[Drama 2014] High School King / King of High School Life 고교처세왕

StaRix

Hi!  I signed-up here just to post this...

If you're like me whose willing to download raw from d-addicts than watch from streaming sites then you can finds english subs HERE. This person does subs of some KOR/JPN dramas and High School King of Savvy is one of her projects. High School King of Savvy is under "Monday-Tuesday".

Thanks!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="title_sec" style="font-size: 28px; margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(39, 41, 42); line-height: 34px; font-weight: normal; font-family: Georgia, 돋움, Dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"‘High School King of Savvy’ promises gifts if viewer ratings meet target20140617001499_0.jpg
Four main actors and actresses of tvN’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “High School King of Savvy” decided to offer viewers a treat if they exceed the target viewer ratings.

Through its official site, the “High School King of Savvy” film crew released photos of Seo In-guk, Lee Ha-na, Lee Soo-hyuk and Lee Yul-eum, revealing a unique pledge to viewers. 

“If the viewer ratings exceed 3 percent, then I will try my best to get actors’ cherished goods and present them as gifts,” said Seo In-guk.

Lee Ha-na said, “I would make a cute song with In-guk.” and Lee Yul-eum said “If our viewer ratings exceed 3 percent, then I will send home-made cookies and hand-written letters to you.”

Lee Soo-hyuk suggested a higher rate than others. “I will do anything if the viewer ratings exceed 5 percent. 

The pledges have brought a variety of reactions from netizens, such as “I hope they exceed their viewer ratings” and “All the actor and actresses are handsome and beautiful.”

Meanwhile, the first episode of “High School King of Savvy” aired on Monday. 

By Grace Cho, Intern reporter (khnews@heroldcorp.com)

[Photo Credit: tvN]
credit Korean Herald | june 17 2014

Return of romantic comedya queen14-01(211).jpg
Lee Ha-na, right, and Seo In-guk in a scene from cable network tvN's new drama "High School King of Savvy." / Courtesy of CJ E&M

Actress Lee Ha-na headlines tvN 'High School King of Savvy

By Baek Byung-yeul
Actress Lee Ha-na's huge break came almost 10 years ago in the SBS drama, "Alone in Love. " Dressed mostly in sweats with a drink in her hand, she enticed audiences with a mix of sweetness and comedy. 
After popular roles in the 2007 "Merry Mary" and the 2009 "Triple," the 31-year-old took a break from TV. She will return to the small screen in cable network tvN's new drama, "High School King of Savvy," ending a long hiatus. 
In the web novel-based drama, Lee portrays a restless would-be musical actress. Her love interest will be actor Seo In-guk, who rose to stardom with tvN's hugely popular "Reply 1994," series set in the early years of the 1990s. 
"I have been offered several roles during my break, but none of them grabbed my attention," she told reporters at a hotel in Nonhyeon-dong, southern Seoul last week. 
"While I was searching for suitable role, I came across ‘High School King,' and I decided to join this drama because I thought I would regret it if I missed this opportunity." 
Though she didn't mention the exact reason of her time away from TV, Lee hinted at difficulties during that time. 
"I couldn't bridge the gap between the character that my fans expected from me and my off-screen self. This was really stressful," she said. 
She debuted in 2005 in a television commercial. The 173-centimeter-tall actress quickly became a star for role in "Merry Mary" in 2007. 
Lee said she was content with her decision to resume acting. "Now I'm happy just for being with the staff and co-actors," Lee said. "The break was a lonely time, and I could overcome it by composing music. Because of the happiness from songwriting, I could return to acting and show the kind of image that the public wanted from me. Now, I am very happy to appear before fans." 
A former music major at Seoul's Dankook University, Lee has shown off her folk guitar playing and vocal skills several times on TV. Her father is Lee Dae-heon, a composer of folk-rock legend Kim Kwang-seok's signature song "Become Dust." Thanks to a strong background in music, she hosted KBS TV's live music show, "Lee Ha-na's Peppermint" for six month, from 2008 to 2009. 14-02(198).jpg
Monday-Tuesday drama "High School King of Savvy" is on air at 11 p.m.

In the 16-part romantic comedy drama, "High School King of Savvy," musician-actor Seo portrays Min-suk, a high school ice hockey player who joins an IT conglomerate as a high-ranking executive instead of his brother who suddenly disappears. 
Lee is featured as Soo-young, who agonizes about a love triangle involving Min-suk and another handsome young high executive, Jin-woo (Lee Soo-hyuk). 
Living a double life while unaware of the rules within the workplace, Min-seok learns the ways of the real world and adulthood with the help of Soo-young, a temporary worker with an odd personality. 
The first episode aired on Monday earned a rating of 1.5 percent of the audience, which is the timeslot's highest rating, according to tvN. 
The Monday-Tuesday drama "High School King of Savvy" airs at 11 p.m. 
baekby@ktimes.co.kr, | June 17 2014

After watching it with subtitle, finally I can understand the whole thing. I like all of the characters so far. I like the introduction and how the story goes. And turns out that this drama has some mystery too. I'm so curious with Hyung Seok--what is really happening to him? Can't wait for him to appear. I want to see the difference in personality between Min Seok and Hyung Seok, and how they deal with Jin Woo, his father, and all company people when he comes back.

sadly i watched without subtitle
:((
i know now why jung soo young (lee ha na) head over heels to yoo jin woo (lee soo hyuk)
he's so hot
:\">

so far i can't imagine how the love triangle between min seok - soo young - jin woo
it's quite a big gap of age between min seok and soo young

jung yoo ah (lee yeol eum) is a cute stalker. i love to see her with min seok
:D
i love seo in guk as min seok. it's sad to live alone without hyung when their parents passed away.
can't wait for the drama to unveil the mistery hyung. why he must hide. and how min seok deal with the dinamic office life.

I have to day that SIG and LHA are absolutely rocking in their roles! I've been watching kdramas for 9 years, however, I have seldom seen this adorkable chemistry!VqHYqzo.jpg9M1HKiz.jpg
OMG! The second episode certainly doesn't disappoint - it keeps getting better.rec6t1R.jpg
source: naver

This episode was just hilarious,i laughted all along with it and even if it had many hilarious scenes it still delivered intresting scenes as well..i felt quite bad for Soo Yeong and that Min Suk was joking with her bossing her around to pay her back for the other night thing without her knowing one thing...as well as some curious things about Jin Woo and his problems with his dad and the scars left by it...like taking pills to controls his emotions and also his past traumas,like i'm sure his dad was violent with him when young and still has those wonds deep down in him...and Soo Yeong sis is a real stalker,Min Suk should do something clear about her if he wants to live in peace...conclusion..it gets better and better

class="post-title"

The “High School King” Cast Makes A Promise.

He"s good at school but learning to navigate the rules of the workplace is challenging. And the actors are not asking for extraordinary ratings to fulfill their.

The “High School King” Cast Makes A Promise.

As if an entertaining plot and cast were not enough to draw viewers in, the stars of “High School King of Savvy” are making pledges to reward the audience for tuning in.

Seo In Guk, Lee Ha Na, Lee Soo Hyuk and Lee Yeol Eum recently shared their pledges by posting photographs of what they wrote on a drawing pad. And the actors are not asking for extraordinary ratings to fulfill their promises. Three of the actors are only hoping for the drama, which began this week, to exceed three percent.

Seo In Guk held up a note pad that said, “If we get over 3 percent viewership ratings, the actors will gift their own cherished items.”

That was the same pledge he made a press conference for the tvN drama. In the drama he plays an 18-year-old high school student and athlete who has to also lead a double life, pretending to be the director at his brother”s company. He”s good at school but learning to navigate the rules of the workplace is challenging. Seo In Guk was last seen in the horror romcom “The Master”s Sun” and the swimming film “No Breathing.” He became a star after his role in the drama “Reply 1997.”

Actress Lee Ha Na wrote that if the viewership passed 3 percent, she would record a cute song with Seo In Guk for the fans to listen to. In the drama she plays a quirky temporary employee at Seo In Guk”s company. Seo In Guk grows to rely on and like his older female co-worker but she is not interested. She has a crush on the company”s strategy director played by Lee Soo Hyuk.

Lee Yeol Eum, who appeared last year in the Drama Festival presentation “Boy Meets Girl” and can this year also be seen in “Middle School Student A,” also made a pledge if the drama reached 3 percent in the ratings. She promised handwritten letters and homemade cookies for everyone. Everyone? That”s a lot of cookies and enough letters to prompt a serious case of writer”s cramp.

But Lee Soo Hyuk, last seen in “Shark” and “Vampire Idol,” made the best promise of all. His notepad said that if the viewership ratings passed 5 percent, “I will do anything for you.”

Also called “High School King of Manners,” the drama replaced “Witch”s Romance. It airs every Monday and Tuesday night.

I know it's still early to judge, but yeah, episode 2 was just glorious. I've watched it raw while smiling creepily, it's fun and full of heart and you can't really hate any character as for now, just how good is this?

Hello everyone! I actually still can't move on from a certain K-Drama (YWCFTS :P). However, I just remembered that SIG's new drama started last Monday and I have loved him since Reply 1997. So, I gave it a try. This is the first drama I watched after YWCFTS. hahaha. I caught a few similarities between HSK and YWCFTS (waee I am to sensitive? that noona-dongsaeng romance...). Ah sorry, just leave it a while.

Back to the drama.The 1st episode is so promising and interesting. I like its storyline and I got so much fun when watching this. Talking about the older brother and the director (I forget the name,hehe). I believe there are hidden secrets. I am looking forward to it.

About the characters.

- Seo In Guk: I don't know perhaps because I am so in love with Yoon Jae (SIG in Reply 1997), I find Min Suk is so similar with YJ. A gentle, kind-hearted boy and he acts cool towards a girl. This drama also exposes family-brother-relationship touch that reminds me a lot of Reply 1997 (YJ, Tae Wong, their family). However, I still like his character. I hope that there won't be any harsh critics because of these similarities.

- Soo Young: I dont know about Lee Ha Na before but she is quite good in portraying her character. I also get her comedic feel. The one I don't really like about her is her old-fashioned style (So Betty La Fea), with wide glasses. There was a scene when she put off her glasses and I found her beautiful being like that. Just stay like that.

- Yoo Ah: She is so cute and funny that I am worried how she would be if she knew her sister and Min Suk have special feelings towards each other (It is likely to happen, isn't it?).

- Director Yoo: just seeing his look, he is so mysterious, like a vampire! I am sure he has secrets and I feel he has something to do with Min Suk's older brother.

That's all my first impression. Looking forward for the next episodes. But I hope I can watch it in marathon since I will feel so curious if I follow the episode one after another (like I could? hahaha let's see xD)

HSK, fighting! Keep it nice! :)

*by the way this is only my personal take. No offense, no hard feelings.

Archived