[Drama 2014] Mama 마마

Go Seung Ji

HSH is in a really difficult position. Her initial plan was to spend as much time as possible with GR, and then give him to MTJ and his "perfect family". But upon arriving in Korea, HSH realizes that this perfect family is only an illusion, and she needs to fix their problems before she can leave GR with them. Well, maybe not fix them all, but at least she has to be sure that MTJ's affair with KRY, SJE's money problems or KRY's obsession won't destroy that family.
She doesn't plan on having GR hate her even more, but circumstances don't help. GR has a lot of misunderstandings, and she can't clear them up unless she tells him she is dying. He thinks she doesn't like being near him when HSH is only trying to hide her symptoms. He thinks she plans to marry KJS when KJS is only giving her a ride to the hospital. He thinks she leaves him alone at home because she doesn't love him when she can't go out because she might die of a cold.

You could argue that the best option would be to tell GR the truth about her illness and clear up all the misunderstandings.
But HSH can't do that without telling him about his dad first. GR is already so scared to be left alone in this world. He needs to have someone else beside him before HSH can tell him she's dying. Otherwise, he will not only live every second worried that his mother might die, but also worried that he will find himself completely alone when she dies.
So HSH can't tell her about her illness without introducing him to MTJ first. And she can't introduce him to MTJ without knowing that GR will be accepted by him, and also accepted by SJE. So far, it wasn't the right timing to make that introduction, considering the problems that MTJ's affair with KRY caused.
But now, HSH believes that it's the right moment, that's why she tells MTJ to take care of GR from now on at the end of episode 12. The "KRY situation" has been taken care of, MTJ knows about GR, and HSH knows she doesn't have much time left. So I believe things are going to move more quickly starting next week.

Despite all of his flaws, and God knows he has some big ones, I believe that MTJ is good at his job. When she suggested the affair, KRY told him that she read his previous proposals, and they were all excellent. In fact they were so good that his previous bosses rejected all of them; because they were worried that MTJ might take their job at some point.
I think that now that he has been promoted to an important position, he will be able to do his best work. Besides, even without HSH's help, KJS's father already seemed to like him.
Unless the truth about GR is revealed, MTJ's future is bright, and looking at his work, he deserves it.

Just like you, @IBELIS, I sincerely hope that too much time won't be spent on office politics. I understand that there is still some story to be told at the company, but it has to stay in the background. This is not what this drama is about.

@valsava I don't think that the jerk comment from @k0de was directed at GR. That being said, I want to slap GR every time I see him on screen. :D
I know it's not his fault, I understand why he misunderstands his mom all the time, but that doesn't stop me from getting angry at him. We only see him get angry all the time and scream at his mother or other people. Except when he's busy romancing his half-sister (Ugh.)
Everytime I see GR, I have to tell myself that he is only a teenager, and teenagers all around the world make people want to slap them, that's who they are.  :D

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@valsava lol you must have read my post to fast i said I hoped GR WASN'T that jerk(MTJ) son. since you brought up his behavior i do kinda blame him. when moments SH wants to talk to him he his so cold to her. i don't get how he can negate the younger years of her loving him so much going through hell to raise him up and getting spat at by her own son, what rebellion stage his mother doesn't push anything on him what does he have to rebelled at?

If hanse dad aka evil director is found guilty stealing stella line royalty maybe hanse mom will beg for stella to help her for the sake of her son...although she is not a good woman always try to find fault on stella but still she love her son and maybe stella will help her latter on

k0de said: @valsava lol you must have read my post to fast i said I hoped GR WASN'T that jerk(MTJ) son. since you brought up his behavior i do kinda blame him. when moments SH wants to talk to him he his so cold to her. i don't get how he can negate the younger years of her loving him so much going through hell to raise him up and getting spat at by her own son, what rebellion stage his mother doesn't push anything on him what does he have to rebelled at?

Another heartbreaking episode!   It is so sad to watch that HSH is dying. To me she is not trying hard enough to amend the relationship with GR.  If she is already very wealthy and famous, why don't she stop working and enjoy the rest of her life with her beloved son.  The poor hardworking single mom deserves something more than the hatred of her only son at the last moment of her life.   =((
Why would  the silly GR think mom is getting married by just seeing her with a guy.  HSH has already denied it a few times but he keeps insisting she is getting married and thus leaving him.  
JS should go ahead and reveal HSH illness to GR and MTJ so that things could be 'fixed' before it's too late.  /:)

ccbabe said: Another heartbreaking episode!   It is so sad to watch that HSH is dying. To me she is not trying hard enough to amend the relationship with GR.  If she is already very wealthy and famous, why don't she stop working and enjoy the rest of her life with her beloved son.  The poor hardworking single mom deserves something more than the hatred of her only son at the last moment of her life.   =((
Why would  the silly GR think mom is getting married by just seeing her with a guy.  HSH has already denied it a few times but he keeps insisting she is getting married and thus leaving him.  
JS should go ahead and reveal HSH illness to GR and MTJ so that things could be 'fixed' before it's too late.  /:)

k0de said: @valsava lol you must have read my post to fast i said I hoped GR WASN'T that jerk(MTJ) son. since you brought up his behavior i do kinda blame him. when moments SH wants to talk to him he his so cold to her. i don't get how he can negate the younger years of her loving him so much going through hell to raise him up and getting spat at by her own son, what rebellion stage his mother doesn't push anything on him what does he have to rebelled at?

Watching with sub I feel so pity for SeungHee. She's changed from cool to pitiful...men around her only shout at her, Roo, JiSub... Roo, so mean to his mother. And yeah, I want to give him a slap too. I also thinks SeungHee gives him too much freedom...JiSub on other hand was just being so worried. I can't believe seeing him washes her feet? And she let him do it? I don't know what to feel, love? respect? Pity?... What...?

Hopefully after witnessing how mean Roo is to his Mom. Maybe JiSub will reflect upon himself and being good to his father...hehe.

I don't know how the story will go. But so far is interesting. So putting my trust to the writer and excitedly looking forward each week to see what happening <3

TRAN said: Watching with sub I feel so pity for SeungHee. She's changed from cool to pitiful...men around her only shout at her, Roo, JiSub... Roo, so mean to his mother. And yeah, I want to give him a slap too. I also thinks SeungHee gives him too much freedom...JiSub on other hand was just being so worried. I can't believe seeing him washes her feet? And she let him do it? I don't know what to feel, love? respect? Pity?... What...? Hopefully after witnessing how mean Roo is to his Mom. Maybe JiSub will reflect upon himself and being good to his father...hehe. I don't know how the story will go. But so far is interesting. So putting my trust to the writer and excitedly looking forward each week to see what happening <3

@maddymappo‌ ...I wish if there is a novel to read so I could understand their inner thoughts their feelings...I know they're doing good jobs compare to some, but I find it's hard to buy JiSub loves her. Like he said he's young and hot. Why would he goes for a dying not good looking noona? Pity I buy...:-D

JiSub is another significant person in her journey. I hope they'll create something together or would she leave him something as a gift when she's gone.

TRAN said: @maddymappo‌ ...I wish if there is a novel to read so I could understand their inner thoughts their feelings...I know they're doing good jobs compare to some, but I find it's hard to buy JiSub loves her. Like he said he's young and hot. Why would he goes for a dying not good looking noona? Pity I buy...:-D JiSub is another significant person in her journey. I hope they'll create something together or would she leave him something as a gift when she's gone.

@mudaepo‌ ...the preview is out....we counting on you hihi...

Can someone explain the conversation betweenJiSub and TaeJoo at the signing session...he said something about whatever in the bag is said everything. What's in the gift bag?

It's interesting how they say the richest man in Korea can't even afford her art. And she has many in her apartment. Roo is loaded...he sure doesn't have to worry about money for his life time.

It would be great if we get to see Roo's story as a young man and as an adult in the future as the continuation of this series. And by that time, the boy Roo would be ready....By then, I would become a granny already, and my kdrama madness may be gone...But anyway, just wishful thinking.

maddymappo said: TRAN said: Watching with sub I feel so pity for SeungHee. She's changed from cool to pitiful...men around her only shout at her, Roo, JiSub... Roo, so mean to his mother. And yeah, I want to give him a slap too. I also thinks SeungHee gives him too much freedom...JiSub on other hand was just being so worried. I can't believe seeing him washes her feet? And she let him do it? I don't know what to feel, love? respect? Pity?... What...? Hopefully after witnessing how mean Roo is to his Mom. Maybe JiSub will reflect upon himself and being good to his father...hehe. I don't know how the story will go. But so far is interesting. So putting my trust to the writer and excitedly looking forward each week to see what happening <3

@TRAN I understood the gift bag exactly like @anniekissbel explained it.
It was not about the gift, but about KJS using it as an excuse to tell MTJ to back off HSH.

Written preview:
"Don't abandon me, Mom!"
HSH makes us her mind to leave GR to MTJ, she begins to do something unthinkable to her friend (SJE).
MTJ is disappointed in HSH's attitude and thinks about bringing GR in.
KJS wonders if HSH doesn't have some feelings left for MTJ.

Video preview:
MTJ tells HSH angrily: "What kind of child is GR to you? What kind of mother are you? You're not a mother!
MTJ's mother says that even everything in the world changes the link father/children doesn't change.
SJE thinks she might be pregnant.
HSH tells MTJ to not hurt GR any more and just bring him in. MTJ tells her he will.
KJS yells at HSH asking her why she wants to do verything her way when she can't do anything if he's not there with her.
HSH drives GR somewhere and tells MTJ (probably on the phone) "I told GR he's going to meet his dad. Don't disappont him."
MTJ's brother sees HSH and SJE together.
MTJ's mother tells MTJ's brother that she is going to bring MTJ's child in at any cost.
GR wonders why HSH isn't going with him and ifhe won't see his father and his mother together even once. And HSH tells him to go, probably to the place where MTJ is waiting for him.

Archived