[Drama 2014] Doctor Stranger 닥터이방인

SongMira

LOL.
And so many people has not yet moved on from this drama.
I guess the movie version of this is going to be yet another hot topic for everyone - lovers and haters alike.
No matter. I'm just so happy to see Se Yeon and Jeong Suk together. These two are such good friends, and even off-cam it shows:

%EC%A7%84%EC%84%B8%EC%97%B0_1-copy.jpg

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sunshine4ever

Hi everyone, for those of you who are interested in reading a perspective about why Hoon kissed Jae Hee's hair many times as well as other physical intimacy scenes between Hoon and Jae Hee, you can go HERE to read about it. (Very insightful perspective.)

Here's my take....

Hoon had kissed Jae Hee's hair in episode 2 when they were trying to escape Budapest together. He also did that quite a lot of times during the time that he met her again as well as the ending scene. I wasn't sure why the director/scriptwriter wanted to emphasize on that so much so I went to google out the meaning behind kissing someone's hair but there was no luck. lol.

Anyway, so Hoon actually stroked Jae Hee's hair a lot, too. I'm clueless, but I guess they are endearments towards Jae Hee or maybe because he is just a touchy person? I know Hoon did this to a lot of people, too, but with Jae Hee it's just different. It looks to me that he was very gentle when he was doing that with her, so I think it shows he admired/loved her a lot through the hand gestures, stroking hair, and kissing/smelling of her hair.

Ep 2
efHpTPw.jpg

Ep 20
twVHf3Y.jpg

On multiple occasions it seemed like Park Hoon and Song Jae Hee are inseparable based on the way we view their hugs. I can't capture all, but it seemed like the hug in episode 2 determined all the hugs in this show between PH & SJH. Always so tight.
qXgpKyS.jpg

The way Jae Hee hugged Hoon had always been the same.

ZhnG1FD.jpg
^Episode 1

JohYJjF.jpg
^Episode 9

9d797vG.jpg
^Episode 20

Gotta love the way the director show those intimate scenes as they are repetitive and they show something between Hoon and Jae Hee. That deep connectedness between the two of them. The way he liked her hair and the way she is so attached to him by the way she hugged him.

sunshine4ever said: Hi everyone, for those of you who are interested in reading a perspective about why Hoon kissed Jae Hee's hair many times as well as other physical intimacy scenes between Hoon and Jae Hee, you can go HERE to read about it. (Very insightful perspective.)

Here's my take....

Hoon had kissed Jae Hee's hair in episode 2 when they were trying to escape Budapest together. He also did that quite a lot of times during the time that he met her again as well as the ending scene. I wasn't sure why the director/scriptwriter wanted to emphasize on that so much so I went to google out the meaning behind kissing someone's hair but there was no luck. lol.

Anyway, so Hoon actually stroked Jae Hee's hair a lot, too. I'm clueless, but I guess they are endearments towards Jae Hee or maybe because he is just a touchy person? I know Hoon did this to a lot of people, too, but with Jae Hee it's just different. It looks to me that he was very gentle when he was doing that with her, so I think it shows he admired/loved her a lot through the hand gestures, stroking hair, and kissing/smelling of her hair.

Ep 2

Ep 20

On multiple occasions it seemed like Park Hoon and Song Jae Hee are inseparable based on the way we view their hugs. I can't capture all, but it seemed like the hug in episode 2 determined all the hugs in this show between PH & SJH. Always so tight.

The way Jae Hee hugged Hoon had always been the same.

^Episode 1

^Episode 9

^Episode 20

Gotta love the way the director show those intimate scenes as they are repetitive and they show something between Hoon and Jae Hee. That deep connectedness between the two of them. The way he liked her hair and the way she is so attached to him by the way she hugged him.

lee jong suk loves kissing his leading lady hair. for example, episode 17 of i hear your voice, during the last scene when they are together in hospital bed, they snuggle and he kiss lee bo young's hair, people is having a delulu again. that's impromptu from ljs.

Chrisstina 19 of 24 people found this review helpful Other reviews by this user 9 days ago 12 comments report

• Overall
6.5Story 4.0Acting/Cast 9.5Music 10Rewatch Value 1.0 First I must say that I was nice with my rating! Why you may ask:
- This drama had a great potential(for a first 4-6 episodes) but because of a bad writing it went downhill!
- Lee Jong Suk really improved in his acting, Kang So Ra was really good and Park Hae Jin was great! Their acting was that kept me from dropping it! I wanted to see their improvement!

MOD EDIT: CONTENT REMOVED! HATEFUL BASHING ON ACTRESS!

- One more thing that I liked in this drama were those amazing Kang So Ra and Lee Jong Suk moments which have kept me from dropping it lol. I really liked their chemistry, it felt so real and it gave me those feels! :D

This drama SUCKED big times! As I said, I liked where the storyline in a first 4 episodes was taking, but then everything went messy and so damn confusing. I was pissed and mad at everyone >_< l was like: "What the heck are they doing?" O.o U didn't even know who to like and who to hate! The writing was really, really bad and I don't think I'll watch anything from this writer again!

Music: Woah, it was really good! My fav one was this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QusjP1V7qo
I like Bobby Kim's voice! :D I even listen it for 2 weeks and I still am! :D

So actually as you see only three things in this drama are worth watching it, but for your own good I really don't recommend you!
Don't watch it! Oh, you mean "It has a Lee Jong Suk in it so I'll give it a try", but don't seriously! Even if it's for him!
I don't think I'll rewatch this drama even if I don't have anything to watch LOL!^^

yankumicho 25 of 29 people found this review helpful Other reviews by this user 8 days ago 4 comments report
    • Overall
5.0Story 4.0Acting/Cast 7.0Music 7.0Rewatch Value 1.0 The term "wasted opportunity" should have a definition--Doctor Stranger. Doctor Stranger was nothing but a wasted opportunity--a piece of work that started so strong and had a pretty powerful premise combined with corrupt politics and evil machinations with world-altering circumstances, but turned out to be nothing but people piddling around a hospital in a competition which seemingly went nowhere and somewhere at once. In other words, Doctor Stranger felt like it surgically removed too many parts and tried to put them back together, but when doing so, it mistook some organs for others and ultimately ended up being a "table death."

That "death" was almost predestined by Doctor Stranger's plot. At first, the show was thrilling; it's focus on Park Hoon and the things a doctor has to do gripped me. Yet, a show that has one weak character from the beginning will often find that weak character to be the cause of its entire downfall. That's what happened here. A weak character was then joined by mediocre characters, and the whole show had to rely on one really strong character (Park Hoon) to bolster the story. That weak character, though, thread through Park Hoon's performance, made a wrong stitch, and unraveled it altogether. (Don't even get me started on the ending.)

Acting-wise, it was either a beating heart or a flat line. Lee Jong Suk, Kang Sora, and Park Hae Jin gave a lot to their roles. In Jong Suk's case, his acting showed more depth than his previous roles and made me feel for Park Hoon in a real way. Unfortunately, the flat-lined actress Jin Se Yeon, brought as much character as character development for her character, that is to say, none. She tripped and stumbled over every scene that required any emotion other than a blank face that clearly said, "I don't know what the hell I'm doing."

Music-wise, I have no complaints.

Instead of asking, "Will you re-watch this?," I would say the question should be, "Do I have to re-watch this?"

Overall, I can't waste any more words than the characters did over dying patients on this drama.

http://mydramalist.com/8933-doctor-stranger

Dr.Stranger Wraps Additional Filming and Preps for C-Movie with Emphasis on The First Love Romance  by koalasplayground
i3aLD4mYgbbdl.png
Read full articles with pictures HERE
hmm ...so PD Jin Hyuk actually regrets that he didn't stick closer to the drama original concept , which is actually about first love and it was actually reworked midway through ...no wonder the storyline really went haywire ... it's good that the PD actually admitted about this..so that's why he comes up with the movie version ..I supposed Jae Hee's character actually was planned to be fully fleshed out in the drama series  but then to no avail in the end because of various reasons...ohh..if only the drama didn't get rework halfway through . .. ... ....hurm ...  :-?

mcleen said:
hmm ...so PD Jin Hyuk actually regrets that he didn't stick closer to the drama original concept , which is actually about first love and it was actually reworked midway through ...no wonder the storyline really went haywire ... it's good that the PD actually admitted about this..so that's why he comes up with the movie version ..I supposed Jae Hee's character actually was planned to be fully fleshed out in the drama series  but then to no avail in the end because of various reasons...ohh..if only the drama didn't get rework halfway through . .. ... ....hurm ...  :-?

mcleen said:

Speaking of OST, I still think Bobby Kim's Song was the best one out of all of them. It had That Sad feeling I really need in an OST for a MeloDrama!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QusjP1V7qo

And Of Course MBLAQ one! Because Listening to it, It reminded me of That Tongue Involved Kiss, Oh My Poor Pervy Mind!LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zycgbKI9T5I

Archived