[Drama 2014] Doctor Stranger 닥터이방인

SongMira

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would like to thank those recappers for having to endure recapping this awful drama.... first two episodes were sooooo freaking exciting and thereafter, it made no sense, yet like the actors, recappers, soldiered on and recap the drama until its end despite being sooooo frustrated with it.

I thank them because after the 6th episode, i couldnt bare to waste 1 hr of my time to watch it, as it would be faster for me to read the recaps.

Until you next drama LJS! (and please maintain your first two episodes hairstyle!)

@realistic2280 Sometimes girl life sucks, this is not what the actor signed for and they were tied in the most stupid contract in the movie, pd jin hyuk said yes, while the actors are doubting this tragedy, Now lee jong suk is suffocated with Park Hoon's role, based on his post in weibo.... what a crazy DS!!!

sleepykid said: @realistic2280 Sometimes girl life sucks, this is not what the actor signed for and they were tied in the most stupid contract in the movie, pd jin hyuk said yes, while the actors are doubting this tragedy, Now lee jong suk is suffocated with Park Hoon's role, based on his post in weibo.... what a crazy DS!!!

Guest smeli

@sunshine4ever : thanks for the mv, I like it. I also like the other songs in this drama. The ending is better than Angel's Revenge.Now I'm watching Angel Eyes and love the songs too.

Guest kimsontoya

angels_natdylax05 said: Any idea what's it's all about?..This is based on direct translation so bear with me...All I know that both 3 main leads LJS PHJ KSR have received love calls, but JSY next step still in the dark? LJS is well-known in China..known as one of the current Hallyu King..PHJ will act in OCN channel drama Bad Guy and KSR will join tvN Misaeng in October while JSY still cloudy, because recent controversies and critics that she got insistently and has non-stopping dramas before. From bridal mask until DS, she showed the same image. Unfortunately, her future is still unclear now. The article also said Chinese fans anticipate the movie because LJS and PHJ include KSR.

*At first I thought they gonna make Sunny 2.0 becos KSR is the main "juingong" in Sunny and there's the word "맑" ...hahahaha...now i understand it's the bright vs cloudy future...
=)) :))

So i read this somewhere, this person commented about Doctor Stranger and this person is a neutral party. It's a good read although this person may be harsh but it's just his or her honest opinion. So please do read this with an open mind. :D

No, sorry, I'm not. Do you think only Quack shippers are allowed to dislike Doctor Stranger? LOL. I only watch it because of Park Haejin and Lee Jongsuk. The plot is weird and there are so many flaws and inconsistent things. Bad script, and Jin Seyeon's acting was unbearable to watch. The other 3 leads are good. I didn't watch the last 2 episodes and only read recaps. My love for Haejin and Jongsuk is not enough to make me continue watching that crappy drama. The scriptwriter screwed Haejin and Jongsuk's (and other casts) characters. Why did Haejin tricked to do this drama T___T

So the main point of Doctor Stranger is you can forget your father's last words that told you to be a real doctor (and he sacrificed his life only to tell you that!), letting your sick mother living alone in some hospital, just that you can be together with your first love. And you can do anything that doctors shouldn't do just to win a competition. Oh yeah. So beautiful indeed.The fanshipwar is crazy, I don't care about the ship and I wanted everyone to be ended alone. Hoon is so blindly in love with his first love Jaehee even though she said something like "don't save their life so we can save our life" like really? omg! Is that what a doctor should do? So you can sacrifice other people's life in order to save yours and your beloved one's life? And because Hoon is "Jaehee-ah Jaehee-ah" in 20 episodes it'll be weird if he ended up with Soohyun. I think it's best if Soohyun ended alone to be a real doctor not quack, Jaejoon went back to US and HoonHee died in that river. It makes more sense. And since you are a "hoonheelover", let me say something. 

The Heartbeaters (HoonHee shippers) are so delusional that they think there's a possibility that Lee Jongsuk and Jin Seyeon ~love~ each other in real life. Their "proof" is so laughable because they obviously don't know much about Jongsuk. They only see things from jinseyeon's side. Heol! That couple has zero chemistry. Thank God I'm too lazy to make a soompi account, if not of course I have to flip a table there. Someone need to slap and wake them up. Oh I think some Jongsuk fans tried, but they've been ignored and treated like some delulu Quacks. And don't the heartbeaters know that most of Jongsuk fans don't like Jinseyeon? Because she ruined the drama. I don't know about Quacks and I'm not Kang Sora's fan so I can't say anything but one thing for sure, she did a good job and didn't ruin the drama. Sorry offtopic. 

I hope Temptation/Seduction don't end up like Doctor Stranger.

LOL I agree. And it's not the first time I've been labeled as a Quack shipper when I just try to give criticism about Doctor Stranger. Sometimes HoonHee shippers can't accept the fact that people don't like Doctor Stranger NOT because Quack couple isn't together but because the storyline is ridiculous.

by jeonbaka under comments section http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/07/tv-spoilers-seduction.html

Jin Se-yeon Says Good-bye to Jae-hee by Taking Photos with Jin Hyuk and Lee Jong-suk
%EC%A7%84%EC%84%B8%EC%97%B0_1-copy.jpg

Jin Se-yeon, the heroin of SBS’s ‘Doctor Stranger’, has released photos she took together with director Jin Hyuk and hero Lee Jong-suk.
On July 14, Jin Se-yeon shot additional scenes for ‘Doctor Stranger’s movie version, which will be released in China. It will be a 2 hour movie, consisting of scenes from the 20 episodes of the drama aired in Korea. New intros and endings will be added to the movie version and the movie will also include unreleased scenes.
After the finale of the drama and finishing shooting additional scenes, Ji Se-yeon took photos of everyone from the cast and the production teams to remove sadness about the end of the drama.
Ji Se-yeon is a popular commercial model not only in Korea but also in China. It means that her pure image as a first love is loved by Chinese fans.
Ji Se-yeon will hold her first fan meeting event on July 26 in Korea.
getitk

Not sure if I can say I really finished this, since  gave up watching around ep6 and went to just reading recaps. But my last thoughts on it are - worst writing ever in a k-drama, some of the worst acting, and a plot that must have come out of some hallucinating gerbil climbing out of the black pits of the "Sharknado" burial site.
And those are it's best points...

pandalover1

said:

So i read this somewhere, this person commented about Doctor Stranger and this person is a neutral party. It's a good read although this person may be harsh but it's just his or her honest opinion. So please do read this with an open mind. :D

No, sorry, I'm not. Do you think only Quack shippers are allowed to dislike Doctor Stranger? LOL. I only watch it because of Park Haejin and Lee Jongsuk. The plot is weird and there are so many flaws and inconsistent things. Bad script, and Jin Seyeon's acting was unbearable to watch. The other 3 leads are good. I didn't watch the last 2 episodes and only read recaps. My love for Haejin and Jongsuk is not enough to make me continue watching that crappy drama. The scriptwriter screwed Haejin and Jongsuk's (and other casts) characters. Why did Haejin tricked to do this drama T___T

So the main point of Doctor Stranger is you can forget your father's last words that told you to be a real doctor (and he sacrificed his life only to tell you that!), letting your sick mother living alone in some hospital, just that you can be together with your first love. And you can do anything that doctors shouldn't do just to win a competition. Oh yeah. So beautiful indeed.The fanshipwar is crazy, I don't care about the ship and I wanted everyone to be ended alone. Hoon is so blindly in love with his first love Jaehee even though she said something like "don't save their life so we can save our life" like really? omg! Is that what a doctor should do? So you can sacrifice other people's life in order to save yours and your beloved one's life? And because Hoon is "Jaehee-ah Jaehee-ah" in 20 episodes it'll be weird if he ended up with Soohyun. I think it's best if Soohyun ended alone to be a real doctor not quack, Jaejoon went back to US and HoonHee died in that river. It makes more sense. And since you are a "hoonheelover", let me say something. 

The Heartbeaters (HoonHee shippers) are so delusional that they think there's a possibility that Lee Jongsuk and Jin Seyeon ~love~ each other in real life. Their "proof" is so laughable because they obviously don't know much about Jongsuk. They only see things from jinseyeon's side. Heol! That couple has zero chemistry. Thank God I'm too lazy to make a soompi account, if not of course I have to flip a table there. Someone need to slap and wake them up. Oh I think some Jongsuk fans tried, but they've been ignored and treated like some delulu Quacks. And don't the heartbeaters know that most of Jongsuk fans don't like Jinseyeon? Because she ruined the drama. I don't know about Quacks and I'm not Kang Sora's fan so I can't say anything but one thing for sure, she did a good job and didn't ruin the drama. Sorry offtopic. 

LOL I agree. And it's not the first time I've been labeled as a Quack shipper when I just try to give criticism about Doctor Stranger. Sometimes HoonHee shippers can't accept the fact that people don't like Doctor Stranger NOT because Quack couple isn't together but because the storyline is ridiculous.

pandalover1

said:

by jeonbaka under comments section http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/07/tv-spoilers-seduction.html

Guest kimsontoya

@pandalover1 Thanks for sharing that comment here in the main thread.  I fully agree with the poster's thoughts.  And, I would like to add, Doctor Stranger is sending a very terrible message to the youth - a person can play with the lives of innocent people just to get back to her first love.  This is one of the reasons why I'm not recommending this series to fellow Kdrama viewers.

I'm inspired watching  this drama because I like LEE JONG SUK as an actor ever since I watched I HEAR YOUR VOICE. However, just like everyone else in this thread, I am most inspired when I feel that his partner is also appealing to me. In this drama I like Dr Soo Hyun better than Dr. Jae Hee.
I'm sorry to say this my friends but this is my choice and we are free to express our feeling in a nice way.Thank you very much. I'm watching Fated to love You. See you there. 

Archived