg
4v1OvSJ.jpg
LObtbJa.jpg
PnUmd2I.jpg
Q42j7PV.jpg
5GBGfcj.jpg

The document that MSI inked brought about news headlines to Shinhwa Corp the next day. MSI starts her day at work, looks at the news on her computer and realizes something is not right.  Just then, the police comes in with a search and arrest warrant, while FIL is having tea in his office. MJH checks in with dad and learns from dad his shocking deed. 
MSI is arrested on the spot. As she leaves the office building, out front at the building a group of reporters lay awaiting. MSI takes a look at Shinhwa Corp building, and then realizes she has been manipulated and framed by her FIL. 
8tm44Pv.jpg
MJn2qg0.jpg

0aVMkUP.jpg
7RYuHd8.jpg
z59UQCW.jpg
ETCfEGA.jpg
qO4XvOk.jpg
slU0zFG.jpg
ewsigcB.jpg
TvU4v4l.jpg
1RSTzul.jpg
I0syNzF.jpg
2zSkoRx.jpg
9sAmRpG.jpg
wd4YRth.jpg
uD29dUp.jpg
LP0iPna.jpg
ZysiCOB.jpg
GskpWFv.jpg
RFvwFUT.jpg
wbtTMzH.jpg

-------End of Ep 3-----------

Ep 4 Preview screencaps...
MSI lands herself in prison. SMO goes to the hospital and delivers her baby(?) while MDJ waits anxiously outside the surgery room. SPG and TWH gets to know each other better, and probably begins to fall in love(?...Yay!) MSI reflects on her naivete while sitting in prison. 
She's going to become a stronger and smarter person once she gets to see the world again. Can't wait for the four dragon lady convicts to start their transformation and start kicking azzzzzzzz! 
BFesJdD.jpg

KJ4i96q.jpg
qW8lZrX.jpg
qTEkdbM.jpg
wTuyR7j.jpg
SKBeWn2.jpg
Ac0YPDx.jpg
lZVTKRr.jpg
vAmQKFV.jpg
PiB144t.jpg
WzGkF5W.jpg
4GIwqHY.jpg
uPTKkGb.jpg
uikf6zb.jpg
SnyaYeb.jpg
LIGmZVT.jpg
zk0Q9mr.jpg
zhlY4VF.jpg
qjR06ch.jpg
Wqvgk6S.jpg

jadecloud said: Ep 4 Preview screencaps...
MSI lands herself in prison. SMO goes to the hospital and delivers her baby(?) while MDJ waits anxiously outside the surgery room. SPG and TWH gets to know each other better, and probably begins to fall in love(?...Yay!) MSI reflects on her naivete while sitting in prison. 
She's going to become a stronger and smarter person once she gets to see the world again. Can't wait for the four dragon lady convicts to start their transformation and start kicking azzzzzzzz
MOD EDIT: DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES!

stuartjmz said: FINALLY, we're getting somewhere. Knowing this is 36 episodes, I was prepared for a slow setup, but I was still impatient for the main story to begin. Now it's nearly all set, and it looks like the setup will be complete in the 4 episodes I expected.
The one really interesting detail added in episode 3 for me was the revelation that Cha Aeng Ran is actually the one responsible for the death of Bok Nyeo's family. That's going to spice things up when they get out, which is what I'm waiting for.
All in all, this episode was another necessary step along the way, helping toward a completion of the outline which the later episodes will fill in. What I want to see now is all four of them in prison by the end of episode 4, so the real story can get started. 

Archived