[Drama 2014] High School King / King of High School Life 고교처세왕

StaRix

I think it's way to eary to predict what will happen with Min Suk hyung,maybe the guy already has a girlfriend already,who knows,maybe he doesn't even show up,not the single time when something like that happened...Big was a example of it,the second lead never showed up in the actual timeline...i'm really curious how will Min Suk and Soo Young relationship will develop because he will make her his secretary to cover up his identity and because somehow he finds her entertaining and she in the beggining will want to evade him and even thinking of quiting to get away from him,such a funny situation were he wants to stay with her being the only one familiar he likes to stay at that boring place while she thinks he is bullying her...so i'm really curious if Min Suk will develop some romantic feelings for her in the near future...at the moment i must say i like Soo Young better with Jin Woo but he is as well a guy with many traumas,inflicted by his father and addicted mother,i think by now he is the most sad character on the show and complex also...Soo Yeong is also intresting and i hope she will evolve even more and change that grandma style she has,she is such a pretty young lady dressed like a grandma,making her look all messy...(why d they always feel the need to make the heroine all messy to make the point?)at the moment i really find it funny that Min Suk will be Soo Yong worst nightmare,like the nice guy who is a bully to the other party without knowing(played by the laughts because if serious i find it very sad and most for her)..i'm also most curious about the progress of Jin Woo because i find his character very intresting and curious how will he evolve and surpass his fear by his dad and why is he still under his wing,he can't break free of it or won't do it...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest luna.tique

Hi guys!

so i just finished watching the first 2 episodes in one sitting, and yeah, i'm LOVING it! <3
Honestly, I was already anticipating this drama after I read that Seo Inguk will be starring it and after reading the quite interesting (and full of infinite possibilities of awesome) premise! and can I just say that it did not disappoint me!

there was a pleasant surprise for me of course. and that surprise's name is Lee Soohyuk. Even though I have this voice in my head that says I should hate his character from the start, but that scene when he went back for Sooyoung when she was drunk just made my heart soften for his character. He's not entirely cold after all! ;)

and then there's Seo Inguk! how can he pull off both characters so well?!?! I especially found it entertaining how he finds everything in the grown-up world fascinating! Especially that massage chair in his office, he was just like a kid there! how can we not love Minseok?!?!?!

also, there's the matter of the love lines~

I thought that maybe it's Minseok-Sooyoung since they're the leads, but the whole age gap, highschool boy-working girl thing doesn't click to me, for now. And besides, Sooyoung is just so cute with her one-sided love/crush for Jinwoo so maybe there might be room for some interesting stuff there.

But then, this show throws us that bus scene with the makes-you-fall-in-love BGM (anyone knows what song was playing that time?) i literally had hearts fluttering around my room during that scene. Took me a few times of replaying that scene to get over it,lol. So I thought, maybe they ARE going for a noona romance? But then here comes stalker younger sister and she's just so lovable despite being sucha a thug, lol and I can imagine Minseok softening up to her. So yeah, bottomline, this show is making me crazy!

giphy.gif

About the love lines~ I think it's pretty sure it will be MSxSH, the age gap right now in dramaland it's more like a trend than a problem (the last two tvN dramas in the same time slot were both about noona romance: I Need Romance 3 and Witch's Love and the age difference was even bigger iI think), plus if we look at the promotional material (like the poster featuring SH and the two male leads holding her hands) I think it will be a love triangle with MS falling for her first, but then, I'm not sure she will reciprocate that quickly, I think with MS still being a student and her little sister's "hubby" there will be a lot of things to face.. Maybe we'll get an open ending? Or a time jump? Ok, it's way to early to predict anything, but I just wish, whatever will happen in the future, SH will trash her granny-style things and become stronger.

I think at the moment i'm eagerly waiting more for Soo Young to redefine herself and change her style more than any romance for real and straighten that back up,i need her with more confidence,at least her collegues didn't made her a loner or the errand girl yet(even if she does more choires from what i saw)...and i want more to change herself for her not for the idea to impress a man....

I wonder if his hyeong will make an appearance at any time? Thinking about the setup for this storyline reminded of my own sisters, one noona and one dongsaeng, just over 7 years apart, but for most of their lives so similar they could be mistaken for twins. I loved the "playing dual roles is hard line" in this Drama and think it would be quite entertaining to see him playing both together. 

Guest feliss

haii.. i just finished watching the first 2 episode and i love it... cant wait for the next eps..Seo In Guk is such a cutie..so many funny scene

High School King of Savvy: Episode 2by dramallamasavvy2-00018a.jpg
Love it. Savvy is doing some great things with its likable and wacky characters, and I’m already invested. The hijinks begin as we get our first look into the double life that Min-seok has agreed to lead. Thankfully, he seems to adapt pretty well because he’s got just the right amount of pizzazz and (over)confidence to get through. It’s a pleasure to watch his interactions, as he’s somehow convinced himself that he’s making total sense when in actuality, he’s confusing almost everyone around him. Keep it up!
Full article: Dramabeans

Archived