[Drama 2014] High School King / King of High School Life 고교처세왕

StaRix

Guest luna.tique

The "argument" of which path this show will lead us probably stem from how it is possible to wonderfully imagine a very prospective love line between the female lead with both men in the triangle.

How cutesy could it be to watch Sooyoung still keeping her crush on Jinwoo while she's helping and probably falling for the cute charms of highschooler Minseok. With a Jinwoo that starts to notice our heroine's cute little charms while nursing a jealous heart cause of Sooyoung and Minseok's closeness.

Or maybe Sooyoung'a affection for Jinwoo will forever remain as it is, just a crush. She'll start to have feelings for our Minseok and here comes another hurdle. How will the show deal with full-of-vigor-thug-like sister Yoo-ah when she finds out eonni also likes Minseok? (or Minseok look-alike assuming she's not in on the secret, whichever revelation comes first)

In both instances, Sooyoung is ONE VERY LUCKY GIRL. And I'm excited on how her love life will play out since she is so deserving of one.

But I must admit I am afraid this will be another blood bath between shippers of both OTPs (just like what happened with Reply1994) and honestly I don't want to experience another heartbreak of rooting for a couple so bad it hurts to see it happen otherwise. But let's not dive into that :P

So I guess, me feeling like this agian will depend on how this show will play out it's cards (HIGHLY DEPENDENT on Seo Inguk and Lee Soohyuk's characters and acting as well!!)  cause i'm so ready to be in love with this story and it's characters~

And as I say with every drama I have watched, let's just enjoy it. It's still pretty early on to the show, just episode 2, so our views might change. And let's all pray to kdramagods that this will be a very good one! Kudos ya'll

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^It would be nice if at least 90% of the viewers will be left confused throughout the whole series on which ship to board on.For now I am still confused cos I am liking both male characters in two different extremes. 
If the show brings good development to both of the male characters then I am sure I will be confused throughout the whole show (and I actually would like that to happen instead of having to choose a ship ;))

for now, i will ship SooYoung with Min Suk  but i dont know if the character of Jin Woo will be improving . I guess i will wait when Jin Woo will fall to SooYoung and i want to see his dorky side from the vampire boy :D:)) =))

Guest luna.tique

krnfly said: ^It would be nice if at least 90% of the viewers will be left confused throughout the whole series on which ship to board on.For now I am still confused cos I am liking both male characters in two different extremes. 
If the show brings good development to both of the male characters then I am sure I will be confused throughout the whole show (and I actually would like that to happen instead of having to choose a ship ;))

lovcom00

said:

As for me, one of my all time favorites (and a Korean netizen favorite too lol) is in fact IHYV, in which the love line was between an high schooler and a lawyer, they ended up together and he was out of school then, but we still got a kiss in the middle of the drama so.. I'm not disturbed about the age gap here, probably because is a comedy, plus MS has this hilarious double life as a student and a director that blurs the line (at least for me), but I still think, as I said before, that we'll probably get a time jump in the end so that they can "properly" be together ;) 

The "argument" of which path this show will lead us probably stem from how it is possible to wonderfully imagine a very prospective love line between the female lead with both men in the triangle.

How cutesy could it be to watch Sooyoung still keeping her crush on Jinwoo while she's helping and probably falling for the cute charms of highschooler Minseok. With a Jinwoo that starts to notice our heroine's cute little charms while nursing a jealous heart cause of Sooyoung and Minseok's closeness.

Or maybe Sooyoung'a affection for Jinwoo will forever remain as it is, just a crush. She'll start to have feelings for our Minseok and here comes another hurdle. How will the show deal with full-of-vigor-thug-like sister Yoo-ah when she finds out eonni also likes Minseok? (or Minseok look-alike assuming she's not in on the secret, whichever revelation comes first)

In both instances, Sooyoung is ONE VERY LUCKY GIRL. And I'm excited on how her love life will play out since she is so deserving of one.

But I must admit I am afraid this will be another blood bath between shippers of both OTPs (just like what happened with Reply1994) and honestly I don't want to experience another heartbreak of rooting for a couple so bad it hurts to see it happen otherwise. But let's not dive into that :P

So I guess, me feeling like this agian will depend on how this show will play out it's cards (HIGHLY DEPENDENT on Seo Inguk and Lee Soohyuk's characters and acting as well!!)  cause i'm so ready to be in love with this story and it's characters~

And as I say with every drama I have watched, let's just enjoy it. It's still pretty early on to the show, just episode 2, so our views might change. And let's all pray to kdramagods that this will be a very good one! Kudos ya'll

oh god THAT otp war. I really don't want to go there again. It has left me broken since... I still cant think about that drama without hurting.

although i like the jinwoo-sooyoung awkwardness, for now im really thankful for the dance teasers and the behind the scene vids showing in guk and ha na. it makes me feel like the PDs are making us ship them. my life would be a whole lot easier. plus i really find it cute when they laugh together in those vids and when ha na pinches/hits/slaps in guk i'm like awwwww she's comfortable with him ^^

anyhoo i need romance 3 had that same dilemma for me when i sort of liked both men for the heroine but since the posters were obvious on that one, i didnt have to wear my drama heart on my sleeve. thank dramaheavens.

I agree with @briseis, I think Jin Woo is just a crush for Soo Young. I mean which woman wouldn't like a hot young director, right? :D After Jin Woo rejected her, her feelings is more of an embarrassment rather than hurt. So my prediction is, Min Seok and Soo Young will get closer each day, her crush on Jin Woo will replace by the real feelings for Min Seok (the same for Min Seok) and after that, if we look at typical K-drama tropes, perhaps Jin Woo will start to care and notice and fall for her at that time. Plus there's a sisterhood between Yoo Ah and Soo Young that needs to be settled when that happens. But yeah, it's still too early to predict to be honest. I'm just enjoying the humor and story at the time, rather than the love lines  :)

briseis said:
@lovcom00: I absolutely agree with you.I also mention IHYV from the exact same reason - the male lead there was the same age as MS is now and the age gao between the OTP was almost the same. There were some kisses and hugs and cuddlings and viewers, both Korean and international, loved them together despite the fact that the second male lead was more conventionally appropriate (age and career). The fact that there will be a romance between MS and SY doesn'T neccessary mean there will be something sexual or illegal. ThereforeI agree with @lovcom00 about the time jump solution. .........

Lmangla

said:

briseis

said:

@lovcom00: I absolutely agree with you.I also mention IHYV from the exact same reason - the male lead there was the same age as MS is now and the age gao between the OTP was almost the same. There were some kisses and hugs and cuddlings and viewers, both Korean and international, loved them together despite the fact that the second male lead was more conventionally appropriate (age and career). The fact that there will be a romance between MS and SY doesn'T neccessary mean there will be something sexual or illegal. ThereforeI agree with @lovcom00 about the time jump solution. 

Archived