[Drama 2014] Doctor Stranger 닥터이방인

SongMira

Hello everyone, and also good bye everyone. :)I have watched this drama a couple of days and i finished today. First, since ep2, my ship is HoonHyun. -ep2 cuz Kang So Ra entered drama in ep2- Quack-love is legend of this drama in my opinion. Jae Hee's love, Jae Hee&Hoon's relationship, bla bla bla...This words not matter to me. Because their love is in the full sense of the word 'banal'. In spite of that, front of HoonHyun is mean to me anomalous, ravishing and pain -for Hyun-. Hoon's practical jokes, Hyun's naive love was rreaaaalllyyy spent. I'm sorry but final ep isn't convincing. What i mean, i'm not surprised. Hoon is day in day out fall in love with Jae Hee. And they'll fall again and again. So? What has changed? What does that prove?OK, i tried to be relax but i really angry. So Hyun and JJ is getting together suddenly, when they saw Hoon&Hee. 'Chincha baldu andue?'I have no words to say. Just i wish, final be like novel. Just i wish this. And finally Kang So Ra, you're number one for me in drama! Fighting!
P.S: Still i'm wallowing in English. If it's bad, i'm so sorry.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kang Sora Gets into a Traffic Accident, Suffers a Neck Injuryan0ya July 13, 2014 

Kang Sora Gets into a Traffic Accident, Suffers a Neck Injury

It has been belatedly reported that actress Kang So Ra has gotten into a traffic accident.

On July 8, the actress was on her way to film SBS’ Monday-Tuesday drama “Doctor Stranger,” when she got into the accident.

A representative of her agency commented on July 13, “The cars slightly bumped into each other. She does not have to get treated at the hospital, but she felt pain in her neck muscles, and thus she wears a detachable cast around her neck.”

“Everyone at the filming location seemed to be surprised upon seeing her poor physical condition,” the rep said, and added, “Luckily there seem to be no aftereffects.”

On July 11, Kang So Ra started filming the Chinese film version of “Doctor Stranger.” A representative of the drama said, “We were surprised to see Kang So Ra enter with a neck cast. Although she was not seriously injured, she said her neck feels stiff. To everyone’s relief, there was no change to the filming schedule, and she showed her regular bright image on set.”

http://www.soompi.com/2014/07/13/kang-sora-gets-into-a-traffic-accident-suffers-a-neck-injury/#.U8JVevmSynI 

DramaBeans Doctor Stranger Episode 20 recap + comments: here 

What a strange finale indeed. We get one half filled to the brim with sheer ridiculousness, while the other serves as an epilogue chronicling the bitter pill that is Doctor Stranger as it circles the drain of eternity. Looking back now, I’m becoming more and more convinced that Myungwoo was never a hospital at all—it was clearly an asylum for crazy people.

Stranger finished its run in first place at 12.7%, leaving Triangle with 9.5% while Trot Lovers brought up the rear with 7.2%.

HEADSNO2′S COMMENTS

It sure felt like the show had just enough story—a term I use very, very loosely—to make it through the first half of this finale only. The second half, while tying the side characters’ stories into neat little bows, mostly felt like we’d run out of gas and were just coasting to the unearned and wholly unexplainable happy ending.

If we put those last three minutes aside, this finale was a perfect encapsulation of everything that made the experience of watching Doctor Stranger such a frustrating and thankless job. We have an easier time forgiving shows with severe logic fails when they manage to give us something we want in return—a tiny little thing that seems so simple in theory but not in practice, something that can be forged at will but never truly given unless it’s earned. And that something is payoff.

Yes, payoff, that most elusive of concepts which usually mandates that a writer follow through with their setups. Easy, right? Yet this show failed so astronomically at delivering payoffs that it’s honestly bewildering, not only because it’s lazy writing in its truest form, but because it couldn’t even attempt to fool us otherwise when every conflict was introduced in a self-negating vacuum.

I can’t really even wrap my head around all the conflict the show would take pains to introduce only for whatever happened next to make whatever just happened totally meaningless, because I can’t imagine any storyteller who would willingly and knowingly do that to themselves. Or us. Oh, the president just found out his second-in-command cooked up an elaborate(-ly ridiculous) plan to kill him? Why, he should just forgive him! Better yet, he should make sure that man stays in power. Better yet, he should give that lunatic the two people he’s made no secret about wanting to murder. What’s the worst that could happen?

The rest of this finale, as it turned out. What’s more mystifying about that beginning scene is how there was no attempt to peek into the president’s rationale for his actions, which were so beyond the realm of human understanding as to be unintentionally hilarious. By now we’ve come to expect that anyone in a position of power and responsibility must also be insane in this universe, but that? That was just special. Clearly the presidential election was decided by whoever displayed the best macaroni noodle art, and Prime Minister Jang was just the idiot who forgot to use glue.

We’ll never know why the show chose to move the focus of its story away from Hoon’s emotional journey, only that it was one of its greater missteps and a crying shame. He had so much promise as a North Korean refugee with a supernatural ability to diagnose chest-related illnesses, but was wasted as a puppy dog pining away for his old flame. As said flame, Jae-hee was a huge problem the show never quite solved, especially since her potential to be compelling was erased when she spent X amount of episodes disguising her identity because… she… felt like it?

Continued: 

Right. Well, the same could be said of Jae-joon’s reasoning for waiting as long as he did to plan and execute his Coke Zero of revenge plots, and for all those extra final bonus rounds of the competition. See also: the president’s decision, North Korea’s involvement, Soo-hyun’s meager existence, Doctor Moon’s flatulence, Prime Minister Jang’s idiocy, Nightshade’s normalcy, Agent Cha’s resilience, and Hoon’s wasted potential.

It doesn’t necessarily make it any easier to think that this was just someone’s passing fancy assembled with all the forethought of a finger painting, but sometimes dramaland’s truths cut deep. Coming from someone who’s been here too many times to count and who’s as qualified to be a doctor as the characters in this show (read: not), here’s aprescription for Fated To Love You. Take two and leave a comment in the morning. 

via dramabeans

Guest kiyeujay

Rate plot: 3/10 -Oh, just finish watching ep 20, and I think this drama is generally not a good drama in not only medical issue, politics, spy but also in the love that they called fate. Actually, prior to releasing, I really hoped the doctor stranger as Black Jack that I admire, and it will be a good medical drama as A good doctor. But,.... It failed. Oh, I guess, the writer lacked to investigate the reality as well as novel. Acting :7/10 -Despite the fact that the plot is messy and loose, I appreciate actors and actresses's performance, especially kang so ra and Park Hea Jin ( don't know why for a long time he doesn't become the leading male). Lee Jong suk is natural in the middle drama, but in the beginning and the end , he overacted. Jin se Yeon is the worst, but she tried to improve in the end. Do give her more chances. Fashion : 9/10 -Well, what I like best in this drama is fashion :)). I love soo huyn'a clothes and Lee Jong suk in the red tshirt. :x . Ps: By the way, I enjoy war between shippers, cos I find relaxing and interesting to read comments and supportive gifs. =))

25upjxy.jpg

FRIDAY NIGHT DRAMA: Doctor Stranger by ZombieMamma 

This week brought us the finale of one of the most interesting and frustrating dramas I’ve watched in quite a while. Chock full of spies and double agents, miracle-working doctors, dirty politicians, plots to rule the world and long-lost love, Doctor Stranger was certainly one of the most complicated dramas I’ve ever watched and one that hooked me right away so it’s only natural for me to feature it as this weekend’s drama to marathon. 
continue here

HALLYU ZOMBIE DRAMA REVIEW: Doctor Stranger Episodes 19-20 (1/2)

I can’t believe the end of my beloved Doctor Stranger is finally upon us but it is so here I sit, with tears streaming down my cheeks, trying to figure out if I’m sad because this drama is actually over or if it’s because absolutely nothing that I predicted for the end came to pass. Maybe it’s a combination of the two? Since I can’t really decide, I’ll just dig into these two episodes and try to find the source of my sorrow. Care to join me? 
continue here

HALLYU ZOMBIE DRAMA REVIEW: Doctor Stranger Episodes 19-20 (2/2)

Zombie: So the end has come and I just have to ask, how many tables did you flip before the end? Personally, I lost count.
Tanya: Are we talking real or metaphorical here?

continue here

Guest izyanesa

8 out 10 i will give this drama...it got storyline altough i do admit sometimes its good messy in some part....

This is just my opinion...dont bashes me as what i going to state is barely my opinion and dont bias to any shipper...

Episode 1 and episode 2 was so awesone that make me stuck with this drama and falling in love with the love of hoon and jaehee...their love not purely just love at first sight...but more than that...both of them work hard to maintain their love...they sacrife with their own way...and its just awesone how hoon never love other despite he being fliting with other girl..even soohyun got confused...

I love jaehee because she seen so sweet at first and the became badash as spy...i love how jsy potray song jaehee han songhee...they way she look at hoon and they way she act make her fresh character for heroin...despite her young ages she can pull mature character very well...when she realize she did wrong to take the bad guy hand just because at the time she just missed hoon so much...for the purpose to see hoon even for a while she endure with all the hardship...and she agreed she feel greed but then when she realized she been manipulated and will harm hoon..she try to leave hoon and that make her hurt more...

And i love how hoon mature as a lover..as doctor and as a friend...i love how hoon only had eye on jaehee...people may say it just obsession not pure love...but hoon is not obsesses...he love jaehee and only feel true happiness when he with jaehee....

and as a friend he make other confident...at first i dont understand what the purpose he fliting with soohyun but then i realize its the way for hoo to smile despite how hurt he feel or missed jaehee...

And he make others doctor such as jaejoo and doctor yang start to act as a doctor...

As for soohyun...i hate her when her character from want to be a doctor and confused her feeling towards hoon...but after seen the overall drama i understand her character...why she started to confused her feeling toward jaejoo and hoon...well because of her family kind of cool and even jaejoon kind of cool and workholic and when hoon flirting with her and she feel love and became greedy for it...she envy jaehee(before know it was dr han) because hoon only had eye on her..while jaejoon and her family alwys put hospital at first priority....i will love her more if her charactef try to show how she work hard as doctor instead confused with her feeling..

Same goes with jaejoon i love him...and park haejin just nail the character...i love how he change at the end and his character could be lead..it has awesome character...

So despite the shipping and other issue i can say dr stranger indeed is a good drama...and i even love the ending as it see simple yet full of love and try to tell us that sometime destiny and workhard has to be on the same level to get happiness..

So thanks for all of you either live recap..opinions and others...will miss you all as i missed this drama

Guest dhebbie2t

I just finish watching this drama and I already said in the past that I LOVE THIS DRAMA
It is fun, nic and it is not boring
I like each characters because it really suits them

Just wanna commend this drama because I LOVE the ending
Whenever I watch a drama I am very particular how's the drama ends
And recently I've been watching a drama that I don't like the ending part
I mean I am not satisfied
But DOCTOR STRANGER gave me satisfaction
Kudos to writerNim and PDNim
they made the drama daebak

CONGRATULATIONS 

Because of all the distractions created by the writer, covering nearly every aspect of life and politics, the most important point was brought in during the last episode and I was satisfied. That most important point was that all Park Hoon wanted was to save someone as a doctor. Park Hoon remembered his father's dying wish, his immortal words about being a doctor is to save someone. After the PM was shot, even JaeHee wanted him dead. The body guards outside the OR also wanted him dead. I wasn't sure whether the President wanted that opportunity for him to be dead, but surely his eyes were glued to the rescue procedure. Park Hoon used his top-notch skills to save PM and that actually changed the ending of the series. The President actually wanted to do a GOOD POLITICIAN (with the great example that Park Hoon set) and indicted the PM for corruption and to put him in jail. I hope most viewers caught the effort the writer made to bring home that theme, but I sure appreciated it. Park Hoon changed the culture of everyone around him and made them into better doctors. For that reason, I feel the drama was saved and that it can be considered to be a good drama.

Guest sunshine4ever

Lyrayoo said: If someone from DS Thread to create another one for the movie version, kindly let us know so we can re-direct the discussion for the movie version in order not to confuse the plot of  the Chinese remake versus the  drama. Thanks!

Check Out My Recap of Doctor Stranger Episode 20

Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 7.40.37 PM

It’s over! Doctor Stranger finished it’s 20 episode run with a slightly better than normal finale (at least when compared to the previous episodes). Hoon upholds his dedication to saving lives and the loose ends are for the most part tied up in a nice bow. Be warned, the writer has a great time brining the plot full circle, resulting is quite a few eye roll inducing deja vu moments. Overall, it was an ending that I didn’t hate and that’s rather high praise considering how ridiculous Doctor Stranger became. Needless to say, I’m more than ready to move on to a different show.

Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 8.31.43 PM

Be sure to check out my full recap here!

Thanks for reading!

Rachel 

@sunshine4ever I saw the MVs of Bridal Mask. Martina's work is very emotional and good. She's very talented. 
Sweetie thanks for the gifs de Jong Suk & Seyeoni... The job of @Aera is beautiful. I love when Jong Suk gives to Seyeoni the high five. Omo! They're so cute. I'm still a big, huge shipper of them in real life. 
:x
-------------------
tumblr_n8lqqi2bEl1sq04vgo3_250.giftumblr_n8lqqi2bEl1sq04vgo4_250.gif

tumblr_n8lqqi2bEl1sq04vgo5_250.giftumblr_n8lqqi2bEl1sq04vgo6_250.gif
tumblr_n8lqqi2bEl1sq04vgo7_250.giftumblr_n8lqqi2bEl1sq04vgo2_250.gif
tumblr_n8lqqi2bEl1sq04vgo1_250.giftumblr_n8lqqi2bEl1sq04vgo8_250.gif
tumblr_n8lqqi2bEl1sq04vgo10_250.giftumblr_n8lqqi2bEl1sq04vgo9_250.gif

“I don’t want normal and easy and simple. I want painful, difficult, devastating, life-changing, extraordinary love.”

Credit http://kcelebs.tumblr.com/

Guest sunshine4ever

This is for fun. Thanks to @heolaaa for pointing this out and created the image below. Haha. I watched the scene again and wow, her high-heels did transform into flat!!! I guess she could really fall running so they're afraid something will happen to her on top of the bridge.

zgrG5xd.jpg

Please credit heolaaa if taken out of Soompi. Thanks.

@MarjorieA, oh my...love the recent gifs set done by http://kcelebs.tumblr.com/ wow. That person seems to be Jong Suk's fan and he/she is so creative. Love the language and dialogue on the gifs. :)

Archived