[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

Just finish watching the drama with sub and thankfully it's fast paced so far, all the background details laid out already. Just some thoughts...
Jo Min Hyuk is a reckless, happy-go-lucky wealthy son but hiding a painful/sad emotion. Seems his girlfriend who is ordinary and doesn't came from a rich family disappeared from his life and he is searching for her. I got a feeling that maybe his family is behind the disappearance coz she doesn't suit him as a future wife or she felt Min Hyuk is not strong enough to fight for her. His family is arranging a marriage of convenience for him with Shin Se Yeon who looks like she doesn't care much for Min Hyuk but deep inside she feels otherwise. I gather they are long time friends.
While Kang Yoo Jung and Ahn Do Hoon both came from a maybe struggling family. The relationship has been 7 years. I think he loves Yoo Jung but of course his parents want him to have a nice wedding to a family who can support him as a promising prosecutor, unlike Yoo Jung's family. His mother I think is rude to her when she told her not to bring anything from then on after all she has been doing for them. And Do Hoon seems to be an ambition man, who wouldn't in his position, attaining his goals. Yoo Jung helped him through the years.
The story line is  interesting. The promise of love and forever to the woman who stood beside him all this time will not have her fairy tale but will be betrayed. It's ambition versus loyalty, love and protection. And the other one is clinging to love instead of friendship. 

:-?

Another very interesting episode, YJ confessed by her free will and refused to be persuaded to change sentence when DH advised her on how serious the crime she was accused of was.

MK at the hospital found out his girl friend was pregnant and after she died he tried to commit suicide by taking some pill but SY took him to the hospital, MK wakes up at the hospital and gets a phone call and left the hospital to go the police station,YJ goes to the police station to give a sentence, she says she didn't know that she hit someone that day but the detectives don't believe her, she learns that the victim of the accident was pregnant and is died.

MK was angry hearing YJ denying not knowing that she hit someone with the car and we finally see the scene from the still where MK tried to strangle YJ at the prison station but as of yet YJ doesn't know that MK was the lover of the woman that was the victim of the hit and run accident.

MK asked a favour from a friend at the prosecutor's office to see the person in charge of the case, DH agreed to see MK as he was curious on what MK wanted, when they met MK asked DH to give the maximum punishment to YJ, DH refuses and after he left the meeting with MK, MK asked his assistance to monitor DH(investigate him).

In the preview, MK has found out that DH and YJ are in a relationship, YJ is sentence to prison and at prison she fainted and when she woke up, the doctor told her that she was pregnant, YJ didn't know but she has lost the baby

A bit disappointed with BSB character here, was hoping to see him in a lead role soon with a good script. As for Ji Sung, I like the scene with him and Hwang Jung Eum in the staircase, intense. Did she really just confessed to the sin just like that? Sometimes a girl should really be thinking hard what kind of a man she is willing to marry? Without the subs, I can surmise that Do Hoon is trying hard to evade being caught or be responsible on the crime he committed. Well no surprise there, for he run from the scene the moment he realized what he had done. So again, the true test of being a good man and facing the consequences of his actions, clearly, DH failed. 
I wonder if there will be a love angle between Se Yeon and Do Hoon. thanks for the recap @oyeleyeolusina and for the insights, too @Jillia. yup NG is a good drama. :\">

do you think that ji sung he will do something to cause hwang jung to lose her baby if that true will be really cruel and hwang jung will never forgive himwe can know from the plot that ji sung will love her but we didn't know if she will love him backI really want 5 years to be past and see how he will take the revenge and also I want to see him when he knows the truth will be painful so much how he hurt the woman he loves and I want him to take revenge from her ex-boyfriend 

Pavlichenko said: 99 said: Hello,  I'm looking forward to seeing the show. And I'm praying that it won't crush my hopes for a good story line. Will the OTP be true OTP or would this story be the kind that put the OTP in a boxing ring instead of nice embrace of each other? Sorry, I'm trying to recover from a disappointing kdrama... :\">

I think DH really loves his girlfriend but the moment he leave the girl that he hit he start to lose his humanity and as time goes and make more sacrifices for his career as he let his girlfriend to go to prison and how she will lose her baby next episode will make him cold man who just think about his ambitions even to the point to betray the woman that he love because anyone who goes to the dark it's difficult to return it just goes deeper and deeper but I believe that even after years pass he will still loves her in some part in his heart but  

I think the drama will be more interesting after the years pased and  Kang Yoo Jung get out from the prison I want to see her how she will be strong woman after her boyfriend betray her and lost her child from the preview as I under stand it and somehow I think her father will die and will she continue to love her boyfriend and protect him after all he did to her ? will she still believe in love ? will she loves Jo Min Hyuk back?as for Jo Min Hyuk I want to know how he will take the revenge and meet yoo jung after she get out from the prison and how he will start to fall in love with her and is he will continue to destroy her life even after falling in love with her and  I want to know what he will do after knowing the truth this will be the most painful Scene in the drama how he hurt the woman that he loves (reveal the secret)   I think this wil happen at the end of the drama 

saya2 said: I think the drama will be more interesting after the years pased and  Kang Yoo Jung get out from the prison I want to see her how she will be strong woman after her boyfriend betray her and lost her child from the preview as I under stand it and somehow I think her father will die and will she continue to love her boyfriend and protect him after all he did to her ? will she still believe in love ? will she loves Jo Min Hyuk back?as for Jo Min Hyuk I want to know how he will take the revenge and meet yoo jung after she get out from the prison and how he will start to fall in love with her and is he will continue to destroy her life even after falling in love with her and  I want to know what he will do after knowing the truth this will be the most painful Scene in the drama how he hurt the woman that he loves (reveal the secret)   I think this wil happen at the end of the drama 

From the preview MH gets the wind that YJ is pregnant and says "that's interesting". Perhaps he is planning to get her to miscarry by hiring someone from the inside? That would be at least avenge his unborn child. 
I think whether this drama ends in forgiveness or love will depend on how far MH goes in his revenge against YJ. Will he try to harm her physically once she get out (hiring thugs etc.) or just block her financially (blocking her from jobs etc.). Those are two different types of revenges and i think the latter is more forgivable than the physical route..