[Drama 2014] High School King / King of High School Life 고교처세왕

StaRix

Woa~ I really really liked the first episode, it was funny and very fast paced, but definitely not "hollow" even if it's still a romcom and the situations would always go a little overboard, all the characters, the dynamics and their feelings seemed real to me and this is such a good point 8-> The female lead confess to her boss today, she was politely rejected I think and of course she ends up drank, borrows MS phone, then passed out and MS calls her boss to pick her up and she wakes up at her boss place. I think tomorrow she will recognize MS during his first day at work as the student that helped her.. Plus the girl at school who has a crush on MS is the female lead little sister? Now, this will be a problem. I liked our hero MS a lot too! He seems such a good kid, he suffered a lot as a child and the scene in the end where he decided to not leave for a trip with his team and runs away to help his brother and the OST starts playing.. I'M IN LOVE. :x I don't know Korean and my English is so so, but I needed to share, can't wait for tomorrow~

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad the first episode was well received by the netizens and also hope the ratings will be decent and slowly rise even more thinking that they don't compete with other dramas on this time slot :Dalready love the OST,it's so relaxing and cool

It's funny that in the preview even Min Suk is taken back by Jin Woo an says he is charismatic even from a guy's point of view.. ;)) and the scare the poor Min Suk will get when he runs to get away from his stalker while bumping into our heroine,curious if she will remember him because she was really drunk and didn't look much at his face that night(i don't think she will)

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"“High School King” Actors Promise to Fulfill Pledges If Viewership Ratings Exceed 3%
highschoolking_pledg.png

Actors Seo In Guk, Lee Ha Na, Lee Soo Hyuk, and Lee Yeol Eum recently shared individual pledges they promised to fulfill if the viewership ratings for “High School King” exceeded three percent. 

Before the first episode of tvN’s Monday-Tuesday drama “High School King” airs, the lead actors took proof shots of their individual pledges to promote viewership ratings earlier that morning on June 16. 

In the photos, the actors hold up a drawing pad with their pledges written on them. Seo In Guk’s notepad read, “If we get over 3% viewership ratings, the actors will gift their own cherished items.” Seo In Guk had also previously mentioned this pledge earlier at the press conference for “High School King.” Lee Ha Na had written, “If the viewership ratings pass 3%, I will record a cute song with Seo In Guk for the fans to listen to.” Lee Yeol Eum had written, “If viewership ratings go over 3%, I will send out handwritten letters and homemade cookies to everyone. “ On Lee Soo Hyuk’s notepad, he wrote, “If the viewership ratings pass 5%, I will do anything for you.” 

“High School King” premieres June 16. It airs every Monday and Tuesday night at 11 PM on tvN.

highschoolking_pledges.jpg

Soompi

Excited to watch the first episode! I'm glad that everyone else seems to be enjoying it! I'm surprised it hasn't been picked up by viki yet.  For some reason, I expected it to be covered by one of the licensed sites. Anyway, off to hunt it down! I can't wait!

Lee Ha Na looks so diffrent in that picture above(it was from Women of the Sun)..I really hope in this show will see our heroine change a bit her style into a more fitting one which will make her more pretty:xWho knows maybe even Dramafever and Viki will pick this show up even if it's a bit longer,it's good that even so we will have subtitles to enjoy the show even more
and we could as well try to make it possible like sending requests to dramafever http://support.dramafever.com/customer/portal/articles/1004560-how-can-i-request-a-series-

write the name of the show,i submited with both names to be sureKing of High School Life Conduct (고교처세왕)

“The King of High School Manners” Lee Ha-na’s realistic drunk act

Meanwhile, "the king of high school manners" is about a high school teenager joining a corporate company as one of the executives. She got off the bus while she.

krkbju.jpg

Lee Ha-na acted drunk.

On the first episode of the new tvN drama “The King of High School Manners”, Jeong Soo-yeong (Lee Ha-na) was rejected by director of headquarters Yoo Jin-woo (Lee Soo-hyeok) and became drunk in front of Lee Min-seok (Seo In-guk).

Jeong Soo-yeong had a crush on Yoo Jin-woo for a long time, but after he rejected her by saying ‘no’, she began drinking at a convenient store and got on the bus. She tried calling him but her battery died and she borrowed Lee Min-seok’s cell phone just as he happened to be on the same bus as her.

She got off the bus while she was on the phone with Yoo Jin-woo and Lee Min-seok said to himself, “There’s so many crazies in this world” but later realized she had taken his phone and jumped out of the bus window.

Lee Min-seok found Jeong Soo-yeong fallen asleep in a corner of a building. He asked her for his phone back but she kept sleeping. He wanted to just leave her there but figured it was too dangerous and tried waking her up.

He called the number she just dialed on his cell phone and told Yoo Jin-woo that she was unconscious on the ground. He put some newspapers over her and left.

Meanwhile, “The King of High School Manners” is about a high school teenager joining a corporate company as one of the executives.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v…

High School King of Savvy: Episode 1by javabeans | June 16, 2014 | DRAMABEANSsavvy_20.jpg
Score another one for tvN. No, I haven’t been a fan of every single show they’ve produced, but they certainly do have a high track record of producing well-crafted dramas, particularly in this Monday-Tuesday rom-com slot. High School King of Savvy managed a deft intro to its slick double-identity comedy plot, but it also managed to sneak in a dose of poignancy that I wasn’t expecting, which I really enjoyed. For just being one episode, it’s pretty impressive that the show managed to make me like every single one of its characters, too. I have good feelings about the show, so I’m hoping it stays this solid. Fingers crossed!
read full recap: http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/06/high-school-king-of-savvy-episode-1/

Archived