[Drama 2014] Doctor Stranger 닥터이방인

SongMira

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dhebbie2t

I read one of posts on this page and the message is kinda mean to me
Isn't we have to understand that not everyone in here, english is not there first language
Why put a comment like that?
that will hurt the feelings of the peeps who are trying and doing their best to write in English in this thread just to show their support for this drama
huhuhu
I feel bad

waaaah

This is the first thread that I visited that has this kind of posts

Anyway
Why don't we just post that is RELATED to the drama
DOCTOR STRANGER HWAITING!!!!!!!!

Guest dhebbie2t

Omo
I kinda feel bad about the North Koreans ( can I mention it here?)
Are they okey with that using their country and showing to the viewers how they treat people or what not
well this is not the first time I watch a drama that has related to North but I just noticed that whenever they used North in the drama its weird ( waaah I too scared to mention, they might bomb our country)

Just Saying!!! \m/   \m/   \m/

Guest silverteem

It is an utterly disappointing and sad state that for a drama to have been so incomprehensible, that people simply rely onto actors and shipping to tune them in. It's just as depressing thought that people are blaming Jin Se Yeon because they found her acting deficient, when that shouldn't even be the focal point of the show, which up to this end, has always been about the journey of Hoon. I also find it hypocritical when the same flock of birds chime in that they wished this show had been more medical-centric but then they blame Jin Se Yeon (who is like the furthest to that end of the show) for ruining it for them. 
Let's call it for what it is, people have only been interested in shipping for like 90% of this show's run because the story had been so anemic in its offering that the audience had to cling on to one last thread (shipping) to continue watching it. To that end, I understand the frustration for those who did not achieve even that. But putting the blame on an actress, whose contribution to the show has been marginal at best, and had nothing to do with your ship (which is about to sink anyway), is such a feeble attempt of an audience (whose fault is only of their own for investing their time on it) to find an escape goat to slaughter for their unfulfilled banal instincts. 
Let's just stop the blame game and vile accussations here, Jin Se Yeon as limited as she is, had to scrape the bottom just to land lead roles (thrice last-minute replacement calls now). If you think she is subpar, that's fine, but you could just stop at that and critic her performance, to which by the way, is very much passable. 
And no, chemistry has nothing to do with acting. Chemistry is innate attraction between two people, and therefore it's intangible and partly (largely) biological, not something you can just create by going to acting school. Onscreen connection, maybe, chemistry? No. To which to my honest opinion, neither of the actresses (KSR and JSY) have displayed enough romantic chemistry with LJS to be justified for clamoring to see one over the other. LJS and KSR are like buddies and LJS and JSY have a typical oppa-dongsaeng connection to them. As for LBY-LJS, I'll be one of the dissidents to say that their "chemistry" creeped the living bejeezus out of me, but hey many have been riding on the noona-killer fad on dramas these days, but I just cringed to the point that I dropped IHYV, despite my admiration for LBY and LDH's rivalry, to which to me was the best part of the show.
anti-spam: In the end, did you guys think that Dr. Choi recognized Jaehee and was simply lying to keep Hoon in Myeungwoo? Thoughts?

can u guys please stop making unnecessary long as POSTS please. I don't really wanna read it even if you guys wanna make it persuasive and getting somebody to understand something. WELL I can't understand anything if it's going to be LONG~~

It must have took like half an hour to do that. Even I can't do that much in half an hour for my English Essay.

and mostly the SHORT posts are the most powerful one because it can attack once but kill a lot.

B-)

I must have not gotten the memo. I didn't know there has to be a word limit on soompi posts. 8-} 8-} It's too bad that you can't write that much for your English essay. :P

Anyhow, the pics of the DS after party were so cute! Hahaha, the DS cake looked delicious :D I'm missing Agent Cha now. Strangely enough, I want to see him act in another drama! ;)

Guest sunshine4ever

Jong Suk's and Se Yeon's ending message.
You can watch JS's message

and Se Yeon's message
Translations credit to ninjaanikki @ soompi (If you take this translation outside of Soompi, please credit ninjaanikki)

DISCLAIMER: Translations are not all accurate!

Translation for Jong Suk's video
nxAzuxx.jpguhzfQBd.jpg
78EaVdD.jpgAGCWhwe.jpg

Translation starts @ 0:09
JS: It's over!@ 0:16Caption: Lee Jong SukPark HoonJS: Really, it feels like it hasn't ended, but it ended. Really, it feels strange. I thought I would feel at ease.Caption: [Park Hoon's last message!]Last shooting with many ending thoughts from Jong SukJS: I really like it, and I would have this feeling forever.The producer director and staff has suffered a lot.I probably will remember these memories for a lifetime.Caption: [Jong Suk's heart] (feelings from the heart)Lifetime memories remain <Doctor Stranger>JS: You have suffered a lot.JS: Bye Stranger!Bubble: (Bye Stranger!)Caption: [Fan service shot!]Hoon's last wink!

Translation for Se Yeon's video
AEJxxvk.jpgEBCCWRI.jpg
avqRcJu.jpgddc6mEV.jpg
SY: It's the last time~!It's the last time~@ 0:14SY: Hello, everybody!Caption: Jin Se YeonSong Jae Hee/Han Seung HeeSY: I'm characters Han Seung Hee/Song Jae Hee. I'm Jin Se Yeon.Uagh, I don't know exactly how much time passed by.It's July 8th, 2AM! It's very late.Caption: [Good work~]July 8th, 2AM! Se Yeonie's last ending shoot!SY: It's not over yet like this. Uagh, more so, my heart is feeling disappointed. It ended really fast.So, I've received a lot of love and interest from the viewers.Even so, though it's hard, I will work harder from now on.Really. Aheuk~ (fake crying)Yes, -laughs-, really, I'm sad.Caption: [Don't leaveㅠ_ㅠ]Not yet disappointed Se YeonSY: Very, it's not yet to feel sad that it has endedEven though 'Doctor Stranger' has ended, there are makings (BTS) and other things.Give many interest to them.Bubble: (Kkyeoyeong~)SY: Hmm ah~, I don't know!I'll end here. -laughs-I'll say this.Caption: [Meanwhile]<Doctor Stranger> Thank you for giving lots of loveSY: Meanwhile, for giving lots of love to 'Doctor Stranger,' I really, really thank you.Thank you! Fighting! Fighting, everybody! Ppashya Ppashya! (similiar to fighting) -laughs-Bye~
sunshine4ever's note: please note that I added a picture of Se Yeon with PD Jin Hyuk and it was not part of the video. I'm sorry, I don't know which source I got the picture from as I saved it in my computer.

Here is another picture of the whole staff. I think they took the picture the same day? Haha,or PD Jin Hyuk was wearing the same shirt? "Just Do It." I think the person that Se Yeon and Jong Suk hugged in the video is the scriptwriter? Any idea? Anyway, the same person is also standing next to PD JH and behind Se Yeon and Jong Suk in this picture.

eEcQWGt.jpg

tumblr_n8kni7oeDO1sh32sgo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n8kni7oeDO1sh32sgo2_500.jpg
This is a record of all the things about Jongsuk that I love so much.
Part of the additional shooting for DS movie…

This weibo showed one of the scenes for the additional shooting for DS… Since only part of the story is shown, with the end of the lines cropped, so the translation below is a bit incomplete… Anyway, just a feel for you how the story is going to be like… so this is how they are going to remove the North Korean part (most likely because of the censorship in China)…  and with the dubbing, I guess they can change the story to whatever they like…

1. Garibong Hospital

Park Hoon was lying on bed sleeping, maybe in a nightmare, in a painful expression.

Park Hoon: (Sound)… A lot of people said I am a genius daughter, but it is laughable, I’m just slightly better than them in my operating skills, and my thinking a bit different, and because of that bit of difference, it was extended further, use… to make the hospital make money… I hate this… If monks don’t like the temple, they can choose to leave, so I choose to leave here. I don’t know because of travel or the long journey making me feel like I am trapped in a maze without exit… no hope unless I can leave this maze. One day I met this woman suddenly, someone who can help me leave his maze- Ariadne… goddess of fate—- Song Jae Hee… We are both fated for each other. A doctor with terminal illness— Song Jae Hee. Sometimes we are… sometimes we are in love like fire , and I proposed to her… but… she is Eastern Europe’s mafia boss Cha Jin Soo’s woman… After knowing… her terminal illness’s method and finished operation, I decided… to run away with her…

Budapest hospital to bridge scene…

In the moment when Jae Hee fell into the water, Park Hoon woke up. He was sweating and breathing heavily, maybe because of the nightmare… He stared emptily and closed his eyes…

Translation Note: I don’t want to check this again after translating… I simply don’t want to read this again, so forgive me for any grammatical mistakes… It won’t affect your reading… I think you can understand after you read this. I don’t even want to check what the Ariadne story is about… even though I have googled the name for translation…

source : here

WUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA :D =)) =))

you know what i mean untie @raniazeid @sleepykid @angels_natdylax5 @sandjh

The thread is open again, :). What will happen to my Mondays, Doctor Stranger just ended, I'm trying to watch other dramas but what is freaking me out is that even Doctor Stranger is oddly strange it is watchable comapared to High School King of Savvy :( Maybe because of the actors or I'm just hooked with the drama LOL... Anyway about the movie well let's hope it will be better, and make jae hee likable, because common if they going to be the end game, why don't make Jae Hee likable and lovable right.. And Park Hoon be a man and stand for his girl not being drag and controlled by other character, especially Cha and Jae Hee.

Guest sunshine4ever

Here is a sweet MV for the last OST they released called "Strange Road" by Yoo Jin. I'm just so in awe with this OST. Gosh, Doctor Stranger has like the most beautiful OST ever. I love all the songs!!!

Watch it in 720p for better quality. :)

MV credits to LJS jdp and thanks to azrulilp for posting it. You can view the English translation under the spoiler tag.

YOOJIN (THE SEEYA) – STRANGE ROAD (낯선 길) DOCTOR STRANGER OST

Where am I? Can someone tell me?
I don’t see a single place to lean on
Every time I open my eyes, I can’t find any light

I difficultly take a step
Trying to survive somehow
Before I meet you
I will keep walking, just wait

At the end of this road, this strange road
You will be looking for me as you cry
You’ll be waiting for the faded and rusty love

I’ll look for you, who is hiding and calling out to me
I’ll go to you, wherever you are
Just wait a little bit

I call out your name but the echoes have no answer
Following the footsteps in the shallow memories
I pace back and forth on the road you were once at

I difficultly take a step
Trying to survive somehow
Before I meet you
I will keep walking, just wait

You will be looking for me as you cry
You’ll be waiting for the faded and rusty love

Just wait a little bit

At this strange place
Just wait a little bit

lyrics credit to: http://popgasa.com

@silverteem,

thanks for the insightful post. I would definitely consider using the word "onscreen connection" now after reading what you wrote about chemistry. I do agree that it (chemistry) is a biological thing and not the acting thing.~~~

While rewatching the first 2 episodes in DramaFever I just notive that there is a shower scene, I never appreciate it because they show how broken Hoon is, I hope the story remain that strong, its all in the past pd jin hyuk, writer nim, already make a doom mistake. Must move on, and wait patiently for their new dramas.

Archived